PDA

View Full Version : Are these buildings worth it?

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Since I am a camper (because its easier to spend less time on it, and will give me advantage later) I have been wondering what other buildings are worth it as I start to slowly level by robbing only LMs for Respect. Here's the buildings I've concluded are actually worth a damn to buy and upgrade until level 40 (then I would buy EVERY money building after that):

Fish Store
http://images.wikia.com/crimecityiphone/images/1/1c/FishStore.png
only level 17 unlocked. would probably upgrade to 5 ($7.5k income) and its nice and small

Chicken and Waffles (36g)
http://images.wikia.com/crimecityiphone/images/d/df/ChickenAndWaffles.png
Small G price, nice income only 6x5, would upgrade very high.

Collection Agency
http://images.wikia.com/crimecityiphone/images/2/2e/CollectionAgency.png
another 3-hour building (which is my primary collection cycle) Plus at lvl 10 it give almost what italians do which are a mafia-unlocked building

Seafood Restaurant
http://images.wikia.com/crimecityiphone/images/f/fe/SeafoodRestaurant.png
6 hour collection (goes good with my 3's) and gives nice payout in high levels

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Dominican Restaurant
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120401165527/crimecityiphone/images/3/33/Dominican_Restaurant(3).jpg
self explanatory!

Shoe Store
http://images.wikia.com/crimecityiphone/images/2/29/ShoeStore.png
8-hour collections. I can collect all three pretty well, plus looks cool and gives decent payout for size

Smoke Shop (15g)
http://images.wikia.com/crimecityiphone/images/4/46/SmokeShop.png
sync with the shoe store and very cheap G price and great income

Wholesale Warehouse
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120401234008/crimecityiphone/images/8/83/Wholesale_Warehouse(2).jpg
ill have my t-shirt stands high leveled by time i unlock these. Plus amazing payout for the level its unlocked at.

Any thoughts on these buildings?? (all unlocked under level 40)

Bala82
05-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Well The Fish store is a goal so i wouldn't buy one until that appears on your goal list .

Collection Agency and Seafood Restaurant seem like good investment

Please note you have few building goal along the way like Warehouse one than fish store one than expansion one.

So i thought i will let you know because no one told me about these building goal.

I know your not following them but buildings are quite good -it's fighting one that really rank you up.

enahs1
05-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Dominican R. Are worth it and so are smoke shops. I'm not sure about the rest though

Jazz
05-06-2012, 09:24 AM
I dunno. Dominican's and Smoke Shop's are a definite yes. Collection Agencies will be farmed for RP so make sure you can defend yourself.

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Well The Fish store is a goal so i wouldn't buy one until that appears on your goal list .

Collection Agency and Seafood Restaurant seem like good investment

Please note you have few building goal along the way like Warehouse one than fish store one than expansion one.

So i thought i will let you know because no one told me about these building goal.

I know your not following them but buildings are quite good -it's fighting one that really rank you up.

you don't realize that you can skip goals yet, do you?

CounterSniper
05-06-2012, 09:41 AM

Also if you do the goal before it comes up you still get the reward.

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Also if you do the goal before it comes up you still get the reward.

thats not what I've experienced at all. Same in MW

CounterSniper
05-06-2012, 09:53 AM
thats not what I've experienced at all. Same in MW

Yup, you get it, it just doesnt give you a pop up.

A prime example is 36k defense goal. Most people me included finish that and then the next goal is 28k attack but most people have already passed that point so the reward just appears in your inventory and unless you know to look you might never realize it. I also got the Giant Vehicle at the same time.

This has happened thru out the game for everyone but this is the most famous one.

Sometimes you end up with cash but arent sure where it came from or sometimes you wake up and lost cash but you didnt have cash before you went to sleep. Thats common for build a certain building goals and the next goal is a building you already have so the cash ends up in hand and then you get hit. Things like that.

I play MW but its so not really worth my time so I havent focused on that sort of thing.

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Yup, you get it, it just doesnt give you a pop up.

A prime example is 36k defense goal. Most people me included finish that and then the next goal is 28k attack but most people have already passed that point so the reward just appears in your inventory and unless you know to look you might never realize it. I also got the Giant Vehicle at the same time.

This has happened thru out the game for everyone but this is the most famous one.

Sometimes you end up with cash but arent sure where it came from or sometimes you wake up and lost cash but you didnt have cash before you went to sleep. Thats common for build a certain building goals and the next goal is a building you already have so the cash ends up in hand and then you get hit. Things like that.

I play MW but its so not really worth my time so I havent focused on that sort of thing.

on MW i built all other unit buildings (but not war factory) and didnt get any exp that the other would have given me. not the same for CC i guess? but hey, maybe they just don't give you the exp :D :D :D thats what my only concern is

Bala82
05-06-2012, 10:11 AM

Yes i do realise that but i just don't like seeing the same goal day in day out. If i skip it nothing changes which means all i do collect money , rob people and fight which get boring quite quickly. For me the goal give me a purpose. I know your A CAMPER so you don't need to do goal but for me this main account so i doing whatever i can get money.

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Can any one give insight on these buildings for LLP (if their worth it or not)?

