PDA

View Full Version : Shipyard Location

frenda
05-03-2012, 01:32 PM
I did a quick search and didn't see anything specific to this question, and to be quite honest, I'm not too happy right now, so I don't feel like looking through 50 friggin threads to get the answer. WTF is the location requirement for the shipyard. I built one already and it had to be situated just right. I waited 60 hours to expand to another sector and now the damn thing won't build on that part of the beach front. I'm really frustrated with this crap. I mean really. This has sucked the fun right out of this. It's bad enough the wait times are so ridiculously long. Now I can't even build on the part of the beach I waited so long to expand to. If this is just a glitch, then please fix it. If it's not, then shame on the dev team for building this into the game. I mean really??????

twchung22
05-03-2012, 01:37 PM
i got my shipyard to build the first try...going to expand to the block next to it and get my second shipyard...frenda you can go to my base and check it out if you have any problem with it.

frenda
05-03-2012, 01:39 PM
You know, it's BS that we have to be so careful to have just the right ratio of sand to water, etc... Out of an entire block, my first one could only be positioned in 3 different areas, all adjoining. In my second block, no joy. WTF?

frenda
05-03-2012, 01:42 PM
i got my shipyard to build the first try...going to expand to the block next to it and get my second shipyard...frenda you can go to my base and check it out if you have any problem with it.

did you accept my add? what's your name, you're not coming up in my list.

frenda
05-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Sorry, it was like 46 hours of expansion. So now I have the option of expanding again for 48 hours, just to possibly find out that I can't build on that beachfront property either. FML.

ShawnBB
05-03-2012, 01:52 PM
This is the most further you can go into water.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/ShawnBBB/126f9c79.jpg

And this is the most further you can go into land.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/ShawnBBB/73e86a4d.jpg

Pretty tough to build due to the various bizarre coast line.
Chill frenda, build another money building while waiting for the expansion, it's gonna be fine

MaverickMunkey
05-03-2012, 02:00 PM
ShawnBB -

I Like the trees round the Wizard's Spire!

twchung22
05-03-2012, 02:42 PM
did you accept my add? what's your name, you're not coming up in my list.

It's Thomas, level 24

frenda
05-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Tried to move mine to about the same spot where you have yours, and it doesn't work. And Shawn has his mostly on grass, so that's not the deciding factor either.

frenda
05-03-2012, 02:53 PM
This is the most further you can go into water.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/ShawnBBB/126f9c79.jpg

And this is the most further you can go into land.

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/ShawnBBB/73e86a4d.jpg

Pretty tough to build due to the various bizarre coast line.
Chill frenda, build another money building while waiting for the expansion, it's gonna be fine

My issue is that I don't want to expand just to find out that I can't build there either. In this game, beachfront property does nothing for you, except for placing the two shipyards.

ShawnBB
05-03-2012, 04:14 PM
My issue is that I don't want to expand just to find out that I can't build there either. In this game, beachfront property does nothing for you, except for placing the two shipyards.

Hey, I checked your base through Allie list, it's not that bad, you can squeeze a lot of land buildings in that failed water expansion. I assume sand and grass has no difference, is that so?

ShawnBB -

I Like the trees round the Wizard's Spire!

Hehe,I love them too when I found that out.
how's your nephew doing.:)

MaverickMunkey
05-03-2012, 05:17 PM
how's your nephew doing.:)

Banned from ever touching my phone! The gold player he tapped up came back, gave me a beat down and took $600k as punishment but has since left me alone!

zsqysq
05-04-2012, 03:29 AM
I don't think a 2nd shipyard would worth it. Building the first one is easy. But the 2nd one is very likely to cost a whole new extension, leaving the rest area to nothing but water. I won't be building Playhouse for the same reason. Not until my lands are pretty abundant.

frenda
05-04-2012, 08:00 AM
Well, as Shawn said, you can still fit a bunch of other buildings on the land short of that thin strip of water. And I like beachfront property. ;) Gotta add some trees like Shawn did. :)

heath4pack
05-04-2012, 06:23 PM
check this shiz out...

if you are planning on building the water temple of healing, you have to expand yet again:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l119/brian2k4/7e4720e2-1.jpg

frenda
05-10-2012, 10:14 AM
So now I have 3 squares on the water and am still stuck on my first shipyard. I've contacted Funzio since I tried to expand inland because I guess my most recent expansion doesn't have enough water (really?!?) and when I clicked to confirm the new expansion, it placed it 2 more squares further inland. That happen to anyone? I'm telling you, building a second shipyard is becoming ridiculous. Not even sure I want to try building the Water Temple. It's things like this that take the fun out of the game.

dudeman
05-17-2012, 11:39 AM
So now I have 3 squares on the water and am still stuck on my first shipyard. I've contacted Funzio since I tried to expand inland because I guess my most recent expansion doesn't have enough water (really?!?) and when I clicked to confirm the new expansion, it placed it 2 more squares further inland. That happen to anyone? I'm telling you, building a second shipyard is becoming ridiculous. Not even sure I want to try building the Water Temple. It's things like this that take the fun out of the game.

I'm just camping and messing around, but I did do an expansion that suddenly moved to a different space when I confirmed to expand. I sent in a ticket and was told they can't/won't/don't have the ability to do anything about it.

Real nice.

frenda
05-17-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm just camping and messing around, but I did do an expansion that suddenly moved to a different space when I confirmed to expand. I sent in a ticket and was told they can't/won't/don't have the ability to do anything about it.

Real nice.

INNAT special?!?!? "Once placed, an expansion cannot be moved." Or words to that effect. How do you spell "LAME"?

frenda
05-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Hey Frenda.. will you add me as an ally (code is in my sig)... I'm looking to build a shipyard and I'd like to see which expansion you're talking about that you couldn't build it...

I normally don't add Auburn fans, but I made an exception in your case. ;) I finally was able to build my second, but now I gotta figure out where to build my water temple. Hope you can figure it out from looking at my map.

Njwmrb
05-17-2012, 12:08 PM

Yeah, I had to buy 4 plots of land boarding water to build both ship yards and a temple

P4TR1C14N
05-18-2012, 02:28 AM
Yeah, I had to buy 4 plots of land boarding water to build both ship yards and a temple

Please don't tell me you need partially land for the temple... i'm expanding currently ON the water for that thing.

If that's the case, i lost precious 48hrs, precious 11.000 gold because the game is badly designed.

Is it so difficult to let ppl select a building and drag it over the land or water and let it turn for example green to see where it can be placed. It's only when trying to select 'Build it' button that the developer needs to throw a message that you don't OWN the land.

How difficult can it be...

jackdoggett
05-19-2012, 10:47 AM
With so few buildings to actually create, I found that I have more room than necessary. Expansions are cheaper here than in MW.

Vile Lynn
05-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Please don't tell me you need partially land for the temple... i'm expanding currently ON the water for that thing.

You need an all water square for the Temple; so you did good... Either expand out from the beach to an all-water square or use the water square with that sliver of beach/sand for the Healing Temple.

P4TR1C14N
05-20-2012, 06:29 AM
check this shiz out...

if you are planning on building the water temple of healing, you have to expand yet again:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l119/brian2k4/7e4720e2-1.jpg

I'm exactly doing this at the moment. Thanks Vile Lynn for the answer also.

Vile Lynn
05-20-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm exactly doing this at the moment. Thanks Vile Lynn for the answer also.

You're welcome. :)
Looks good!