PDA

View Full Version : Three Days of Rat Catching

koralene
05-04-2012, 10:14 PM
I just got back from Cabo and very happy and thought what better way to spend some free time in the next three days than to catch some rats. :)

Who's in with me??? I'll be attacking and robbing rats from today until Tuesday.

I'm ready to kick some ass... :P

Jill
05-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Looks like a beautiful holiday spot, I'm sure you had a ball.
I'll set aside my TL and help you catch some rats lol

What message will we leave behind?

koralene
05-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Looks like a beautiful holiday spot, I'm sure you had a ball.
I'll set aside my TL and help you catch some rats lol

What message will we leave behind?

Cabo was amazing... i had so much fun... came back really bronze lol.

Thanks for joining in... hopefully others will as well. I've already started :P and made 500k so far.

I'm just leaving the standard message... you've been taxed and man up. lol.

Burn
05-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Glad you enjoyed your break K.

Of course I'm in this :D

All day, any day, every day, it's always Wac-a-Rat day.

mnju_03
05-05-2012, 01:42 AM
Atttttaaaaack!

Shoes
05-05-2012, 02:28 AM
Always looking and always hitting them rats.... no message just a little picture of a rat

Burn
05-05-2012, 02:57 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32215866/target_rats.jpg

koralene
05-05-2012, 02:58 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32215866/target_rats.jpg

hahah... sweet!!! i'm kickin some rat ass all day!!!

vitus79
05-05-2012, 03:12 AM
since i got my thug blaster i only go for rats. even skip known cash cows and rather rob a china restaurant for rat respects :) so count me in

kimberleyj
05-05-2012, 04:33 AM
i will join you as soon as i finsh thug life 300

Jazz
05-05-2012, 04:36 AM
I wish we had a "war" down here in the LL's. :/

jkl
05-05-2012, 05:26 AM
I just finished TL 300 yesterday, so I'm in permanent rat catcher mode now! Let the beatings commence!!! Word of caution though, some of the rats cry to Funzio about us spamming their walls. I got a freeze and warning during the last tour of duty. So I'm just posting one message per rat, not one per hit as before, but still visiting same rats multiple times a day. See you on their walls, friends!

G Wiz
05-05-2012, 05:58 AM
I need to be in this bracket like yesterday!

Where are the F-Zero speed boosts when you need em :P

Joeycool
05-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Welcome back K.

I only attack 499ers. But be careful about leaving messages. One rat catcher got a ban for spamming.

ICEMAN0023
05-05-2012, 06:56 AM
It was very interesting to see a lot of Forum Members are actually using the "499" strategy.

I've actually had a number of Forum Members hit me for TL saying" nothing personal just TL goals"

So I figured I would return favor only to find they have 499 members.

Very Hypocritical these forum members are.

Joeycool
05-05-2012, 07:00 AM
It was very interesting to see a lot of Forum Members are actually using the "499" strategy.

I've actually had a number of Forum Members hit me for TL saying" nothing personal just TL goals"

Welcome to the rat catchers point of view Iceman. :)

Babytway
05-05-2012, 08:03 AM
im in for a weekend of rat robbing and beatings. im way behind on TL so its not a problem to put that on hold because its always been on hold lololol

Chiefer
05-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Attention mongers. Obviously someone pissed you off, which means they were successful. Now you got your tail behind your legs, you shall call them rats. And, rat them out on the forum? Gerbil!

Ziva
05-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Glad you enjoyed your break K.

Of course I'm in this :D

All day, any day, every day, it's always Wac-a-Rat day.

Burn wrote my thoughts on this exactly as I would have if I had read this post sooner. :)

erik
05-05-2012, 11:39 AM
I finally hit one yesterday.

A 500 that is.

Back to the 499s!

Fig Oni
05-05-2012, 12:05 PM
To whom it may concern.

I have 200+ mafia in your eyes I am categorized as a rat, but in my defense I think the title should be iapplicable to me as I don't search out 500 mafia guys and with me having 200 mafias does not prevent me attacking my rival as I have far superior attack compared to over 80% of my rival who are on 500 mafias.
I don't do thug life goals, but do get completed when I'm on revenge mode because a 500 attack me or my building.

As of now I'm on thug life 52 and have had no problem finding rivals at 500 mafia but as a hidden rule I don't hunt 500 rivals, unless I had 500 mafias myself which I don't.
Also thug life started at 50 and since then till today I have only completed 2 thug lifes whereas most people have completed up to TL 300 or very near completing.(can post pic of my thug life goal if you need proof)

So can I still join the gang!!

Burn
05-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Rats are players that take part in Thug Life, but specifically drop their Mob size for no reason other than to avoid being hit by others doing Thug Life.

It's shallow stat-protecting vanity for the most part, or plain old greed because they have fat economies and poor Att/Def, so wish to pick their Thug Life fights in a sneaky selfish way.

I think anyone who is in the 200's or 300's is playing the game in a whole different bracket, so are not Rats in my eyes.

Are there Thug Life restrictions for playing with a 200 Mob size?

Dipstik
05-05-2012, 12:14 PM

Only if they're publicly speaking out against it... I think everyone should go 499 until someone in development realizes that they've dis incentivized an entire portion of their game. By making this silly "rat catching" gimmick, you're only encouraging the developers to leave it alone and let you play your little game. As long as there is a LARGE incentive to attack 500s, I'll stay at 499. I acknowledge that it's dumb that the game is written that way, but I'm also not stupid.

Joeycool
05-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Only if they're publicly speaking out against it... I think everyone should go 499 until someone in development realizes that they've dis incentivized an entire portion of their game. By making this silly "rat catching" gimmick, you're only encouraging the developers to leave it alone and let you play your little game. As long as there is a LARGE incentive to attack 500s, I'll stay at 499. I acknowledge that it's dumb that the game is written that way, but I'm also not stupid.

