PDA

View Full Version : So instead of moaning....

Ramshutu
05-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Rather than complain about the events, I have a suggestion.

Here are my issues:

- I can spend gold on events, but given the amount I have spent on the first few, I have to spend A LOT. And often.
- I have 5 accounts in total across all funzio products. I spend gold on two, for now. Not excessive, but a fair amount. I want to see a return on my investment, if I spend a lot, I want to see a definite increase.
- if I dont spend gold, I expect those that do to have an advantage, but relative to the investment. For these events, spending less than 'a lot' of gold, gives you a minimal gain as rewards < 10 have only a small impact.
- I play on an iPod and iPad, and so have 8 less opens on weekdays than everyone else.
- while I spend gold, I don't want a player who spends 'a bit more' to have a disproportionate advantage over me, likewise i dont want a massive advantage over those who spend less than me, or none at all.

So, rather than moan, I would propose the following changes.

- remove the concept of 'event' and keep it rolling on infinitely (ie an infinite durationevent).
- keep the same concepts of loot boxes, cool off and chances of opening. Keep the with purchase to open and reset.
- Decrease the odds of finding items. Yes, you read correctly. Decrease.
- using gold to open a box should increase the chances of finding the special items, but not to more than the current chances of events to date.
- when you hit 3,5,7,9 and 10 items, you can choose which of the appropriate level items that you want out of a pool. This pool would include all 10 item weapons that have shown up to date. Including the sig.
- when you have chosen a weapon, the cost in items is subtracted from your total number of diamonds/emeralds/wantevers. This could allow you to go for multiple '10s' or lots and lots of '3s,
- add limited edition weapons that will only be available for trade in for a limited period.
- make each emerald/document/diamond, etc purchasable.

This will mean the following:

1.) those that can't log in as often will not loose out, it will just be far slower.
2.) using gold will have a scaling benefit no matter how much, or how little you spend.
3.) free players will be kept happy, and potentially be encourages to smaller increments of bold.
4.) gold players will be kept happy (ish), as they will be able to buy the new items, to hurry things up.

The only problem, is that this may discourage gold use, as getting to N items will be possible for free. However, this is why decreasing the odds of finding items is important. Things should be possible for free, but just very, Very slow.

Fig Oni
05-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Bro usually when I hear moaning, it show I'm doing a good job. hint hint

Ramshutu
05-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Bro usually when I hear moaning, it show I'm doing a good job. hint hint

Speaking as a man, when I hear moaning, it normally means I haven't done the washing up.

mnju_03
05-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Some moans are invited...I enjoy hearing them at least. Moan on buddies! :P

Crime City Mark
05-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Those are some interesting suggestions. Something to consider:

Allowing people to pick would mean they just would go to 10 over and over and then stop. Better to force them to go the whole way through each time. If we're making it so people can get everything in the long run, then you'd want them to have to collect 30+ to get that 10th item.

mnju_03
05-03-2012, 11:32 AM
I still like my whole idea at http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?27115-Idea-about-Event-10th-items!!!!!!
hint hint :)

Ramshutu
05-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Those are some interesting suggestions. Something to consider:

Allowing people to pick would mean they just would go to 10 over and over and then stop. Better to force them to go the whole way through each time. If we're making it so people can get everything in the long run, then you'd want them to have to collect 30+ to get that 10th item.

This is what I meant to say in the 3rd from last bullet. Sorry, I will go and clarify this in the OP.

TenderPlacebo
05-03-2012, 12:04 PM
I still like my whole idea at http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?27115-Idea-about-Event-10th-items!!!!!!
hint hint :)

I'm all for that, may be biased because I have yet to acquire final item, despite my serious time investment. I'm not complaining I got some descent stuff for free, but I feel like with all these event it's becoming a little unbalanced. Someone with even one event item has some kind of advantage over me, because I can't buy bonuses. I can buy all the stats I want to try and catch up, if that's what I choose to do, but I can't get that sweet bonus.
I would def be down for buying dice,burner, and the current item, I'm all about economy, incase you couldn't tell from the items I listed. Like I said in your thread I wouldnt mind just buying the perk, that way the people that spent gold don't feel like they go a raw deal because they got that killer item as well.
I also Like ramshutu's idea, gives people better choices, and more opportunities.
Either way I too would like he chance to buy the end items, mostly the perk. Or at least have a better chance at them I give these events my all, opening 17+ a day, sometimes with gold and still no final item. others have not spent a dime and somehow recieved 1 and some up to 4 end items, there has to be a better way then just being lucky. that's my biggest gripe with these events, it's not about time put in, or determination it's pure luck

Walter
05-03-2012, 12:12 PM
I really like this idea, even if it means that it takes more "diamonds" to get an item. That way players could choose what item would help them best based on need, sort of like "super" respect points.

Dipstik
05-03-2012, 01:46 PM
There's nothing fair about this game. That's ok, though, because there's no penalty for losing fights. Yep... I have no event items... Some people have six. Some people started earlier, and some spent lots of RM. so what? You'll NEVER catch up! Accept it and enjoy the events... Or don't play them. Your call, really, but your complaints don't make sense.

BeniBugatti
05-03-2012, 01:54 PM
I like the idea, but I think it is the rapid closure of events which spurs people to spend their gold. I doubt Funzio could make the profits it is currently making on events using any kind of perpetual scheme.

jobadass
05-03-2012, 02:03 PM
I like the idea, but I think it is the rapid closure of events which spurs people to spend their gold. I doubt Funzio could make the profits it is currently making on events using any kind of perpetual scheme.
Exactly!
Everyone needs to remember the fact that Funzio is a Business. If all of a sudden people stopped buying into these events, they would have to come up with another strategy. It doesn't make them evil or bad, just makes them smart business people.

Ramshutu
05-03-2012, 02:06 PM
See last paragraph ;)