PDA

View Full Version : New guy with some noob questions.

Futon
05-04-2012, 03:23 PM
This is my first game I've really gotten into on my Iphone. I'm a big gamer and always have been so it hasn't been to hard. However there are some things I've had to figure out on my own or from this site and i'm still left with quite a few questions. Some of these things may just be my assumptions and could be way off so don't hesitate to correct me if i'm wrong.

1) Quests - Ok so i have a few things about quests. First on some maps i get significantly less quests than other maps and i don't understand why. Second some maps will drop the same thing over and over that should be for a collection quest but i never get the collection quest and i can't figure out why. Example would be yew staff or wolf pelts, get ton but never a quest for them.

2) Zones/Maps - What is the max level a zone can go to? What's the point of maxing the zones? Right now i wanted to slow my leveling so I've started going back and doing really old zones. For example i'm on the infested caverns but i went all the way back to the dark forest to max it, should i even bother or just farm a more relevant zone?

3) Units - I noticed some strange things when buying units. I decided to level machines first because i felt like the rewards were higher. However when going from Battering Rams (8a 1d) to Ballistas (7a 9d) it dropped my stats dramatically and i'm not sure why. It dropped both defense and attack which really made no sense to me.

Now i'm moved on to catapults (14a 5d) which seem to be the best bang for my buck right now. Should i be balancing my units between all the different types? For instance i rarely buy magic or beast units, should i be worried about that?

Finally is it worth using my honor while leveling? I'm level 25 and have lost most of my honor units i bought. It's pretty frustrating since it's not a very easily acquired resource. At what point do you think it's best to spend it?

4) Battles - It took me a really long time to figure this stuff out because I wasn't sure how to look up someone stats so i knew what kind of fight i was getting into. Adding that to a starters guide would be pretty helpful IMO. The only other thing i can't figure it out is how some battles are determines. I thought it was based on : My attack vs Their defense & My defense vs Their attack...however sometimes i still lose when i have higher numbers and that's confusing to me. Could really use some clarification on that.

Right now what i do to determine if i'm going to fight someone is I invade them and check their stats. If my stats are better i attack them. Is there a better method? Is there a record of my fights and what i've won? There's been a few guys i've attacked and taken a ton of gold, would love to have a way to go back and fight them some more.

5) Items -Finally are there any rules to getting some of the rare drop units or weapons? Is it purely based on luck or is there anything i can do to improve my odds? Maybe i missed a page that details that, if you can link me that would be appreciated. Specifically i kept seeing people with a bronzed drake but i couldn't figure out where it comes from.

Is there any way to sell extra armor/weapons/units that i'll never use again?

Thanks for any help you provide and sorry if i missed this information in other posts.

Femaferrr
05-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Sorry, what?

Freekizh
05-04-2012, 04:48 PM
^ Awesome first post.

Ghost818
05-04-2012, 05:01 PM
#1 some maps have different maps assigned to them, it is normal to get less quests for different maps.

#2 Each map (not zones dont feel bad you didnt know) has 5 level masterys. Every time you master a map level, the monsters get harder to kill but give more money and experience.

#3 It is akward that your attack/defense dropped. Perhaps you lost units while you attacked/raided or got attacked/raided. It is always good to have a variety of types of units, cause each unit has a different casualty rate (see Data Sheet in my guide)

#4 It is normal to lose when you have higher attack then the rivals defense because they might have alot of skill points in defense. To check their stats go to the rivals profile.

#5 Each maps character drops different loot, the higher the energy cost sometimes they drop better weapons. If you want the best loot available, visit the furthest map you can visit and kill monsters there

Sorry if my answers are a little short, I am in a bit of a hurry. If you have any other questions, throughly read my guide, then post your questions here or there I will answer them.

Ghost.

Futon
05-04-2012, 05:10 PM
:(

What are those weird red flying units?

Ghost818
05-04-2012, 05:21 PM
:(

What are those weird red flying units?

On the enemies side i assume? Thats a Bronze Dragon. You loot special units from PVP (attacking rivals). Not sure if you get your first one from a quest or from PVP.

lucita
05-04-2012, 05:34 PM
#3 The reason your attack/defense drop after buying unit is that the attack/defense you saw before buying was not updated and were higher than they should be. From my experience the true attack/defense values are not updated from the server for at least 10 minutes, but they get updated right after you buy something.
I know this because I do attacks quite often and find that even after losing units (when I'm not having max avail units) my attack/defense values are still the same immediately afterwards.
My cure is that in the middle of a series of attack (the most I can do is 9 in a row for the same person....anyone disagree?) I always buy something in order to see the real attack/defense of myself.
Hope this answers your question.

Ghost818
05-04-2012, 05:36 PM
+1 lucita, however if you dont want to wait the period of time for the server to update (however long it may be) just close the app, then complete close it from the multitasking bar, then re open it and bam real stats.

Futon
05-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Ah ok. I know what the drake is just didn't know what they looked like and that they were that common. I see them a lot, i haven't gotten one yet.

Thanks everyone for the information so far. This is my first game of this type so it's a bit confusing at first. I think i'm getting a hang of it though. Is there anyway or anywhere i could compare my stats to everyone else to see where i should be?

My stats

Lvl : 26
Income: 1,056 gph
Attack: 1,623
Defense:1567
39 allies

Freekizh
05-04-2012, 06:05 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?27254-May-12-Stat-Update

Search is your friend

John Snow
05-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Another reason your stats may have dropped is that one or more of your allies may have coincidentally removed you around the same time you upgraded your units. It happened to me in CC and it took me a little while to figure out what was going on.