Also, for a lvl 27, are the Magic Playhouses worth it?

Cloud4201
05-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Low level camping is a waste of time IMO. If u really must camp I would do it when some buildings are unlocked that make camping worthwhile. Most of those buildings u mentioned are a waste of time.

Bala82
05-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Well at the low level you have no choice but buy those buildings

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Low level camping is a waste of time IMO. If u really must camp I would do it when some buildings are unlocked that make camping worthwhile. Most of those buildings u mentioned are a waste of time.

thanks for at least the input man. But hey, I'm lvl 9 right now with 32.5k income. 2nd loft being built as of right now. so, camping (if you camp right) at low levels is definitely worth it

enahs1
05-06-2012, 11:11 AM
thanks for at least the input man. But hey, I'm lvl 9 right now with 32.5k income. 2nd loft being built as of right now. so, camping (if you camp right) at low levels is definitely worth it
Your income per hour is higher then mine and I'm at level 80. Pretty sad on my part.
No one will guide me either

Cloud4201
05-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Your income per hour is higher then mine and I'm at level 80. Pretty sad on my part.
No one will guide me either
There are a ton of economy guides on these forums and some very good ones at that. Snoop around and you'll get all the answers you're looking for and much more.

Bala82
05-06-2012, 11:21 AM
dreno what do you mean by LLP ?

Jazz
05-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Low Level Player.

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 11:52 AM
dreno what do you mean by LLP ?

L.ow L.evel P.layer

its a term everyone uses here instead of typing it out. Same for HLP. high level player

LLP ranges usually from 2 to 45/50
HLP ranges usually from 90/100+

enahs1
05-06-2012, 12:10 PM
There are a ton of economy guides on these forums and some very good ones at that. Snoop around and you'll get all the answers you're looking for and much more.
I don't understand these guides

Bala82
05-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Some of those guides are complicated which why anything i am not sure i post a topic on and usually someone tell me the answers. If you go profile go topic started by me it gives idea where i go get answers.

fuzzy
05-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Ok lets get this thread back on topic.....

I had to break out my spread sheets for this *Burn rolls his eyes*

Now I did some comparison between some of the stores you talked about but a lot of the lower level buildings are better buys. I understand sooner or later you are going to have to buy new stores to make new money.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
As we have spoken before you do not care for the House or Pawn Shop but I like both of them.

Pawn Shop - VS - House - VS Fish Store

House Level 6 Every 24 Hours = $8,712 Total Upgrade Cost $33,970

Fish Store LeveL 5 Every 24 Hours = $7,392 Total Upgrade Cost $238,838

Pawn Shop Level 10 Every 24 Hours = 10,313 Total Upgrade Cost $50,061

In my opinion the House or Pawn Shop is much better buy.

Chicken and Waffles = Waste of Money - If you are going to buy 2 of them spend the money on a crate instead

Jazz is correct in saying the Collection Agency people will be hitting for RP so I would skip but I put in my break down also.

Lets compare it anyway……….

Ice Cream Shop -VS - Collection Agency - VS - Chicken and Waffles

Chicken and Waffles Level 4 Every 6 Hours = $8,470 Total Upgrade Cost $729,309
Collection Agency Level 9 Every 3 Hours = $8,223 Total Upgrade Costs $6,718,396
Ice Cream Level 10 Every 3 Hours = $7,838 Total Upgrade Cost $124,658

Do you see how much money you have to put into those buildings compared to the Ice Cream Shop

Deli - VS - Shoe Store

Deli Level 10 Every 8 Hours = $4,500 Total Upgrade Cost $68,836

Shoe Store Level 3 Every 8 Hours = $5,390 Total Upgrade Cost $524,054

You are correct….the Dominican Restaurant is a must have

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

jaywalker
05-06-2012, 12:34 PM
And the smoke Shop:

Smoke Shop Level 2 Every 8 hours = $4,400 Total upgrade cost $167 000 + 15 Gold
Smoke Shop Level 3 Every 8 hours = $7,700 Total upgrade cost $445 890 + 15 Gold

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Thanks Fuzzy. Don't forget to factor in time! WE are getting high in income enough to start looking away from cost and more at time. We have our back-up buildings to fall back on when short on money.

By the time we get to the buildings listed, WE will have a sexy income number to back up the cost. That's why i created this thread. Cost won't be a concern for these buildings, time will.

Bala82
05-06-2012, 12:49 PM
I appreciate because i was wondering about those buildings

fuzzy
05-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Thanks Fuzzy. Don't forget to factor in time! WE are getting high in income enough to start looking away from cost and more at time. We have our back-up buildings to fall back on when short on money.

By the time we get to the buildings listed, WE will have a sexy income number to back up the cost. That's why i created this thread. Cost won't be a concern for these buildings, time will.

I agree time is money in the game as stated by CCM in other threads

The only buildings that I listed that have out of control upgrade time is the House once it hits high levels.

Pawn Shop Level 10 = 234.17 Hours or 9.76 days
Deli Level 10 = 234.84 Hours or 9.79 days
House Level 6 = 43.01 Hours or 1.75 days
Ice Cream Level 10 = 343.68 Hours or 14.32 days

You might want to double check my math.

