PDA

View Full Version : swat helmets vs riot shields?

duelblade
05-03-2012, 05:17 PM
so now that im almost finished buying the melee bracket im trying to decide which would be a better defense item in the long run and im hoping you will be able to help me decide.
Im gonna list the pros and cons of each and you tell me what you think.

swat helmet
_ Pros
- cheaper ($18,000 each)
-give 4 attack instead of just 1 allowing me to have a much higher attack buying these
_Cons
-has 4 defense less then the riot shield
- has 8 defense, same as the boxers but 2 less attack meaning boxers will replace them as I win fights.

riot shield
_ Pros
-has a amazing 12 defense each giving me much more defense against getting robbed/attacked
-still give higher defense then pvp armor loot.
_Cons
-is 32,500k each
-only has 1 attack

So what are your opinions? I hate getting robbed/attacked so I was leaning towards swat helmets since I can almost buy 2 for each riot shield. However riot shields will last much longer then swat helmets.

I also thought about buying FBI shields but they're 210k each and I realistically make 500k a day and I still need money for building upgrades

p.p.s how do I balance building upgrades while still buying equipment? thanks

Plumbernick9
05-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Pony up some real cash and buy some gold gear. Otherwise, you're gonna keep getting ****d.

duelblade
05-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Pony up some real cash and buy some gold gear. Otherwise, you're gonna keep getting ****d.

I've already spent $100 into gold crates and it has bumped me up around 5k att @ def but I wanna outfit the rest of my mob.

Jazz
05-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Riot Shields! They will be replaced a lot later. You can eventually replace them with NVB's, which is the only armor item with decent attack that's not really expensive (except FCG)... SWAT Helmets will, as you said in the OP, be easily replaced with boxing trunks...

duelblade
05-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Riot Shields! They will be replaced a lot later. You can eventually replace them with NVB's, which is the only armor item with decent attack that's not really expensive (except FCG)... SWAT Helmets will, as you said in the OP, be easily replaced with boxing trunks...

that's what im thinking however I know nvb are great but they arn't the last respect item shouldn't I buy chain whips for now and buy end game respect armor when I hit level 70 since it will replace nvb?

Coco c
05-03-2012, 05:44 PM
p.p.s how do I balance building upgrades while still buying equipment? thanks[/QUOTE] The way to balance is to do a few cheap longer upgrades on buildings that you think you'll keep-house, ice cream,etc and use your income to beef up your defense while you wait. It might mean a week or two of quasi camping, but you'll notice a big difference. I'm a fan of buying the best that you can afford based on what's available at your level.

Jazz
05-03-2012, 05:46 PM
IMHO the NVB will be better than the FCG until wayyyy endgame. The defense difference doesn't really matter as much because, like others like to say, there will always be a bigger fish/shark. The attack is only 1 point less but the NVB costs wayyy less in terms of RP. Get NVB's, then Whips, then whatever RP items you please (Exelero for me). Of course, if you play long enough, the target will be to have 500x of all the top tier RP items so it's really a matter of which ones to get first.

duelblade
05-03-2012, 05:47 PM
p.p.s how do I balance building upgrades while still buying equipment? thanks The way to balance is to do a few cheap longer upgrades on buildings that you think you'll keep-house, ice cream,etc and use your income to beef up your defense while you wait. It might mean a week or two of quasi camping, but you'll notice a big difference. I'm a fan of buying the best that you can afford based on what's available at your level.[/QUOTE]

what is a "quasi"?

duelblade
05-03-2012, 05:48 PM
IMHO the NVB will be better than the FCG until wayyyy endgame. The defense difference doesn't really matter as much because, like others like to say, there will always be a bigger fish/shark. The attack is only 1 point less but the NVB costs wayyy less in terms of RP. Get NVB's, then Whips, then whatever RP items you please (Exelero for me). Of course, if you play long enough, the target will be to have 500x of all the top tier RP items so it's really a matter of which ones to get first.

so nvb all the way and forget fcg's?

Jazz
05-03-2012, 05:57 PM
No.

Build up to FCG's by purchasing some NVB's first. Eventually the target is to have 500x of all the "top tier" RP equipment. Yes, buy FCG's. But buy some NVB's first.

NVB:FCG, Win more now:Win more later

If you want to play it safe, just get 100x of all mid and top tier RP items.

duelblade
05-03-2012, 05:59 PM
No.

Build up to FCG's by purchasing some NVB's first. Eventually the target is to have 500x of all the "top tier" RP equipment. Yes, buy FCG's. But buy some NVB's first.

NVB:FCG, Win more now:Win more later

If you want to play it safe, just get 100x of all mid and top tier RP items.

so I should still get fcg but nvb are so great that I should get them now so I can use the extra strength I get from them to win rp easier at higher levels and replace them?

dudeman
05-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Forget FCGs until you focus on any other RP item.

Every player I have encountered who has bought a lot of FCGs is weak (unless they bought gold equipment) because they didn't focus on the RP items with good attack value. Any other high tier respect item is a better buy than FCGs.

Jazz
05-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Attack is more important than defense. You can always choose who you attack but you can't choose who attacks you...

Rhino72
05-03-2012, 06:24 PM
so nvb all the way and forget fcg's?

Yes, jazz said it perfectly. You will not replace nvb until possibly way way end game. The rp cost and the stat boost are well worth it up. 250 - 300 is a good target to shoot for. Stock up on those and then switch to chain whips. Skip Yamaha bikes and when you open up the red light district farm empire central buses.

Jazz
05-03-2012, 06:33 PM
The Mini Guide to Spending Respect

1) Save it unless you need it. Why buy 100 Tommy Guns when you can already beat 90% of your mafia bracket? That RP could be better used later for mid/top tier equipement.

2) Skip Yamahas. Exelero's open up later and will not be replaced until your economy can support buying $80M+ Jets. Any RP spent on Yamahas could be better spent otherwise.

3) NVB > FCG for a long, long, time. As explained in previous posts.

That's all I can think of right now, others can add advice if necessary.

Going to sleep now. :)

blondealex
05-03-2012, 06:59 PM
NVB are a great value at mid levels. Remember you will replace them though so 150 or so should do well, then go to Chain Whips. CW's will not be replaced so hard to go wrong there. I'm alternating replacing NVB's and Bikes now and really wish that I hadn't spent so much on both of them.

Max Power
05-03-2012, 06:59 PM
When you can, farm NATO gas masks at the airport tower. Not sure what level the airport opens up at.

murf
05-03-2012, 08:53 PM
so I should still get fcg but nvb are so great that I should get them now so I can use the extra strength I get from them to win rp easier at higher levels and replace them?

Basically, I think the order you buy RP weapons is something like this

buy 250-300 NVB
buy 400-450 Chain Whips
buy 400-450 Exceleros
buy 300 RPGs (the rest will be from event items by that time)
then replace NVB wih FCG

That puts the last one probably 2 years out and at that point you have probably equipped yourself with FBI shields (24D), so that FCG only adds 1A, 3D.

duelblade
05-03-2012, 11:09 PM
thanks guys ill buy nvb but ill put off fcg till end game (if im still around)

as for the swat helmet vs riot shields im gonna go with riot shield since, for a camper anyway defending robs/attacks is more important, like someone said "you get to decide who you attack but not who attacks you"

Dreno33
05-03-2012, 11:31 PM
riot shields riot shields riot shields. MUCH better investment. You always want heavily-weighted defense weapons. And then also heavily-weighted attack weapons. These will be your H-W defense weapons in the armor category(:

duelblade
05-04-2012, 10:03 AM
thanks guys I was also thinking about blast shield but Idk if I could justify 210k each for only 19 def