PDA

View Full Version : My biggest problem with the game

Tramp78
05-04-2012, 08:18 AM
You don't stand a chance if you don't spend real cash.

I'm a level 85.
Attack - 7107
Defense - 8436

Not too bad. Abourt par for the course. But over the last week I've lost about $4 million (that I was saving to build something) from raids from people with very similar levels but massivly larger attack and defense ratings.

One guy was 86, 12,433 and 13,266 attack and defense.
another was 86, 14,372 and 23683

How did they do that? Well they spent real money to buy gold and then ramped up their units to kill anyone at their level that had not done the same. Then they took the Valor points and bought more units that made them even bigger. Now all they have to do is attack ANY rival and they can pretty much assume they can kick their butt because they are two to five times more powerful than the other guy is.

This sucks.

If these guys can wail on me I should be able to go wail on some random level 20 player. Or the definition of "Rival" should include matching attack and defense levels instead of JUST your main level.

RonaldPVincent
05-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Looks to me like you leveled up too quickly.

You also have obviously failed to have a sufficient vault for that level or you simply are making too much $$$.

I have roughtly the same stats but Im at level 60. Ive spent 0 dollars on gold.

By the time I get up to the big boys I should have the means to defend myself.

I rarely get raided and lose anything.

el_gringo
05-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Yeah how many allies do you have? Those att/def stats look very low for you level, unless you have a small number of allies.

Tramp78
05-04-2012, 09:05 AM
allies - 288

umayos_ka123@yahoo.com
05-04-2012, 09:10 AM
you need to upgrade your vault. Use that 4M to buy units and i assure you you'll add 2k on your offense & defense

Aidan
05-04-2012, 09:11 AM
For 288 allies, that is pretty low actually. You obviously have level up too quickly.
It's not that hard actually for a free player to have 7200 attack with only 50 allies.

CAPT.GIN
05-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Just keep buying a lot of inventory... The more you buy the better your stats get... First build up your defense stats then work on the attack... I had the same proublem the first time I played the game then started over... Maybe you don't wanna do that, but it may be the best thing to do... Also don't forget about tapjoy (free gold).... Use that to get some nice gold items...

Arizona
05-04-2012, 09:23 AM

I'm a level 85.
Attack - 7107
Defense - 8436

Not too bad. Abourt par for the course. But over the last week I've lost about $4 million (that I was saving to build something) from raids from people with very similar levels but massivly larger attack and defense ratings.

I have to disagree. You stand a very good chance and without spending cash. (Until way into the 100+ mark)

Your stats are very poor for your level. I'm 25 levels lower than you, I haven't spent cash in this game, but I have much higher stats that you. I've seen people here with higher stats than you.
How can you lose $4m? Build a bigger vault or you get what you deserve. You leave cash lying around, someones gonna visit you.

Rethink your strategy and read as many posts on here as you can. There's an abundance of posts dealing with strategy. Just search for the FNG guide as a starter. You'll gain a wealth of in game knowledge and enjoy the game a lot more.

manbeast
05-04-2012, 09:28 AM
i have never spent a cent on this game and look at my stats. w/ 360 allies.

you are way low man. u have any valor units at all? if your a free player, stats come from valor units. stop doing pve and do a lot of pvp. attacking, not raiding.

only way to build an army w/ ur economy in this game is to camp for ages.

StuN
05-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Not sure how you got so high with such low att/def without getting attacked more often. Those figures are definitely not "par for the course" I'm at the same lvl as you with a 20k att, 30k def & I still consider that too low to move on.

Ducati
05-04-2012, 09:43 AM

Very true, i love my W/L ratio stats thats going to bo ruined when I enter the Jaws territory :-(

Aidan
05-04-2012, 09:56 AM
That statement is true for L100 and above. Below that you can still dominate and have fun as a free player

Ducati
05-04-2012, 09:59 AM
That statement is true for L100 and above. Below that you can still dominate and have fun as a free player
Lol so in my case it is game over at lvl 100 :-)

Aidan
05-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Looks like funzio listened to your pray and increase the whale territory... Congrats

Ducati
05-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Looks like funzio listened to your pray and increase the whale territory... Congrats
Sounds good to me

RonaldPVincent
05-04-2012, 10:24 AM
i have never spent a cent on this game and look at my stats. w/ 360 allies.

you are way low man. u have any valor units at all? if your a free player, stats come from valor units. stop doing pve and do a lot of pvp. attacking, not raiding.

only way to build an army w/ ur economy in this game is to camp for ages.

His problem at his current level is the lack of juicy targets for attack. Not being able to farm will cost him dearly. As you pointed out a strong contingent valor units is quite necessary. If he attacks even questionably close foes he'll become a target himself.

Jp lfs
05-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Don't take it so personally. Or make it personal. Wanting to go beat on a level 20 player doesn't sound like the right attitude. Slow down a little, increase your unit density, and focus on defending yourself and your money. You can compete and even excel if you take some of the advice listed on this forum FOR FREE. There are a lot of senior members on here that are free players, and have excellent stats. It is possible, just adjust a little?

el_gringo
05-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Yeah your stats are very weak for your level/allies, free player or not.

If I would you I would not go a single step further for a good while, spend what money you can on defensive units first until you find yourself being raided and attacked less, and then move onto worrying about attacking and building up valour units. Don't pve and don't attack anyone. Try to get rid of some allies (although I understand a higher ally count is better once you hit lv100) and try not to complete building quests (e.g upgrade a silo to lv 9) unless you really feel you need to.

FWIW most of the free players around the 110 ally range at half your level have visible stats of 4-5k defense.

Poopenshire
05-04-2012, 11:35 AM
I am in that level area right now, my att is low with 24k, but my def is at 31K. I spent a little on gold, but not much, I have 4 buildings and some crates. I have spent my money on units that will specifically increase my defense. I will concentrate on building my offense in a bit, not ready yet until my def is over 35K. I just leveled from 85 to 86, and I don't want to go over 90 with out 40K defense at least. Like I said I am no longer a Free player, but I am a very small gold, that includes tapjoy gold. 377 Allies.

CAPT.GIN
05-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Haha were all telling him the same thing but with different words...

Maverick50727
05-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Looks to me like you leveled up too quickly.

You also have obviously failed to have a sufficient vault for that level or you simply are making too much $$$.

I have roughtly the same stats but Im at level 60. Ive spent 0 dollars on gold.

By the time I get up to the big boys I should have the means to defend myself.

I rarely get raided and lose anything.
I'm a senior member. I sent you private message you might want to read. You may not like it, but it will be informative.

You can compete as a "free" player up to a certain point but you really have to use your head and every advantage you can get. Economy will be your best ally in the long term so you can build a good army and replace losses, but be ready to be a target if you have a big economy too. People will come take it from you. Key there is max vault, prompt collections times and never leave large sums over you vault for long.

Bronson
05-04-2012, 12:50 PM
You can compete as a "free" player up to a certain point but you really have to use your head and every advantage you can get. Economy will be your best ally in the long term so you can build a good army and replace losses, but be ready to be a target if you have a big economy too. People will come take it from you. Key there is max vault, prompt collections times and never leave large sums over you vault for long.

Couldn't have said it better myself Mav

Aidan
05-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself Mav

You came here with the intention to hijack dont you but couldnt think of anything. Hah!

Bronson
05-04-2012, 02:58 PM
You came here with the intention to hijack dont you but couldnt think of anything. Hah!

Actually no this was a serious thread but since its dead i guess its fair game now

Nicz
05-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Lvl 85 I had 22k att/40k + def, without gold...u leveled too quickly, and now if I had ur level, u should became my milk valor...