PDA

View Full Version : Its pretty sad that....

crybaby
05-03-2012, 02:28 PM
It feels bad when you have questions to ask or things you don't understand and you come to this forum looking for help and there is all these posts about noob this, and noob that. Or if you ask a question and someone answers you like your stupid, or complains because the question has been asked a few times before. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but my mom always said, "no question is a stupid question". After all, this is the Funzio forum where people are supposed to be able to ask for help, without being made to feel stupid or called a "noob". It also states in the posting guidelines not to insult or deride any player or staff member. So the next time someone new has a question maybe everyone should stop and remember that, you were new to the game once too....Just saying

Nicholost
05-03-2012, 02:34 PM
STF. This topic has been covered already.

:p

Bruce_law
05-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Its because some people dont know how to use the search system of the forum.

Just saying.

Babytway
05-03-2012, 02:42 PM
no wonder your name is crybaby

Burn
05-03-2012, 02:44 PM
got to chuckle at a thread looking for sympathy getting only abuse :D

to OP, requests for help are usually answered, unless you have proved yourself too damn lazy to search through the mass of info in the archives by asking something dumb or that has been covered multipe times before in multiple threads

Fig Oni
05-03-2012, 02:44 PM

:p

LOL with tears in my eyes.

Dravak
05-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Well call it shennigan with search function , cause the number of where can I farm M4A1 or look have a new glitch .
The numbers of PM is ridiculous ..

So don't worry CB :p people are trying to form there own small clans , like noodles and payam .
Just once somebody got hit by big money spender , they all turn the other way feigning afk ;)

Oh yeah different rules for different users , cause it is a private owned forum .
Like any other forums out there , some users can get away with a lot , others can't.
But that has become the norm anyway , on all the major forums .

crybaby
05-03-2012, 02:46 PM

:pReally? Because I probably wasn't here then. And "STF" did you forget the U?

Boom
05-03-2012, 02:46 PM
And u call me rude fig!!! :P

MajorOffensive
05-03-2012, 02:48 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

To the internets, I mean.

upsman_17
05-03-2012, 02:49 PM
:,(

Fig Oni
05-03-2012, 02:50 PM
And u call me rude fig!!! :P
Still LOL with tear in my eyes.

blondealex
05-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Well call it shennigan with search function , cause the number of where can I farm M4A1 or look have a new glitch .
The numbers of PM is ridiculous ..

So don't worry CB :p people are trying to form there own small clans , like noodles and payam .
Just once somebody got hit by big money spender , they all turn the other way feigning afk ;)

Oh yeah different rules for different users , cause it is a private owned forum .
Like any other forums out there , some users can get away with a lot , others can't.
But that has become the norm anyway , on all the major forums .
What's the M4A1? Where can I get them?

crybaby
05-03-2012, 02:58 PM
This post was not for myself. I've taken much time reading all of the info, help guides, spreadsheets, and almost every thread on this forum. It was just an observation. And matter of fact, I proved my point. Thanks

upsman_17
05-03-2012, 02:59 PM
It also says in the posting guidlines:

Section 3; Subchapter S: Thou shalt not whine on a public forum on Thursday evening while maintaining an avatar featuring a sad teary eye. It brings down the moral of all forum participants.

You have broken said rule. Consider this your warning.

Fig Oni
05-03-2012, 03:03 PM
What's the M4A1? Where can I get them?

It was a gun that came in 2 event once disguised in gold and another time disguised in green.
Last time we had news from the M4 it was lying in the bottom of the bering sea and has now turned rusty and not useful.
So crime city brought the rusty version from russia and now they are available in a loot spot near you.

Nicholost
05-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Really? Because I probably wasn't here then. And "STF" did you forget the U?

STF stands for Search The Forums. If you had STF already for STF, you would know this.

Again: :p

Burn
05-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Class Nicholost, pure class :D

Crime City Mark
05-03-2012, 03:20 PM
no wonder your name is crybaby

That's a violation of the forum rules. Try being nice.

Crime City Mark
05-03-2012, 03:21 PM

Section 3; Subchapter S: Thou shalt not whine on a public forum on Thursday evening while maintaining an avatar featuring a sad teary eye. It brings down the moral of all forum participants.

Don't make up rules. Don't issue warnings. Don't violate the posting guidelines. The word you were looking for was "morale".

Crime City Mark
05-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Let's try this one again with a little bit of decency, huh?

Fig Oni
05-03-2012, 03:22 PM
STF stands for Search The Forums. If you had STF already for STF, you would know this.

Again: :p

I got that straight away, but you should have let it played along a bit longer.

Gaming Will
05-03-2012, 03:25 PM
@OP.

