PDA

View Full Version : Higher level = getting hit?

rareay84
05-04-2012, 06:44 AM
I keep hearing from the higher-level players, getting hit is a fact of life, and how we should get over it, and maybe plan an economy or timing so it doesn't impact us too much, etc. I know there will always be a bigger fish (especially since I spend very little gold). But is it really a foregone conclusion that once I hit level 142 or whatever, people will sucesfully hit me numerous times a day and I should just focus on other aspects of the game?

Right now I'm lvl 42 and I win 95% of my fights. Do I really need to give up my childish dreams of keeping such a fine record once I cross into deeper waters?

Max Power
05-04-2012, 06:46 AM
I keep hearing from the higher-level players, getting hit is a fact of life, and how we should get over it, and maybe plan an economy or timing so it doesn't impact us too much, etc. I know there will always be a bigger fish (especially since I spend very little gold). But is it really a foregone conclusion that once I hit level 142 or whatever, people will sucesfully hit me numerous times a day and I should just focus on other aspects of the game?

Right now I'm lvl 42 and I win 95% of my fights. Do I really need to give up my childish dreams of keeping such a fine record once I cross into deeper waters?

It's absolutely true. I went from a sea of green on my Times to regular red from the game's big hitters. It also helps that I refuse to drop to 499 mafia. That attracts attention.

Swifty
05-04-2012, 06:51 AM
+1 Max Power

Very hard to defend against rivals with attack > 100k, or in at least one case, 200k.

Guys like Max stand on principle, and I admire them for that. But one can use the bracketology to one's own advantage.

Burn
05-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Forget the record, it is no record, it counts for nothing, because you've beaten no-one.

I have a 99% win rate, and I am equally aware that it is absolutely, 100%, completely, totally and irrevocably meaningless, because I am a low-level bully.

When I hit 142 that record is gone, it is inevitable.

You can wuss out and cower in the baby levels like Hatter ;)

Or you can get to the Shark Pool and take your medicine.

In which case equate what you have done up to now as being nothing more than preparation - the fight doesn't start until you hit the Shark Pool.

Man up soldier :D

Vile Lynn
05-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Do I really need to give up my childish dreams of keeping such a fine record once I cross into deeper waters?

Yes, sorry to say it, but yes... Pretend like you don't care about your win/loss fight stat because, like mine, it will get smashed to bits once players who are 40-50 levels above you farm you because they figure you're so much lower than them that you can't be as strong so you make for an easy target.

Sure there are exceptions, like heavy gold spenders at or near your level, not talking about them being stat killers, just the HLs out of your rivals bracket, and this is just my experience. But, on the lighter side, if you are pretty strong, those HL players that attack & lose... well, they leave a nice link to their hoods with some really cashy buildings to rob!!

These events have helped me back to a sea of green; it's nice!

rareay84
05-04-2012, 09:11 AM
In which case equate what you have done up to now as being nothing more than preparation - the fight doesn't start until you hit the Shark Pool.

Man up soldier :DRoger that Burn. I like a game with a major change down the road to keep things interesting.

Thanks everyone!

SevenO9
05-04-2012, 09:24 AM
...I like a game with a major change down the road to keep things interesting.

This! I am only 105 but on the edge of getting bored.
TL: nearly done
Win/loss: Perfect, but who cares?
Events: Meh. Too many, too little variance

Will now speed level to meet the sharks. Watch out guys, you might be bigger but me got tooth as well ...

Burn
05-04-2012, 09:36 AM
If you want to speed things up, Black Market, Ma Sheng, you get a nice Melee weapon with end-game stats, leaving your R free for Exeleros, you also get a sweet Million in cash. Energy hungry, and Exp heavy, but the pay off is good, and if you are getting bored and want to get up to the nice buildings and robberies at greater pace, it is probably a good way to go.

With props to Ghost for setting me on this path.

G Wiz
05-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Well i feel that atleast with the robbery statistic you can manage that by simply choosing whom you rob. I had planned to keep my lost attempts under 10, however I raged and tried to rob a bigger fish.

it happens.

dudeman
05-04-2012, 09:40 AM
But is it really a foregone conclusion that once I hit level 142 or whatever, people will sucesfully hit me numerous times a day and I should just focus on other aspects of the game?

Yes, once you reach the higher levels you will have to accept being hit numerous times a day. You can still focus on any part of the game you like though.

As for maintaining a respectable fight record, here is some food for thought. I just calculated my fight win percentage for the very first time about a minute ago. I never bothered before because I know it has no impact on anything in the game, so I was never very curious until reading this thread.

At the time of this post, I'm at level 176 (177 by the end of the day) and my fight record is 49,449 fight wins, 3,029 losses. That's a 94% win rate.

I'm still surprised to see that. I get hit often every day, but I think you can only lose 120 fights/day. As long as you invest skill points into stamina and deliver more beat downs than you receive, there should be no problem maintaining a good looking fight record.

G Wiz
05-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Yes, once you reach the higher levels you will have to accept being hit numerous times a day. You can still focus on any part of the game you like though.

As for maintaining a respectable fight record, here is some food for thought. I just calculated my fight win percentage for the very first time about a minute ago. I never bothered before because I know it has no impact on anything in the game, so I was never very curious until reading this thread.

At the time of this post, I'm at level 176 (177 by the end of the day) and my fight record is 49,449 fight wins, 3,029 losses. That's a 94% win rate.

I'm still surprised to see that. I get hit often every day, but I think you can only lose 120 fights/day. As long as you invest skill points into stamina and deliver more beat downs than you receive, there should be no problem maintaining a good looking fight record.I see the best defense is still great offense looking at it that way! Nice!