PDA

View Full Version : Ffs...ANOTHER 'Special' Event

Amor
05-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Another event already. '1 week special event.' These events are no longer special. They are life sucking. For every event, everyone who does not get the final item falls more and more behind. These events have more of a crippling effect to anyone who doesnt give Funzio a large chunk of their paycheck for gold. Can we have a break? Catch a breather? good grief...I need sleep.

Clearly we are each going to have to choose between Crime City or real life. Given that ultimatum, I do not see many more of these events in my personal future...

Nudie
05-02-2012, 07:14 PM
OMG another event why???

Babytway
05-02-2012, 07:16 PM
As for life suckingthe event is optional you dont have to participate and have your life sucked away but if you do and end up with the final item then it was worth it.

Amor
05-02-2012, 07:22 PM
My view on life has always been all or nothing. I want to be the best, and if I am not, then **** it. If you sit out even 1 event you are accepting noticeable disadvantage. When disadvantaged, you wont be the best.

When you have invested half a year and countless hours into anything, it is hard to just walk away. Including this game. I would like to continue playing, but....Id like to enjoy it too.

Boom
05-02-2012, 07:37 PM
U can't be the best at EVERYTHING u do... U do it to have fun.... Not ruin ur life

OG Kush
05-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Is funzio this desperate for money if there is a bunch of events atleast make anothe option for a higher chance of getting something. I have not got any things to 10 I even keep playing the event when it says soon till the gamme crashes on me cause a new event has started.

Synergy
05-02-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm not complaining. I'm 1 for 1 so far lol. Also, since I focus a lot on Econ, this end item would be real nice. +1 Funzio on the prize this time. Yeah it's a little often, but that's because you know that guy in sales said "holy ****!" after the first event, and then again at the end of every other one so far lol. It pays so I understand.

Giedrius
05-02-2012, 08:17 PM
In my opinion it's best reward so far.

blondealex
05-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Why do they have to do this on Ky Derby Weekend? No high hopes for this one for me.

Lionheart3239
05-02-2012, 09:04 PM
I agree there are other more important things than spending weeks on the imaginary world of Funzio. Way too soon for another event!

Fazz
05-02-2012, 10:22 PM
I agree as well, they are certainly not "special events" if they are every week!!! In game cash only option again for me & no doubt I will get to 8 in 2 days & then get nothing for 3 days & then the 9th again on the last day

Raz555
05-02-2012, 11:18 PM
I like the events, but they are not special anymore. One a month is my opinion would be special. They take more time then I care to invest in the game when almost back to back.

Swingle007
05-02-2012, 11:29 PM
All I know is this is gonna save me MILLIONS in upgrade costs from here on out. Beautiful!

Jamievs
05-02-2012, 11:33 PM
I agree as well, they are certainly not "special events" if they are every week!!! In game cash only option again for me & no doubt I will get to 8 in 2 days & then get nothing for 3 days & then the 9th again on the last day

Goes the same for me.. every time :s

Today I've spent 95 stamina on robberies only, and about ~1800 energy on quests and not a single briefcase yet..

Hank
05-02-2012, 11:48 PM
I know what you mean, when I am still recovering from the last event. Then I woke up today and saw the familiar pop up add saying there was a new event starting and I thought, "OOOOhhh no not again!!!" but then I saw the final prize and needless to say, a little bit of blood rushed into my penis. This prize is AWESOME!!!

Mark1989
05-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Pff, launch some events on android ffs. Isnt my gold good enough? Why do the ipodders get all the fun:(

Inzaghi
05-03-2012, 01:40 AM
This end item is way too imbalanced. 30% upgrade cost off means ROIs on the spreadsheet are reduced by 30%. You only need 7 days to collect the investment while others need 10 days! No strategy will balance the huge advantage of this item. I believe non gold players are having a hard time now.

tempt
05-03-2012, 05:46 AM
Yeah, kind of agree, the frequency is getting too much. Events are starting to feel like game jobs ("Collect 10 XXX" vs "Attack 60 ppl...")