I have seen wwwaaaayyy more forum folk be nice to the "noobs". There are sometimes rude posts if there is a current thread about the same dern thing at the same time. For the most part, the forum is great about welcoming new people. You again have to realize that a ton of new people (mainly from droid conversion) joined at the same time. Keep your head up and hopefully things will calm down.

crybaby
05-03-2012, 03:25 PM

Again: :p I have searched the forums and nowhere in there is there a help topic for gamer lingo :p and just some food for thought, just because someone is new to the game/forum, does not necessarily mean they are new to computers/internet. I myself have built, designed and coded a few websights. And also repair computers in my spare time, and when I'm feeling well enough to make extra cash. So lets say this, never judge a person by their eye, or SN. :cool:

crybaby
05-03-2012, 03:28 PM
@OP.

I have seen wwwaaaayyy more forum folk be nice to the "noobs". There are sometimes rude posts if there is a current thread about the same dern thing at the same time. For the most part, the forum is great about welcoming new people. You again have to realize that a ton of new people (mainly from droid conversion) joined at the same time. Keep your head up and hopefully things will calm down.TY, that most definately made me smile :D

Burn
05-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Is a websight like an Opticians for spiders?

And I agree with Will, most responses here are positive and helpful.

Nicholost
05-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Let's try this one again with a little bit of decency, huh?

Okay, attempt #2. I've found the most effective way to help new players is to link them to the answer for their question rather than answer it, assuming it's a common or easy question. This is especially true now that the great Google chooses forums as a great result for search results. It's horribly frustrating to search for something technical and work-related in Google only to be directed to a thread where the first response is "this comes up a lot, search the forums first." I replied in this manner with a little tongue in cheek. Hence my: :p. But honestly, if you have the time and can find the thread where you saw the question answered really well or there was a good discussion on the topic, post the link for the OP. I keeps the knowledge more centralized and makes the new person do the leg work rather than you doing it for them (i.e. posting a long response).

upsman_17
05-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Don't make up rules. Don't issue warnings. Don't violate the posting guidelines. The word you were looking for was "morale".

Apologies. And thank you for the grammar lesson. I'm sure you have NEVER missed a keystroke. I'm pretty sure everyone who read that could tell it was tongue in cheek.

crybaby
05-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Is a websight like an Opticians for spiders?

And I agree with Will, most responses here are positive and helpful. nor did I claim to be the winner of any spelling bee's....

moparland
05-03-2012, 04:23 PM
I found everyone here to be pretty nice and helpful. I know ive asked my share of noob questions. This forum was pretty easy to jump into, special thanks to G Wiz never ending story thread :) very entertaining and now i know u all r crazy like me

Sasha54
05-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Wow - I know there's a full moon coming up but what's everyone so grumpy about - I don't recall such meanness before - sarcasm yes .....but not this

I ask a lot of dumb questions myself and I think that there is a lot of repetition of questions because there is a lot of info out there and sometimes it's tedious to sift through

Maybe I'm missing something - if so then none of my business and I wil STFU

I do think however that the combination of android/iOS forum was a mistake

CounterSniper
05-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Did I miss something cuz I spend a lot of time nicely answering repetitive questions and everyone knows how mean and angry i am about everything (though I'm actually not)so unless someone dumped on the OP or a close friend in here in the last 6 hours or so I call BS!

Max Power
05-03-2012, 07:12 PM

Give her credit. Her mascara is not running.

Swifty
05-03-2012, 07:24 PM
I usually start with RTFM. Then I try to be helpful.

And while CCMark may be correct about morale, it also brings down the morals of the forum.

murf
05-03-2012, 08:06 PM
It feels bad when you have questions to ask or things you don't understand and you come to this forum looking for help and there is all these posts about noob this, and noob that. Or if you ask a question and someone answers you like your stupid, or complains because the question has been asked a few times before. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but my mom always said, "no question is a stupid question". After all, this is the Funzio forum where people are supposed to be able to ask for help, without being made to feel stupid or called a "noob". It also states in the posting guidelines not to insult or deride any player or staff member. So the next time someone new has a question maybe everyone should stop and remember that, you were new to the game once too....Just saying

Hey, crybaby, sorry for saying that your question had been answered before...look at my posts, I'm level 185 and I answer all type of 'nooby' questions...however, when I saw your post, I had just seen an identical one about 7-8 threads lower....sorry if you took it the wrong way, but I feel like there is a ton of information on the forum and no one is willing to look for it...I constantly link threads from the best of the best guide....why have stickied threads if no one is willing to look at them.

erik
05-03-2012, 08:12 PM
This thread was officially awesome to read. Thank you to all involved. Especially the noobs. ;)

Lizengar
05-03-2012, 08:28 PM
I think both players and posters have to take a step back and respect each other.

Most good forums have a "Newbie Guide" stickied somewhere. For this case, it was the "Best of the best" topic. It's only proper to read and go through the basics before asking more elaborated questions, again, this is my opinion.

