PDA

View Full Version : Income Per Hour vs. Income Per Hour

Al Murkya
05-04-2012, 11:30 AM
This thread is in no way, shape, form, or fashion will mention my stats, expansions, or economy.

Instead, I simply want to share my take on the economics (KA, MW, and CC).

I'm a huge fan of what Duder has done with CC (not to take away from what everyone else is/has/or will do in CC/MW/DA), but I befriended him early while we were both near the same $/per hour and I saw that his strategy as far as economy goes is top-notch. With all that being said, and all respect paid, onward with my economy spill....

Level 10 Supply Depots vs. Level 10 Munitions Stockpiles

My view of the decision to pick one over the other is simple. Potential income vs. Garaunteed income

My decision in the beginning was Potential income (which as I stated earlier, is not the "most effecient" path to economic bliss). In other words, the hustler in me prefers the potential to make $864,000 per day with a maxed out Supply Depot instead of collecting $360,000 per day (garaunteed) with the maxed out Munitions Stockpile.

All of you seniors out there know this, but I guess this is my contribution to the new players...in hopes that what I have just taken the time to post has not already been posted thousands of times prior to me doing it. If so, I do apologize for any copyright infringment that may have taken place in this message, and all lawsuits can be filed directly through my lawyer...after I find one.......

SirMW
05-04-2012, 11:41 AM
One should look at potential income realistically especially with collection that occurs more than once a day. An hourly collection building can never be collected 24 times a day therefore a more realistic potential income is needed. The number varies depending on your ability to collect. There's a spreadsheet on the forum which is nicely done. It allow user to input the # of collection per day per type of building in order to calculate a more realistic income per day.

Al Murkya
05-04-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm a huge fan of the spreadsheets, and I offer gratitude to all of you (and all of those) who put the time and brain into compiling all of the data.

With that being said, the spreadsheets won't calculate (only because I can not account for..) my income on the days that I end up staying up until the @$$-crack of dawn and collecting throughout the the night (or collecting whenever it is I can remember to). The spreadsheets are without a doubt priceless, however, they can not calculate for the human aspect.

manbeast
05-04-2012, 08:15 PM
electric power plant is my fav building in the game.

next would be oil rigs.

supply depots-pretty much pointless in later lvls but i keep them around

War Priest
05-04-2012, 08:16 PM
electric power plant is my fav building in the game.

next would be oil rigs.

supply depots-pretty much pointless in later lvls but i keep them around

Agree with you on the Electric Power Plants. Level 10 will bring 240K per hour!

Corsair
05-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Every strategy has its good and bad points. Those level 10 24 hour+ buildings are primed for raiding. I just hit someone today who had a couple of oil rigs and ore mines left uncollected. I'm not sure how much further I can go that way, but I'm at about 175k an hour with minimal risk of raids, and I haven't pumped up my smaller buildings much beyond level 5 yet. I figure I can get well over 200k by doing that.

bigflan
05-04-2012, 08:26 PM
My supply depots are Lv 9 and almost 10 but next will be my munition stockpiles

Freekizh
05-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Very cool thread - I have just been going through the same experiment with Level 7 high frequency collections. They are absolutely invaluable when you need rapid cash to boost units/defense and don't need to wait 12-24 hours to collect.

Good for emergencies, and they never ever get raided! Otherwise they suck, but they do make your stats look good :)

azy
05-04-2012, 08:35 PM
See, I only play a few times per day, so those hourly buildings are of little value to me for they sit uncollected most of the time. No doubt the 12/24 hrs buildings are prime raiding target, but worst case, when I do log on, I still collect 40% of something large rather than 100% of something small.

manbeast
05-04-2012, 11:07 PM
See, I only play a few times per day, so those hourly buildings are of little value to me for they sit uncollected most of the time. No doubt the 12/24 hrs buildings are prime raiding target, but worst case, when I do log on, I still collect 40% of something large rather than 100% of something small.

i agree when it comes to supply depots/armories/silos but the power plant is pretty legit. my lvl 4 electric plants make the same in only 1 hr as a lvl 7 windfarm/lvl 5 weapons factory/lvl 5 steel mill and those buildings have much longer times

David P
05-04-2012, 11:39 PM
So Murkya.....are you saying you prefer the guaranteed income nowadays or the potential income? Sounds like you're saying the logical thing to do is boost the 8/12/24/48 collection buildings because you have a much higher chance of actually realizing that profit. And why are you so hesitant to share your stats?

