PDA

View Full Version : Is there an App for that?

Burn
05-03-2012, 10:56 AM
OK, was playing with Air Display earlier, pretty slick, turns iPad into secondary display for Mac or Windows - great for presentations to customers, you do your shizz on the PC, they get to watch on the iPad.

Got me thinking, is there an App that can allow me to use my iPad as a display for my iPhone?

Then I can play on my iPhone, whilst viewing on iPad. Why? Easier on the eyes for one, and just because I want to.

sexkitteh
05-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Need a nap?

*Puts on sunglasses*

There's an app for that...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Max Power
05-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Need a nap?

*Puts on sunglasses*

There's an app for that...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Ramshutu
05-03-2012, 12:00 PM
OK, was playing with Air Display earlier, pretty slick, turns iPad into secondary display for Mac or Windows - great for presentations to customers, you do your shizz on the PC, they get to watch on the iPad.

Got me thinking, is there an App that can allow me to use my iPad as a display for my iPhone?

Then I can play on my iPhone, whilst viewing on iPad. Why? Easier on the eyes for one, and just because I want to.

Search for VNC, there maybe something there. That's mostly iPad - pc. I think iOS doesn't let apps have the level of control you would need to do what you are proposing though. Lots of security issues!

tempt
05-03-2012, 12:01 PM

Why not just install CC on iPad?

sexkitteh
05-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Or you could just transfer your game back and forth...

Burn
05-03-2012, 01:33 PM
I got a second account on iPad already :)

Besides, what I really want to achieve is to prop my iPad up as the display, and basically play as if the iPhone is the controller, so I can hold it in comfortable podition rather than arms up holding phone in front of my face like a tard!

Ramshutu, I'll take a look at VNC, cheers.

Dravak
05-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Just imagine the Ipad as a book , I don't even hold it at all , just put it on my knees or on a table ..
and use both hands to manipulate the screen .

But yeah for action games , a controller option would be nice .

i need muney
05-03-2012, 02:05 PM
iOS doesn't give those kind of permissions. Check out cydia, maybe there's something there.

Burn
05-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Neither device jailbroken, always been tempted but never done it, if Cydia has some kind of screen mirroring app I might take the plunge.

sexkitteh
05-03-2012, 02:25 PM
If you want to game... I think getting an android device is the way to go...

you can hook up a PS3 controller to your phone o_0...

For the ipad have you tried getting a keyboard mouse? That would probably be less complicated... and it would work on your phone as well...

Jazz
05-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Is there an app that allows you to edit Excel documents for free? I want to be able to update my spreadsheets on the fly, but the iOS devices only allow you to view documents and spreadsheets.

Fig Oni
05-03-2012, 02:31 PM
@OP

I assume that the developer have to give the option to use a ipad as a screen and iphone as a controller as it been done by EA sports with fifa 12 & I believe that capcom has done that with a streetfighter game too.

Populouspapa
05-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Get an appletv and play on the tv instead, im buying ome tomorrow, Play CC is the first thing ill try :)

Burn
05-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Let me know how that goes!