PDA

View Full Version : Explain tapjoy gold

Selfproclaimed
05-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Can someone explain tap joy gold? I've been reading on people getting free gold with tap joy but I googled it and can't seem to find anything

Warfiend
05-03-2012, 11:23 AM
I can, I'm about to launch a campaign for one of my small businesses through Tapjoy. Tapjoy is a marketing company that specializes in mobile platforms. The biggest part of their business is to help app developers get rankings in app store listings. They do this by the developers agreeing to pay them a small amount of money per user that downloads one of their apps through them. They take a small cut of this money, then pass on the balance to the user in the form of in game cash in the game of the users choice.

In modern war, most of the apps you can download through tapjoy will get you a single gold, but in other games where the premium in game currency is cheaper, it can be a lot more. And I've received as much as 16 gold for downloading a single free app, but those offers are rare.

As a user, once you're set up with tapjoy, you can either view offers in game through the "earn free gold" button in the gold sales menu, or you go to tapjoys website, login, and look at the offers. This should be done on the device with the game you're trying to earn gold for as that seems to provide the fewest problems based on what I've read.

They have bigger offers too, not just for downloading games, but for signing for services, applying(and getting approved) for credit cards, watching movie promos and commercials, signing up for mailing lists and free e-magazines, etc... You don't have to participate in any offer that requires more than you're willing to give.

If you do any offers that require you signing up for anything, best not to use your regular email account. use one you have setup for registering with things you think might spam you, because they might spam you.

Brugernavn
05-03-2012, 12:50 PM
How often will new offers be available? 5 new offer every week or something like that or is there no specific pattern?

Warfiend
05-03-2012, 01:23 PM
It fluctuates. If you check the website, which usually shows more than the in game listing, I typically see anywhere from 3 to 7 new offers a day. In the game listing, it has a few offers that I don't seem to get on the website, including an almost daily "come back to tapjoy" offer which gives you one gold for clicking on it and logging into tapjoy. I've also been getting at least 1 video commercial offer per day there, sometimes as many as 5. you basically watch a 20 to 30 sec commercial and get 1 gold, and it drops you right back into the game.

Since I started using tapjoy back in March, I've pulled in exactly 514 gold and I haven't hit the website offers for the last several days. I've gotten a composite factory, a nation change, and most recenly an emp cannon. I currently have 22 gold and intend to save up for something else. Maybe another emp cannon. Not sure yet.

If you plan your toilet visits right, you can take care of your tapjoy business while you take of other business. :D

Brugernavn
05-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Should have known this from the start and not at lvl 36. Thanks for info...

But isn't it hard to keep track of which offers you have used when you have installed and deleted so many apps?

Oh, and is it enough to install an app and delete it again to get the gold or do I have to open the app?

Selfproclaimed
05-03-2012, 03:13 PM
What is the website

Dreno33
05-03-2012, 03:17 PM
What is the website

no website. its an app in the app store/android market

Selfproclaimed
05-03-2012, 03:26 PM
I just signed up on the website . I play on my ipad2and I didn't see anything in the AppStore. But I did 3 offers already and I already got 11 gold from em. Sweeeeeet . I'm gonna save em up for a gold building

Selfproclaimed
05-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Lol. This is crazy . Why didn't I pay attention to this earlier. Now at 15. As soon as I do the offer,I get the gold, no wait period. I can remove the apps afterwards too right and still keep the gold?

LeBarticus
05-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Lol. This is crazy . Why didn't I pay attention to this earlier. Now at 15. As soon as I do the offer,I get the gold, no wait period. I can remove the apps afterwards too right and still keep the gold?

Yes and also check out on the bottom of the gold buying page in MW where it says get free gold. Often there is a 30'sec ad to watch or simply 'click here to go back to tapjoy and earn 1 gold' etc

imscrewed?
05-03-2012, 04:57 PM
How quickly does the gold show up in your account? I signed up for Netflix yesterday and still nothing. I have downloaded a few games and nothing. The only things that seem to credit right away are watching video trailers.

Luke7676
05-03-2012, 05:00 PM
How quickly does the gold show up in your account? I signed up for Netflix yesterday and still nothing. I have downloaded a few games and nothing. The only things that seem to credit right away are watching video trailers.

Hmm.. Well the Netflix could take awhile. But the 1g apps are the ones I do and 80% of the time I get the gold as soon as I open the app close it and check MW it's there.

Selfproclaimed
05-03-2012, 06:08 PM
I did the ones that gave 1-4 gold,mainly 1gold each. After u download em, I believe you have to open the app before you delete it . I would open,hit don't allow push notifications and then go into modern war and it's there. I did this for the past 1 1/2 hrs. Majority were 1 per and I now have 102 gold,lol

Brugernavn
05-04-2012, 07:17 AM
How do you guys keep track of which apps you have downloaded? I mean, they don't all disappear from the list after you have installed them.

For example, drawsomething is still on my list, even though I have cashed the gold from it.

Dreno33
05-04-2012, 07:19 AM
How do you guys keep track of which apps you have downloaded? I mean, they don't all disappear from the list after you have installed them.

For example, drawsomething is still on my list, even though I have cashed the gold from it.

lucky you, Ive had the same problem. Installed again, and got more gold(:

Brugernavn
05-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Well, I don't get 3 gold everytime I install DrawSomething, so I find it quite annoying it won't get off the list.

Aidan
05-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Some apps require you to complete the tutorial or play a few games before it gives you the free gold.

Selfproclaimed
05-04-2012, 03:57 PM

Only way I've noticed is when u first click it when it says free. Once u click it,if u already did it. It'll say INSTALL instead of INSTALL APP

Brugernavn
05-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Only way I've noticed is when u first click it when it says free. Once u click it,if u already did it. It'll say INSTALL instead of INSTALL APP

Yep, seems to work...thanks.

boardgames rule
05-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Do you need sarfai web browser on device or can you use google search?

Selfproclaimed
05-04-2012, 04:46 PM
I initially google searched it. It's just tapjoy.com I believe. Signed up ,free. And just went at it

Brugernavn
05-04-2012, 04:55 PM
In less than 2 days I've earned around 100 gold...kinda wish I could exchange it to real money;o)

Selfproclaimed
05-04-2012, 05:22 PM
I did about an hr n half yesterday and an hr today and I'm up to 187. All 1-4range

Brugernavn
05-04-2012, 05:38 PM
I did about an hr n half yesterday and an hr today and I'm up to 187. All 1-4range
Wow, that's great. But you must have paid for some of the apps, right?

Selfproclaimed
05-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Wow, that's great. But you must have paid for some of the apps, right?

I'm at an even 200 now. And noope. Didn't pay for a single one. Didnt give no credit card numbers,nothing. Only on one I gave a false email address to do a quick sign up to get like 13 gold or some crap. Once I got the gold. I deleted,lol