I made a post where I shared how much money I had and people freaked out. It's not like they can search for me and come attack me...they don't even know my username to begin with..

manbeast
05-04-2012, 11:52 PM
So Murkya.....are you saying you prefer the guaranteed income nowadays or the potential income? Sounds like you're saying the logical thing to do is boost the 8/12/24/48 collection buildings because you have a much higher chance of actually realizing that profit. And why are you so hesitant to share your stats?

I made a post where I shared how much money I had and people freaked out. It's not like they can search for me and come attack me...they don't even know my username to begin with..

yea what he said sounds like he prefers the longer ones but his base is lvl 10 supply depots, armories, and derricks

JohnnyR
05-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Oil Rigs, Chemical Plants, Satellite Arrays, Nuke Plants.

These are big heavy duty money buildings I'm trying to focus on to build income, in rotation. I find they bring the most benefit upgrade after upgrade, one can get 1.2 mil every morning on just two level three oil rigs, and it only takes about 13 mil for the level three upgrade, not too hard to get.

Munitions, Ore Mines, Oil Refineries, Recycling Plants.

I love these for their collection times, and are cheap and easy to get leveled up (mine are 6,4/3,2,3 repectively). However, upon reaching these levels, the times required to sit and wait become unbearable for the little gains they bring. These are great in lower mid levels, IMO. I think when I begin focusing on defense again that I'll start upgrading munitions again, they're so cheap to upgrade I can keep very near my vault limit afterward, and while waiting can pour my over the vault money right back into defense.

Love my desal plants.

Electric plants are a smart upgrade as well, IMO.

siL
05-05-2012, 03:46 AM
If i could ask you guys, in early levels, what are the top priority to upgrade in terms of money buildings?
I have sold mu supply depot and armory and want to focus on just 1 hour ++ collection building...
Should i want to have lvl 10 money building, what is your opinion the first building to maxed out and why?

manbeast
05-05-2012, 06:43 AM
If i could ask you guys, in early levels, what are the top priority to upgrade in terms of money buildings?
I have sold mu supply depot and armory and want to focus on just 1 hour ++ collection building...
Should i want to have lvl 10 money building, what is your opinion the first building to maxed out and why?

dont waste your time with small upgrades. try and do as many big expensive upgrades as you can before you get to lvl 94. once u get there you will never be able to save money past your vault

Al Murkya
05-05-2012, 07:36 AM

I only stayed away from posting stats because in most or all of the 10 or so posts that I have made have all in some way involved me proudly announcing my progress.

My preference remains "potential". And, to the new players who love playing and find themselves logging in countless times a day, I highly recommend focusing on getting both supply depots to level 10. I will not venture out and say that it is the only way to skin a cat, however, I will venture out and say two level 10 supply depots are invaluable to a new, growing economy.

David P, at this point in my progress, I am still collecting more money per day on my two level 10 supply depots, two level 10 amorys, two level 10 silos, and two level 10 oil derricks than I do collecting my level 10 command center, two level 10 munition stockpiles, and level 5 coal mine once a day (which is only about $1.5 million every 24 hours). The amount of work involved is far less, however, the amount of money is still uncomparable. With all of that being said, once I advance into later levels and have access to higher output 12/24 hour buildings, then I know my stance will change to preferring "garaunteed" over "potential".

In closing, because Al Murkya does not come equipped with hesitation, my stats are as follows;

Level 12

244 wins/6 losses
Attack: 1489
Defense: 2199
$/Per Hour: $329,621
Vault: Max
Next Expansion: $17,000,000