PDA

View Full Version : PvP rewards

Alroth
05-05-2012, 10:28 AM
One of my biggest concerns in this game is how winning in PVP is rewarded. Basically there is no economic sense in fighting other players. I rarely can find anyone with not vaulted gold. And to know that I need to hit to see if his considerable amount of gold is stashed or not. And even if I find someone giving me gold I could win maybe 200-300 coins per hit. This is miserable considering the fact that I often lose an invoker, gladiator or battering ram in almost every hit, including these test hits where I win 0 zero gold.
The rewards in units are also very weak. Not mentioning one single bonus unit every fifth tournament level.

So in short winning in pvp is for fun only (I still do it a lot ;) In my opinion it is game balance issue. Current status encourages pve only and camping. What are other ppls opinions?

Futon
05-05-2012, 10:40 AM
I just started to realize this. I'm new to the game style so i just constantly spent my stamina every time it was up and my energy as well. So i ended up pvping a lot with out any clue as to what i was doing. My record is 554-339 because of this. In my opinion it makes no sense that you lose units when you successfully attack.

The normal scenario is I find someone to attack. I attack them taking 40 gold on average, in turn though i lose 1 or 2 of my units which could end up being anywhere from 20-900 gold. So what's the point? Seems counterproductive.

In my opinion the best way to fix this would be to prioritize things better. You can't sell your weaker units or weaker equipment. So how about when you fight it prioritizes you to lose your weaker units first and break weaker equipment. So if you are newer and you have a variety of units you aren't losing that 450gold catapult you just bought. It doesn't make sense that my 1/1 foot soldier lived through the battle but my 14/5 catapult dies.

I think this solution would help you bulk up your army easier and also give players a reason to use the pvp feature. Right now it seems like a lot of people just avoid it.

Alroth
05-05-2012, 10:48 AM
From my observation the amount of gold won from the fight is about 10% of the unstashed gold of the rival. Same for losing. You lose 10% of your unstashed gold.

Vile Lynn
05-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Cha, started doing a little more PvP this morning & on the 1st attack, I lost a Water Elemental (9/10:cost90H) to a player with a third of my stats... I expect to lose some, sometimes, but that was harsh, heh! Lost a few others but not ones that are so hard to replace. Oh well... *shrug* ...know what you mean, but it doesn't seem that uneven since I got a few so-so-good units, too. I wouldn't mind getting more HPs, of course.

Vile Lynn
05-05-2012, 10:50 AM
From my observation the amount of gold won from the fight is about 10% of the unstashed gold of the rival. Same for losing. You lose 10% of your unstashed gold.

This is true... It is 10%, so vault your coins.

Futon
05-05-2012, 10:59 AM
I'm not sure why but sometimes i'll come across a player that hasn't vaulted or spent coins and they'll have 7-10k. This has happened 3 times and I just farm them until i can't anymore. Good gold there. Other than that i don't think it's worthwhile though.

corpsegrinder
05-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Agreed. Glad I saw this thread.
I was also starting to think that Pvp is pointless.
You accumulate honor points to buy units, only to lose those and other units during Pvp.
And I have no idea why there is no army equipment available for purchase with honor points.
Maybe I'm just used to Crime City, but I just don't get it

Hoodcrazy
05-06-2012, 09:05 AM
PvP is tough sledding in the beginning. Once you get stronger will start to see folks with more buildings to rob for profit. I almost never fight unless its for Tournament Rounds and i fully expect to lose units doing so. Robbing much weaker rivals hardy lost any units.

el_gringo
05-06-2012, 11:31 AM
In these games theres usually good periods of time to pvp and bad times.

It seems that early on there is very rich pickings in pvp, this dies down a bit by the mid to late teens (levelwise) as the reward units aren't any better than purchased units. It'll then pick up again for a brief time once people start to get access to bigger money buildings that they can't afford to defend in the thirties and forties, and then quieten down again until the period when for most people the vault is no option as they've maxed it out and remaining land and buildings cost beyond the vault.

Also, of course, once events come into the game there will be the added bonus of raiding boxs.

Just hold tight, learn when to pvp, when to pve and when to camp, which is half the strategy in itself.

The_Red
05-06-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't know about the comments on pvp not being worth it, I just found some guy with 100k in unprotected gold that I just took 40k from or so. Seemed pretty worth it to me . ;)

Ghost818
05-06-2012, 01:37 PM
I don't know about the comments on pvp not being worth it, I just found some guy with 100k in unprotected gold that I just took 40k from or so. Seemed pretty worth it to me. ;)

Jeez, shed some light on these fellers what level are you at. Been at level 50 for a while and haven't come across anyone with massive cash like that.

The_Red
05-06-2012, 02:45 PM
L36. Alliance 40. 2575/3895. 2085/hr.
Had 110k gold. I took him down to 40k. I couldn't attack anymore. Sicne then someone else took him down to 15k.

Appears to be a GEM player but had no GEM units or buildings. *shrug* Pretty low level
to have that much $$. I'm L36 - I had to bulk up my alliances to 145 to beat him then pruned it back down
to 60.

He's still on my horn from attacking me yesterday. I'll probably look at him a few more times
over the next few days to see if it happens again.

Ghost818
05-06-2012, 03:39 PM
L36. Alliance 40. 2575/3895. 2085/hr.
Had 110k gold. I took him down to 40k. I couldn't attack anymore. Sicne then someone else took him down to 15k.

Appears to be a GEM player but had no GEM units or buildings. *shrug* Pretty low level
to have that much $$. I'm L36 - I had to bulk up my alliances to 145 to beat him then pruned it back down
to 60.

He's still on my horn from attacking me yesterday. I'll probably look at him a few more times
over the next few days to see if it happens again.

