PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with a serial robber - BoBo lvl 101 RAT

Robin Hood
05-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Bobo - lvl 101 22K att 26k def. I am lvl 101 with 23K att and 25K def

This guy is robbing me every hour and has been for the last several days. I've lost over a mill to him so far and it's starting to get a touch annoying. In a moment of sheer frustration I hit his lvl 2 Movie Theaters about a day ago, which was obviously idiotic on my part. Normally I would go to war with a clown like this, but his economy is terrible and he doesn't really have anything worth my time ... and time free time is certainly something he seems to have more of than I do.

Any advice here? I hate to stoop so low but does wall spamming actually get my "revenge" tab off of his thread?

Also ... he's a 474 "Rat" so if any of the catchers want to have at him, be my guest.

Robin Hood
05-06-2012, 06:07 AM
Before the jokes start: I do see the irony of Robbin Hood having an issue with his hood getting robbed.

Feng1234
05-06-2012, 06:22 AM
What's a rat?

The Billionaire
05-06-2012, 06:27 AM
Any advice here? I hate to stoop so low but does wall spamming actually get my "revenge" tab off of his thread?

I dont think wall spamming works anymore. I read it somewhere on the forum yesterday.

Robin Hood
05-06-2012, 06:29 AM
I dont think wall spamming works anymore. I read it somewhere on the forum yesterday.

Thanks The B ... This is probably good for the game overall.

Vile Lynn
05-06-2012, 06:38 AM
Bobo - lvl 101 22K att 26k def. I am lvl 101 with 23K att and 25K def

This guy is robbing me every hour and has been for the last several days. I've lost over a mill to him so far and it's starting to get a touch annoying. In a moment of sheer frustration I hit his lvl 2 Movie Theaters about a day ago, which was obviously idiotic on my part. Normally I would go to war with a clown like this, but his economy is terrible and he doesn't really have anything worth my time. Plus this sodding little git clearly has infinitely more free time on his hands than I do.

Also ... he's a 474 "Rat" so if any of the catchers want to have at him, be my guest.

Sorta sounds like a case of... "Play or go home."
I mean, THAT is the game, I rob you, you rob me.

Spammers are waaaaaaay lower than "rats," so don't do it. You cannot get suspended for having a low mafia; you can for spamming.

I would just ignor him if he is really getting to you. Enjoy your game, don't let someone annoy you. :)

CounterSniper
05-06-2012, 06:44 AM
First things first...

Being a 499're (aka Rat) isnt bannable but spamming walls is plus its shameful and cowardly.

If he's robbing you then how do you know he's a Rat? Rats are players who do Thug Life while shielding themselves from Thug Life.

Calling someone a racist term in this forum isnt recommended. The word is used as such where i live. I think you should edit your op.

"Plus this sodding little *** clearly has infinitely more free time on his hands than I do."

****Ok now down to brass tacks****

Next time dont retaliate unless you are prepared for conflict

You can hunker down and let him level up

You can offer a truce (not probable)

See if he has explosives that you can burn to force a truce

You can spend lots of RM to overpower him.

I'm sure there are other opinions but I covered what I thought of off hand.

You'll hear more thoughts I expect and they probably wont be as gracious as I've tried to be.

Everyone makes mistakes from time to time. Its learning from them that counts most.

Mastermind
05-06-2012, 06:56 AM
+1
The only thing I would add to this is to just simply collect from your buildings on time. Asking for help from forum members is IMO low....man up and fight your own battles.

CounterSniper
05-06-2012, 08:36 AM
+1
The only thing I would add to this is to just simply collect from your buildings on time. Asking for help from forum members is IMO low....man up and fight your own battles.

+1

I knew i was forgetting something. I never have that problem cuz I'm synched and have OCD. lol

Paulio
05-06-2012, 10:48 AM
I tried to rob your buildings when we were both around lvl 98 and I couldn't. They were great looking buildings too. I congratulated you on a solid defense and invited you to hit me back or add me to your mafia. You responded with a slightly arrogant remark and alluded to the fact that you were a non-gold player, therefore, better. Your stats don't sound much better at lvl 101 than they did back then, although, they are still pretty strong for your lvl. Here's my suggestion, move up to lvl 104 and I can rob you. This way, at least you'll lose you're income to a forum member.

jaywalker
05-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Collect on time and and stop collecting your 5min/1h/3h buildings for a few days. You will be out of his newsfeed eventually.

Robin Hood
05-06-2012, 01:14 PM
First things first...

Being a 499're (aka Rat) isnt bannable but spamming walls is plus its shameful and cowardly.

If he's robbing you then how do you know he's a Rat? Rats are players who do Thug Life while shielding themselves from Thug Life.

Calling someone a racist term in this forum isnt recommended. The word is used as such where i live. I think you should edit your op.

"Plus this sodding little *** clearly has infinitely more free time on his hands than I do."

****Ok now down to brass tacks****

Next time dont retaliate unless you are prepared for conflict

You can hunker down and let him level up

You can offer a truce (not probable)

See if he has explosives that you can burn to force a truce

You can spend lots of RM to overpower him.

I'm sure there are other opinions but I covered what I thought of off hand.

You'll hear more thoughts I expect and they probably wont be as gracious as I've tried to be.

Everyone makes mistakes from time to time. Its learning from them that counts most.

+1 and thanks to CounterSniper and all the other (mostly) constructive responses. CS, you often play the voice of reason and I even footnoted you on my post edit. As a Yank I'm not even sure what the phrase means, but I have an Uncle near Blackburn that seems to enjoy using it in my times of distress and I was pretty miffed to have lost another $200K to this guy when I woke up this morning.

I understand that getting robbed is part of the game and I can take a few bumps and bruises here and there. This just feels excessive and unsporting. It would be nice if he had something worth robbing or his mafia was 500, then at least retaliation would be worthwhile.

I know I should collect on time, every time ... but I prefer this game to be a brief, intermittent escape from reality rather than the other way around.

Swifty
05-06-2012, 01:32 PM
@Robin Hood

You should start thinking about an end-game strategy. You have quite a few levels to go, so you have time to consider your options. What might happen when you start swimming with the big sharks could be stressful.

Burn
05-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Don't spam walls, that is very bad form, and defo worse than Rats.

(We secretly love Rats, for giving us something to do, and for wearimg their 'colours' so visibly).

CounterSniper
05-06-2012, 05:11 PM
+1 and thanks to CounterSniper and all the other (mostly) constructive responses. CS, you often play the voice of reason and I even footnoted you on my post edit. As a Yank I'm not even sure what the phrase means, but I have an Uncle near Blackburn that seems to enjoy using it in my times of distress and I was pretty miffed to have lost another $200K to this guy when I woke up this morning.

I understand that getting robbed is part of the game and I can take a few bumps and bruises here and there. This just feels excessive and unsporting. It would be nice if he had something worth robbing or his mafia was 500, then at least retaliation would be worthwhile.

I know I should collect on time, every time ... but I prefer this game to be a brief, intermittent escape from reality rather than the other way around.

You might want to consider only having 12. 24 & 48 hour buildings that are synched to mitigate the robberies while your away.