PDA

View Full Version : Protecting Gold - Investing in Monsters

URDead
05-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Greetings all,

I don't know if this has ever been discussed but I learned a great new method for protecting my money and saving it for when I need it in a way that it cannot be stolen and I wanted to share my information.

we all get attacked right? Lets say we are saving gold for a particular upgrade or purchase of a building/weapon. Well, saving too much gold can be dangerous if you do not have the vault strength to protect it. The solution? I find the monsters with a high payout and I attack them to the point where they have only one strike left and they will be history. At that point, I leave them go. When I am ready to make a purchase, I go back, attack all of the monsters that I have saved killing them all in one strike and easily bring in another 8-10k in gold. Then I make my purchase or upgrade and start the process over again.

I constantly am upgrading my vault, but these upgrades take a lot of time and if you have a good economy, it is very easy to surpass the limit. INVEST IN MONSTERS! I hope this can help some people here.

twchung22
05-04-2012, 09:43 AM
i guess it's nice to try out, but I am at a point where people know I have unvault gold and tried to attack me and lose 9 out of 10 time

SirMW
05-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Yea, I like to leave a lot of gold at hand just to get people to attack me. Need to test my defense and see where I'm at just in case I need to save gold beyond my vault limit.

superdad
05-04-2012, 11:12 AM
The only problem I see with this is that by definition you won't be farming the most efficient experience unit, since typically there is only 1 or maybe 2 of those in the right sweet spot map for your level and hero strength.

So you may save gold, but you will level faster, because you aren't optimizing loot/exp, you are optimizing gold. So while you may save a buck or two, you will be higher level with worse loot than someone maximizing loot/exp.

I.e. you may save yourself a couple thousand gold (or more!) doing this, but once you get in the 20/11 weapon drop areas (owlbear), those weapons are each worth ~10,000+ gold. So while this method may save you a few thousand gold, it'll actually cost you, because in your level-up, you will get less of those 20/11 weapons, because you were hitting things that take 2 hits @ 30 exp each, instead of 1 hit @ 15 exp each. Thus you get 1/4 the amount of weapons that I may get, in the same level-up. This could literally be the difference between hundreds of thousands of gold, or more. Possibly millions of gold in terms of weapon/armor value lost.

Freekizh
05-04-2012, 11:31 AM
@URDead

Good idea bro. Developing strategies to reduce risk while undertaking large investments is really important.

Just hope the monsters don't rejuvenate :)

Ghost818
05-04-2012, 12:39 PM
I mentioned this a while ago in one of the threads, its a good way to save up for an investment. Dont try this on the bosses though, they do rejuvenate.

zsqysq
05-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Would you panic if you get someone who bought units worth 4000+ gems attack you?
I did...

i guess it's nice to try out, but I am at a point where people know I have unvault gold and tried to attack me and lose 9 out of 10 time

Freekizh
05-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Would you panic if you get someone who bought units worth 4000+ gems attack you?
I did...

I meet heavy gem players all the time - some of them often want to just test their strength, even when I am not carrying much gold. Some of them are real characters.

Don't panic - try a bit of diplomacy and be friendly, otherwise, reduce or increase your ally count or change levels to maneuver around them. Nearly all of them did ally with me in the end. Of those that did not, I kept a very close eye on them.

URDead
05-06-2012, 09:38 AM
The real message behind this message is that I have a longer term strategy. I am RACING to get to that level 7 Wizard Spire. The problem is at level 6 and level 7 the upgrades are quite costly and I cannot, for an extended period of time, keep that much gold on hand. So, I have to use/find a better strategy.

Another problem I am having is that they are forcing me to upgrade buildings I have no care for. I don't care if I don't have one single infantry unit in my army. I have 4 major objectives in this game and they go in this order:

Level 7 Wizard Spire and Level 8 Breeding Den (eventually for the breeding den)

Quests

Economy

Hero Strength ( I feel this is the most important part of this game in regards to skill points. I am at level 35 with a hero strength of 43. I can kill very very effeciently in quests an avoid leveling up from the unnecessary experience points gained from having to strike too many times.)

Gotta get to that level 7 wizard spire though to get those sweet defense units built up.

hydrota
05-06-2012, 10:13 AM
I just sell a few level 1 buildings when I need that extra bump in gold to do a upgrade.

Ghost818
05-06-2012, 10:26 AM
I design my entire strategy around this problem. I saw this from the start.

If you cannot carry large amounts of gold unvaulted you have a flawed strategy. That is the only true test.

You are forgetting the gem players bro. I was flawless for 2 weeks sitting at 350 losses (after constantly getting beat till I finally got the units I wanted) then a gem player came and took 20K cash. If you follow the strategy that I did, farming at the latest available map, you will be fine from all normal players. My stats are 11588 attack and 15315 defense NO GEMS:)

Freekizh
05-06-2012, 10:31 AM
You are forgetting the gem players bro. I was flawless for 2 weeks sitting at 350 losses (after constantly getting beat till I finally got the units I wanted) then a gem player came and took 20K cash. If you follow the strategy that I did, farming at the latest available map, you will be fine from all normal players. My stats are 11588 attack and 15315 defense NO GEMS:)

Bro I do keep the gem players out and I am free too - Remember I am not on level 50. There are below level 50 free players that can keep gem players out.

I think we should continually question all theories until proven, and I think this is a nice test. The game is early yet.

URDead
05-06-2012, 10:46 AM
I design my entire strategy around this problem.

If you cannot carry large amounts of gold unvaulted you have a flawed strategy. That is the only true test.

Besides top gem players - I have only seen a handful that can do this.

What are you talking about? I have an end game strategy that will put me well above the average and I believe even above the above average. The problem, is that I am not going to waste my time money on things I am not going to need in the longer term. So right now, yes, I may not have the best weapons possible. But, I do farm the later maps though I do find the drops are not as consistent as they are in the actual story line. however, in about 10 days I am going to have a defense in the 3,200 + range with only 23 allies at probably level 38-40. Then, I focus on economy and buying my units and weapons and increasing my army size. but by that point, it will be exponentially faster than most others because of a good foundation. Stay tuned! Or, add me as an ally so you can watch the progress. :)

Freekizh
05-06-2012, 10:51 AM
@urdead

Bro, what I am saying is that the high upgrade is a classic external validity test - or a method to make sure your end game strategy is working for you. I am not saying mine is the only solution or there is only one solution. I am just trying to avoid drinking the Kool-Aid.

I did not mean to offend anyone! And I am sorry if I unintentionally offended anyone. Ally me bud :)

hydrota
05-06-2012, 11:09 AM
everyone throws the word endgame around, if thats the case everyone will be equal eventually and all my attack skill points will defeat everyone when they all have hero points. *sarcastic* sorta

Freekizh
05-06-2012, 11:14 AM
everyone throws the word endgame around, if thats the case everyone will be equal eventually and all my attack skill points will defeat everyone when they all have hero points. *sarcastic* sorta

The maths is pretty simple there - whether people are adding loot attack points faster than you are adding attack skills points.

Do you know exactly how much attack points you are adding?