Luciferianism
05-03-2012, 05:52 AM
People go insane and empty their wallets whenever there is an event, of course they are going to do it often. :P

Behzat
05-03-2012, 05:57 AM
Bring back Pve,Weapon farming like M4A1s instead of silly unspecial events.You are like a child why cant u organize things without ruining its taste????The events arent special anymore and they start to be boring.Bring back pve,bring back farming!Do we have to tell you what to do?if you are doing a thing everyday it cant be called special anymore!Or can it be because you want players spend gold on events?Ofc it is but enough give something to us to have fun dont spoil our fun like you did in M4A1s!You always want to take but you dont like to give!

buddylee
05-03-2012, 06:07 AM
I have to admit, my frustration level went up when I woke this morning to find another event notice glaring on my iphone screen. This is coming off of the countless losses from the previous events. And it's always the "surge" to 8 or 9 specials items right at the beginning, and then nothing for the rest of the event. And yeah, I know I could just forget about playing the events since they're so frustrating, but then I have to worry about getting buried by the individuals who are...

Dipstik
05-03-2012, 06:11 AM
You can't be the best at this game anyway. That would imply a goal or ranking. As best as I can tell, the only stat that matters is the amount of real money spent. People playing this game do so by internally limiting their competition. I don't play against goldbugs. They're silly, and I don't care about them... I'm playing against free players. Others literally limit their competition by artificially holding down their level or mob size. (I don't understand the desire to be king among dwarves...)

Just accept that there's no way to win, and you'll never do what's necessary to have the strongest stats. The events don't change anything.

Yahkin
05-03-2012, 07:10 AM
You can't be the best at this game anyway. That would imply a goal or ranking. As best as I can tell, the only stat that matters is the amount of real money spent. People playing this game do so by internally limiting their competition. I don't play against goldbugs. They're silly, and I don't care about them... I'm playing against free players. Others literally limit their competition by artificially holding down their level or mob size. (I don't understand the desire to be king among dwarves...)

Just accept that there's no way to win, and you'll never do what's necessary to have the strongest stats. The events don't change anything.

Loser talk! :p

Bruce_law
05-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Yeah, they need to give some break on those events.

The frustration, is because if you not get those final items, how you can match the other people that are regular gold spenders?

Those gold spenders will easily spend gold every hour and certainly get the final prize, nothing of frustration.
But and the free players?

Sometimes a person cant spend RM because he cant, not because he dont want.

@
As almost all the people said, you cant be the best all the time. The only fact that you not spent any gold on game already makes you weak and inferior stat than alot of people, mainly because they have the crates and the 6/6 final prizes. Sometimes a man need to know when to lose.

blondealex
05-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Loser talk! :p
Thank you Yahkin, this gave me a good laugh.

sexkitteh
05-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Funzio just sold the company... they are probably testing the potential of the game and how it would rake in cash lol

CEO: "are you sure we can make money on a game for a phone?"
Programmer: "watch this... [click click click click click]... see that? I've created this thing I've called an "event"... we will give out a few good items... now give it about 12 hours..."

CEO: "HOLY SHOIT!!!! That's generated one millionbillioncajillionqawkafkadion yen!!! You sir have yourself a deal... we will buy the company...

oh...

can you make the monkeys dance again with that "event" thingy?"

Programmer: "[click click click click]... done... we should test events within events see if we can triple the earnings!"

to be continued...

buddylee
05-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Funzio just sold the company... they are probably testing the potential of the game and how it would rake in cash lol

CEO: "are you sure we can make money on a game for a phone?"
Programmer: "watch this... [click click click click click]... see that? I've created this thing I've called an "event"... we will give out a few good items... now give it about 12 hours..."

CEO: "HOLY SHOIT!!!! That's generated one millionbillioncajillionqawkafkadion yen!!! You sir have yourself a deal... we will buy the company...

oh...

can you make the monkeys dance again with that "event" thingy?"

Programmer: "[click click click click]... done... we should test events within events see if we can triple the earnings!"

to be continued...

That is flipping hysterical!

Dipstik
05-03-2012, 08:41 AM
5% of funzios value is in its software library, 95% is in its list of people who buy gold. The direct marketing potential is staggering.

Amor
05-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Yeah, kind of agree, the frequency is getting too much. Events are starting to feel like game jobs ("Collect 10 XXX" vs "Attack 60 ppl...")

Well said.