PDA

View Full Version : I got ten Briefcases!

dudeman
05-03-2012, 06:20 AM
This event was the most difficult for me so far to find event boxes at the start. I was lucky to find one, and then for four hours or more, nothing at all. Even with supercharged energy recovery! I ended up staying up late and hitting all the high XP targets I could just so I could level up, and with the energy and stamina refills was finally able to start getting some briefcases. Anyone else have difficulty getting started with this event?

Having meow collected ten briefcases though, I'm really hoping I don't encounter that problem again.

Oh, and for those of you who opened this thread thinking I already won the end prize, psyche! Start paying attention to the difference between an event box and an event currency! :p:cool::p

Quirt
05-03-2012, 06:56 AM
I haven't found one case yet!! :P been just robbing for a couple/few hours tho' --- still strange not to come across even one briefcase :confused:

CounterSniper
05-03-2012, 07:00 AM
I haven't found one case yet!! :P been just robbing for a couple/few hours tho' --- still strange not to come across even one briefcase :confused:

At the beginning of an event you should focus on map missions. They drop randomly.

Robs and attacks require the other person to have them.

Max Power
05-03-2012, 07:00 AM
They are always tight early. Nobody has em yet. Hit your favorite jobs/farms or hit people who have recently hit you, as they are recently active. In three days you will be swimming in them.

Joe Brown1
05-03-2012, 07:02 AM
I have only been getting briefases through PvP. No drops from high XP targets at all. I have also lost a few to attacks. I have gotten 3 secret docs though.

murf
05-03-2012, 07:13 AM
Tor hit people who have recently hit you, as they are recently active. I

Great advice...never thought of that...used all my energy and didn't get a single briefcase, hit the last person on my news feed that I beat, first hit got me a briefcase.

dudeman
05-03-2012, 07:14 AM
They are always tight early. Nobody has em yet. Hit your favorite jobs/farms or hit people who have recently hit you, as they are recently active. In three days you will be swimming in them.

I know they are usually tight early, but the start of this event seemed tighter than a frogs *******.

I am always swimming in boxes by the end of events, but the last two or three events were easier to at least get started. It hasn't taken me hours upon hours and over 1000 energy to find zero boxes at the event start before.

BTW, this was somewhat of a joke thread. I guess we can have a normal discussion, but I was originally poking fun at this type of thread (wrongly referring to the boxes as currency or vice versa) and the complain of not finding boxes (even though it is a legit annoyance, IMO).

CounterSniper
05-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Great advice...never thought of that...used all my energy and didn't get a single briefcase, hit the last person on my news feed that I beat, first hit got me a briefcase.

You can also look for hoods that the LM's are collected or are the only buildings not collected.

These are active players who may have the goods.

upsman_17
05-03-2012, 07:46 AM
I have gotten all of my briefcases from one players hood that I am in a war with. Normally, as others have stated, you want to concentrate on missions for initial drops. This time however I told my foe that I was going to farm all my briefcases from him. Call it an experiment. Lets see if I can get 10 docs all from one hood. So far, so good. I am 5/7, and he is not happy that I have been keeping him updated on my progress. Win/win for me. :)

mnju_03
05-03-2012, 08:25 AM
I've found that the end maps give good drop rates on them.

upsman_17
05-03-2012, 08:42 AM
I've found that the end maps give good drop rates on them.

Even though I am L103, since I am trying to level very slowly, in past events I have used the flattened cars at junkyard to get many of my contraband items since the xp is low. And since my mafia isnt fully equipped with vehicles, I get the added benefit of the devilish taxi every so often. I know they will eventually be replaced, but not for awhile.