PDA

View Full Version : I don't Understand Why I lost

vball
05-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Ok I have been seeing crazy battles on people who attack me.

My stats are 2500 defense. I have a good number of my skills assigned to defense and keep thinking I am fairly balanced.

I do get attacked quite frequently and frankly have pretty much decided to play this game pve as opposed to my MW counterpart where I attack the heck out of people.

The most recent attack featured an person with an attack of 1900 the last loss before that was 1700. It does not seem to make sense to me that I would even lose.

Again my background is MW so can someone help enlighten me to figure out what I am doing wrong so I can re-structure myself.

Thanks.

Sexyman
05-03-2012, 05:59 AM

My stats are 2500 defense. I have a good number of my skills assigned to defense and keep thinking I am fairly balanced.

I do get attacked quite frequently and frankly have pretty much decided to play this game pve as opposed to my MW counterpart where I attack the heck out of people.

The most recent attack featured an person with an attack of 1900 the last loss before that was 1700. It does not seem to make sense to me that I would even lose.

Again my background is MW so can someone help enlighten me to figure out what I am doing wrong so I can re-structure myself.

Thanks.

was it a raid or just an attack? its possible they threw a lot of points into their attack too. it could even be due to a random factor.
how many times did they attack you?

twchung22
05-03-2012, 07:11 AM

Thanks.

600 points difference and still lose...wow...I mean I have lost to people who has 200 pts less than me...but 600...that's crazy....they must have put everything they got in attack...

if that's the case, I think you should try retaliating and see if you can win with slightly higher attack points then his defense points and see what happens

eternalfire
05-03-2012, 09:07 AM
It really depends on if its a direct attack against you or if its a raid on your buildings. I've have people raid my buildings with close to 400 less points than me and still won. I'm at ~800 defense at level 23 with 6 allies.

However, I've only lost 1 direct attack in the past few days and that was a gem user with 3 death dragons :/

frenda
05-03-2012, 09:32 AM
I've lost some crazy attacks too, where I was being attacked. And I've attacked players with 80% of my attack score in their defense, and I lost. I can't imagine how many points they must have in defense to fend off a 20% advantage.

vball
05-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Ok just lost an attack. His number 4000 mine 4700.

Now I understand in MW there are mods based upon country, etc, but cannot figure out this game whatsoever.

Very very frustrating.

Freekizh
05-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Ok just lost an attack. His number 4000 mine 4700.

Now I understand in MW there are mods based upon country, etc, but cannot figure out this game whatsoever.

Very very frustrating.

Bud, the skill point weighting here are different.

custos
05-10-2012, 09:49 PM
There's also the power boost buildings, which as far as I know don't show up in your state. I've upgraded these a bit and intend to do more -- so my units are tougher than they look :)

A lot of people are complaining about losing to players with lower stats. I like it like that. If it was just always a straight numerical advantage and you could see who was the stronger there would be no chance factor - and it wouldn't be a fun a "game". If you want a game where strategy is everything and chance plays no part, play chess.

Embrace the ambiguity I say.

vball
05-20-2012, 08:58 PM
I calculated the boost buildings as well to see if I was missing something. Sorry have not been on much to continue to discussion here.

Free - I thought about that too, and myself have about 30 of each skill points, so unless they had all theirs in attack...... dunno.

As I have added more allies though, it seems like the attacks still come but the losses are more rare. In MW have seen a jump in attacks too.

custos
05-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Just to be clear, whether you win or lose depends on the relative A/D between you and your rival (including some random factor to make it interesting), right? But I also assumed it depended on who attacks who. For example say my attack/defence was 3000/6000 and your A/D is 4000/4000. If I attack you my attack is 1000 less than your defence so I should mostly lose. But if you attack me your attack is 2000 less than my defence so in that case you would mostly lose. Have I got that right? It means before you attack someone you have to compare your A with their D, not with their A.

vball
05-20-2012, 09:34 PM
That is correct. There are other factors as well such as boost buildings, and skill points which can add value to one or both sides.

Even when calculating those, crude in my caluclation admittedly, but still reasonably close, I thought I was quite a bit higher.

LadyRenee
05-20-2012, 09:45 PM
I have been very confused in this as well since the KA instructions indicate that the stats you can see on a rival give your good sense of when you will win. I have been losing to ppl with lower stats than I quite a bit. Both when I attack as well as when they attack. I rarely lose a raid.

I try to take into consideration their level, allies number, attack and defense. Confusing....

Freekizh
05-21-2012, 11:28 AM
His number 4000 mine 4700.

Are you saying your attack was 4700 and his defense was 4000 and you lost? If these were the stats then I believe it was 50/50 at best.

I calculated my hidden building defense and it was probably around 700 points. The profile defense stats that you see probably does not include this (could someone please confirm?). Add onto that the other variables - 30 skill attack is not a lot. I have had that much at level 10.

Vile Lynn
05-21-2012, 11:30 AM
I've been curious too whether class has anything to do with it... for example, if a Mage with lots of defensive magic items/boost buildings, etc... would win over an attacking Warrior with a much higher attack stat than the Mage's defense stat.

With so many random/non-disclosed factors, it would be really hard to test different strategies... AND, with the reduction of maximum attacks, it makes it even harder... too many confounding issues.

I try to only attack players for goals who have a defense stat that is half of my attack stat... but I still lose many, many units: usually 1-2/attack. Ouch!

Freekizh
05-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Lynn, I think whether you win or lose, is not strongly correlated to how many units you lose, all other things being equal. I always assume pretty much that in every attack I will lose 1-2 units.

Vile Lynn
05-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Lynn, I think whether you win or lose, is not strongly correlated to how many units you lose, all other things being equal. I always assume pretty much that in every attack I will lose 1-2 units.

Yeah, I try not to look, heh... but on the plus side, I usually win a unit with every attack, so it evens out :)