But if the very and bare basic like "OMG how 2 make teh $$$!" without reading anything...it's basically going to a drink stall and asking if they sell drinks. Or going to a cigarette shop and asking if they sell cigarettes. It's all there for you to pick. Unless you want a specific drink or cigarette or that you've totally missed the topic (which happens very often, I do that too. Sometimes I didn't think a specific stickied topic is actually equivalent of a "Newbie Guide"), then feel free to ask.

But again, online forums usually have their fair share of trolls and stuff so don't expect people to hold back.

one man gang
05-03-2012, 08:53 PM
lol @ entire thread..

sometimes you need to search and get your own answers, during this process you will encounter certain jerks, but really does the keyboard comedian/warrior upset you that much?

There is some damn good posters on here IMO

crybaby
05-03-2012, 10:17 PM
lol @ entire thread..

sometimes you need to search and get your own answers, during this process you will encounter certain jerks, but really does the keyboard comedian/warrior upset you that much?

There is some damn good posters on here IMOI agree with you 100% there are many very helpful and patient "HL players" here and I've gotten some wonderful advice. My only point was, try to remember everyone was new at one time or other. And the purpose, as i commented earlier in the thread was there are SoME members that do actually make people feel stupid, and/or discouraged from returning to the forum for advice. And, a few folks really did "show their true colors" so to speak, which proved what I was saying in the first place.

Vile Lynn
05-04-2012, 06:48 AM
I have never been vile to a noob mostly because I feel like one myself :)

upsman_17
05-04-2012, 07:09 AM
I have never been vile to a noob mostly because I feel like one myself :)

I'm fairly certain the jokes on here were not aimed at the OP for being a noob, but instead for posting a thread that amounted to not much more than inviting all to a pity party. Most of us have been guilty of the same thing at one point or another. And you know what, we'll get made fun of for it as well. If our skin is thick enough, we'll roll with the jokes and take them for what they are, tongue in cheek comments from random people on a forum. I don't know the OP personally, but if her "about me" is true then I'm sure all the comments on here combined don't amount to even a blip on her radar.

Did I spell everything correctly that time CCMark?

Swifty
05-04-2012, 07:09 AM
@Vile Lynn

You have always been nice to this noob.

Sasha54
05-04-2012, 07:12 AM
This thread was officially awesome to read. Thank you to all involved. Especially the noobs. ;)

hi Erik,

When do you think one crosses the line from noob to no-noob;)

Sasha54
05-04-2012, 07:14 AM
I'm fairly certain the jokes on here were not aimed at the OP for being a noob, but instead for posting a thread that amounted to not much more than inviting all to a pity party. Most of us have been guilty of the same thing at one point or another. And you know what, we'll get made fun of for it as well. If our skin is thick enough, we'll roll with the jokes and take them for what they are, tongue in cheek comments from random people on a forum. I don't know the OP personally, but if her "about me" is true then I'm sure all the comments on here combined don't amount to even a blip on her radar.

Did I spell everything correctly that time CCMark?

You're right!

Joe Brown1
05-04-2012, 07:43 AM
CB most of the time when someone aks's a "stupid" question they will get an genuine answer along with some sarcastic comments. Overall, the forum has been incredibly helpful to me all along. If people can't sift through the sarcastic or mean comments to see the helpful ones, then that is their problem. Also, a few sarcastic or mean comments may serve as motivation for people to use the search function. The best phrasing I have seen when asking a question you might feel is obvious to senior members is "I've tried to search but couldn't find the answer, does anyone know how to . . . or a thread for . . . " If your going to jump into the forum, you gotta learn to swim:cool:

crybaby
05-04-2012, 08:12 AM

Did I spell everything correctly that time CCMark?My "about me" is 100% true..I could get ya a Dr 's note if that would help ;) and it said tell us about yourself so I did, and also to let others know how I got my nickname "crybaby". Your right, this is far from even a blip on my radar, but once again I say this post was not about me specifically, just players new to the game in general. Everyone knows its frustrating to answer the same questions repetitively, trust me i know, but a little bit of understanding and common courtesy goes along way. That was all I was trying to say. Ive gotten alot of very helpful advice from this forum and most members. This post was in NOWAY asking for a "pity party", simply an observation and maybe a little bit of an experiment, and the reply/results proved what I stated in the original post to be true.

upsman_17
05-04-2012, 08:44 AM
the reply/results proved what I stated in the original post to be true.

I still don't think you are getting it. I see "noobs" and others asking basic questions and getting positive answers ALL THE TIME. Every so often you will get a sarcastic comment here and there, but as others have pointed out you just need to sift through those to get to the meat. There is much more positive response than negative. And BTW, your post proved nothing because your post did not ask for any specific advice that you claim others are unwilling to give positive responses to. The only thing it proved was my point that if you post a whiney thread you are more likely to get the bulk of the responses to be negative and/or sarcastic. Many people on here use the forum for entertainment as well as information. And when a thread like this pops up, it's going to be open season. And with that in mind, I do thank you for posting this thread. As others have stated, it has been a very comical read.