PDA

View Full Version : Possible bug? Spending energy on level-up

superdad
05-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Does anyone else notice that if you have 25 energy, and attack something for 25 energy and level up on that kill, that your new level up firstly resets your energy, and THEN deducts energy from the fight you just leveled up on? In effect, you spend 25 energy twice on the same fight, 25 from what you had before the level up, and then you level up, and it takes 25 energy off AFTER it refills your bar.

This cannot be intended, and it's quite annoying.

DougVan
05-06-2012, 01:30 AM
I believe it's a byproduct of the game mechanics, if you watch when you attack you receive your xp first and then your energy is taken away... Xp in, you level up and then energy is removed. It sucks, but does make sense, I prefer the CC method.

Futon
05-07-2012, 02:52 PM
My suggestion is just don't kill anything when you know you're going to level. I noticed it awhile back and i just won't let myself level on a killing blow.

Futon
05-08-2012, 09:02 AM
I forgot to mention, in the same way that it wastes energy you can save energy when attacking monsters. If you need 27 energy to attack a monster and you have 35, you will use 27 + lose whatever the monster hits you for. If you attack with just 27 energy, it can't take the energy it hits you for and you end up saving some. Not a big deal but its helpful.

superdad
05-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Indeed, I've been doing both those things you mention. It just seems very silly to have coded the game this way.

In the end, it doesn't really matter, because energy is entirely meaningless. Not spending it makes you stronger, so losing it makes you stronger... because you end up spending more time in that level, thus your income buildings give a bit more "free" gold. It took me a while to realise how meaningless energy actually is in terms of building hero/army power.

Infact, the best monster in the world would probably be 200 energy, 1 experience, 1 loot, 20 gold. Most people would laugh at that, but it actually would be borderline overpowered.