PDA

View Full Version : 50 Gold bars

SeqWins
05-04-2012, 12:46 PM
I've got pretty much 3 options.

1 Keep collecting TJ Gold and save up for something else..( BTW I already have 2 Solar Arrays LVL 7's)

2. Buy a crate Common chance(65%) of getting Strike Roadster a29/21d, Screaming Eagle a25/26d or Liberty Transport a14/38d Uncommon (25%) Panzer Artillery a72/74d, Turbo Jumpjet a62/87d or Zero Agressor a85/59d or Rare (10%) Mustang Fighter a126/119d, Desert Fox a211/195d or Tiger Submarine a145/96d

3. Buy a Patrol Cutter( Sea) MY country is UK so it gives a boost to Sea Units..BTW stats on PC is a30/34d

My mind is telling me to buy a crate since even at a common chance any unit would be equivalent to the stats or the Patrol Cutter more or less. What If I luck out and get a rare?

I don't know what do you guys think?

War Priest
05-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Go with the crate. You can't lose anything, and yet you have the chance to get a 800 gold unit.

SeqWins
05-04-2012, 12:53 PM
That's what I was thinking, let's say I get the rear end of luck and get an uncommon the stats on any of those 3 units are pretty much better than any other unit I got at an indestructible rate.....but If I luck out I will probably be one happy MW player lol

JuSt.SiCk
05-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Well, i just bought some Gold at CC when i started playing with a new Account. I purchased 50 Gold, and bought a single Crate then. I got the strongest Item then ( Hind Gunship A 239 / D 179. I was lucky, but u might try it too.

Bronson
05-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Go for the crate everytime - Fortune favours the bold!

I popped open a few crates didn't get any rares this time (got 4 uncommon) but before that on my only other attempts I have ended up with 3 rares - 1 is the BS Heli with the worst stats ever, when are they gonna sort that out???

Warfiend
05-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Personally, if I was going to buy a crate, I'd save up for the three crate pack because I'm a cheapskate and that 5 gold savings can go to something else. I'd also try to wait till they had another special where the crates had a boosted high end item percentage like the last one.

I've resisted buying them because I prefer to save up for bigger items that will give me a guaranteed outcome. Not bold, but disciplined and determined to achieve specific objectives. Both ways have their merits and draw backs. I always flip coins if I can't decide things like this, and commit myself to the results of the toss.

vball
05-04-2012, 01:14 PM
I agree with Warfiend. Save up for 2 but definately go for the crates. At least you have a chance for something bigger.

Sexyman
05-04-2012, 01:24 PM
I've had some bad luck with crates so far (4/4 common), so I personally would go for something you know you need.

Luke7676
05-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Deffinetly go with the crate. That's your best bet. I'll be buying another one later today.

War Priest
05-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Deffinetly go with the crate. That's your best bet. I'll be buying another one later today.

Your still hitting the single crates ever week?

Luke7676
05-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Your still hitting the single crates ever week?

Haha yeah... Unfurtunetly. Did a few bigger offers from tapjoy in the 20's range but nothing ever came through. I did report to them though...

Edit: just got a common from the crate but I am happy with it. Still worth 50g

vitus79
05-05-2012, 01:34 AM
since the event went very well i have some gold left and decided to get another tripple crate. im russia and many air units in rare and uncommon so i was hoping my luck still holding on. now look at this

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r640/vitus79/fd178442.jpg

great weekend, glad i didnt spend the gold on clubbing this time

Luke7676
05-05-2012, 01:37 AM
Wow. Congrats man :) you are pretty lucky there.

Tate
05-05-2012, 01:41 AM
No s***! Lucky! I would love to get that Desert Fox! I guess it's time to get another triple crate before they're gone...Seqwins! Look at the opportunity with a crate! Go for it man!

SeqWins
05-06-2012, 06:14 PM
I decided to keep my gold and keep putting gold together for other gold buildings and actually found a good strategy for gold that I want to share.

Btw when I posted this thread I was sitting at 49 gold and as I'm typing a couple of days later I sit at 92.

Now this little thing I've found might seem like a pain to some of you but to a free player like me with bills and responsibilities any free gold is welcomed. On the earn free gold tab in the add funds option everybody who has tapjoy should see a "earn 1 gold in MW" link well I wondered how much I could collect from this link and it regenerates exactly every one hour.

I know most of you don't log in hourly as I don't either but this weekend I decided to try this and well I earned 53 gold from doing it and a couple of tj apps I dled.

bigflan
05-06-2012, 06:19 PM
I decided to keep my gold and keep putting gold together for other gold buildings and actually found a good strategy for gold that I want to share.

Btw when I posted this thread I was sitting at 49 gold and as I'm typing a couple of days later I sit at 92.

Now this little thing I've found might seem like a pain to some of you but to a free player like me with bills and responsibilities any free gold is welcomed. On the earn free gold tab in the add funds option everybody who has tapjoy should see a "earn 1 gold in MW" link well I wondered how much I could collect from this link and it regenerates exactly every one hour.

