PDA

View Full Version : Son of a CRAP, I just got jacked for $300k. :(

Gaming Will
05-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Ok no mercy. And it is taking a lot for me to not him back!

Also, THANK YOU FUNZIO for only allowing me to be attacked 10 times!!!!!!!!!!

moparland
05-04-2012, 11:12 AM
That sucks will. I just got beat for the first time in 2 wks for $1100. Not much compared to u, but sucks cuz he is 278 attack and im 877 defense! LoL!

sexkitteh
05-04-2012, 11:14 AM
That sucks will. I just got beat for the first time in 2 wks for $1100. Not much compared to u, but sucks cuz he is 278 attack and im 877 defense! LoL!

WHAT! That is weird o_0...

Was it a robbery?

OR do you have like 10 lvl 10 defense buildings?

Vile Lynn
05-04-2012, 11:16 AM

Shoot... sorry to hear that. :(
Bummer.

Bala82
05-04-2012, 11:22 AM
This brings up something i am curious about how many times can you attack someone before it considering farming ?

On other attack game it's consider farming when you attack a player more than 3 times in a row so does same apply with this game ?

Nicholost
05-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Who got you Will? Was it Dangerous Greg? If so, he rolled me, then Caleb, two days apart. LOL.

i need muney
05-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Relax, it's only 300k :D you'll get a lot more.

moparland
05-04-2012, 11:28 AM
My defense is split between my buildings and mob

murf
05-04-2012, 11:33 AM

This will inevitably happen...the important thing is not to panic and immediate deposit it back into your bank and pay another 10% penalty...hopefully you had 300k in your bank or can earn that in the next hour before you can get tapped again.

Swifty
05-04-2012, 11:41 AM
I have been robbed for way more than that. I bank my 40% and move on.

Luciferianism
05-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Aw dude, I feel for you. I hate it when I lose even 10K.

Gaming Will
05-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Who got you Will? Was it Dangerous Greg? If so, he rolled me, then Caleb, two days apart. LOL.

Yup! I saw you on his wall too!

Max Power
05-04-2012, 11:46 AM
This brings up something i am curious about how many times can you attack someone before it considering farming ?

On other attack game it's consider farming when you attack a player more than 3 times in a row so does same apply with this game ?

Well, it's just terminology, you can call it whatever you want, but in this game and on this board, farming is when you select a location in one of the maps and hit it repeatedly to get loot drops. Attacking people remains attacking no matter how often you do it. And if you go back and hit the same person every hour on the hour, it's called stalking....LOL!

Gaming Will
05-04-2012, 11:49 AM
And now I'm thinking of spending my 35k RP on chain whips

Dorian Gray
05-04-2012, 11:53 AM
I fell asleep on the job today and got robbed for $797,368 and lost 32 stun grenades. It was all in one entry on my news so I guess that means I couldn't even fend off at least one attempt. :(

Dorian Gray
05-04-2012, 11:56 AM
@ Will

Oh well, I guess that's karma for trying to hide with your small mafia and trying to no-bank. :p sorry, couldn't resist ;)

Gaming Will
05-04-2012, 12:00 PM
@ Will

Oh well, I guess that's karma for trying to hide with your small mafia and trying to no-bank. :p sorry, couldn't resist ;)

I'm level 98 I think, not sure if I'm going to be brave enough to play with the big boys!

Fig Oni
05-04-2012, 12:02 PM
It not even a significant loss, you would have lost $300k if he had banked $3mill anyway.
So in the long run I don't see you as losing but wouldn't been nice to have the no bank fee gun.

Nicholost
05-04-2012, 12:04 PM
And now I'm thinking of spending my 35k RP on chain whips

Don't do that without consulting a stats calculator first. Probably the biggest rule of no-banking: don't react emotionally. It's only $300K, you'll make it back soon enough. :)

Honestly, Dangerous Greg seems like a pretty cool guy. He took $60K from me two days ago. At that time, his attack and defense were about equal to mine and he only had 181 mafia (I had 286). We've been chatting about game mechanics ever since. In fact, I'm the one who told him to increase his mafia because he has enough good equipment to outfit a 300+ size mafia. So you can blame me for him moving to a higher bracket and being able to see you as a result, Will. If he had stayed at 181 mafia, he would have passed right under you. :p

Nicholost
05-04-2012, 12:08 PM
@ Will

Haha! Hey man, I resemble that remark. I like it down here at level 96 with 288 mafia. It's all comfy and calm. My news feed is a constant stream of green, I have $8 million hanging out in the open without concern, chicks bring me pina coladas in the nude. What?! They don't do that in the HLs? Oh, you're loss. Shoulda stayed low. :p

Dorian Gray
05-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Haha! Hey man, I resemble that remark. I like it down here at level 96 with 288 mafia. It's all comfy and calm. My news feed is a constant stream of green, I have $8 million hanging out in the open without concern, chicks bring me pina coladas in the nude. What?! They don't do that in the HLs? Oh, you're loss. Shoulda stayed low. :p

You found me out. I'm just jealous of the small mafia lifestyle. :)

Jazz
05-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Alex, a self admitted hacker, has been beating me down for the past 2 weeks. The attacks have stopped though, so I'm hoping I fell off his news feed. He has 100+ DD's at level 73... and a bunch of Ma Sheng loot...