If you sleep 8 hours a night (who does that anyway) on those 9 to 10 upgrades are actually only 48 hour upgrades....LOL

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Dude Fuzzy, does that bear have blood on its teeth? kinda sketchy...

Back on topic,

When I compare our hoods I look at all your 4x4s and think about the total time spent on those and then think about what if that time was focused on just one type of building (i.e. ice cream shops or BBCs or LM) and wonder what the better investment was to focus on in the beginning for the long run.

That's all. I figured later on, you will have a whole other expansion then me filled up and I wonder, is that too many back-up buildings?

fuzzy
05-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Are you second guessing my Gun Shops ?

I thought about not getting them but since I was upgrading the Loft to a Level 2 all I could do was build.

The Gun Shops take minutes to build. If you pick them up 2 times (48 hour buildings) after 4 days they have made a profit. There was nothing else for me to build at our level worth it to me.

So in another 3 days they are all profit to me. They may always stay at level 1 but they will always produce me a profit for after that day.

I need profit to get the other Loft up to a Level 2.

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Not second guessing (more like first guessing) lol

I'm thinking about it as just "was it the BEST way to spend my time to earn the QUICKEST profit?"

ShawnBB
05-06-2012, 02:17 PM
I agree time is money in the game as stated by CCM in other threads

The only buildings that I listed that have out of control upgrade time is the House once it hits high levels.

Pawn Shop Level 10 = 234.17 Hours or 9.76 days
Deli Level 10 = 234.84 Hours or 9.79 days
House Level 6 = 43.01 Hours or 1.75 days
Ice Cream Level 10 = 343.68 Hours or 14.32 days

You might want to double check my math.

If you sleep 8 hours a night (who does that anyway) on those 9 to 10 upgrades are actually only 48 hour upgrades....LOL

:). Be aware of your math bud!
Ice cream shop has a total 234 hour upgrade time too.
And what about house lvl6? Why you only count it to 6?
a lot of buildings spent their 55% total upgrade time from lvl8 to 10. And their 85% total upgrade time from lvl6 to lvl10.
That's why upgrade to lvl10 is the least option you want to do in the game.
You have to choose the few high quality buildings, upgrade evenly to avoid too much time wasting caused by concentrate upgrade.

Have to say I'm very sensitive to these data, because I had a great time figuring out the money building quality thing.
Want to mention the importance of (gain IPH)/ROI once again. It can directly tell the building quality!

This coefficient told us that a building reaches its most worth value at level 4(TypeB), A single concave down curve.
For TypeA it's a little complicated, a double concave down, which has its local maximum value at lvl4 and lvl6. While lvl6 is the global max. That's exactly why people generally have a feeling to push LOFT to lvl4 and MT to lvl6.

Why nightclub is good? Because the ratio is 77
Why Icecream shop is good? 4.1
Why loft is good? 3.9
Why movietheater is relatively not super good? 1.7
Italian restaurant 1.6
Dominican 0.75
Wholesale warehouse 0.88
Comedy club 0.84
Chicken and waffle 0.58
Smoke shop 0.64
Gun shop 0.28
Pawn shop 0.4
Warehouse 0.13
Electronic store 0.18
Chinese restaurant 0.12

That's enough, hope someone would at least pay little attention to this

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 02:21 PM
I read every word ShawnBB(:

Could you possibly give your opinion on the OP as to which you feel are worth it when unlocked for me (an extreme camper)

jaywalker
05-06-2012, 02:30 PM
If you plan on upgrading to level 10, you can compare the chain rois? Or chain roi for certain levels than you plan on landing on...

Dreno33
05-06-2012, 02:32 PM
If you plan on upgrading to level 10, you can compare the chain rois? Or chain roi for certain levels than you plan on landing on...

Im not sure the levels i plan on landing on or whether ever getting them to 10. Just know by this point it would be unwise to not buy any. So i picked the 8 (i thought to be best) and asked you for your opinions

fuzzy
05-06-2012, 02:39 PM
@ShawnBB

Why House at a Level 6? Dreno33 asked if the Fish Store was a "Good Buy"

I was trying to compare it to another 24 hour building with similar output that is available to him at his level.

House - VS - Fish Store

House Level 6 Every 24 Hours = $8,712 Total Upgrade Cost $33,970

Fish Store LeveL 5 Every 24 Hours = $7,392 Total Upgrade Cost $238,838

ShawnBB
05-06-2012, 02:41 PM
I read every word ShawnBB(:

Could you possibly give your opinion on the OP as to which you feel are worth it when unlocked for me (an extreme camper)

Sure, but it kinda depends on your hood size.
Fish store 0.14, horrible.NO(but due to size and collect time advantage, you can't help yourself to put it down,lol)
Chicken 0.58, get it anyway. Smoke shop 0.64 even better.
Collection agency 0.24, place taking, robbery target, NO.
Seafood 0.33, worse version of chicken and waffle, not recommend,but ok to build if place allow.
Shoe store 0.3, not good.

Oh, thanks fuzzy, got it. So fish store is pretty crappy!