I know most of you don't log in hourly as I don't either but this weekend I decided to try this and well I earned 53 gold from doing it and a couple of tj apps I dled.This is not reliable once when a gold sale starts but this is part of my dynasty strategy not gonna tell the other part of it

SeqWins
05-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Who cares about reliability? It's free! And you don't need to share I already did, I'm not greedy.

bigflan
05-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Who cares about reliability? It's free! And you don't need to share I already did, I'm not greedy.It's part of my mission to success if people did this they could become very strong and yet I was so stupid not to notice this

JohnnyR
05-06-2012, 06:53 PM
1 is the BS Heli with the worst stats ever, when are they gonna sort that out???

2% lower casualty on top of that dude, If I was into crates, I'd pray for three for three on the three packs.

I know most of you don't log in hourly as I don't either but this weekend I decided to try this and well I earned 53 gold from doing it and a couple of tj apps I dled.

This is my new gold strategy, I love it. Everytime I'm done with the game, I just check out through that button and get a gold to boot. Used to be able to hit the tapjoy button multiple times as well, guess they caught on to that one.

bigflan
05-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Is it just me or do you think that hold money buildings are not a good gold investment

SeqWins
05-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Did you mean gold money buildings? And if yes why are they not a good investment?

bigflan
05-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Did you mean gold money buildings? And if yes why are they not a good investment?Becasue gold= power and if your paying power for a lesser currency than it does not make sense you will never get your gold back you just get cash which Is the lowest type of currency the order is ingame cash, valor and gold why it's dumb the only good gold building are the composite factory I would buy a crate good permanent investment which gives a lasting effect while cash if you buy units they die and there not as good as gold I understand buying them for the building missions but not a good investment argue with me I'm sure there are people who disagree with me and those who do agree with me

War Priest
05-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Becasue gold= power and if your paying power for a lesser currency than it does not make sense you will never get your gold back you just get cash which Is the lowest type of currency the order is ingame cash, valor and gold why it's dumb the only good gold building are the composite factory I would buy a crate good permanent investment which gives a lasting effect while cash if you buy units they die and there not as good as gold I understand buying them for the building missions but not a good investment argue with me I'm sure there are people who disagree with me and those who do agree with me

Craziness! :rolleyes:

bigflan
05-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Craziness! :rolleyes:Your a heavy gold spender gold for you is as easy as breathing

JohnnyR
05-06-2012, 07:30 PM
I have to say flan, that was one well thought out post.

My counter to that is this-with 250 gold I can buy 5 crates and get five indestructable units, which I'll admit give outstanding return. However, with a level 10 geothermal plant, I can buy nearly 2 Stealth Bombers a day. Even if I lose them here and there, my attack would still grow and grow, and eventually surpass the attack values of those five units from crates. Now, add in the fact that I get a 10% air bonus for my country, and a 20% boost from the hangar and my 2 SBs go from adding 100 a day in attack to 130 a day. Crates are all over the place, and ya might end up with some dang explorer subs giving ya defense you don't need on a unit that doesn't match your flag. Going with the geothermal plant here, but ain't knocking crates.

bigflan
05-06-2012, 07:32 PM
I have to say flan, that was one well thought out post.

My counter to that is this-with 250 gold I can buy 5 crates and get five indestructable units, which I'll admit give outstanding return. However, with a level 10 geothermal plant, I can buy nearly 2 Stealth Bombers a day. Even if I lose them here and there, my attack would still grow and grow, and eventually surpass the attack values of those five units from crates. Now, add in the fact that I get a 10% air bonus for my country, and a 20% boost from the hangar and my 2 SBs go from adding 100 a day in attack to 130 a day. Crates are all over the place, and ya might end up with some dang explorer subs giving ya defense you don't need on aunit that doesn't match your flag. Going with the geothermal plant here, but ain't knocking crates.
I understand your point but the cost of getting a lv10 geo plant is ridiculous and hard

War Priest
05-06-2012, 07:34 PM
I understand your point but the cost of getting a lv10 geo plant is ridiculous and hard

Everything pays off in the long run. Put a few million toward an upgrade, or lose a few million to rivals who you can't fend off.

JohnnyR
05-06-2012, 07:35 PM

True, and I was gonna point this out. In the very long haul though, I think both options are viable, can't kill an income stream and can't kill gold units. Collection would also going to be tough...but if I'm up that high, I'm assuming I can defend those buildings.

bigflan
05-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Everything pays off in the long run. Put a few million toward an upgrade, or lose a few million to rivals who you can't fend off.I say crates I might eventually get some gold money buildings but right now I'm hitting up the crates lets say you should get both and call it a day

SeqWins
05-06-2012, 07:45 PM
I love my Solar Arrays that's just me though, Water Treatment plant is alright for one collection a day too.