I completely agree! Everyone should drop to 499. At present it is getting harder for me to find 449ers to attack. So please more people drop to 499. Make it easier for me!

Kthxbye.

Burn
05-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Dipstik. You are a good guy.

But you must be destroyed!!!

;)

Fig Oni
05-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Are there Thug Life restrictions for playing with a 200 Mob size?

None what so ever.
I'm going to show you an average 500 stat that are coming up on my rival list just for comparison.
They just have poor att/def most of them.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6/img0730f.png

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/4300/img0729.png

Dipstik
05-05-2012, 12:29 PM
A few people on the forums tilting at windmills vs supposedly millions of normal players trying to complete thug life goals? I'm glad you're having fun, but you see where I'm going with this...

Joeycool
05-05-2012, 12:31 PM
A few people on the forums tilting at windmills vs supposedly millions of normal players trying to complete thug life goals? I'm glad you're having fun, but you see where I'm going with this...

erm... actually I have no idea what that post means?

Burn
05-05-2012, 12:39 PM
What makes me giggle is that Rat Catching is mostly just a bit of fun - it has a loose moral agenda attached to it, but it's mostly fun.

But I can guarantee if we started another week of action on here, there would be 499 lurkers logging in to do nothing but b!tch and whine. Happened last time and would happen again.

Irony being that they believe it is fine or them to be 499 to avoid being hit, but bleat like hysterical sheep when we turn that on it's head and use their 499 status to target them.

499ers take Rat Catching far far more seriously than most Rat Catchers do. Silly cheese eaters.

Jazz
05-05-2012, 12:39 PM

http://www.funnyforumpics.com//forums/I-dont-understand-what-your-saying/2/Understand-Panda.jpg (http://www.funnyforumpics.com)

Joeycool
05-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Sometimes I have to attack someone with 500 mafia for my Hardcore Hitman goals. It makes me feel dirty.

Burn
05-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Stop that outrageous behaviour at once!!

Hardcore Hitman is not mob-size specific Just level specific.

Joeycool
05-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Stop that outrageous behaviour at once!!

Hardcore Hitman is not mob-size specific Just level specific.

There are not many players over level 192... after several refreshes you have to grab the first one that crosses your path I'm afraid.

I'm sorry.

I feel bad enough.

On the flip side I bet I have attacked more 499ers than you've had hot dinners!

Burn
05-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Of all the people that don't ever have to justify themselves, you are at the very top of the list.

Apologies, I didn't consider the rarity of people at ur level. Please kill as many 500s as you feel necessary ;)

kimberleyj
05-05-2012, 12:54 PM
i have done my tl goals so now all my stam will go to the 499 ers

Dipstik
05-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Wow... I thought don Quixote was universal... "tilting at windmills" means taking a pointless, idealistic stand on something, usually when it's hopeless, not really a problem, or misguided.

Joeycool
05-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Thumps up Aurelius!

The thing is consider this:

Even if you are not of the rat catcher persuasion, why would you not attack 499ers out of choice?
They are at 499 because they have the weakest mafias. They drop to 499 to try and reduce the amount of attacks on them because they have poor stats.
If they had good stats they wouldnt have to avoid being attacked.
Not only do they have the worst stats, but they further reduce their stats by removing a mafia member from there total. Making themselves even weaker!
Therefore, on the whole, it is a no brainer - Attack 499ers.
I look for 499ers on my list and blind attack.

Not that I am recruiting rat catchers at all ;)

Burn
05-05-2012, 01:03 PM
...a lot of them are quite rich too. Dropping to 499 to protect their fat stash, the poor cheese eaters don't realise they might as well be waving a flag. And they don't seem to be great synchers either. Just makes good tactical sense to rob them.

Joeycool
05-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Unfortunately, soon people will have finished their thug life goals. Then the 499er will vanish.

This is what happened last time before the new thug life goals were introduced.

Sad days approaching.

Jazz
05-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Unfortunately, soon people will have finished their thug life goals. Then the 499er will vanish.

This is what happened last time before the new thug life goals were introduced.

Sad days approaching.

Yeah, but new players enter the shark pool every day. Eventually I'll be up there, hunting 499ers with ya!

jobadass
05-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah, K!!! Good to see you back and glad you got a chance to blow off some steam! I'm down with tapping the 499ers. Two of them are good people in my eyes, so I won't mess with them, but that leaves around a thousand to play with.

What shall we dub this mission?

I have no idea for this one, but I say we do it again next weekend and call it, "Go cryng to your Mothers' Day Weekend."
For those outside of the states, we have Mothers' Day every year and it is next weekend.

Burn
05-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Wac-a-Rat Weekend ;)

Dravak
05-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Was hitting rats , but think I just got into a rivalry with a forum member lol
So bussy having fun again ;) .

Joeycool
05-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Like attacking 499ers is something out of the ordinary!?

This weekend I shall also be eating food and breathing air.

koralene
05-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Like attacking 499ers is something out of the ordinary!?

This weekend I shall also be eating food and breathing air.

hahaha... i haven't played for over 10 days... i've been in cc withdrawal. lol. was having too much fun on my hols.

Wac-a-Rat Weekend ;)

love it... perfect :P

Yeah, K!!! Good to see you back and glad you got a chance to blow off some steam! I'm down with tapping the 499ers. Two of them are good people in my eyes, so I won't mess with them, but that leaves around a thousand to play with.

What shall we dub this mission?

I have no idea for this one, but I say we do it again next weekend and call it, "Go cryng to your Mothers' Day Weekend."
For those outside of the states, we have Mothers' Day every year and it is next weekend.

thanks... had lots of fun but sucks being back in the cold weather. :(