Vile Lynn
05-04-2012, 12:23 PM

lol, better watch out... Revenge is best served cold... they'll be waiting for you, can't stay low forever. Well, maybe you can, lol, idk.

Since dropping 20 or so mafia, I've been seeing some really weird rivals lists, some all 500's, some all 498-499, & then some with 55-180 mafia sizes... weird. Still planing on dropping more, but I'm being selective with who gets dropped.
For reference: I'm in the high 480's, level 140, rivals bracket levels: 137-141.

Gaming Will
05-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Don't do that without consulting a stats calculator first. Probably the biggest rule of no-banking: don't react emotionally. It's only $300K, you'll make it back soon enough. :)

Honestly, Dangerous Greg seems like a pretty cool guy. He took $60K from me two days ago. At that time, his attack and defense were about equal to mine and he only had 181 mafia (I had 286). We've been chatting about game mechanics ever since. In fact, I'm the one who told him to increase his mafia because he has enough good equipment to outfit a 300+ size mafia. So you can blame me for him moving to a higher bracket and being able to see you as a result, Will. If he had stayed at 181 mafia, he would have passed right under you. :p

Yeah, going to update spreadsheet and drop a few more mafia this evening when I get home. Thanks. And thanks.

Dorian Gray
05-04-2012, 12:33 PM
lol, better watch out... Revenge is best served cold... they'll be waiting for you, can't stay low forever. Well, maybe you can, lol, idk.

Since dropping 20 or so mafia, I've been seeing some really weird rivals lists, some all 500's, some all 498-499, & then some with 55-180 mafia sizes... weird. Still planing on dropping more, but I'm being selective with who gets dropped.
For reference: I'm in the high 480's, level 140, rivals bracket levels: 137-141.

Even with more than 500 mafia I get the occasional list of small mafia rivals. I usually just refresh so as to not pick on the poor wittle mafias. lol Maybe I should go through the list looking for no-bankers next time.

Nicholost
05-04-2012, 12:45 PM

Personally, I prefer my revenge served chilled with an umbrella and an orange slice. Honestly, are there really folks waiting for me higher up? http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/Emoticons/skep.gif

To be clear, I'm not a proponent of dropping mafia to escape defeat from tough rivals. I believe that you should maintain a fully equipped mafia that uses all decent equipment. If you are taking Junkers to battle, you are doing yourself a disservice and should adjust your mafia size until everyone is your mafia is fully equipped with good stuff. The bracketing will follow suit. Basically, the goal is to position yourself as strongly as possible, not to escape because you are weak. Are you using a stats calculator, Vile Lynn?

Dorian Gray
05-04-2012, 01:50 PM
I believe that you should maintain a fully equipped mafia that uses all decent equipment. If you are taking Junkers to battle, you are doing yourself a disservice and should adjust your mafia size until everyone is your mafia is fully equipped with good stuff.

I would say they're not doing as big a disservice as you like to make out. If everyone with full mafias had fully equipped mafias I would completely agree. But having been at the full mafia for my level all the way through the game, I can say that's just not the case. A majority of people with full mafias are not fully equipped. Yeah you might be taking Junkers into battle, but they might be bringing less Junkers. I just don't think people should think you have to have every member fully equipped to compete with a full mafia.

"the goal is to position yourself as strongly as possible, not to escape because you are weak" lol Whatever helps you sleep at night. :p JK

Nicholost
05-04-2012, 02:16 PM
I would say they're not doing as big a disservice as you like to make out. If everyone with full mafias had fully equipped mafias I would completely agree. But having been at the full mafia for my level all the way through the game, I can say that's just not the case. A majority of people with full mafias are not fully equipped. Yeah you might be taking Junkers into battle, but they might be bringing less Junkers. I just don't think people should think you have to have every member fully equipped to compete with a full mafia.
The reason why this strategy is so effective is exactly as you say; the majority of people with full mafias are not fully equipped. The point is to be stronger than your rivals. If they choose to play sloppy, it doesn't mean you should. Sure, you may be stronger than many of them just because you are fully stocked with vehicles, even 40 Junkers, and they are not, but that still won't place you at the top of your rivals list against players whose worst vehicle is a 69 Camaro. They're going to have the edge on you assuming their inventory follows suit with their vehicles. When you ensure your mafia is both fully equipped and with decent items, you are strong enough to beat down light gold spenders. That says something with a cash-only inventory.

My point is this: you may be able to get by playing without a fully equipped mafia or a mafia that don't use only decent weapons, but what's the fun in that when with a little more effort or mafia size adjustment, you can be strong enough to no-bank or dominate most of your rivals?

