PDA

View Full Version : For you, nolifers that live of a timer...

i need muney
05-06-2012, 03:42 AM
Finally found a fine timer app called Timer++
Most other apps I tried were cooking or fitness timers that didn't cut it.

Timer++ gives you:
Countdown timers in DAYS
Multiple timers
Timer icons and color
Reset timer (great for events)
Custom labels
Disable sleep

And it's free! For a buck you can get more sounds and the ability to set photos as timer icons. Support the developer!

Here's a shot from my iPhone:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb297/CutControl/566b2874.jpg

Jazz
05-06-2012, 03:46 AM
Will try it!

Edit: Excellent app! Works perfectly! I love it so much. Great find muney!

Luciferianism
05-06-2012, 04:36 AM
Thank you!

one man gang
05-06-2012, 04:54 AM
Very nice, will download when i hit the peak of my addiction (fast approaching it seems)

Luke 3457
05-06-2012, 04:56 AM
Wow good find muney!!

Dipstik
05-06-2012, 05:35 AM
Wow... First thought: people really do this? Second thought: does it beep or something? Because that would be useful...

Max Power
05-06-2012, 05:44 AM
Wow.....cool!

i need muney
05-06-2012, 06:37 AM
No sweat, guys. Don't forget that it will only repeat the alarm sound when in foreground and not locked. Otherwise it will just send a notification which will beep one.
Best way to use it is plugged with sleep prevention enabled.

upsman_17
05-06-2012, 06:38 AM
Yes. Awesome find. I have been very frustrated lately. After many upgrades a lot of my bldgs are off sync. This will help much.

Jazz
05-06-2012, 06:41 AM
No sweat, guys. Don't forget that it will only repeat the alarm sound when in foreground and not in sleep. Otherwise it will just send a notification.

Define foreground and sleep. Is foreground where you double click the home button and it shows the apps running in the background? What is sleep? My 1h timer just went off when my iPod was in standby (screen off, apps running).

Matthew91188
05-06-2012, 07:13 AM
I've never had a problem using built in phone alarms?

Jazz
05-06-2012, 07:14 AM
Timer > Alarm.

BTW I just figured out what a nolifer was... It's a no lifer! I thought it was some insult... :/

TenderPlacebo
05-06-2012, 07:17 AM
I actually like timer+ better, seems a little more user friendly. I downloaded timer++ first then found timer+, guess its all personal preference.

sez
05-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Yes. Awesome find. I have been very frustrated lately. After many upgrades a lot of my bldgs are off sync. This will help much.

Just let them get robbed 1 time and then synch them back up, just my opinion.

TRAZ
05-06-2012, 07:24 AM
I'll have a look when I can today and see how it goes

Boom
05-06-2012, 04:11 PM
What is foreground and sleep mode??

i need muney
05-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Is foreground where you double click the home button and it shows the apps running in the background?
:D nope, it's when it is running in the foreground lol It's when the app is in focus. You unlock your device, you see Crime City = Crime City is running in the foreground.
Sleep = Locked

I've never had a problem using built in phone alarms?
Okay. And you said it becaaaaause.....?

I actually like timer+ better, seems a little more user friendly. I downloaded timer++ first then found timer+, guess its all personal preference.
Timer+ is maxed at 24 hours. Dontcha move, brother!

djsaintdog
05-06-2012, 09:02 PM

Timer++ gives you:
Countdown timers in DAYS
Multiple timers
Timer icons and color
Custom labels
Disable sleep

And it's free! For a buck you can get more sounds and the ability to set photos as timer icons. Support the developer!

That looks sweet. I use my calender and set alarms 2 minutes before each event. Works dandy.

i need muney
05-07-2012, 01:33 AM
This app was made for Crime City!

Titanium
05-07-2012, 03:39 AM
Cool app...

Chiefer
05-07-2012, 05:28 AM

Timer++ gives you:
Countdown timers in DAYS
Multiple timers
Timer icons and color
Custom labels
Disable sleep

I would not consider this useful information. Be it as I exist as an idiot playing Crime City. Obviously I'm going to think of a multi-timer. I'm laughing at your attempt to be a forum contributer. Tell me how to turn my phone on will ya? Stop stealing Meme's too. Lmao. So sad.

i need muney
05-07-2012, 06:06 AM
What's with the attitude, drunk again? Ignored.

tempt
05-07-2012, 08:05 AM
seems a tad hardcore. But I guess at certain level, you'll need to be ;)

nopenopenope
05-07-2012, 08:42 AM
FYI highest Timer++ goes is 100h40m39s

koralene
05-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks... i'm going to download this now. I've been forgetting to collect for weeks now. :)

i need muney
05-07-2012, 03:28 PM
FYI highest Timer++ goes is 100h40m39s
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb297/CutControl/c933f037.jpg

nopenopenope
05-07-2012, 03:30 PM
That's false. I've personally winded it until it hit 1000h.

must just be when you try to type it in by tapping the lcd display. im not going to wind it a million times, i dont even use the dials as it is. still tho nice app!

i need muney
05-07-2012, 03:49 PM
must just be when you try to type it in by tapping the lcd display. im not going to wind it a million times, i dont even use the dials as it is. still tho nice app!
Dials feel real nice. Try them :D

Boom
05-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Yes Chiefer ur every well loved around here and we consider u the biggest forum contributor. !!!! Buddy!! BTW it's contributOr. There's no such word as contributer

i need muney
05-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Nonono, you didnt have to stir it up.

Oh and I completely forgot to help you, Chiefer:

To turn off your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad the first thing you’ll want to do is find the rectangular button on the top of your device. This is called the Sleep/Wake button. Press down on the button and hold it for a few seconds. If you let it go the only thing you’ve done is made your screen go dark. This is fine if you’re in a movie theater or another place where you need to quickly darken your screen but you haven’t turned off your device. You need to hold down that button until you get a screen with a red arrow at the top and a bar that says “slide to power off”. At the bottom of the screen will be a cancel button. Place your finger on the red arrow and slide your finger to the right. This will shut down your iPhone. As it’s shutting down you’ll see a spinning circle in the middle of your screen. Simple as that!

Now that you’ve turned off your device how do you turn it back on? The answer is to do the exact same thing. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears in the middle of your screen. When you see this you’ll know that the phone is up and running again. Don’t panic if the apple stays there for a moment or two, this is normal. Eventually you’re going to get the “slide to unlock” screen. Go ahead and slide that bar and you’re good to go!