PDA

View Full Version : Just a question - if you know of the top of your head

Sasha54
05-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Don't rail at me for not looking at the loot spreadsheet - it's hard to read on my ipad and I cannot access it at work

so if you know the answer easily - I would just like to know a couple of good farming locations - between Chinatown and Army Base.
I haven't been doing any of the map quests that require me to buy a lot of expensive equipment so maybe that is the issue. I can't afford millions to open something up.

I'm currently only farming at the Boardwalk Shooting Booth and sometimes I go to Chinatown for a cup of Tea - but that drop is not very good lately.

thanks..........

TenderPlacebo
05-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Anything in particular your looking for as far as equipment: armor, guns, vehicles etc?

Sasha54
05-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Anything in particular your looking for as far as equipment: armor, guns, vehicles etc?

Well - I haven't done my analysis for a while based on White Frog's spreadsheet so I do need to update that - but I think my weakest would be vehicles.

Exceleros are not available to me - with RP I basically just concentrate on CW's at the moment. Still getting Rusties from boardwalk.

Whatever will help me be competitive - ha...ha... if possible.........

murf
05-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Don't rail at me for not looking at the loot spreadsheet - it's hard to read on my ipad and I cannot access it at work

so if you know the answer easily - I would just like to know a couple of good farming locations - between Chinatown and Army Base.
I haven't been doing any of the map quests that require me to buy a lot of expensive equipment so maybe that is the issue. I can't afford millions to open something up.

I'm currently only farming at the Boardwalk Shooting Booth and sometimes I go to Chinatown for a cup of Tea - but that drop is not very good lately.

thanks..........

Empire Airport - Control Tower - Nato Gas Mask (4, 18) - .90/100 - $1.0mm buy-in
Empire Central Station - Parking Garage - Bomb Squad Suit (5, 18) - .85/1000 - $2.5mm buy-in
Little San Juan - Santa Maria Church - Spiked Hammer (12, 8) - .72/1000 - $849k buy-in

That's what I see from a quick glance

TenderPlacebo
05-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Well I'll look up vehicles, start with that. There is the low rider at junkyard in case you didnt know, kind of a bad drop rate.
Be right back.

murf
05-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Well I'll look up vehicles, start with that. There is the low rider at junkyard in case you didnt know, kind of a bad drop rate.
Be right back.

It drops .94/1000...when I did farm those, (albeit it was awhile ago) that drop was pretty accurate

I'd wait to farm cars until you open of ECB at Level 103

murf
05-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Well - I haven't done my analysis for a while based on White Frog's spreadsheet so I do need to update that - but I think my weakest would be vehicles.

Exceleros are not available to me - with RP I basically just concentrate on CW's at the moment. Still getting Rusties from boardwalk.

Whatever will help me be competitive - ha...ha... if possible.........

If you are not competitive right now, I'd switch to buying NVB (~300ish) instead of Chain Whips....NVB are near-end game equipment and help you more immediately...if you are ok, then CWs are the way to go.

Sasha54
05-04-2012, 08:00 AM
Empire Airport - Control Tower - Nato Gas Mask (4, 18) - .90/100 - $1.0mm buy-in
Empire Central Station - Parking Garage - Bomb Squad Suit (5, 18) - .85/1000 - $2.5mm buy-in
Little San Juan - Santa Maria Church - Spiked Hammer (12, 8) - .72/1000 - $849k buy-in

That's what I see from a quick glance

I can afford the 1 mil - it just seems a lot when I could put it towards a building but I guess I need to do this eventually. Spiked Hammer - really??

OK - maybe I will try one of these....thks

Sasha54
05-04-2012, 08:03 AM
If you are not competitive right now, I'd switch to buying NVB (~300ish) instead of Chain Whips....NVB are near-end game equipment and help you more immediately...if you are ok, then CWs are the way to go.

I'm pretty OK - I pick my fights carefully and can usually win - I can rob quite easily - YEAH

but I do get robbed if someone decides to stalk me but I don't think from what I've heard I can protect myself much against that.
I might get some more NVB's -currently only have 36 so I know I should have a few hundred - right?

TenderPlacebo
Murf recommended some good ones, I would go with the NATO if your looking for armor. Cheap buy in and drop isn't that bad.
Unless your looking for items that will boost your attack.

Sasha54
Be right back.

I do get that sometimes - also at Auto Row - but not great either
I get more Devilish Taxis at the Junkyard - pretty good rate........and those grey armoured trucks

TenderPlacebo
05-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Yea, as Murf said I would wait on vehicles till you open up Red light district, That way your not replacing those vehicles with end game vehicle, so to speak. I stopped with devilish and just bought camaros, similar stats. I'm also camping, so not farming anything ATM. I guess it depends on how far of you are to that map, and if your gonna be staying there or moving up quickly.

Maniaxe
05-04-2012, 08:22 AM
I have gotten to the point where I am just not farming. The rusted guns are going to get replaced so I just use shooting gallery to get event "boxes" and giant stuffed teddy bears. The Tea Houses green tea is overpriced and I never get a good luck charm.

Everything worth farming is a $600k-1M+/- buy in and is going to be replaced and cause you to level faster, so I have held off and am not really doing any farming at the moment. The drop rates are not great and I am just going to wait until I can open maps with better equipment.

Sasha54
05-04-2012, 08:28 AM
I have gotten to the point where I am just not farming. The rusted guns are going to get replaced so I just use shooting gallery to get event "boxes" and giant stuffed teddy bears. The Tea Houses green tea is overpriced and I never get a good luck charm.

Everything worth farming is a $600k-1M+/- buy in and is going to be replaced and cause you to level faster, so I have held off and am not really doing any farming at the moment. The drop rates are not great and I am just going to wait until I can open maps with better equipment.

OK - so what do you use your energy for. I find the whole campling/crawling thing difficult but I am at the stage where I feel that I should try and stay put and build up by A/D and just level slowly. So I figured I would farm a bit more. I am also doing my TL goals and winning streaks.

I agree the Teahouse isn't great but sometimes when I need a bit of extra cash it spits some out - although lots of XP's.

I'm still doing shooting gallery just because I didn't get many of the non-rusted version BUT - I never got a teddy bear - :mad:

Maniaxe
05-04-2012, 08:42 AM
OK - so what do you use your energy for.
I don't really. I use it when I can not find a box for events and that is all. Depending on how much robbing/attacking you do, it is enough to keep me leveling at a consistent rate and I get a good share of RP plus what I get from PvP goals.
I figure if I can hold my own against my rivals, collect on time, while managing to get to a level with better equipment than why waste time with equipment that will be replaced soon (20+ lvls). For me the rate of XP earned is a downside that outweighs the rate and buy in of drops from our current available maps.

Sasha54
05-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Thanks guys - heading of to San Juan to scope it out.....:cool: