PDA

View Full Version : Checking In...

L Fizzle
05-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Hey All...

Just checking in with you....

It's been a crazy week here at Funzio. I've been doing a lot of reading and not as much posting because of this.

How's everyone doing?

L Fizzle

Jazz
05-03-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm doing good, thanks. :)

Don't you think you're cramming the events too close to each other?

Boom
05-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Where the scratchers and rare enemies?? Is it gonna come out??? No one ever answered me!!

L Fizzle
05-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Where the scratchers and rare enemies?? Is it gonna come out??? No one ever answered me!!

When I know...you'll know. :)

L Fizzle
I'm doing good, thanks. :)

Don't you think you're cramming the events too close to each other?

Yes...but it's not up to me. I did give them that feedback though.

Burn
Are you now rich? Did you negotiate a small stake in the business when you joined? How much? Watcha gonna spend it on? Don't even pretend you didn't get at least 2 mill from the deal.

Buy crates, but not the current ones, they blow.

;)

L Fizzle
05-03-2012, 02:41 PM
When I know...you'll know. :)

Most likely next week.

Jazz
05-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Yeah Fizzle, what's new at the office since the company was purchased for $200M+?

Boom
05-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Okay so there's still hope!!!

L Fizzle
05-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Yeah Fizzle, what's new at the office since the company was purchased for $200M+?

Nothing really has changed yet. A lot of waiting for information. :P

Ramshutu
05-03-2012, 02:44 PM
How far in the future are events queued? Are they decided on short notice?

L Fizzle
05-03-2012, 02:45 PM
How far in the future are events queued? Are they decided on short notice?

There is a man...with a plan....

That's all I'll say.

Euchred
05-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Pretty good Lauren in event mode,

Any news if the frequent flier event thing that MW is getting is coming to CC?

Ramshutu
05-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Nothing really has changed yet. A lot of waiting for information. :P

And new business cards.... Don't forget the business cards.

Babytway
05-03-2012, 02:47 PM
the events are no problem keep em coming at the steady rate im no sissy i can handle them. nice to see you checking with us CC folk

Ramshutu
05-03-2012, 02:47 PM

That's all I'll say.

Does he look anything like this? :

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8qJjCyN40yE/TpL4_RS5zII/AAAAAAAAAjA/2rYyRj6zXUY/s1600/PalpatinePuzzled.jpg

Boom
05-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Yeah fizz will the thing for MW come for CC?? Trade diamonds or whatever for stuff

L Fizzle
05-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Yeah fizz will the thing for MW come for CC?? Trade diamonds or whatever for stuff

Probs CC first ...then MW....dunno exactly when though.

L Fizzle
05-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Does he look anything like this? :

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8qJjCyN40yE/TpL4_RS5zII/AAAAAAAAAjA/2rYyRj6zXUY/s1600/PalpatinePuzzled.jpg

And no...nothing like that...or i'd never talk to him. :P

Boom
05-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Yay for us!!!

Nicholost
05-03-2012, 03:17 PM
And no...nothing like that...or i'd never talk to him. :P

Does this mean you won't talk to me anymore?

L Fizzle
05-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Does this mean you won't talk to me anymore?

Never!! Ever!

G Wiz
05-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Hey Fizz...thanks for checking up! Glad to know your still there ;) I saw you already touched on event spacing so I'm good.

Gaming Will
05-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Hey Fizzle,

Glad your back, and how's your foot?

:)

Do I have brown stuff on my nose?

Nicholost
05-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Never!! Ever!

Well, you did make it pretty clear that you don't talk to ugly people. :p

Ramshutu
05-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Well, you did make it pretty clear that you don't talk to ugly people. :p

I think it's more the Machiavellian and insatiable quest for power built on the bones and flesh of the innocent that LFizzle doesn't like..

Guess you're out on both counts!

Nicholost
05-03-2012, 03:40 PM
I think it's more the Machiavellian and insatiable quest for power built on the bones and flesh of the innocent that LFizzle doesn't like..

Guess you're out on both counts!

Dang it! And all this time I thought two negatives made a positive. Maybe I just need a tan and a little wrinkle cream?

Ramshutu
05-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Dang it! And all this time I thought two negatives made a positive. Maybe I just need a tan and a little wrinkle cream?

And if you have some sort of protege, don't let him have kids.

erik
05-03-2012, 04:06 PM
I have company coming for a week Saturday Lauren. Can you extend my event timer accordingly or give us a sweet gold sale? :)

ruffy
05-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Hey fizz,

My ticket 88743 is still not solved and it has been 6 days already!
I clicked wrongly and bought cash instead of the 1500 gold...

I have also posted on forums n pm mark still not solved.

Can you help plz?

Thanks

Mrjoeboo
05-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Yes...but it's not up to me. I did give them that feedback though.

Events are very entertaining. Keep them coming.

dudeman
05-03-2012, 05:34 PM

That's all I'll say.

For some reason this made me think of the movie "Grandma's Boy". I think the character "JP" in that movie was based off CCMark. :p

Just kidding.

upsman_17
05-03-2012, 06:04 PM
For some reason this made me think of the movie "Grandma's Boy". I think the character "JP" in that movie was based off CCMark. :p

Just kidding.

:) Lol

Feng1234
05-03-2012, 09:25 PM
I need some food and gold. It's too hard opening brief cases make them easier!

Joe Brown1
05-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Good to have you back on the boards. Appreciate the feedback and enjoying the events.

Bala82
05-04-2012, 07:08 AM
L Fizzle- Any news for Android player about this game or when other funzio game will available ?

Sasha54
05-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Everythings good thanks L.

Except there's this guy keeps robbing me - can you ban him from CC please...........just kiddin;)

well maybe I'm NOT........lol

Giedrius
05-04-2012, 08:25 AM
I have suggestion for frequent flier program: trade in 1000 unopened boxes/briefcases etc. for one of the events main prizes of course with it's bonus. We chose which prize we want. I think 1000 is reasonable. Hardcore players like myself each event end up with 100-200 unused boxes so 1000 wouldn't be free giveaway... After 6.5 events gone I'm probably had less than 1000? L what you think?

beaux
05-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Good to have you back and I vote with Giedrius.

Jazz
05-04-2012, 01:27 PM
I have suggestion for frequent flier program: trade in 1000 unopened boxes/briefcases etc. for one of the events main prizes of course with it's bonus. We chose which prize we want. I think 1000 is reasonable. Hardcore players like myself each event end up with 100-200 unused boxes so 1000 wouldn't be free giveaway... After 6.5 events gone I'm probably had less than 1000? L what you think?

Are you suggesting that the boxes accumulate over the events? Because I don't thinks it's possible to get 1000 boxes in a single event. Sounds like a great idea to me!

Dravak
05-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Fizzle ,Mark, Funzio. give us a break please next week ...
I adore you guys and girls , but when winning the 10th item didn't do anything for me ...
With minimal gold spending , the event is getting a bit stale :( ...

Bring out beter crates or the warwalker ... but no event please ,thank you .

See I even made effort with this post ;)

koralene
05-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Hey Le Fizzle. Just came back from hols im Cabo... chillin out with a little drink in me. I'm relaxed and happy :)

Please let the events come farther apart... they are too close together. Even though... love the final prize.

erik
05-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Even better. Someone toggled my switch. Thanks Funzio.

MaddSkillz
05-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Two weeks with no events would be nice. Going on vacation. Don't think my wife would like the constant gaming. Plus data rates are expensive abroad.

kelvin
05-05-2012, 10:40 PM
This post is fantastic; what you show us is very interesting and is really good written. It’s just great!!
Thanks.......:-)
Buy Gold Bullions (http://www.investingoldnsilver.com/)

The Billionaire
05-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Hey Fizzle

The events are being released way too close to each other and it's ruining the enjoyment I get out of playing Crime City because I’m levelling up a lot quicker than I want to by taking part in the events. I have not purchased any gold bars for the last 2 events because as much as I wanted to take part in them I didn't want to sacrifice the steady growth of my economy. Normally I would purchase around 3000 gold bars when an event got released depending on whether there was a gold sale.

Also can you please get them to sort out the length of the events? I was getting fed up with seeing a "1 week event has been released" only to find the countdown clock was on 4, 5 or 6 days left when I opened the event. Events need to be a minimum of 1 week to collect all 10 objects. I am a very regular player and login in every 3 hours expect when I’m catching some zzzzzz so it's not the fact that I’ve missed the start of the event, its Funzio and their false advertising!!!!

Also I sent some suggestions in a couple of weeks ago but never heard anything back. The stats page and inventory could really be improved to better the game satisfaction. Everyone loves looking at stats and the current inventory layout is shocking because there's no order to it. Please find below my suggestions which have been expanded slightly since I sent them in because I started a thread and got some really good feedback. I work in IT so I understand the development process that needs to be followed before something new is implemented, it would just be nice to have a reply to say yay or nay to some of the suggestions I made otherwise why bother making suggestions!! And who better to make suggestions than this community of expert and regular players on this forum.

A happy customer base is a profitable customer base. The more features and user friendly the game is, the more addicted your customer base will become.

As the community manager I look forward to reading your reply.

Many Thanks
The Billionaire aka Avon Barksdale
iPhone Hood - The Billionaire - Level 81 - Att = 16887 - Def = 18845 - IPH $78710
iPad Hood - Avon Barksdale - Level 18 - Att = 12032 - Def = 10435 - IPH $21021

Dear Funzio,

I am a very regular player of Crime City and think it’s one of the best apps I’ve ever played. Therefore I have a number of suggestions that I think would greatly improve the customer’s in-game experience.

 Our ‘Inventory’ should be sorted by how powerful each weapon is and list the weapons in order from the most powerful to the least powerful.
 I hate the fact that my ‘Inventory’ has so many weapons in it and a lot of them don’t get used by my mafia. I think each player should have an ‘Armory’ where they can store weapons that aren’t being used by their mafia. Alternatively give players the option to sell weapons in a similar format to selling buildings etc. I know this will complicate things when doing the missions in the map area's hence why I think the armory is a much better idea.
 Get rid of the ‘Loot’ tab, all the loot weapons are displayed under each category anyway. You could use this space as the ‘Armory’ for players to move the equipment into that they don’t want to or isn’t using by their mafia.
 I think you could make the ‘Stats’ page a lot more useful. I think you should do away with the ‘# of weapons’ and break it down a bit more to show the following - # of guns, # of melee, # of explosives, # of armor & # of vehicles. I’ve created a spreadsheet which I’m currently having to update every week to make sure my mafia is fully equipped with a piece of equipment from each category. By having the number of guns, melee, explosives, armor and vehicles as a ‘Stat’ on our ‘Profile’ page would enable every player to see which categories their mafia isn’t fully equipped in. This would also enable players to grow their ‘Inventory’ at the same rate they grow their mafia.
 Obviously space is short on the ‘Stats’ page but by moving the ‘Class’ info to the line below the mafia code would create space for the extra couple of lines needed to show the # of guns, # of melee, # of explosives, # of armor & # of vehicles.
 On the ‘Menu’ I think you should swap the position of the ‘Add Funds’ button with the ‘News’ button. I use the ‘News’ button quite a lot to take revenge on people who have robbed my hood and therefore it would be a lot easier if it was on the first ‘Menu’ page.
 I think you should be able to upgrade money buildings and defence buildings at the same time
 I think you should have a cheaper ‘gold’ explosive available. Having the hellfire missile at 150 gold bars as the cheapest gold explosive isn’t very friendly
 The 'My Mob' list needs sorting because it's not very user friendly. It's torture to search through!!! I've got 30 people who I’ve introduced to Crime City and regularly visit their hood to view their progress. Its torture scrolling through my 500 mafia members to find the ones who I wish to visit and lately I’ve given up using this feature. As far as I can work out the VIP tab is useless and barely used. Why not replace this tab with a "Mafia Bosses" tab where players are able to move their favourite mafia members into. This would make it a lot easier to visit our friend’s hood.

I also play Crime City on my iPad but it doesn’t perform as well as the app on my iPhone. Please can you investigate the following?
 When I visit other people’s hoods their decorations aren’t shown. Only buildings are visible.

Lastly, why not have a login feature for the app? Maybe players would be able to have 2 hoods on one device?? You'd double your income overnight lol and if you feel the need to offer me a job to move the business forward I’m sure we could agree on a reasonable IPH for my services lol

Feng1234
05-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Great suggestions though I'd disagree with some but very good especially the inventory one

Chukuli
05-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Can give us a 2nd attempt on those open boxes event in the past like lockbox or wall safe?

Jazz
05-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Clean out the Announcements section; it's full of outdated threads/updates.

cookies
05-07-2012, 01:29 AM
Not well, thank you.
Event items are ruining the game.

G Wiz
05-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Not enjoying this.

I can't even get a 5th document.

Hacksaw Paul
05-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Yeah ditto, doing slightly better, but stuck on 8 for what seems like an eternity! These events are virtually impossible without spending out money on gold, which in itself is no real guarantee unless you have very deep pockets.
Ah well I will look forward to the next event and the dissapointment of not getting bugger all out of that one too!!

cookies
05-07-2012, 11:34 AM
..., which in itself is no real guarantee unless you have very deep pockets.

This.
Add to that, that 1500 gold are costing 80€ here (~112 USD) to maybe be getting a single item in a game. Now put that into perspective with most AAA PC gaming titles going for around 60€.

With event items being as unbalanced as they are, every single event is making the game less desirable to play.

BryanBallew
05-07-2012, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't want to slow the events. The only advantage to that would be saving game money. Even that doesn't stand because sometimes there are great prizes even without sacrificing game money to play.

The Billionaire
05-07-2012, 01:30 PM
I think it should be changed back to 10 gold bars to open the event item and 15 gold bars to reset the timer. I've stopped using gold on the events since it went up to 15 Gold bars.

sez
05-07-2012, 01:54 PM
This.
Add to that, that 1500 gold are costing 80€ here (~112 USD) to maybe be getting a single item in a game. Now put that into perspective with most AAA PC gaming titles going for around 60€.

With event items being as unbalanced as they are, every single event is making the game less desirable to play.

+1 I agree completely. It's even worse knowing that other players get free banking, 60% faster energy regen, 100 extra attack points, faster building upgrades, etc. Its crap! when I see players who have EVERY item I attack them non-stop. I have 2 end items, the sig and the dice. I know thats 2 more then some people but im still po'd about not having any chance to get 10 of whatever. I think its pre-determined who will get the item, you can break that buy using gold but i've personaly been told about some players who have spent over 4000 gold and not gotten the item. Thats major BS, they will then open a ticket with Funzio, Funzio then will say "that doesn't sound right, heres an extra 20 million of in game cash in your bank, we're sorry".

Havoc
05-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Wow funzio I've spent over 1500 gold on this briefcase event I've never spent money like that before on a game and won't do it again. I've been at 9 case for over 4 days with one day left still no number ten. This system is rigged. Oh well lesson learned. I erge people not to buy gold for use on events it's futile.

flesheone151
05-08-2012, 06:44 AM
hi gm wats going on my friend that plays the game is going through event right now but for some reason i don't get it on my android version wats going on?? he has iphone and is getting briefcase event any reason why i don't get it on my android app?

CounterSniper
05-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Android is still being integrated into the fold. It takes time. But it will happen, eventually.

firstaid
05-08-2012, 07:56 AM
tell us about new events

The Billionaire
05-08-2012, 11:41 AM
No word from Fizzle, i'm guessing she wasn't in the office today! Maybe she'll check in tomorrow.

Looking forward to hearing from you Fizzle!!!!

cookies
05-09-2012, 02:10 AM
9/10 briefcases.
I'm done playing. Thanks for all the fish ^_^

Sasha54
05-09-2012, 12:04 PM
+1 I agree completely. It's even worse knowing that other players get free banking, 60% faster energy regen, 100 extra attack points, faster building upgrades, etc. Its crap! when I see players who have EVERY item I attack them non-stop. I have 2 end items, the sig and the dice. I know thats 2 more then some people but im still po'd about not having any chance to get 10 of whatever. I think its pre-determined who will get the item, you can break that buy using gold but i've personaly been told about some players who have spent over 4000 gold and not gotten the item. Thats major BS, they will then open a ticket with Funzio, Funzio then will say "that doesn't sound right, heres an extra 20 million of in game cash in your bank, we're sorry".

What do you mean by pre-determined?
Some have got by using no gold at all, some with all gold, and some with a combination.

just wondering? But there is something weird going on with the last 2 events for sure.

L Fizzle
05-09-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm here....as you know...things are crazy around here. What do you guys need?

(Please don't list an issue that can be handled by emailing support@funzio.com)

Nicholost
05-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Fizzle! Jeez, it's been so long that I almost forgot how to spell that. :p Good to see ya back, kid.

Giedrius
05-09-2012, 01:54 PM

ETA about new stuff IE scratchers/bosses...

Boom
05-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Yes tell us about the scratchers pls!!!

L Fizzle
05-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Fizzle! Jeez, it's been so long that I almost forgot how to spell that. :p Good to see ya back, kid.

I'm no kid...you're a kid, kid. :P

dudeman
05-09-2012, 02:17 PM

That email still works?

Boom
05-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Dudeman that's the only one that still works....

dudeman
05-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Dudeman that's the only one that still works....

I know it works, that was a rhetorical question.

Boom
05-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Well now I'm stupid

Nicholost
05-09-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm no kid...you're a kid, kid. :P

Sorry, I thought we were about the same age... pal? :p

L Fizzle
05-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Sorry, I thought we were about the same age... pal? :p

Haha...we probs are.

Vile Lynn
05-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Another "name this LE item" contest & poll?
Those are awesome!

Keep up the great work & don't go crazy!

sez
05-09-2012, 03:27 PM
What do you mean by pre-determined?
Some have got by using no gold at all, some with all gold, and some with a combination.

just wondering? But there is something weird going on with the last 2 events for sure.

What I mean is it's pre-determined by code. Not by anything personal. There was a good post with a link to a tech article. In the article it talks about the mechanism these events use and that these types of events could be illegal in the future, possibly near future.

Paulio
05-09-2012, 04:52 PM
No wonder, that's probs why they're dishing em out so fast.

AppleMacGuy
05-10-2012, 07:19 AM
What I mean is it's pre-determined by code. Not by anything personal. There was a good post with a link to a tech article. In the article it talks about the mechanism these events use and that these types of events could be illegal in the future, possibly near future.

Do you have a link to this article? Thanks.

sez
05-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Do you have a link to this article? Thanks.

It's in the "Funzio sold for 210 million" thread.

AppleMacGuy
05-10-2012, 07:53 AM
It's in the "Funzio sold for 210 million" thread.

Thanks! :D

AppleMacGuy
05-10-2012, 08:06 AM

Reading that article, the legal status of these events (called 'gacha') only applies to Japan and points out that the loss of revenue due to a ban or the imposition of regulation would have a severe impact on the revenues of the big Japanese social gaming players, particularly Zynga and GREE. Hence why they are looking to expand overseas by making acquisitions.

BOS
05-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Reading that article, the legal status of these events (called 'gacha') only applies to Japan and points out that the loss of revenue due to a ban or the imposition of regulation would have a severe impact on the revenues of the big Japanese social gaming players, particularly Zynga and GREE. Hence why they are looking to expand overseas by making acquisitions.

I find the name ironic, gacha (I read Got-cha) lol

sez
05-10-2012, 08:28 AM

You don't think eventually it will trickle over here? Also there bleeding money.

BOS
05-10-2012, 08:32 AM
You don't think eventually it will trickle over here? Also there bleeding money.

I think there is a high chance it will trickle over here. IMO the US has a "tougher" stance on virtual gaming, ie the ban of online poker (which sucks...)

sez
05-10-2012, 08:35 AM
I think there is a high chance it will trickle over here. IMO the US has a "tougher" stance on virtual gaming, ie the ban of online poker (which sucks...)

Agreed 100% most pro on-line poker players have had to move to Canada.

CounterSniper
05-10-2012, 08:36 AM

I'm frankly shocked that these types of games haven't been "regulated" yet over here.

Someone has likely been bribing...I mean lobbying our elected representatives. idk

deuces
05-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Agreed 100% most pro on-line poker players have had to move to Canada.

<-----moved to vancouver a couple months ago to grind before the WSOP.

BOS
05-10-2012, 12:06 PM
<-----moved to vancouver a couple months ago to grind before the WSOP.

I would love to play full time, however, the wife and kid thing kinda throw a wrench in that equation...

How's life as a pro?

deuces
05-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Iono, pretty good i guess. The last year has been interesting, i was setup pretty well so its been a lot easier for me than 95% of my poker friends. Hopefully a deal happens with pokerstars buying ftp and we'll get paid back pretty quickly, and things will start looking up.

Hard way to make an easy living as some poker broadcaster (mike sexton?) always says. The last year of traveling around rather than the easy life of grinding online has definitely been an eye opener for a lot.

BOS
05-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Cool deuces, good luck with all the donks out there :)

kykboxr
05-10-2012, 01:02 PM

You're dealing with gambling, not gaming. Same goes with online sportsbooks.

Swifty
05-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Just checking in to see if anything is going on.