PDA

View Full Version : Screw land mines

procsyzarc
05-05-2012, 12:15 PM
I know most know this already but in case you are wondering how bad defensive explosives are.....

I spent over 100m and stocked up yesterday, it looked nice and put my def to 60k which is pretty good since only about 800 of that is gold items, so is almost non gold stats.

13 hours later over 200 are used at over 30m, haven't noticed any reduction in attacks either.

Not really complaining since I knew it was going to be bad, but more a warning for anyone who is thinking of defensive explosives. Also if you are make sure you have perfect collection, which for me would mean selling nightclubs etc. I lost 3m in explosives in one go to someone robbing 120k from my 8 hour buildings

Joeycool
05-05-2012, 12:25 PM
I feel for you mate!

Defence explosives are not worth getting unless the loss can be easily absorbed by your economy.

Eg. You can replace every one that you loose easily with your income.

Land mines are are only for those with HUGE incomes.

dudeman
05-05-2012, 12:27 PM
I recently decided to stop replenishing my Stun Grenades and Smoke Bombs. Maybe I only imagined them actually being helpful at some point, but they clearly do nothing but eat my cash now.

vitus79
05-05-2012, 12:27 PM
scorp is around 1,5m per hour that is kinda huge, but 200 of them in less than 24 hours!! ouch

Burn
05-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Can't imagine the time I would ever buy them, too much of a target for the vindictive and spiteful.

I know this first hand from camping cheaters hoods to systematically destroy their ill-gotten land mines :cool:

It was rewarding knowing I was costing them 150K a time - so I can easily see why if you were in a scrap with someone, they could take similar satisfaction from blowing your expensive explosives all to f***.

AppleMacGuy
05-05-2012, 02:01 PM
I know most know this already but in case you are wondering how bad defensive explosives are.....

I spent over 100m and stocked up yesterday, it looked nice and put my def to 60k which is pretty good since only about 800 of that is gold items, so is almost non gold stats.

13 hours later over 200 are used at over 30m, haven't noticed any reduction in attacks either.

Not really complaining since I knew it was going to be bad, but more a warning for anyone who is thinking of defensive explosives. Also if you are make sure you have perfect collection, which for me would mean selling nightclubs etc. I lost 3m in explosives in one go to someone robbing 120k from my 8 hour buildings

I know what you mean...I've probably been responsible for destroying a few of those:p ...and I've been on the receiving end also from others. The irony is that I've since realised that Land Mines are only worth buying once you've reached near invincible status - currently I regard that as 90K+/90K+ stats, at which point anyone attacking you wil also lose expensive attack explosives so they will refrain from attacking you. Kinda pointless having defence explosives really then, huh?!

As an aside, I had one guy who regularly robbed my NCs when I couldn't be bothered to collect 4/4. I would end up losing a ton of Land Mines, but I took it on the chin without complaint, as it's the game, and I try not to be a sore loser.

Buuuttttt all bets were off the day he gloated on my wall that he'd nailed 7.2 million worth of my Land Mines...well, I could see that..that was when he made it personal and the his biggest mistake. It ain't a good idea to rub salt into a wound...do your thing and move on is the way I play. Anyway, soon enough my stats increased to the point he has no chance whatsoever to rob me and ever since I am in his newsfeed constantly...and I mean constantly...I think there are a lot of peeps he has cheesed off...he goes by the name of Long Dragon, L200...I think Blueshoot posted on his feed that he is the most hated player in CC lol...check the guy's newsfeed for some entertainment :cool: Actually, he is also real stooopid to keep trying to rob me when I leave some candy out as he conveniently leaves me a fresh link every so often lmao! ;)

Babytway
05-05-2012, 03:01 PM
AMG, you just mention two of my favorite ppl to rob in your post. but at the moment both of them are hiding from me. trying to stay away and not attack or rob me, i really really wish they come back

AppleMacGuy
05-05-2012, 03:46 PM
AMG, you just mention two of my favorite ppl to rob in your post. but at the moment both of them are hiding from me. trying to stay away and not attack or rob me, i really really wish they come back

Hah hah...well I made Long Dragon my very own whipping boy...he is beat up all day long...on the rare occasion it ain't me there is a long queue of others lol :cool:

erik
05-05-2012, 05:19 PM
I dropped in to both of your hoods from time to time just to enjoy that exchange hehe.

Poppins
05-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Poppins assumes full responsibility for all land mine consumption. If anyone out there thinks they can get away with only having 12+ hour buildings guarded by an arsenal of land mines, then I'm not doing my job. If they want to make this game less fun for everyone else, then Poppins is more than happy to return the favor

sez
05-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Poppins assumes full responsibility for all land mine consumption. If anyone out there thinks they can get away with only having 12+ hour buildings guarded by an arsenal of land mines, then I'm not doing my job. If they want to make this game less fun for everyone else, then Poppins is more than happy to return the favor

Blah blah blah, My Landmine has survived 4 rds with Poppins and is still chillen in my inventory. Come at the Champ P!! J/p ;-)

Poppins
05-05-2012, 07:14 PM
That's 3 rounds survived. Round 4 will begin momentarily

Alice
05-05-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm buying no more defensive explosives since now, unless I'm close to my 30k def mission. Why not buy jetfighter instead if you guys really have millions to spend on landmines :p

Poppins
05-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Ok 4 rounds, I'll be back for round 5, I'm feeling confident.

Alice, the three extra 0's in the price tag are not there for decoration. That's usually the difference between having millions to spend vs having billions to spend

Alice
05-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Ok 4 rounds, I'll be back for round 5, I'm feeling confident.

I was actually curious about how it survived. I've attacked two rivals with landmines, for one of them I triggered landmines on every attack and for the other I could not, both with continues successful attack...

sez
05-05-2012, 07:58 PM
I was actually curious about how it survived. I've attacked two rivals with landmines, for one of them I triggered landmines on every attack and for the other I could not, both with continues successful attack...

Cuz im the champ!

Poppins
05-05-2012, 08:01 PM
I demand that you have that land mine tested for steroids!

sez
05-05-2012, 08:08 PM
I demand that you have that land mine tested for steroids!

Michigan > Ohio.....

Brosiss
05-05-2012, 08:21 PM
I got to get rid of my 3 hr buildings for def landmines.
They r only good for feel good stats, otherwise wise of money. Saving them for something else

erik
05-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Loved your post on my wall poppins, lol!

Plux
05-06-2012, 02:54 AM
I wasted $1/2bn on Landmines in total, yes half a billion dollars on landmines, never again, I've put up a good income to explosive value ratio and will stick with letting my Landmines run down. The only good explosive is a Gold Permanent Explosive!!

Swifty
05-06-2012, 03:00 AM
I am going to have to think about defense explosives long and hard.

If The Neutron Star says there is a problem, then there is one.