PDA

View Full Version : Ask for forgiveness

fuzzy
05-02-2012, 05:52 PM
So this guy attacked me and lost 56 gold to me. He then posted on my wall send me your ID and he will add me.

I replied nicely and said why you are an easy target. I then went and destroyed his kingdom.

Does this happen to other players? Why wouldn't you check stats before they attack?

John Snow
05-02-2012, 06:23 PM
LOL. Guy probably thought you were "warm and fuzzy". Not fuzzy like a grizzly. Personally, I leave the tippers alone because maybe they'll attack me again and leave me more money. I do check to see if they have any ripe silos or leatherworkers...

twchung22
05-03-2012, 07:24 AM
I get tons of idiots try to attack me when they are obviously outclassed by me...I never know why...lost a few battles from attackers with lower stat (by about 100 pts) than I do and I lose to them, and i put most of my points in defense too...I guess they put all their points in attack or something...

twchung22
05-03-2012, 07:26 AM
I also have one idiot attacked me, lost, but kept on attacking me for the next few hours and kept on losing...next day...he continue his assault and kept on using and I didn't even lose a single unit...so I entertained him by raiding his silos and castles =)

frenda
05-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Ditto, lol. I don't get it. In CC, I had someone lose to me, then send me an add request, then attack me again. WTF?

fuzzy and twc, added you in KA.

eternalfire
05-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Lol... tell me about it. I get roughly 10-20 attackers a day. Not a single one went through for the past 3 days. Well maybe me floating 5k-8k has something to do with it but most people just attack without looking at stats oO i guess theyre lazy

Romaro
05-03-2012, 09:14 AM
I also had attacker that keep attack me, then ask me to be his ally, 10 minutes later he post that I am witch, I play Mage, and never lose when he attack me. Like twchung, I throw my magic to his silos and castle :)

el_gringo
05-03-2012, 10:49 AM
I've had someone attack me, lose to me, then post on my wall saying he was new to the game and attacked by accident.

I can't be bothered with holding grudges against people who've attacked me. If they've deposited a lot of money I might go back a couple of days later to check out if theres easy pickings, but I'm more likely to try and attack someone back if I've lost to them.

ShawnBB
05-03-2012, 12:16 PM
If some obvious weak player whose stas is way below my defense and attacked me, I usually go check their base and give some warm advice on how to improve their recognition to this game and help them walk out of frustration. :)

Am i the only guy doing this,lol.

twchung22
05-03-2012, 12:20 PM
If some obvious weak player whose stas is way below my defense and attacked me, I usually go check their base and give some warm advice on how to improve their recognition to this game and help them walk out of frustration. :)

You are too kind =)

twchung22
05-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Ditto, lol. I don't get it. In CC, I had someone lose to me, then send me an add request, then attack me again. WTF?

fuzzy and twc, added you in KA.

added you as one of my allies

frenda
05-03-2012, 01:52 PM

I've done the same thing with mixed results. Some have been very gracious, others don't even reply back. It could be due to the language thing? Not that we speak different languages, just that I only use four-letter words when giving advice. Just kidding. :)

frenda
05-03-2012, 01:53 PM
added you as one of my allies

Do you go by a different name in CC?

zsqysq
05-04-2012, 03:23 AM
I'm level 27 with 85 allies, 4k2 def. I got around 3-5 attackers per day, who lost and left me no money. I felt pretty bored and lonely.

custos
06-17-2012, 05:08 PM

Nope, I do this as well. Yesterday I had someone attack me who had less than half my stats (I'm level 40, A/D - 11K/12K). They lost and left behind 3,400 gold! My advice was: check your rival's stats first and don't attack someone much stronger, and certainly not when you have a lot of unvaulted gold :). Seems pretty obvious but apparently not.

Agent Orange
06-17-2012, 05:53 PM
So this guy attacked me and lost 56 gold to me. He then posted on my wall send me your ID and he will add me.

I replied nicely and said why you are an easy target. I then went and destroyed his kingdom.

Does this happen to other players? Why wouldn't you check stats before they attack?

I get a lot of ally requests on my wall. Unless it's someone from the forum that I recognize I ignore them. If it's something like you describe I delete their post and wait for them to attack again or hunt them off the rivals list. I don't typically attack back just in case they have a really high defence score and I walk into a trap.

asdfg12345
06-17-2012, 07:56 PM
I get a lot of ally requests on my wall. Unless it's someone from the forum that I recognize I ignore them. If it's something like you describe I delete their post and wait for them to attack again or hunt them off the rivals list. I don't typically attack back just in case they have a really high defence score and I walk into a trap.
I would still add people who are significantly better than me. This is a pretty common occurrence since I am on the low end in the whale territory.