Haha happy farming bro

The_Red
05-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Haha happy farming bro

He's back up to 30k unprotected. Amazing really. Shouldn't be this easy.

Ourpalace
05-06-2012, 06:00 PM
I took nearly 100K from a guy in CC this afternoon. The good thing for CC is that there was no lose for attacking.

The_Red
05-07-2012, 06:07 AM
He's back up to 30k unprotected. Amazing really. Shouldn't be this easy.

Got pissy and posted 30 times on my wall in hopes that it would push his prior attack off the recent notifications. Also tried to add me as an alliance. Heh. Game's funny sometimes.

Njwmrb
05-07-2012, 06:13 AM
Yeah that was me, My 40 allies could not handle your 174. good thing is your units are trash so I just need to add a few allies and you wont be able to touch me like everyone else. and I added you because you asked me too, also in hopes of protecting my money

The_Red
05-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Helped to have 100+ alliance requests pending. 100k gold is a lot to have unprotected!

FWIW: posting that many times on the wall didn't clear off the Kingdom News. :)

Njwmrb
05-07-2012, 06:23 AM
also not a gem player just know how to play ;) I'll just be spending all my excess money on units for the next week or two so don't expect any more money from me

The_Red
05-07-2012, 06:30 AM
also not a gem player just know how to play ;) I'll just be spending all my excess money on units for the next week or two so don't expect any more money from me

Heh. You should increase your alliance size - you've already got way more units than you have slots to keep them in your army. 150+ (8/1) battle rams + 100 Priest (6/17) + 130 Illusionist (2/9). With 40 alliance you aren't even coming close to using all those units.

Anyhoo - thanks for accruing the 100k gold for me (and whoever took the other 1/2).

Funny you're on here - puts it all together with the other post about having 66k gold on the farming players thread.

Peace.

Njwmrb
05-07-2012, 06:40 AM
You were the only one that has taken any considerable amount of gold from me, I spent the rest on reserve units. Honestly you are the only person to win a fight against me in the past couple of weeks. I keep my ally count low to cut casualties. You were the only person that has pulled that ally trick against me (I've pulled it on a couple of horders also, none with as much money as I had usually 20-30k). It was bound to happen eventually I was saving up for whatever the 250k building is and was planning on having the money for it by the time I hit 41.

Maybe if I'm feeling nice one day I'll write a PVP guide. But if you know what you are doing it can be very profitable as Mr. Red has witnessed.

The_Red
05-07-2012, 06:49 AM
Maybe if I'm feeling nice one day I'll write a PVP guide. But if you know what you are doing it can be very profitable as Mr. Red has witnessed.

Ya - sorry dude. I won't attack anymore. :)

Edit: Unless you continue to accrue unguarded gold. ;)

URDead
05-07-2012, 06:50 AM
My idea of PvP is this: I hit people early to get gold when my allies were low to earn some cash. Now, I am at a point where I am racing to get the level 7 wizard spire so I can really really have the strongest defenses possible. Level 7 gives you a 11/32 "something". Once I get here I can increase my allies and start pwning people just for fun. Next will come the economy and the level 5 gnomish lab for the attack units 40/19.

So, pvp, good in the beginning, not so good when you are trying to increase your overall power.

Njwmrb
05-07-2012, 06:52 AM
*Pretend I quoted The Red here*

It's just the cycle of money in the game, all of that money was stolen from other players by me and it just changed hands again. Not a big deal. It does suck to open the app and see that you're down 40k though.

Njwmrb
05-07-2012, 06:57 AM
*Pretend I quoted URdead here*

I've done PVP throughout the game, its funded constant building upgrades, vault upgrades, land expansion, building construction, and unit purchases. My techniques have changed as I've leveled but PVP is the way to go.

URDead
05-07-2012, 08:08 AM
hahahaha *pretend I quoted Njwmrb here*

I agree it can be effective, and is just one more tool in the KA toobox of greatness. I just hate losing units that cost 1350 a pop ya know? As long as you can hit that person that you can score thousands from, it is effective.

Njwmrb
05-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Yeah I bought a few catapaults in the past but I've decided its not worth it to buy anything but battling rams, at least at this point. I'm only level 35 though

Njwmrb
05-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Ya - sorry dude. I won't attack anymore. :)

Edit: Unless you continue to accrue unguarded gold. ;)

Nice Edit -.-

You are a pest sir.

Joe Brown1
05-07-2012, 10:42 AM
To quote from one of my favorite Frank Sinatra albums (Who quoted Joe E. Lewis):

"A friend in need is a pest"

The_Red
05-07-2012, 11:02 AM
You are a pest sir.

Indeed. ;)

Njwmrb
05-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Red, am I on your news feed for a raid? Or did I actually lose a battle to you

The_Red
05-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Red, am I on your news feed for a raid? Or did I actually lose a battle to you

newsfeed; you attacked a couple days back (3 days ago) - you killed poison spider. Assuming you raided. FWIW: you're still mid way down the feed. I haven't been attacked all day yet.

Njwmrb
05-07-2012, 03:44 PM
newsfeed; you attacked a couple days back (3 days ago) - you killed poison spider. Assuming you raided. FWIW: you're still mid way down the feed. I haven't been attacked all day yet.

Well thats dissapointing, that means that this news feed glitch of reporting every time your raided as a win is what cost me. If it said you were raided and lost (blank) amount then you wouldn't have been able to invade my base.

The_Red
05-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Well thats dissapointing, that means that this news feed glitch of reporting every time your raided as a win is what cost me. If it said you were raided and lost (blank) amount then you wouldn't have been able to invade my base.

"You Lost! You were attacked by Njwmrb During the raid you lost: 1 Poison Spider."

I don't think its a "bug" although you did kill one. Ah hem.

Njwmrb
05-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Oh well sometimes when I get raided it says I won but then my building will be missing money