PDA

View Full Version : An Idea - Would it work?

sexkitteh
05-04-2012, 11:06 AM
So I was thinking about getting a tablet and running 2 versions of CC.

Would this make sense:

1 account make it a low lvl slow build income account. Build your income to outrages proportions.

2nd account high level Attack Focused Only

So here's what I would consider doing (it makes sense in my head).

Account 1 = No Bank + millions of dollars

Account 2 friends account 1 - travels to hood unfriends account 1 - drains money from account 1 - repeats every hour or whenever...

So basically account 1 feeds money to account 2...

Does this make sense?

OR is there a cap where you can't attack lower level players?

This could be interesting cause you could have a highlevel account and your hood would be nothing but defense buildings... no income necessary...

dudeman
05-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Won't work.

And if you have no money buildings you don't need defense buildings. Just putting that out there.

sexkitteh
05-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Well if you want to be unattackable you would want defense buildings :D

So why won't it work?

dudeman
05-04-2012, 11:19 AM
You have to visit hoods as a rival to have the ability to do any PvP. If you visit as a friend you can still kick them from your mob, but you have to leave their hood and come back as a rival. If you kick someone from your mob and they're not going to show up in your rivals list, this won't work.

You will NEVER be unattackable. Defense buildings don't add full value to your attack defense anyways. And another thing to consider, "empty" hoods rarely get far. The only empty hoods you see at higher levels belong to people who quit and sold everything.

sexkitteh
05-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Well that makes sense...

booooo ( ._.)

Nicholost
05-04-2012, 11:21 AM
It would work, but there would be additional steps necessary to ensure there is a connection between #1 and #2. Sure, #2 could attack #1 over and over for income, but he would eventually level out of sight of #1. #1 would have to attack #2 once in awhile to ensure #1 stays on #2's news feed. Doing that would unfortunately cause #1 to level.

My recommendation would be to start a camper account early and get his income to a point where he can afford to payout $300K frequently. Then start a second account and level him to the same level as your first account. Refresh the rivals list until the new account sees the old account, then attack. Make sure the camper account attacks back to get a presence on the news feed so as the new account continues leveling, he always has a link to the camper account. If you play it right, you would essentially give your second account a $150K/hr income boost. Add robbing into the mix at an additional 20% loss (to the house) and you could surpass that.

Although, it sounds like a lot of work compared to what you gain. By the time you get an economy strong enough to sustain the second account, you might as well just continue playing with the first account.

murf
05-04-2012, 11:26 AM
It would work, but there would be additional steps necessary to ensure there is a connection between #1 and #2. Sure, #2 could attack #1 over and over for income, but he would eventually level out of sight of #1. #1 would have to attack #2 once in awhile to ensure #1 stays on #2's news feed. Doing that would unfortunately cause #1 to level.

My recommendation would be to start a camper account early and get his income to a point where he can afford to payout $300K frequently. Then start a second account and level him to the same level as your first account. Refresh the rivals list until the new account sees the old account, then attack. Make sure the camper account attacks back to get a presence on the news feed so as the new account continues leveling, he always has a link to the camper account. If you play it right, you would essentially give your second account a $150K/hr income boost. Add robbing into the mix at an additional 20% loss (to the house) and you could surpass that.

Although, it sounds like a lot of work compared to what you gain. By the time you get an economy strong enough to sustain the second account, you might as well just continue playing with the first account.

But if the camper account doesn't win the fight, he doesn't earn XP does he?...and at some point relatively quickly he shouldn't be able to.

Nicholost
05-04-2012, 11:28 AM
But if the camper account doesn't win the fight, he doesn't earn XP does he?...and at some point relatively quickly he shouldn't be able to.

Oh, that's true. I completely forgot about that.

murf
05-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Oh, that's true. I completely forgot about that.

And if you lose 10 fights in a row, are you then 'too beat up to fight' when people see you?

sexkitteh
05-04-2012, 11:37 AM
yes you should be

murf
05-04-2012, 11:42 AM
It might be doable because if you keep your camper account at a low enough level, your news feed won't scroll off that fast, so you should never be at risk of waking up one morning, with full news feeds from overnight where you would lose sight of the other account.

nopenopenope
05-04-2012, 02:29 PM
First let me state that I don't know why anyone would do this unless they wanted a no-economy equipment profile, but then why not build the economy up since you're doing that anyway, and buy all the stuff you want after you sell it all like the rest of the quitters?

This would be very difficult and a PITA to do, but I wouldn't call it impossible. However, you are attempting two opposing game philosophies that this plan contradicts. You want a low level "camper" account but what you'd be doing is slow-leveling (crawling) due to the XP gained from successfully defended attacks against you (I leveled through 3-6 on this alone). Your "attack" account will be leveling so fast (as you said HL) you will indefinitely level out of range and eventually that attack account will roll-off your crawler's news feed in the next ~25 actions against you.

You would have to change your strategy for the crawling account to level alongside the attacking account, but then why even do this when this can be accomplished on one account? Not worth the double-efforts IMO.

Paulio
05-04-2012, 03:19 PM
I think Nicholost pretty clearly explained how it COULD work, but why would you? The first account would steal 40%, the second account would collect 40%, and the other 20% pays the robbery tax - never to be recovered. IMO, a better use of the second account would be to use it as redemption for the mistakes you made with your first account that you wish you could take back. It's like a clean slate.

sexkitteh
05-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Ok so what is the second account is a normal account - then the first account just acts like a bank... with permanent withdraws :D

You can never be too short on cash... 2 accounts generating cash for 1 city...

It is a shame you can't unfriend and attack :D