P4TR1C14N
06-18-2012, 05:07 AM
It happens when ppl don't check the opponent stats first.

If i get attacked and win, i'll pay them a visit and when i got a bad day, i'll attack also a couple times.

Funny enough... some of those guys react by attacking you again... with as result another loss for them. Strange minds.

MaverickMunkey
06-18-2012, 06:17 AM
I do wish they would change the notifications. I almos had a heart attack the other day when it said that I had failed to defend and lost 990 gold and i couldn't work out how until I saw my newsfeed and noticed that actually I hadn't lost but instead had won the attack and gained 990 gold!

roghorrorfreak
06-18-2012, 06:33 AM
thats been happening to me, I don't attack mainly because I am outclassed and know this and don't seek out trouble, but I do get attacked and get the message I lost and when I go back in I find I won and gained gold.

RandomUser
06-18-2012, 08:47 AM
I have somebody who cursed me out after I raided a couple silos and a playhouse or two. I left some friendly advice on his "wall", which he explained he just couldn't follow (don't retaliate against somebody when you have no hope to win), so we've been going back and forth for a week or so. I'll raid a few juicy buildings, he'll try to raid back, but lose, then leave some nasty message for me. And the next day we start over.

Joe Brown1
06-18-2012, 09:01 AM
I got cursed out over the weekend by someone complaining that I should "steel" from someone with higher stats. I pointed out that higher stats means unit casualties and Funzio encourages you to attack weaker opponents as a result. I'm not sure they understood how the game works.

Hapl0
06-18-2012, 09:56 AM
As many said i used to give advice to any rival who attack me and are clearly inferior in stats with mixed results, some said thanks, others don't reply and there are the ones who said "mind your own business" (even if you later give some correctives still don't learn anything). When i find a good target i used to write in their comments "thanks for your donation" or "your generous donation will be used for a good cause" and sometimes many look for revenge and now you get them in your news feed. Did you do the same?

spectra
06-18-2012, 10:14 AM
When someone attacked me and lose, I check their stats, if they are lower than mine, I am always nice, I tell them that they should always check rival's stat before attacking and/or if they attacked me by error (their stats are only 20% of mine), (I know when I started in MW, did the same dumb thing, I used to attacked without looking, had no idea how to play the game, now I now better and like to give people the benefit of the dounbt), that I do not hold a grudge, and leave my ID asking if they want to send a request I will add them
So far they all send a request, and even say thanks, because some are new players starting to learn the game and other for having a "fat finger"

roghorrorfreak
06-18-2012, 10:30 AM
I didn't know, figured it out about a week ago on my own, wish someone would have told me, lost alot of good men and gold >.< still trying to figure some things out

Chups
06-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Just wanted to give an input that sometimes people can accidentally hit the attack button while browsing the rivals list. I have done it several times myself. Also in a few cases while half asleep in bed I would accidentally hit the button, I'd wake up with a "lose" on my battle results. I would sometimes hope they would not retaliate me....it was accident you know. :D

Skoty422
06-18-2012, 02:58 PM
You know sometimes you try to hit the invade button but accidentally hit the attack button. I have done this a few times. But also attack in blind too It's kinda fun actually. Lol. It's like playing a slot machine to see what you get. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. But always vault the gold. Lol.

Deskjockey
06-18-2012, 06:46 PM
I had one guy attack me and leave me over 1,500 gold. I then shook him down for several thousand more until my stamina gave out, then posted a friendly tip about checking stats before attacking. Another guy kept attacking me after I did a similar thing, so I thanked him for getting on my "chew toy" list and proceeded to squeeze him for every last cent he had for about a week. Every few days I would still go back and attack him just for fun until my news feed got wiped out nine days ago. I miss him now...

custos
06-18-2012, 07:15 PM
so I thanked him for getting on my "chew toy" list and proceeded to squeeze him for every last cent he had for about a week.

LOL! Chew toy list.... brilliant. I occasionally go back and milk someone who's attacked me, but I try to spread it around so as not to be too cruel. Generally if someone way below your stats attacks you it must be by accident or out of ignorance of how the game works -- why else would they bother? So I don't hold a grudge. Unlike you guys I've never had a nasty comment posted on my wall but if I did I'd very quickly bring the fight to his door.

asdfg12345
06-18-2012, 07:39 PM
When I get the chance to raid someone whose defense is so low that I dont really lose troops, I would raid them constantly until they leave my report list.