PDA

View Full Version : Crate Ideas

deuces
05-05-2012, 01:10 AM
I was looking over the crates for the third or fourth time, trying to decide if i wanted to spend my gold on them or save it to semi guarantee i get this event item. I've decided to wait for now, and maybe buy these crates with leftover gold if i get the final event item early...or maybe just skip them!

I havent seen much talk at all about these crates, and what I have seen has been excitement from getting rares but thats normal. Other than that its mostly people saying MEH not great, didnt get many or passed. I dont know how the big spenders feel about them because most of them dont post their purchases. I think the crates are awesome obviously, but there needs to be more variety especially in the commons. For HL players, most of these common items are barely improving our stats.

I'd really like to see some lopsided common items in crates. Everything we've had so far is so bland statwise. How about something like a 40/4 m80 Explosive, a 1/40 Golden Shield, a 34/12 Electric Chainsaw. Could even get craaazy and make the rarest rare a 329/0 Jericho Missile!

Just some ideas, anything you guys would like to see in upcoming crates?

Chukuli
05-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Jericho Missile!! , I want Avengers - Hulk, Thor, Ironman, Hawkeye, Cap America etc

Dravak
05-05-2012, 01:23 AM
The red dawn crate was simply awesome , lets say 2 uncommon were like rares , grenade and the wolverine tunic (in offense) ..

2 of the three rares were vechicles .
And then the ultra rare hardened shotgun (lol have 6 Hinds but only 3 shotguns)

So compared to last batch , the rare just don't cut it , I bought crates with my left over vault .
Didn't get the chainsaw , but got 2 rares , 7 uncommons ( 2 of each type 3 of the gun) and 9 commons
So I shouldn't complain at all . but didn't made me jump with joy either . neither did getting the 10th item .

Maybe it is cause we are all fatigued , lack of sleep and messed up bioritme does that to people .

Dravak
05-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Oh for next crates idea , get robocop , I want my ED 209 as vechicle ;)

mnju_03
05-05-2012, 01:44 AM
Oh for next crates idea , get robocop , I want my ED 209 as vechicle ;)

But it wouldn't be balanced!

Burn
05-05-2012, 01:44 AM
Bomb Crates - where every item is a non-consumable explosive of varying stat strength.

I'd expect that to be very popular.

In fact having different Crate events specifically focused around Attack, Defense, Melee, Vehicles etc, would allow people to make better use of the items to strengthen where they need it most.

If I want a new shirt, I go buy a new shirt, I don't walk into a clothes store, pay £50 to take part in a lucky dip, and possibly walk away with a pair of trousers I didn't really want. I buy the damn shirt!

Point being, allowing customers to buy what they want can't ever be a bad thing, it's the basic premise of retail.

And I know we can 'choose' by going to the Special section of the Store, but compared to Crate items, store items are pretty poor value.

CounterSniper
05-05-2012, 01:50 AM
Bomb Crates - where every item is a non-consumable explosive of varying stat strength.

In fact having different Crate events specifically focused around Attack, Defense, Melee, Vehicles etc, would allow people to make better use of the items to strengthen where they need it most.

Allowing customers to buy what they want can't ever be a bad thing.

+1 Burn. ....

jaywalker
05-05-2012, 02:25 AM

If I want a new shirt, I go buy a new shirt, I don't walk into a clothes store, pay £50 to take part in a lucky dip, and possibly walk away with a pair of trousers I didn't really want. I buy the damn shirt!

Point being, allowing customers to buy what they want can't ever be a bad thing, it's the basic premise of retail.

And I know we can 'choose' by going to the Special section of the Store, but compared to Crate items, store items are pretty poor value.

Funzio already has a "clothing store" where you can buy the weapon of choice. It is located in the "special" department, right next to the money buildings...

In my opinion, the crates should be concidered more like a smuggling operation. The seller knows he has all the items you want, but he forgot to mark the boxes. The whole idea about crates is that they put 3 carrots in front of you, where one of the is even bigger in your eyes. That way you end up spending the same amount of gold as if you bought it in the "special" shop. The upside to crates is that you get some extras if you are willing to spend your gold on luck.

Burn
05-05-2012, 03:01 AM
You didn't read my post to the very bottom did you :D

jaywalker
05-05-2012, 04:06 AM
The point I was trying to make is that you already have that option. And if you buy crates you get bonus item AND the "poor value" item :)

/edit I would agree with you if all those explosieves in crates was consumable though.
/e2 or if they were really crappy.

deuces
05-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Ya i agree with jaywalker on this point. I think crates should be a random mix of every type of weapon, some that help you and some that dont as much. The reason the crates are as cheap as they are and the best value for gold, is because they're random. If they were pick and choose they'd essentially be super cheap limited items, and there would be zero reason for LE items.

Making the crates pick and choose would make them waaay too powerful IMO. Changing the stats up more from set to set doesnt, but makes things more exciting!

edit: obviously i'd like to be able to just buy vehicle crates, but that just seems overly imbalanced to me.

bigflan
05-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Crates are good investment for everyone yes I like lopsided items such as as the common high altitude scout which is my fav common as I have one with the stats 10 attack 40 defense second is my explorer sub which has 13 attack 38 defense
Though my most hated one is the dreaded fast attack buggy with 28 attack 24 defense through these are MW units it depends on the crate I buy the crates that look cool and have good stats or if they have that 20% chance of rare I recently got one of those World war 2 crates which has cool items but commons suck I got the rare mustang fighter with the stats 126 attack and 119 defense pretty balanced unit but due to being russia I get a 10% boost which makes it 139 attack and 131 defense but I much prefer the midnight fighter that I got with the stats 148 attack 96 defense which in my opinion are better stats