"the goal is to position yourself as strongly as possible, not to escape because you are weak" lol Whatever helps you sleep at night. :p JK
Like I said, it's comfy down here. I win a lot, I no-bank, naked chicks bring me things. Trust me, I sleep plenty well. :p

Luciferianism
05-04-2012, 02:23 PM
If you're only fighting the lowly people, the robbery booty sucks and the game would be incredibly boring. You may as well be camping. You also deprive yourself of thug life or championship goals if you've dropped your mafia to be king among dwarves. There's no reason you can't play full mafia and be competitive with or even better than most other players, and make several hundred thousand in robberies and be much more satisfied with the playing experience at the same time.

Edit: On an entirely unrelated note, I just robbed my sworn enemy who I have stalked all day, got 27K and he's online right now because he collected his laundromats. Haha, I visit him every few minutes just because I hate him. He has tried everything to shake me, spamming my wall, dropping his mafia count by 150, slow levelling, but I still have him on my newsfeed and still pounding him at every opportunity.

Vile Lynn
05-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Even with more than 500 mafia I get the occasional list of small mafia rivals. I usually just refresh so as to not pick on the poor wittle mafias. lol Maybe I should go through the list looking for no-bankers next time.

Good suggestion! lol, Hi Nicholost! :cool: don't you no-bank?

Nicholost
05-04-2012, 02:35 PM
If you're only fighting the lowly people, the robbery booty sucks and the game would be incredibly boring. You may as well be camping. You also deprive yourself of thug life or championship goals if you've dropped your mafia to be king among dwarves. There's no reason you can't play full mafia and be competitive with or even better than most other players, and make several hundred thousand in robberies and be much more satisfied with the playing experience at the same time.

I disagree with each of those points with exception to the inability to participate in Thug Life. However, I'll participate in that later, so it's not like I'm missing out on anything. Thug Life will still be there when I've properly equipped and increased my mafia in line with my inventory growth.

And there are a few very good reasons for not playing at full mafia. I've mentioned a two of them already in this thread: being the top of your bracket and the possibility of no-banking.

Luciferianism
05-04-2012, 02:44 PM
To each his own, you should play how you enjoy. :)

Swearengen
05-04-2012, 02:46 PM

Funny he got me a few hours ago for $300,000 also... :) Broke my 5 week streak...

Swingle007
05-04-2012, 02:55 PM
300k is survivable anyway. I hit DCjG for 1.38 million in a single stop in his hood today. Just shows that it can always be worse brotha.

Vile Lynn
05-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Funny he got me a few hours ago for $300,000 also... :) Broke my 5 week streak... so you no-bank, too?

Swearengen
05-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Sure do. I am pretty broke now with a recent upgrade of my upscale club but I have been no banking for sometime. This guy was the first person to get anything from me in 5 weeks, so $300,000 is ok with me. :)

I figure I'll do it for a few more levels but at some point above 100lvl it will probably have to stop thanks to all the players with good stats.

Jazz
05-04-2012, 05:03 PM
I disagree with each of those points with exception to the inability to participate in Thug Life. However, I'll participate in that later, so it's not like I'm missing out on anything. Thug Life will still be there when I've properly equipped and increased my mafia in line with my inventory growth.

And there are a few very good reasons for not playing at full mafia. I've mentioned a two of them already in this thread: being the top of your bracket and the possibility of no-banking.

+1

I discussed this with Luciferianism. I chose to drop my mafia and be top 5% and sacrifice the ability to complete TL goals and the ability to get bigger robs. He chose to play at the max mafia and get more lucrative robs and sacrifice the ability to possibly no bank, fend off more robber/attackers, and be stronger in general.

Gaming Will
05-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Honestly, Dangerous Greg seems like a pretty cool guy.

He is a cool dude, gave him the props he deserved and then my code. Which he promptly added. I didn't retaliate for fear of him not adding me. Thus in turn giving him a one-way ticket to hit me again an hour later.

Plumbernick9
05-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Wow. Scaredy cat.

Gaming Will
05-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Call me whatever you like, however I've been no banking for 6 weeks and saved a fortune. This thread was more of kudos to the attacker.

Plumbernick9
05-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Yeah, but why give kudos to someone who steals from you.

Maniaxe
05-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Respect.

ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten ten

NotHappyatU
05-04-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm mad to lose 100k at 1 time.

Dangerous Greg
05-06-2012, 03:39 AM
There is always someone bigger to knock us down a notch or two! Last few days I've been taken for a little over $340,000 on repeated attracts from Cpt Healer. I try not to hit someone big more than once but evidently it's not a universal practice! :-). All is good...I'm just getting my virtual butt kicked! He has 2132 mofia to my 343. Hard to compete with that!

Plux
05-06-2012, 03:44 AM
1000th Green attack/rob by someone else approaches, one day I'll lose a rob, maybe in the year 2050 :cool: