PDA

View Full Version : Hows the Casualty Rate for you?

JMC
05-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Haven't seen many people talk about bad casualties lately, and apparently some people have a good enough casualty rate to be able to save tons of valor while maintaining a decent amount of strength.
Casualty rate has been bad as it always has been for me. Losing valor units almost every fight, losing units against people with 1% of my stat. Zero profit from the last 50 valor missions.

However, for some reason there are plenty of people that have the zero casualty or near zero casualty glitch/bug. They don't even know it and all think that is was caused by a composites factory upgrade, an infirmary upgrade and the lay out of their army. For me the only way to have very low casualty rates is to attack someone with under 5000 defence, versus my 54000 attack. That will give zero casualty maybe 70% of the time. 5000-12000 defence will give zero casualties like 30% of the time, and anything above that give casualties, every time. Lots of people seem to be able to attack people with 75% of their strength and take few losses. Seen most of you guys also justify it with "the game increases casualties against weaker players to protect them". Yet when I attack players closer to my strength, the casualties overall are much higher. I've tried everything, even dropping most of my allies (which lead to my last 1000 losses and no improvement in losses) and so far nothing has helped at all. These guys taking few losses, often actually lose fights that they initiated and don't care because even that gives them few, to no casualties.

So just wondering, are you guys experiencing unusually low casualty rates (this seems to of started a month or 2 ago), or are you guys still getting the high amount of losses, focusing mostly only valor, like i have for the last 4 months.

Led
05-02-2012, 05:32 PM
It's terrible. Thanks for asking.

el_gringo
05-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Whats your unit density like? I seem to take more casualties the more I rely on certain units and types of unit. A mix of various land, air, sea and ground seems to mean i lose the minimum.

Also for some reason there appears to be huge swings, for a few levels I'll only lose casualties on raids, then for a few levels only on attacks. odd.

Jhoemel
05-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Its terrible, losing super hornets and stealth frigate when i attack weaker rivals

MaverickMunkey
05-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Its terrible, losing super hornets and stealth frigate when i attack weaker rivals

Same here.

Just attacked someone with 6k defense v my 26k attack and lost 3 cruisers and 4 super hornets. You may ask why I continued after the first loss - it's because I'm bloody minded and a masochist!

Warfiend
05-02-2012, 05:38 PM
I've been experiencing what seems like substantial fluctuations in casualty rates. Sometimes it seems like I can't lose anything other times it seems like every attack, no matter how much weaker my target, costs me something. It seems like the casualty rates get better for me during events. With the exception of the last day of the last event that I didn't participate much in. I had needed some extra cash for an upgrade so I went out and did a raiding spree and I suffered uncharacteristically severe losses to opponents with defense less than 60 percent of my attack. There were no boost buildings involved, I *always* check for them, and very little in the way of defense buildings.

I don't know what gives. I know I don't have any ongoing bug of no casualties, but it seems like I go through periods were I have little to none and then flip to periods where my units drop like flies. But overall, it *seems* very much like my casualty rates are far better during events.

Poopenshire
05-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Worse than a Tijuana donkey show!

MaverickMunkey
05-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Worse than a Tijuana donkey show!

Damn that's bad!

Poopenshire
05-02-2012, 05:44 PM
I lose a super hornet almost 1 in 5 fights! Forget about anything priced over 100k. I lose atleast 1 per fight usually more!

Tctiger
05-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Needs sorting out maybe as the money I gain from raids and attacks is needed to replace what I have lost so I don't really gain anything just small amount of valor from challenges , sometimes I have a few good ones and sometimes I lose a £750k unit usually against the weakest defences for some reason. Some people have an all gold army so they don't lose anything . you can't really build an army and a base at the same time as a free player , just spent 9m on bit of land!

manbeast
05-02-2012, 06:43 PM
i have 23k att and if i attack someone with less than 5k def. i have a zero loss 70% of the time. max loss is 4 units, but that is very rare. as long as the person i'm attacking has less than 10k def. the most i'll lose is 2, usually snipers b/c i take 300 of them to battle

JMC- you taking 2000 units to battle? maybe that is what is causing ur casualty rates. i'm taking 1400. thinking about cutting allies down farther. what units do u have the most of? is that what you are losing?

btw- my infirmary is lvl 6

JMC
05-02-2012, 07:00 PM
i bring 1992 units to battle with 498 allies so that people do not try to complete the 499 ally mission off me. Cutting allies is already what got me killed in the first place. I dropped down to 300 allies because apparently that was the magic number, and apparently only bringing valor units to battle and nothing else gave very low casualties. However the people that claimed this were just experiencing the bug. When i was bringing 1200 units into battle i was almost 20K lower in stats and i was getting attacked by gold players with denser armies in these ally regions. My attacks still netted the same losses, but i ONLY lost valor units, because that's all i was bringing with me.

For that reason i quickly made my way back up to 500 again, and continued to get attacked. That's when i realized that seniority must have something to do with how often you show up on the rivals list. I being probably amongst the first players in the game to get to the top tier, top ally region, i was very safe before i did this. Getting attacked maximum 2 times per week and usually the attacker only doing 1-3 hits. Since i had just re-entered the rivals list, i was showing up for everyone and everyone with similar stats or slightly higher stats were attacking me like crazy. Netting me 1000 of my total 1300 losses. 300 in 6 months, then 1000 in 2 weeks. I have just finally had the attacks calm down as i've now been in this rivals list for a few weeks again. I'd rather not, drop down to gain no improvement and then reset my seniority in the rivals list.

Also unit density obviously doesn't help, because that is what the dropping allies did for me. Gave me an army that probably averaged over 30 attack/defence per unit. Still lost units like crazy. The only possible way i see dropping allies to reduce casualties is if i do a huge drop to 100 or lower. Which again, im not willing to do.

Good to see others are still losing a bunch of units and it's not just me. I've run into dozens with this 'casualty bug' lately and i was beginning to think that maybe my casualty rate was actually the odd one out.

siL
05-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Things are going very well for me....
I'm on lvl 33, with 16 allies, and for the past 2 days since the event started, I havent lost any single unit of mine. Maybe this is because I can bring 64 units, and half of it now is indestructible units that I earned from opening crates, and event units. But still, I usually use commandos for meat shield, and havent lost any of them since this event started...
I also feel wierd, usually, I have to replace them regularly every time I attack 1 - 2 people...

Agent Orange
05-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Also have absurd losses and am in the same level arena as you are. Basically for a non gold player the game is pretty much unplayable at this point. And with the lack of goals other than these events which cost me a whopping $143,000 per open it's now becoming economically unfeasible to continue.

PvP loss rates are joke, at least in the past I would win loot units. Not any more of the 200 or so attacks I might have picked up 30 PvP loot while loosing about 300 loot units unless they were Super Hornets. I just attacked someone much weaker than me and lost a large number of SH's. I think I am probably going to go full cloak at the end of this event and call it a day. No goals, unattainable PvP goals and basically lopsided fights in the highest levels killed it for me.

My LLP is not experiencing the same level of losses as I am and they are in the 60's with a low ally count. The game is immensely fun up to about L100 or basically just before you cross into whale territory. From that point on unless you have over 100,000 attack and defence you are going to be wiped out. If you have more than 499 allies, and a low density army, you are going to be obliterated.

manbeast
05-02-2012, 09:06 PM
jmc- you lost 1000 fights w/ 60k defense? who was beating you? just gold players?

agent orange- sounds like the game is pointless up there. what are your goals now with your high lvl player?

vball
05-02-2012, 09:16 PM
JMC and AO as always excellent information, thank you.

I have seen significant losses as an increase as well. In my case have my infirmary is at level 6 and have a very high density (around 28 with bonuses). I use flamethrowers as my main meat units and it does seem to help, but still losing a lot of high value units such as SH, SF and destroyers. For me, have not spent a lot of valor and sitting on it as I upgrade the infirmary in hopes that it will help out those losses.

At my level, I usually outclass my opponents pretty heavily but still seeing bigger losses in those units. I still wonder if the percentage of those units relative to others outweighs their casualty rating.

JMC
05-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Almost everyone up here has a collection of gold units. Ranging from a few hundred dollars worth to thousands of dollars worth.

Most of the guys that beat me lost about half of the attacks, and many had a lot of gold units.

However, some of them don't have many gold units and instead have tons of valor units. These are the guys that have the low casualty glitch, and in turn they were able to collect probably 100000-200000 more valor than me as none of their units died off. That's how unfair the advantage is for them. The last 50 force degradation missions i did, just replaced units that i lost. That's 100000 valor worth of losses attacking for a couple weeks. Before these crappy missions, the valor missions paid out like 2800 per, and they required less hits and there was total war, which is way better than force degradation. So i was still gaining stats, but i still had really bad losses. I likely lost at least 100000 valors worth doing some of those earlier missions, just had much better payouts so i got stronger.

Their casualty rate allowed them to accumulate 600+ more valor units than me and that's how they overpower me, mixed in with a few dozen gold units. I sent in a ticket to support about this glitch/bug and they weren't aware of it, told me they'd investigate though. Hopefully if they do find it to be true, some sort of compensation can be paid out, as that unfair advantage gives them 15K+ worth of stats that they shouldn't have.

commandNconquer
05-02-2012, 09:57 PM
i have been on low allies for a long time now(1 month at least) and my casualty haven't changed i loose 1 super hornet in about 50-100 fights i am lvl 75, 17 allies, 3574/3799 stats
i would say my profit in valor is just a bit above being even (without missions because on 17 allies you can't do any missions really and the lvl 75 mission gives only 560 or so valor)

i make a good amount of fight I'm currently at 7800 won or so

of course you couldn't do that because of your level but still this data could help some people.
i noticed i tend to loose less and less units as my density go up

i tried to go to 125 allies to do some missions and when i attacked i started loosing a tons of units ; especially loot units

these things seem to be designed to die quick i made like 50 fights with 125 allies and i probably lost a good 50 loot units and a few valor units

my conclusion : its either density or a glitch really exists

What?
05-02-2012, 10:10 PM
I know there are some players out there with zero or close to it casualty rates. When I raid people I go for the money 100k or more for a building. I had some dude raid my nuclear plant for 15000 3 attacks for 15k there is no reward for the risk unless there is no risk. I took my revenge and in 20 hits this person did not lose a single unit. Not only this the person had like 1200 super hornets. I know there are people in this game that have been able to amass vast armies of valor units and other units since March even since the 1.5 patch and around the time of the second or third crate event. This is not the first glitch that has given players an unfair advantage people who have been playing this game for a while might remember the rivals list bug where some lucky players NEVER showed up on anyone's rivals list. They were so confident they would never be attacked many players never even upgraded their vaults and kept millions of cash on them. As soon as funzio fixed this and they were visible it was like Christmas over the course of a day I hauled like 60 million or more. Another glitch I'm currently the victim of is I no longer get the pvp loot. I attack and attack and never get any loot. I sent support a ticket and they said they were aware of the issue and it has been 1 month so I'm not holding my breath.

JMC
05-02-2012, 11:07 PM
i have been on low allies for a long time now(1 month at least) and my casualty haven't changed i loose 1 super hornet in about 50-100 fights i am lvl 75, 17 allies, 3574/3799 stats
i would say my profit in valor is just a bit above being even (without missions because on 17 allies you can't do any missions really and the lvl 75 mission gives only 560 or so valor)

i make a good amount of fight I'm currently at 7800 won or so

of course you couldn't do that because of your level but still this data could help some people.
i noticed i tend to loose less and less units as my density go up

i tried to go to 125 allies to do some missions and when i attacked i started loosing a tons of units ; especially loot units

these things seem to be designed to die quick i made like 50 fights with 125 allies and i probably lost a good 50 loot units and a few valor units

my conclusion : its either density or a glitch really exists

Your casualties went up because you brought in a significant amount more units. Somewhere under the 100 ally range is when losses go from near zero to average.

Also when you added more allies you brought in units with very high casualty rates like PvP loot items. It really has nothing to do with the actual density, but more to do with the casualty rate of the units you're bringing to battle. I mostly lose flamethrower soldiers, which im using as meatshields atm. Was using bio warfares before but thats too expensive. The flamethrowers are whats dying most of the time, but valor units still die at a high rate. In your situation, you brought in many more units, and many high casualty units like PvP loot.

LeBarticus
05-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Idk I don't wanna jinx it but my casualty rate has never bothered me too much... Profits from pvp have been outweighing casualties by a lot. I'm lvl 57 now... And no, I didn't get the response unit a couple events back

Jhoemel
05-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Idk I don't wanna jinx it but my casualty rate has never bothered me too much... Profits from pvp have been outweighing casualties by a lot. I'm lvl 57 now... And no, I didn't get the response unit a couple events back

Well thats true when ur in the lower levels but when ur in level 100 and up its really bad

Mcdoc
05-03-2012, 12:05 AM
I hate to even speak up - I know I have casualties - but some will think I am beating a tired drum - but I do t mind losing 2 AT's every battle :). I carry over 400 with me at all times (had over 600 before the last event).

So I can't believe the amount of people at level 96 who have less than 10k defense against my 40k attack - so not many losses there - but when I do get someone who I'm getting a casualty every attack, I'll even lose like 2 AT's and 1 Warthog (left over from mission requirements).

I am at 450ish allies - and even with ALL my Gold units - the AT's make it into battle.

I lose like 1 Hornet or Osprey every 50 or so battles - which is kinda how I think it is supposed to be. Got the Ambulance crate loot for 20% less casualties and my Infirmary is level 3 at the moment.

JMC
05-03-2012, 12:15 AM
I hate to even speak up - I know I have casualties - but some will think I am beating a tired drum - but I do t mind losing 2 AT's every battle :). I carry over 400 with me at all times (had over 600 before the last event).

So I can't believe the amount of people at level 96 who have less than 10k defense against my 40k attack - so not many losses there - but when I do get someone who I'm getting a casualty every attack, I'll even lose like 2 AT's and 1 Warthog (left over from mission requirements).

I am at 450ish allies - and even with ALL my Gold units - the AT's make it into battle.

I lose like 1 Hornet or Osprey every 50 or so battles - which is kinda how I think it is supposed to be. Got the Ambulance crate loot for 20% less casualties and my Infirmary is level 3 at the moment.

I lose 1 high value valor unit, whether it be SF, SH or M270 like 1 out of every 3-5 units i lose. So im attacking people that will give me zero casualties sometimes. Then sometimes they will kill flamethrowers, but they still kill the valor units every few fights. So yeah, your losses are very low. I would be over 75K attk/def by now if i only lost 1 high value item every 50 fights.

Mcdoc
05-03-2012, 12:30 AM
@JMC - it hate to even ask - but how many AT's you got? I honestly thought by now mine would fall off my battle list, but even with all my Gold Units - so maybe it is sheer percentages based on my 492 AT's ( even if I'm only bringing 120 in)

mickymacirl
05-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Lose at least 3 units an attack, and usually 2 or 3 when raiding even someone 20k less att and def.

I make sure to pad out with desert leaders etc and its not so bad.

Out of maybe 200 attacks I'd lose 3 valor units :(

JMC
05-03-2012, 12:51 AM
@JMC - it hate to even ask - but how many AT's you got? I honestly thought by now mine would fall off my battle list, but even with all my Gold Units - so maybe it is sheer percentages based on my 492 AT's ( even if I'm only bringing 120 in)

I have never farmed an amphibious trooper. So, i have zero. Nor would they make it into my army any way.

Maverick50727
05-03-2012, 08:54 AM
OK, JMC. I hear you, you are calling me out by facts if not by name. I know we traded PMs about this last month. Yes I still have low loss rates compared to most and profit on valor missions still. But I'm still much lower than you but gaining slowly with leveling in events. And I'm still at a loss (pun) to determine why I have lower rates. My losses increased the more allies I added especially when I didn't keep to my balanaced approach of SH, SF an M270s. I take screen shots when I do get lost units but haven't done the metrics in a while to determine how good/bad. Life has been busy outside of this game. Most of what I lose is M270s and loot though, rare SH, SF and cash units.

I was honest with you in all the PM and strategies I use, but sorry they backfired for you. That is why I now tell people results may vary wildly and not try to reproduce exactly. Take information as a guide and adpat to your needs and strategies tweaking as you go.

I still don't know if is a bug, but more of a sweet spot. The whole problem is that we don't know how the game dynamics work in matching up your strongest units and how the win/lose thing is determined. Or how units are matching up in the attack/def. There are strong against values with a 25% diminishing value, so they get paired somehow. Comparing me to you is like apples and oranges probably in unit makeup too.

You can always send me an ally request and take a look at me if you want. But it may be a few weeks before I could really have the time to dive into a real deep analysis of your units myself, but I would liek to see what you really have and your base looks like. But looking at some of your posts and comments I have to ask a few questions/post comments:

1.) do you really know what units you take to battle? can you see them all of units at your high ally count or are they masked by the 45 display limit (I see all and I haven't figured out the dynamics what is done in the event of a tie onteh lowest, so I take units sometimes I would have never expected)? I know when you dropped allies you only took in SH, but I'm starting to think that could be bad and a balaced army is better. If all you take in is hornets, of course all you lose is hornets. The rate and why is the real question.

2.) You say you have a good density, true but you said you lose flamethrowers? Now that shocks me as they are only 8/5, so they must be on the attack side. You using 5 on defense should be insane. No offense but if you are using them as meat shields at your level and stats, I also find that unbelievable. I haven't been able to use them since March, when I dropped my allies, but even now after increasing my allies near max I have even pushed all of my cruisers out of list to take to battle. That is why I'm losing more high in pvp/pve loot instead.

3.) If this is a bug like What? stated about people not getting any loot. It may come out in the wash with the next update which I expect soon. They have been talking about new content and pvp ranking stuff recently. If the loss rate changes for me and others we might be able to say it is a bug. But it would be interesting for a dev to state this is a known issue. I have heard of nothing.

4.) My luck started in March around the 1.5 patch, but I also dropped allies down to 50 from 500, increased density, bought units with strong against and used a balanced approach, killed off many of my weaker units with high or medium values, replacing high/medium units with only valor/loot (low) or cash units (very low) using only those with the best consume percent as published by Trampstamp sheet. I even control my ally count to control the numbers of units I brought to battle to reduce loses, for instance I reduced for a while to push out my cruisers. Even though they were very low and consume %, they still cost 225K and chance to lose them. But I will confirm that with the install of 1.5 my loss went from very low with a low ally count to almost none instantly. But I think they may possibly tweak loss rates during events as I got higher losses back after the event, but still low comapred to other since I had allow ally count. I just have done so many changes I don't know if my continued low loss once increasing allies back is related to a bug or related to all my changes and strategies. I would like to think the later.

5.) Another thing is the skills, which we know is a wildcard and confirmed by devs to "affect all pvp actions" both attack and raids. You are also much higher still than me in levels, so the whales hitting you may be larger. It also is unknown how their and your skill points are allocated. I've lost more units to a few people than others and asked what there points were, some don't answer some won't tell as they like secrets, some give exact numbers. I noticed a few who did respond that I lost more to, had all their points to def and almost nothing in attack. So that could be possibility too. I suspect many of the whales with pure gold armies don't work about def and have everythinging in attack also.

Any thoughts from you, members or devs are welcome if this is a know bug. I have seen many many people I attack for 20 hits and they never lose a single unit. I have allied with some as we just butted heads and neither of us could do real damage on the other. Our stamina was best used elsewhere.

Jp lfs
05-03-2012, 09:22 AM
JMC, I would love to check out your unit composition to see what you use. Please add me? I have heard lots of theories on this issue, but none of us are giving each other enough info to figure it out. For example, distribution between the 4 unit types, focus on a single unit (most people use SH's) and skill point distribution. I think if enough data is shared, we could collectively work out a solution?

Obviously, you are more experienced than most of us, so your insight would be (and is) really helpful.

Jp lfs
05-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Wow. Maverick said all the stuff I meant, just way better.

*feeling silly.

Maverick50727
05-03-2012, 09:42 AM
JMC, I would love to check out your unit composition to see what you use. Please add me? I have heard lots of theories on this issue, but none of us are giving each other enough info to figure it out. For example, distribution between the 4 unit types, focus on a single unit (most people use SH's) and skill point distribution. I think if enough data is shared, we could collectively work out a solution?

Obviously, you are more experienced than most of us, so your insight would be (and is) really helpful.You are already allies with me, have you ever looked between ours. I haven't. I did work via PM with an number of senior members on this and other issues, but we never had any luck. I have never really looked at JMC since I don't see him in my ally list. I worked with some other senior members but haven't had much luck. It is hard to compare apples and oranges too. I hear JMC has mastered man many mission levels, so he probably has a diverse unti list becuase of that. I stopped doing missions in March and just starting to look at them again in new light due to recent events/changes. They were never productive for me in the past asa they cost too much in unit that if taken to battle were redily lost. Now that my lowest unit is above the required units I can do them and not lose them outside of the mission itself.

I've got some things going on in the family and work for the next few days, so I won't have much time to read any in the forum or do too much here. But PM me if you need me as I will check that first before any threads. I'm also only been able to do 1/10 the amount of attacks I normally do since the start of the event, just haven't had time.

Maverick50727
05-03-2012, 10:43 AM
OK, JMC here is a interesting thought. You are painted into that corner being so high as a free player. I was thinking this. The higher and higher you high, the less "free" players there are and more "gold" players most likely in you rivals list. Gold units are much, much better in stats. That is why you can buy $100-1000 and stomp on people in lower levels. No offense, gold players, but it is of course easier to buy strength quickly this way than the time it takes for a free player to earn the cash to buy the equal strength. Often it takes 2-4 good valor or cash units to equal a single gold unit stats. That is why time and economy is so important to the "free" players and they can never go one on one with a gold whale as some call them. It is just impossible, end of story. Just a number thing and weighted advantages that are stacked against you, IMO. You get what you pay for. Simple as that.

But here is another kicker I just found crunching some numbers from an old data file from TrampStamp (months old). We have mentioned the 25% diminishing counter/strong against bonus for some units. Well I never reallized until now the gold players have you hands down there too. Looking at the number of cash and valor units that IMO that can be used effectively due stats and consumption rates, you get 3 valor units and 6 cash units for "free" players. Some may argue for 3-4 more maybe. But on the other hand the gold players have of these and an additional 35 more units that have strong against counters. All 35 gold units have much better stats if not as much as 10X their cash/valor counterparts. Now this as I say is from a very old file. If I had the current unit data file and quick way to import the XML in into excel I could say more. I'm pretty sure nothing has been added on the free side, but it would not surprise me with all the LE, crates, and other content added since this snaphot that the number of gold units with counters could be in fact much larger these days.

Keep this in mind too, based on your rivals unit makup. I doubt you can find many "free" players to beat on in you list correct? I know I'm starting to see less and less myself.

Jp lfs
05-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Mav, sorry it took so long to reply on this, but I was checking our bases and stats and inventories against each other.

Jp lfs
05-03-2012, 12:49 PM
It is completely apples to bowling balls between us, but we have the exact same results. We need more data.

Tctiger
05-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Sounds like some people are cheating to me , losing a valor unit in 50 that's a joke and to be honest hearing people are glitching to get low casualties has put me off game.

Jp lfs
05-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Sounds like some people are cheating to me , losing a valor unit in 50 that's a joke and to be honest hearing people are glitching to get low casualties has put me off game.

Is this directed towards me? I assure you I respect this game and my fellow players, especially the ones here on the forum way too much to cheat. The goal is to find a way to lower your casualty rate, so that PvP'ing is more economical. Not to cheat.

KCh
05-03-2012, 02:14 PM
OK, JMC here is a interesting thought. You are painted into that corner being so high as a free player. I was thinking this. The higher and higher you high, the less "free" players there are and more "gold" players most likely in you rivals list. Gold units are much, much better in stats. That is why you can buy $100-1000 and stomp on people in lower levels. No offense, gold players, but it is of course easier to buy strength quickly this way than the time it takes for a free player to earn the cash to buy the equal strength. Often it takes 2-4 good valor or cash units to equal a single gold unit stats. That is why time and economy is so important to the "free" players and they can never go one on one with a gold whale as some call them. It is just impossible, end of story. Just a number thing and weighted advantages that are stacked against you, IMO. You get what you pay for. Simple as that.

But here is another kicker I just found crunching some numbers from an old data file from TrampStamp (months old). We have mentioned the 25% diminishing counter/strong against bonus for some units. Well I never reallized until now the gold players have you hands down there too. Looking at the number of cash and valor units that IMO that can be used effectively due stats and consumption rates, you get 3 valor units and 6 cash units for "free" players. Some may argue for 3-4 more maybe. But on the other hand the gold players have of these and an additional 35 more units that have strong against counters. All 35 gold units have much better stats if not as much as 10X their cash/valor counterparts. Now this as I say is from a very old file. If I had the current unit data file and quick way to import the XML in into excel I could say more. I'm pretty sure nothing has been added on the free side, but it would not surprise me with all the LE, crates, and other content added since this snaphot that the number of gold units with counters could be in fact much larger these days.

Keep this in mind too, based on your rivals unit makup. I doubt you can find many "free" players to beat on in you list correct? I know I'm starting to see less and less myself.

The problem is the very high casualty rates when attacking a player with 1/10 your strength, most often being a free player if they're that weak. In these levels there are still strong free players, but a lot of them have very low casualties. Most of the strong free players that I see get all their strength from valor units, most of them having 1000+ super hornets, 400+ M270 MLRS, 400+ stealth frigates in their army. A lot of these players most of the time have only 7000-12000 fights won and only around 1000 successful raids completed, making it impossible to have that many valor units unless they are taking very little or no losses.

Obviously when attacking gold players, casualties are expected. But I mostly only attack free players with less than 10k defense to get the least casualties possible, but I'm still losing a cash unit almost every attack(usually biowarfares and commandos), more expensive cash units every 2-5 attacks(usually a rapid-fire attack vehicle, mobile artillery, comanche, harrier, stryker, B-52 bomber), and valor units every 2-5 attacks(super hornet, MLRS, stealth frigate).

I started trying to save valor maybe 40-45 missions ago, only buying back lost valor units to maintain strength and never buying additional valor units to gain strength. So far in 40-45 valor missions I've earned 80,000-90,000 valor and only saved up about 5000 valor.

Maverick50727
05-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Sounds like some people are cheating to me , losing a valor unit in 50 that's a joke and to be honest hearing people are glitching to get low casualties has put me off game.I assure you I have and never will cheat. it is against my morals and takes the challenge and fun out. It colud be many are victims of some type of bug of lower loss that than others, but it is not by their doing it seems.

I know I took many steps and strategies to reduce my losses, and did so successfully prior to the 1.5 version. But I can't tell you what losses others are getting exaclty so it is hard to compare them to me or others who are lower. Many that I tried had tons of meat shield infantry which I stopped using longer ago due to their high consumption rate and cost.

Given time the next version might fix things. The one think I hate about Funzio is I have never found any type of release notes. I hadn't had time to start a thread on this, but might in the future. Any dev team should have version/release notes stating the current version and past versions, what was fixed, what was added, and what is currenlty a known bug. In my line of work I deal with 1,000's of these type docs in my job and it is a requirement to have in place. I'm sure Funzio has this, just that it isn't published to the public, but IMO it should be public and on their web site. If it is let me know where I can find it.

Thinkof it like and other software or drivers. You go to HP or Dell's website and you have release notes for a driver stating what was fixed in a running history/release notes for their customers. Maybe a good idea for Funzio to follow?

manbeast
05-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Almost everyone up here has a collection of gold units. Ranging from a few hundred dollars worth to thousands of dollars worth.

Most of the guys that beat me lost about half of the attacks, and many had a lot of gold units.

However, some of them don't have many gold units and instead have tons of valor units. These are the guys that have the low casualty glitch, and in turn they were able to collect probably 100000-200000 more valor than me as none of their units died off. That's how unfair the advantage is for them. The last 50 force degradation missions i did, just replaced units that i lost. That's 100000 valor worth of losses attacking for a couple weeks. Before these crappy missions, the valor missions paid out like 2800 per, and they required less hits and there was total war, which is way better than force degradation. So i was still gaining stats, but i still had really bad losses. I likely lost at least 100000 valors worth doing some of those earlier missions, just had much better payouts so i got stronger.

Their casualty rate allowed them to accumulate 600+ more valor units than me and that's how they overpower me, mixed in with a few dozen gold units. I sent in a ticket to support about this glitch/bug and they weren't aware of it, told me they'd investigate though. Hopefully if they do find it to be true, some sort of compensation can be paid out, as that unfair advantage gives them 15K+ worth of stats that they shouldn't have.

Here's an off the wall idea... I have noticed that a lot of the time the units I lose in battle are the ones I purchased most recently... For instance, if I buy 100 snipers and then 50 super hornets, and fight right after I will almost always lose a super hornet. If I purchase the 50 super hornets THEN the 100 snipers I'll just lose snipers.

Bc of this I never purchase valor units and go straight to battle. Call me superstitious but I'm pretty sure it works. been doing it for months now

Hellstorm
05-03-2012, 04:00 PM
The casualty rate is awful. I observed that it increased with reaching higher levels, but far more the growth in ally count bumped up the losses dramatically. I'm lvl 95 now with a little over 300 allies. Ver since I jumped from 100 to 300 my casualty rate exploded along side. I have lost almost all my valor units, right now down to 6 sh and 5 sf. And I spent over 100k on those valor units. I changed my strategy from offense to defense and it works. My attack stats used to be little higher than my defense. However, now my defense is almost double my offense. With 300 allies I have a defense of approx 30.000 with a lvl9 composite. It seems that most of the attackers can't breach my defense, they probably see 22k defense and than hit almost 30k... And wonder why. Out of 10 attacks I lose around 1or 2. I'm happy with that and plan to continue building up my density in defense. The few valor I had saved up I spent on ms's and got over 100 of them. Now I'm going for 100 mine launchers. The 300 ambulances and 200 sea scouts that I have now will also be bumped up. The sher focus for me lies in defense now, it does make the game boring though. Pvp was the fun part, and it was economically not only sastainable but profitable. Not anymore...
My advise is to build your economy, get all the money buildings including the nano as fast as you can. Try to reach 300k per hour so you are prepared when it comes to a point where you have to shift your strategies. Be able to sustain yourself without pvp and focus on density. I'm at lvl 95 now... I have pursued this strategy since lvl 85 and have reached a good point, that is that most attackers fail.

JMC
05-03-2012, 04:48 PM
*This is mostly directed at the multiple posts maverick posted while i was gone*
I am referring to you mostly in my decision to drop allies, but a few others also told me they were experiencing low casualties there as well. I would not have done it off of 1 example. They ALL seemed to have had the glitch. Also dozens of people actually attacking me and losing, claiming to have very low casualties. This is when i noticed the glitch has become pretty widespread.

My unit make up in attack and defence consists of 600 stealth frigates, 450 super hornets and 365 M270 MLRS's.

In defence i also bring 180 Stealth Surveillance Drones and about 400 military ambulances as well as various high stat loot items and high stat cash items required for missions.

In my attack make-up i bring all those same units, but since just about ALL of my middle strength units have died off, i keep my weakest units stocked up with flamethrower troops as they always die a lot and are very cheap to replace. Also have the strong against bonus so it's a little bit more powerful than it looks in terms of stats. My density is still fairly high, but the way i keep it is i have the very strong units on top and then very weak units like flamethrower troops making up the bottom 100 units of my army make-up. They work effectively as meatshields. When i had 250 biowarfare troops as my weakest, every single one of them died off when i stopped replacing them for a week. The cost for that was not worth it. Eventually i will raise my overall unit density and i can do it very easily with bio warfares, but for now, i am attacking fairly often and do not want to deal with extra losses.

The high unit density i was talking about was also when i dropped all those allies. So my unit make up consisted of ONLY SH's, SF's and M270s. At that time i also had some biowarfares which would be the equivalent in attack strength to the M270s. Unit density was somewhere over 30 at that time and it did not help at all. Also remember digitalwalker coming up with the theory that his low casualty may have been caused by the fact that his army in battle was 100% valor with a few gold units. I know he had low allies, but he seemed to keep similarly low casualty rates when he raised his ally count over 400. Made my decision to try a denser army with valor units, also off his feedback, though it seems he may of had the glitch as well. His army also was not diverse if i remember correctly and all his valor units were SHs.

As for free players being stronger than me. There are many players that are stronger than me as *free* players or nearly free players. These guys all have the low casualty glitch and can obtain many valor units without having to replace any. This allowed them to all gain over 400 more total valor units than me, putting their stats over 70K. If i did not experience these ridiculous losses, just in the last 3 weeks i could of accumulated 600 more valor units. But in turn i have only gained about 40.

Hellstorm
05-03-2012, 05:11 PM
I wish I had that glitch. Lucky people

Maverick50727
05-03-2012, 07:31 PM
@JMC. I'll post more if I can tomorrow. Have stuff going on in the family now

I agree with you now once I got more data and feedback from a lot of PMs. I haven't been attacking as much recently but agree something is wrong here. I'll use my advantage the next few days and look at losses of people on the other side too. I will see if I can find anything in common. If I do find anything I'll let you know in a PM so you can pass on to devs.

I only lose 1 unit when i have a loss, but I'll track how often and get the average. I'm not seeing any losses in my news feed though now either. I'll have to watch that closer. I see lost kits but no units listed there. But I was just hit by big bad wolf so I should have lost units but he got $0 so it may have been a single hit vs multiple which would have losses. All the people I have hit thus far who lose units have the mobile unit like you. But it can't be that. LOL

I'll dig back in saved PMs but I think it came about with 1.5. 99% sure it was that as I had lower losses already with low allies and other strategies. 1.5 was supposed to fix things I thought and everyone said yah that they could do PvP again.

JohnnyR
05-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Wondering if high casualties are intentional in some instances, to promote ingenuity, creativity, and strategizing...or maybe to just drive us all nuts. ;-P

JMC
05-03-2012, 09:11 PM
A couple people on the forum had zero casualty before 1.5. One being Zyn. He was the first to report zero casualties and had absolutely no losses, ever.

Then with 1.5, many more started to report very low losses, but this new wave of glitched players, still have some losses, but very few. Also at this time i think zyn said that his immunity to casualty stopped. So maybe they tried to fix it and in turn, created a more widespread problem with similar effects.

At first i thought it was just a few people, but just about everyone that's attacked me lately and isn't a 100K+ stat gold player, appears to have the glitch. I sent a ticket to support about it and they said they'd look into it. Hopefully there's some way for them to figure out exactly who has the glitch and find some way to compensate the others for the unfair advantage these people have had for months.

I know if i had the glitch, my 2000 unit army would be 100% valor and on my way to replacing m270s in my attack make-up with SHs/SFs and replacing SFs in my defence make-up with more M270s. Would be closing in on 80K defence and 75K attack. Instead im 15K-20K lower in both areas while people with the glitch have surpassed me and gone into the high 60Ks and 70Ks.

JohnnyR
05-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Just increased my ally count by fifty, hoping to take more lower value units to spare my SHs.....resulting in incredible losses, 1-2 unit loss guaranteed per hit on everything. :-/ Maybe 1 SH or Strike Eagle lost every 5/6 hits wasn't so bad after all.... Think I lost 10 units on one base, maybe this guy threw everything into defensive skill points or something, feeling much pain now.

Hellstorm
05-03-2012, 10:50 PM
How many allies do you have?

JohnnyR
05-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Moved from 99 to 147.

JMC
05-03-2012, 11:15 PM
What are your stats compared to his? Really shouldnt be touching anyone with more than 30% of your stats. Want him to be under 20% to get decent casualties and under 10% to get good casualties.

JohnnyR
05-04-2012, 12:02 AM
14k+ attack vs his 6 k dfense.

Hard to find anything better. :-/ Maybe I should shave a few allies back off....

JMC
05-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Yeah, someone with that much compared to your own, is going to regularly give you 1 or 2 casualties per attack.

You either stay at very low allies to get low casualty rates or you go topped out and fight people with your maximum stats vs their crappy stats.

Mcdoc
05-04-2012, 12:50 AM
@JohnnyR - how many AT's you got on the Chain Gang?

mickymacirl
05-04-2012, 04:08 AM
As a test I just added an extra 50 allies from my current count of 465 (level 93)

I believe I've hit the sweet spot, about 1 loss per attack, before I was hitting at least 3 per attack.

I'll keep the details and post.

Agent Orange
05-04-2012, 06:09 AM
Think I just found one of those pvp players exploiting the bug, I notice you have too based on his back wall. Is this something being looked into?

If not this new pvp ranking is going to be another catastrophe, since most players will never make any gains only huge losses.

umayos_ka123@yahoo.com
05-04-2012, 09:03 AM
I battled an opponent who is the same level as me with a defense of 7799, my offense stat is 14,200. guess what? I lost 2 super hornet & I gained 3 medals & 5 eperience! Come on! My super hornet cost 700 medals and this is what I get? I'm getting ripped!

Maverick50727
05-04-2012, 09:06 AM
The problem is the very high casualty rates when attacking a player with 1/10 your strength, most often being a free player if they're that weak. In these levels there are still strong free players, but a lot of them have very low casualties. Most of the strong free players that I see get all their strength from valor units, most of them having 1000+ super hornets, 400+ M270 MLRS, 400+ stealth frigates in their army. A lot of these players most of the time have only 7000-12000 fights won and only around 1000 successful raids completed, making it impossible to have that many valor units unless they are taking very little or no losses.

Obviously when attacking gold players, casualties are expected. But I mostly only attack free players with less than 10k defense to get the least casualties possible, but I'm still losing a cash unit almost every attack(usually biowarfares and commandos), more expensive cash units every 2-5 attacks(usually a rapid-fire attack vehicle, mobile artillery, comanche, harrier, stryker, B-52 bomber), and valor units every 2-5 attacks(super hornet, MLRS, stealth frigate).

I started trying to save valor maybe 40-45 missions ago, only buying back lost valor units to maintain strength and never buying additional valor units to gain strength. So far in 40-45 valor missions I've earned 80,000-90,000 valor and only saved up about 5000 valor.
Yes, we know there is some low loss bug, but I will still talk to your post here as this should still add value and saw this help me even before the 1.5 patch.

FYI, I see the same thing even in my low losses. I lose more often to a person with much lower stats than more equal to me. If I'm 50A , I look for rivals 30-40D. I still do attacks on people with 5-8KD if it meets a valor goals, but I don't push my luck and do full runs. The random loss seems to be more likely on lower stat rivals when doing multiple attacks for me IMO. People have thought this might be by design to protect weaker rivals. IDK. It is not fair anyway so I do the midrange and try to watch rival losses. If I see them losing to many high ticket items, I'll move on to another to be nice.

I kind of fit that description, but not that many: 470 SH, 345 SF, 310 MLRS M270. I go more for a balance. I get a lot of strength from other cash and loot items. Next time I analyze my own units I’ll make note to check the ratio of sea, air, ground and infantry and where strength comes from too for valor, cash and loot. Good point, I don’t want to depend on any one thing too much. Another reason I always cached valor prior to low losses too.

Add me as an ally if you don't mind and can do some comparison sometime when I have more time.

Now you say you lose these units in attacks, are these yours and not incoming attacks as you defense loses may be different. Sounds like to me the Commando is your lowest attack unit you are taking in that you typically use, may not be your absolute lowest. As for your typical losses, no offense, but you described every unit I stay away from. So taht is just another thing that make me harder to comapre to others. I use the 3 top valors of course, but I don't currently use a single unit in the other you listed. If I did I would only the B52 or Comanche. Why??? Because one of my strategies was to use units only with a "low" or "very low" casualty rate description and a low consume percent value (I like .003 or below and typically stay away from anything doesn't have double leading zeroes at this point). A B52 or Commanche have better consume % than my M270's and the B52 has a ground counter bonus, so Yes I looked at both of those already, but haven't unlocked them yet. I made plans 2 days ago for a military upgrade strategy for the next month and I'm currently on step 2 of 8. Those 2 units are actually steps 4 and 8 in my plan.

As why you may lose these units the most, I have to speculate since I don't know your entire attack/defense battle group, qty and don't use them myself. But you list medium and high units. I took the units you gave and sorted by the consume % from largest to lowest. Notice what is on top and bottom. You might want to do the same with your entire attack/def battle groups to see if it also matches your loses there to a T. In a few past analysis I did for people, I didn't ask what they were losing. I dumped everything into excel, sorted by the consume %, compared to the quantities of the had the most of and the % those units made of the battle group, then said I bet you lose these units more than others. They asked how did I that magic trick, but you are forcing this magician to revel some of his secrets now. LOL Of course I haven't had time to do any of this in depth stuff since Feb and got most of my data from TrampStamp and suffered greatly at his loss here. Not sure if the same patterns exist as the game has had major changes since then. These days I ask people up front what they are losing instead and go from there. The old data is out there still, how and whether people use is up to them. I just don't have the time to do the work for everyone these days. I have been thinking about getting with a few seniors to revamp the sheets, but I need to find a easy way to get units data files (I don't know if it comes only from a jailbroken device which I don’t have) and then find a easy way to automatically import the data file into excel to manipulate. The secret was lost with TrampStamp, so if someone still talks to him I would like to know. (PM me) New units and content come out so often I find it hard to do my "White Horse Analysis" for people who ask me for help like I did in the past as all the new unit info is not in there. One reason I also don't try to analyze gold players as half their units I probably won't have data for.

But I digress, Here is your units listed and sorted. See what I mean by the double .00’s being the better units? Also your B52’s and Comanche’s fall right in the middle of the valor I use, that is why I looked at them along with some other units. Is this a wise strategy I have??? It is your choice, but IMO is loggical. Just saying it is one of the reasons and strategies I apply. I also quit doing missions a while back as they cost too much and units required often had extreme casualty rate I didn’t want in my army. I had waited until my lowest unit was higher that a mission until requirement so I could safely add them, but fear not losing them outside of the missions to pvp. Yes, this keeps me from a lot of missions I know. I’m re-evaluating missions now for other reasons I won’t go into at this point.

Name Consumption rate Consumption Description
Commando 0.03685 High
Bio Warfare Troop 0.0335 High
Stryker 0.02144 Medium
Mobile Artillery 0.0201 Medium
Harrier Jet 0.01206 Medium
M270 MLRS 0.0075 Low
B-52 Bomber 0.00637 Medium
Comanche Helicopter 0.00402 Low
Super Hornet 0.003 Low
Stealth Frigate 0.0025 Low

Ducati
05-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Lol I never lose any units doing PvP , I have the glitch .... Wooooooot

Maverick50727
05-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Lol I never lose any units doing PvP , I have the glitch .... Wooooooot
Yes I appear to have the glitch also although I already had low losses due to my low ally counts and other strategies I put in place, so I didn't notice it and questioned if it really was a bug. With all the data I have seen recently I have to say yes it exists and I appear to have it to some extent also. Like I said I had low, but it did drop further looking back now, to the 1.5 patch. I have low losses, but if/when they fix this, will I still enjoy low losses that are livable since I have leveled up quickly? I think so and I'm making other plans in case.

Don't laugh yet, you might go one day from no losses to 3 units every attack and then get pounded by those larger and with better units until you are in the stoneage. Since the max attacks allowed have doubled, you can lose things twice as fast too. Better be ready and JMC will laugh last.

Ducati
05-04-2012, 10:28 AM
We shall see mav

KCh
05-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Yes, we know there is some low loss bug, but I will still talk to your post here as this should still add value and saw this help me even before the 1.5 patch.

FYI, I see the same thing even in my low losses. I lose more often to a person with much lower stats than more equal to me. If I'm 50A , I look for rivals 30-40D. I still do attacks on people with 5-8KD if it meets a valor goals, but I don't push my luck and do full runs. The random loss seems to be more likely on lower stat rivals when doing multiple attacks for me IMO. People have thought this might be by design to protect weaker rivals. IDK. It is not fair anyway so I do the midrange and try to watch rival losses. If I see them losing to many high ticket items, I'll move on to another to be nice.

I kind of fit that description, but not that many: 470 SH, 345 SF, 310 MLRS M270. I go more for a balance. I get a lot of strength from other cash and loot items. Next time I analyze my own units I’ll make note to check the ratio of sea, air, ground and infantry and where strength comes from too for valor, cash and loot. Good point, I don’t want to depend on any one thing too much. Another reason I always cached valor prior to low losses too.

Add me as an ally if you don't mind and can do some comparison sometime when I have more time.

Now you say you lose these units in attacks, are these yours and not incoming attacks as you defense loses may be different. Sounds like to me the Commando is your lowest attack unit you are taking in that you typically use, may not be your absolute lowest. As for your typical losses, no offense, but you described every unit I stay away from. So taht is just another thing that make me harder to comapre to others. I use the 3 top valors of course, but I don't currently use a single unit in the other you listed. If I did I would only the B52 or Comanche. Why??? Because one of my strategies was to use units only with a "low" or "very low" casualty rate description and a low consume percent value (I like .003 or below and typically stay away from anything doesn't have double leading zeroes at this point). A B52 or Commanche have better consume % than my M270's and the B52 has a ground counter bonus, so Yes I looked at both of those already, but haven't unlocked them yet. I made plans 2 days ago for a military upgrade strategy for the next month and I'm currently on step 2 of 8. Those 2 units are actually steps 4 and 8 in my plan.

As why you may lose these units the most, I have to speculate since I don't know your entire attack/defense battle group, qty and don't use them myself. But you list medium and high units. I took the units you gave and sorted by the consume % from largest to lowest. Notice what is on top and bottom. You might want to do the same with your entire attack/def battle groups to see if it also matches your loses there to a T. In a few past analysis I did for people, I didn't ask what they were losing. I dumped everything into excel, sorted by the consume %, compared to the quantities of the had the most of and the % those units made of the battle group, then said I bet you lose these units more than others. They asked how did I that magic trick, but you are forcing this magician to revel some of his secrets now. LOL Of course I haven't had time to do any of this in depth stuff since Feb and got most of my data from TrampStamp and suffered greatly at his loss here. Not sure if the same patterns exist as the game has had major changes since then. These days I ask people up front what they are losing instead and go from there. The old data is out there still, how and whether people use is up to them. I just don't have the time to do the work for everyone these days. I have been thinking about getting with a few seniors to revamp the sheets, but I need to find a easy way to get units data files (I don't know if it comes only from a jailbroken device which I don’t have) and then find a easy way to automatically import the data file into excel to manipulate. The secret was lost with TrampStamp, so if someone still talks to him I would like to know. (PM me) New units and content come out so often I find it hard to do my "White Horse Analysis" for people who ask me for help like I did in the past as all the new unit info is not in there. One reason I also don't try to analyze gold players as half their units I probably won't have data for.

But I digress, Here is your units listed and sorted. See what I mean by the double .00’s being the better units? Also your B52’s and Comanche’s fall right in the middle of the valor I use, that is why I looked at them along with some other units. Is this a wise strategy I have??? It is your choice, but IMO is loggical. Just saying it is one of the reasons and strategies I apply. I also quit doing missions a while back as they cost too much and units required often had extreme casualty rate I didn’t want in my army. I had waited until my lowest unit was higher that a mission until requirement so I could safely add them, but fear not losing them outside of the missions to pvp. Yes, this keeps me from a lot of missions I know. I’m re-evaluating missions now for other reasons I won’t go into at this point.

Name Consumption rate Consumption Description
Commando 0.03685 High
Bio Warfare Troop 0.0335 High
Stryker 0.02144 Medium
Mobile Artillery 0.0201 Medium
Harrier Jet 0.01206 Medium
M270 MLRS 0.0075 Low
B-52 Bomber 0.00637 Medium
Comanche Helicopter 0.00402 Low
Super Hornet 0.003 Low
Stealth Frigate 0.0025 Low

I used to use all biowarfares for meatshields before, but now letting them die off and now also bring commandos into battle. The units I lose at the next highest rates are the valor units. When attacking players with less than 10k defense there is sometimes zero casualties on an attack and thats why I usually don't attack anyone with higher stats unless they have unvaulted cash. Attacking anyone with over 13k defense will always result in casualties for every single hit and most often the valor units + the high casualty units for every single hit. You said you get random casualties from players with low stats but don't get casualties from players with 30-40K stats which is the complete opposite from what me and many others are experiencing.

In that list, the valor units are listed as the units with the lowest consumption rate, but I lose them 3 times more often than I would lose anything else in that list between the stryker and comanche. Like you, I also keep my valor units diverse. I have 450 SH, 350 MLRS and 535 SF. Also, I have lost almost all of my strong loot which all have a "low" casualty rate. All the loot I have left are the ones that don't get brought into battle and the Venal Fighters which seem to have no casualties.

Are you saying that having units with "high" or "medium" casualty rates in your army causes the units with "low" casualty rates to die more often? Because I lose way more units with "low" casualty rate than I lose the ones that are "medium", and the majority of my army is "low". Having an army only consisting of units with a "low" casualty rate does seem logical to have overall lower casualties; but the low casualties people are experiencing are most likely from the glitch.

JMC
05-04-2012, 01:28 PM
The way i see it is that no matter what, you will experience the same amount of casualties overall.

Having an entire army of very low casualty rate units will not lower your casualties. How i think it works is like this. If you attack someone and 1 unit must die, this is where the casualty rate comes in, choosing which unit it will be. When i brought only low and very low casualty rate units into battle, my casualties did not decrease at all. All that happened was that the only units i had in battle were high value with low casualty rates, so they were the only units to be selected from for that death.

This is why meatshields work so effectively. They do not increase your overall casualty rate, but are more favourably selected as the unit that should die, should a casualty occur.
What im getting at is this. Say on average i lose 1 unit per attack. If i have 2000 stealth surveillance drones (very low casualty), I will still lose 1 stealth surveillance drone per attack.

Now on the other hand i have 2000 demolitions (very high casualty), I will still lose only 1 unit per attack, not 2 or 3.

However if i have 1000 stealth surveillance drones and 1000 demolitions, i will again still only lose 1 unit per attack. But, that unit will be the demolitions much more often than it will be the stealth surveillance.

Mcdoc
05-04-2012, 01:32 PM
AT's love to take a bullet for the team :).

For me, their casualty rate is "Always" :)

Maverick50727
05-04-2012, 01:49 PM
I used to use all biowarfares for meatshields before, but now letting them die off and now also bring commandos into battle. The units I lose at the next highest rates are the valor units. When attacking players with less than 10k defense there is sometimes zero casualties on an attack and thats why I usually don't attack anyone with higher stats unless they have unvaulted cash. Attacking anyone with over 13k defense will always result in casualties for every single hit and most often the valor units + the high casualty units for every single hit. You said you get random casualties from players with low stats but don't get casualties from players with 30-40K stats which is the complete opposite from what me and many others are experiencing.

In that list, the valor units are listed as the units with the lowest consumption rate, but I lose them 3 times more often than I would lose anything else in that list between the stryker and comanche. Like you, I also keep my valor units diverse. I have 450 SH, 350 MLRS and 535 SF. Also, I have lost almost all of my strong loot which all have a "low" casualty rate. All the loot I have left are the ones that don't get brought into battle and the Venal Fighters which seem to have no casualties.

Are you saying that having units with "high" or "medium" casualty rates in your army causes the units with "low" casualty rates to die more often? Because I lose way more units with "low" casualty rate than I lose the ones that are "medium", and the majority of my army is "low". Having an army only consisting of units with a "low" casualty rate does seem logical to have overall lower casualties; but the low casualties people are experiencing are most likely from the glitch.
Yes I know it is the opposite. I hit people people today and lost units to people in the 9K-19K def range to my 50K attack. I did the equal if not more attacks to people in the 20-45K range and haven't lost a single unit yet there. Still collecting data.

Yes all loot is classified as Low but their consumption rates vary. Venal Fighters are new and not in the old data file I have so I don't know their true consumption rate. If I get access to a new one I'll let you know. I have 42 Venal Fighters and haven't lost any yet either.

Not really what I was saying, but it is a good question. Until just recently I had only low, very low or indestructible reward units in my battle strength (on attack side). I only have 2 Leopard Tanks which are Medium in my attack battle group now as I needed them for some mission and a test to see how a lowest unit tie might work. My lowest units are all 13/12 stats. Bombardment Frigates, Leopard Tank and Artillery Gunner. I can't get rid of them easly unless they die off. In this particular 3 way tie of the lowest unit the bombarment frigate is dropped first. But I'm stuill using 182 of them, so it will take a lot of replacing by higher level units. Most of what I use these days cost more that 400K a pop, I haven't moved up to aircraft carriers or anything in the millions yet. But still that is lot of cash or valor to spend to test "medium".

I'm not sure on the defense side unless I dump all my units into excel again. Hadn't done that for a few weeks. I didn't really notice any difference when I add those 2 tanks, but my rate has gone up I think slightly but doubt due to that. I'm still collecting loss data now.

I have found a few people with the bug in attacks. I hit them for 40 attacks to test and they didn't lose anything. Others seem to lose 1-2 units ever other attack to me.

JMC
05-04-2012, 07:03 PM
The expensive cash units that he has are from doing PvE map mission goals. I had lots from doing them as well but most have died off by now because i stopped doing the missions. Funzio nerfed all the payouts to like $60 per energy and still haven't fixed it. Last 4 maps are like as profitable as the first 4.

JohnnyR
05-05-2012, 01:27 AM
@JohnnyR - how many AT's you got on the Chain Gang?

Third attempt in replying here!

They've all died on me, a testament to their usefulness, heheh! I've actually replaced them with the minisub (125) which also has the casualty rate of "always." ;-P

JMC
05-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Low Level loot seem to die all the time and high level loot are almost indestructible.

JMC
05-05-2012, 08:56 AM
was 47/48 for my valor mission so i decided to 1 attack on someone not under 10K defence just to finish it off. Guy has 26K defence which is still under half of my attack score.

http://i45.tinypic.com/np0vbt.png

Half of my valor reward lost in 1 attack.

Aidan
05-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Never like them. I'm down to 28 from 70 and i dont even do much attacking lately. Only valor missions. Only good if your lowest unit is higher than 17.

JMC
05-05-2012, 09:08 AM
I need the defence cuz im getting attacked. Also already have most of my valor units in SFs and SHs, so putting some into defence balances things out.

Aidan
05-05-2012, 09:14 AM
I know. It's lika having a nagging wife. You need her but cant stand the nagging.. Lol

How is your valor army composition like JMC? Even or heavier on SH?

Btw, no. I dont have nagging wife. My wife is lovely. God bless her

JMC
05-05-2012, 09:17 AM
600 SF 450 SH 398 M270s

If only 1000 of my valor units didnt die off, i'd be pretty strong.

Jp lfs
05-05-2012, 09:51 AM
600 SF 450 SH 398 M270s

If only 1000 of my valor units didnt die off, i'd be pretty strong.

JMC, do you have any GIGN's in your army? Could that addition help balance out the unit composition, and (hopefully) lower your casualty rate?

JMC
05-05-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't and i highly doubt unit composition has anything to do with overall casualty rate. As far as i've heard GIGNs die like crazy and their stats are barely high enough to make it into my army. They'd be a waste of valor even if they did lower my casualties some how.

EDIT: when i say unit composition, i mean, balancing between the types of valor units like infantry/ground/sea/air

Jp lfs
05-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Sorry, sir, it was just a thought. Trying to help solve the problem.

JMC
05-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Np, thanks for trying to help. Though nothing will lower the casualty rate for me unless funzio does something to it. I think we can pretty much confirm that these guys with low casualties are in a glitch.

JMC
05-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Anyone notice the casualty rate being higher today?

Not only did i lose those 3 valor units in 1 attack, i've been getting a much lower percentage of zero casualty fights against players under 5000 defence, and valor units along with high value cash units seem to be dying much more than my flamethrower soldiers are.

Casualty rate seems almost as bad as it was when it first went to sh*t. All except for the fact that i can still sometimes get zero casualties.

keijishun88
05-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Get more meat shield to lower down the casualty. Use 30% if sniper for ur battle, As 1 use only cost 10k.
The casualty of sniper is consider high thought. hope this may help.

JMC
05-05-2012, 03:45 PM
I use flamethrowers for meatshields.

JohnnyR
05-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Upped my allies enough to bring minisubs into my attack group, have already lost 12 and sparing my SHs and other high values a bit better. Still losing $100k+ and big valor units left and right, minisubs do help tho. Thanks for the reminder McDoc, been running low allies so long I forgot that tactic.

Aidan
05-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Just found another lucky bastrd with the glitch. This guy is my actually my ally. He attacked me, lost and ally requested me.

A week and half ago he was:

L91 and now he is L107
Had around 800ish SH and now has 1250 SH
Attack stat gone up from 43k to 60k (not counting boosts)
His economy is only 77k.

From that info alone you can tell that he has a zero or very low casualty. No way he can afford that if he's not having the glitch. Same like another ally of mine. Never lost his SH from the very first time that he bought them.

Freekizh
05-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Anyone notice the casualty rate being higher today?

Casualty rate seems almost as bad as it was when it first went to sh*t. All except for the fact that i can still sometimes get zero casualties.

I noticed it yesterday. I lost a SF and I just have 7 of them because I am so scared to buy any more. I buy big cash units instead now.

JMC
05-06-2012, 06:30 AM
its toned down a bit again, idk why it's so inconsistent.

EDIT: Nvm, just lost 6 valor units in a row.

JMC
05-07-2012, 04:42 AM
Found some more players with the glitch. They got like 2000+ valor units all while attacking me to complete missions. If they can get 350000 more valor than me, attacking people with 95% of their strength it's a pretty big give away. I might start putting together a list of all the known players with the glitch and see if that helps support find something.

Though I doubt after it's fixed (if it ever gets fixed) they will do anything to re-balance the game. No way they are dropping 1000 valor from their inventories or adding 350000 valor to the regular players' accounts. But, maybe those players will just quit the game when they know what PvP is really like.

Maverick50727
05-07-2012, 05:49 AM
Found some more players with the glitch. They got like 2000+ valor units all while attacking me to complete missions. If they can get 350000 more valor than me, attacking people with 95% of their strength it's a pretty big give away. I might start putting together a list of all the known players with the glitch and see if that helps support find something.

Though I doubt after it's fixed (if it ever gets fixed) they will do anything to re-balance the game. No way they are dropping 1000 valor from their inventories or adding 350000 valor to the regular players' accounts. But, maybe those players will just quit the game when they know what PvP is really like.
If it is fixed, it should rebalance itself after a period of time. How quickly will depend on the consumption rates of untis in their battle groups.

Let me know if I can help. I have a few suspects too, but it is hard to tell. I figure if I hit them 40 times and they don't lose a single unit, they should be a good candidate. Problem is I have a hard time even doing valor goals now. I can't find the targets. It seems like almost everyone has already been hit or is protectde player under a whale team, so I am having to start and watch my targets now.

Bronson
05-07-2012, 06:24 AM
If it is fixed, it should rebalance itself after a period of time. How quickly will depend on the consumption rates of untis in their battle groups.

Let me know if I can help. I have a few suspects too, but it is hard to tell. I figure if I hit them 40 times and they don't lose a single unit, they should be a good candidate. Problem is I have a hard time even doing valor goals now. I can't find the targets. It seems like almost everyone has already been hit or is protectde player under a whale team, so I am having to start and watch my targets now.

People are getting protected by whale teams??? Why???

JMC
05-07-2012, 01:55 PM

How would it re-balance? If their casualty rates increase to what it's like for everyone else, it's not like everyone else's casualty rates are decreased. Unless funzio does something, those players will always have hundreds more valor units than everyone else.

JMC
05-07-2012, 02:01 PM
People are getting protected by whale teams??? Why???

Some weak players are friends with or part of the big groups. Those guys arent just a bunch of *******s who attack everyone. Ask for an alliance and if they have no reason not to, they will ally with you. Sometimes if they target you, you will get attacked continuously for a week by all of them, day and night. But they will stop after the weeks up, again, unless they have a reason not to.

I do think a lot of them have quit or are just about to. Some minor issue with the rivals list i think, probably the fact that a lot of people who have already been killed show up and targets are a bit more difficult to find. Seems kind of weird to just quit a game they've all dumped $50000+ into because of something like that. All the big spenders in any game i've seen usually do that though. Spend a shtload and if everything is not perfect for them, they will just quit the game and throw it all away.

GenFrog
05-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Losing units left and right against weaker opponents ... What gives

kylearean
05-08-2012, 04:28 AM
It is too damn high. I just lost a dozen Medium casualty items, and almost no high casualty items in a single raid spree... it dropped my attack and def by over 100, and cost over 500,000 in loses (i am lvl 38). No valor units lost though, oddly enough.

I think I am going to start keeping a detailed list of losses vs player stats. Funzio must think we will spend gold to reduce losses... nope, I will just play other games. No unit loss is my favorite part of crime city, and I have spent money there.

Maverick50727
05-08-2012, 07:55 AM
How would it re-balance? If their casualty rates increase to what it's like for everyone else, it's not like everyone else's casualty rates are decreased. Unless funzio does something, those players will always have hundreds more valor units than everyone else.
Sorry re-balance as they will lose their untis too. You are rights in many cases if all they bought were hornets they will end up with more, but most likely they didn't play smart and have a balance. Many others will have strong against air and they could see great losses. It won't happen overnight for sure. The wiser rivals will outlast those that had this glitch becuase they probably were just attacking and doing so without regards to losses, strategies or unit makeup. As a result, they will probably have higher losses once fixed that they won't be able to replace as fast as you (the wiser rival) due to poor planning. Sound strategies should win out in the end in most cases.

A separate point. Just because it is valor doesn't mean it is the strongest either once you factor in strong against, nation and boost bonuses. Often even loot can be the equal or better than valor units. For instance an Iron Wing while 21/16 is still effective unit in a army since it also has a consume rate of .0025 the same as a valor Stealth Frigate and slightly better consumption than the Super Hornet which is .003. The Iron wing still can't beata SH, but here is a list of some units that are the equal of a SH depending whether you are attacking or defending. This assumes both players are using their 10% nation bonus to be equal and the deciding vote may simply be a better unit boost.

These lists are examples, not limited only to these units. There are many more loot items including event rewards, but I don't have full data on those yet. I don't list valor like M270 since I'm showing just cash and loot units >= the Super Hornet valor unit.
Attack Units >= 26 (SH Def)
Stealth Bomber
Railgun Destroyer
Nuclear Sub
Venal Fighter
SCUD
Ballistic Missile Sub
B-52 Bomber
Bombing Expert
Rocket Truck
Battleship
Viper Fighter Jet
Abrams M1 Tank
Aircraft Carrier
Predator Sub
Capital Sky Guard
Apache Helicopter

Def Units >= 36 (SH Attack)
Aircraft Carrier
Railgun Destroyer
Battleship

I'm trying to get away from so many valors. I used valor units and loot units to push my cash units out of my attack group and reduce my potential $cash units. Strength is quickest achieved through valor, but sometimes cash and loot in the long run is better.

FYI,
The last time I did a snapshot my strength of my attack battle group was allocated like this:
582 - Indestructible Reward Loot Units
12,538 - Loot Units
33,818 - Valor Units
1,168 - Cash Units

This is just the attack side and I minimized the cash units there by using loot and valor. But cash units on the defense side was over 7,000 instead of 1,168 and the strength from valor was <30,000. I didn't record the exact number on the defense side, but I have also increased the cash used on both sides since. These numbers made up my raw, but you still have to add in any nation, boost bonuses and sum of all defense buildings to detemine the alliance attack and def. I have every non-gold def building in use on my base.

Q Raider
05-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Currently at level 67 and from what I am seeing starting to get an indication of who is likely to give me the highest casualties.

Got hit by one guy earlier in the day (stats too good to retaliate) but went and had a look at his site.

His stats were 1519 missions completed, 2464/1118 fights W/L, 1794/45 raids W/L. Had this thread in kind so did a Valor items count and the total amount came to 46425 plus whatever he has in stock.

Compared it to mine with (2344 missions completed, 3003/354 fights W/L and 4839/159 raids W/L). My total Valor including what I have in stock comes to 31168 (plus a shedload of losses along the way GIGN's in particular)

There are Valor drops in the various events and you get Valor from completing Level 2 (and I think also level 4) on the PVE maps so difficult to work out a total possible amount of Valor either of us could have accumulated however as a guide consider this.

I have never lost a Valor unit in a PVE mission so will discount those from the calculation.

I have completed 8355 interactions in the game and have an average Valor to interaction number of 3.73, they have completed 5421 interactions in the game and have a Valor count of 8.56

That seems very lopsided to me. Hence I decided to try an experiment and went searching for someone who I felt also had a lopsided Valor count. Found someone with 14250 Valor in units and had 1200 interactions giving them a Valor count per interaction of 11.875. They also had there Valor items in units of either 10 or twenty which indicates to me they have Valor stocked up to replace items IF they were to ne lost.

4600 Attack (level 1 building bonuses) Vs my 5560 so figured I would lose some items but the raids would be successful.

Did my initial attack on a missile silo in case the game crashed, (didn't for once) and then went and made an additional 10 consecutive attacks on cash buildings.

1. Submarine
2. Submarine and Warthog
3. Sniper
4. 2 x Sniper and APC
5. A/A Vehicle (Valor item)
6. Submarine
7. Strike eagle (Valor Item)
8. No casualties
9. Strike eagle (Valor Item)
10. No casualties
11. Warthog

All raids "successful" total cash obtained 384,000. Checked the opponents result list each time, they did not lose a single unit.

I think for the next hundred raids I will take the time to do a "Valor per interaction" calculation and if the result is above 6 will look elsewhere and see what the losses stack up like then.

Maverick50727
05-08-2012, 09:24 AM
There are Valor drops in the various events and you get Valor from completing Level 2 (and I think also level 4) on the PVE maps so difficult to work out a total possible amount of Valor either of us could have accumulated however as a guide consider this.

I have never lost a Valor unit in a PVE mission so will discount those from the calculation.

I have completed 8355 interactions in the game and have an average Valor to interaction number of 3.73, they have completed 5421 interactions in the game and have a Valor count of 8.56

No I doubt anyone has looked at it this way, but just like you said you can't compute teh ammount of valor a person has even by the interaction. Everyone is going to be different for even some of the same reasons you specified.
-Valor through events (I know I had at least 11,500 valor from events). This is random and is also determine how much they try, succeed or even spen. This can vary too wildly
-pvp valor is random and even the amount gained may vary. valor payouts vary by the type of targets you attack
-pve goals like you said sometimes pay valor, so you can't factor that into your formulas. Also you don't included misions as a interaction to get valor in your formula even though you know some value does come from it
-you have now way to determine how much valor was lost in previous unit loses
-you can't even easily determine how much of thier valor in units are being used in your rivals attack/def battle groups. For instance I have valor spen in Avengers, combat boats, seahak, jungle stalker, etc that I don't even take to battle, thus I can't lose them.
-loses of valor units due to poor unit makeup, strategies or past decisions. What I mean here is many don't just buy SH, SF and M270 which are the top units, but also buy others which have significatly higher consumption rates. Even the GIGN has a consumption rate of .015 instead of .003, .0025 and .0075 of the SH, SF and M270 respectively. People also take their units up against other and lose more simply because of their unit makeup vs. their rivals. I have yet to see one person who can spend the hour or more to analyze their rivals makeup including, boost buildings, strong against, consumption rates, casualty rates, base defenses, %gold or indestructible units, etc. before attacking. It is just too hard so that is why there is the rule of thumb to alwasys to 30-40% of your stats to be safe, but that doesn't take into account the details.
-valor in goals depend on the goal requirements. You have now way in knowing if a rivals 10,000 interactions even targeted valor based goals. The only valor based goals left for me are the top 2. Attack X # of people at my level (1 goal per level) and attack X rivals >499 allies. I can say of the last 1,000 for me only about 10% were made against either of these.

A side point is you said you never lost a valor unit to PVE. You can only lose the 2 required posted unit types for that mission, nothing else. That is all that is being used in that case. I don't think there are any missions that require anything but cash based units.

Q Raider
05-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Noticed I made an error in my previous post. Double counted my banked Valor which means the calculation comparison for me is under 2 whilst the other one is unchanged at over 8.

Doesn't matter how you look at it those numbers do not add up and it points to JMC's glitch being a possible answer.

We are at the same level and I am currently working on Force degredation for 106 or more allies, (none in sight so cannot complete it). As he is same level then at best he can only be around the same point.

Decided to do a little more research to see if anything odd popped up. I decided to log their units into the sheet I did up for my stuff a while ago.

Couple of interesting things.

1. Apart from one or two signs of farming they appear to have completed each PVE Map only once which means that they will not have received any Valor from the PVE environment, just from GOALS, PVP and EVENTS.

2. The really noteable thing is that they have appear to have retained pretty much every unit they have received from within the PVE environment. They also have retained items we received during the earlier propellor and box drop events. I doubt many others can say the same thing on that front.

They have completed another thirty odd interactions since last post, have lost ten attacks but not one of their units has dropped in number. Appears they have just gained three more Loot units.

As JMC is doing will keep an eye on how they go for a week or so.

Maverick50727
05-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Noticed I made an error in my previous post. Double counted my banked Valor which means the calculation comparison for me is under 2 whilst the other one is unchanged at over 8.

Doesn't matter how you look at it those numbers do not add up and it points to JMC's glitch being a possible answer.

We are at the same level and I am currently working on Force degredation for 106 or more allies, (none in sight so cannot complete it). As he is same level then at best he can only be around the same point.

Decided to do a little more research to see if anything odd popped up. I decided to log their units into the sheet I did up for my stuff a while ago.

Couple of interesting things.

1. Apart from one or two signs of farming they appear to have completed each PVE Map only once which means that they will not have received any Valor from the PVE environment, just from GOALS, PVP and EVENTS.

2. The really noteable thing is that they have appear to have retained pretty much every unit they have received from within the PVE environment. They also have retained items we received during the earlier propellor and box drop events. I doubt many others can say the same thing on that front.

They have completed another thirty odd interactions since last post, have lost ten attacks but not one of their units has dropped in number. Appears they have just gained three more Loot units.

As JMC is doing will keep an eye on how they go for a week or so.

1.) Exactly how did you determine what PVE maps they have completed? I don't see how you can verify that at all.

2.) Not sure how you can verify this either as mcuh of the event loot can be obtained with PVE and PVP also. For instance, everyone a while back had access to a better class of loot and had chances for definsive cannon's and they are available in PVE.

Keep tracking though. I just question how you are determining these things, so please let us know.

carpect710
05-09-2012, 07:40 AM
I'm on lvl 33, with 16 allies, and for the past 2 days since the event started, I havent lost any single unit of mine. Maybe this is because I can bring 64 units, and half of it now is indestructible units that I earned from opening crates, and event units. But still, I usually use commandos for meat shield, and havent lost any of them since this event started...
I also feel wierd, usually, I have to replace them regularly every time I attack 1 - 2 people..

Q Raider
05-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Some loot is specific to certain maps Maverick. For example you can only get the mini-sub by hitting the submarine in the Naval Base map.

He has a lot of "one offs" of an item and when you look at them you can pretty much work out where he has been in the PVE section.

Maverick50727
05-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Some loot is specific to certain maps Maverick. For example you can only get the mini-sub by hitting the submarine in the Naval Base map.

He has a lot of "one offs" of an item and when you look at them you can pretty much work out where he has been in the PVE section.
See that is exactly what I mean. Sorry to bust your chops again but that is a bad example. I have 581 Mini-Subs (don't use any of them in my battle group) and not a single one came from any PVE, but PVP loot. Everyone had access to better PVP loot a while back like I said so they could get many of the loot items like defenive cannons from PVP in addtion to PVE and event rewards. Plus I think you meant Emir Island, not Naval Battle for the PVE mini-sub location. I haven't mapped out all the mission loot payouts, but some loot come from mutiple missions. I don't remember seeing any mini-subs drop on the naval map, but I only do select missions there currently.

Depends on the one-offs I guess. Where are you getting your mission loot payout information. From experience or some type of data file? If data files shoot me a PM as I would like more information and maybe work together on other projects. I'm mapping the boss payouts now, but I had started to do every mission on every map that has a loot unit payout yet. That may come later.

JohnnyR
05-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Was gonna point tgat out as well Mav, but they didn't make all PVE loots PVP, so his detective work makes sense IMHO.

Maverick50727
05-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Was gonna point tgat out as well Mav, but they didn't make all PVE loots PVP, so his detective work makes sense IMHO. No not entirely wrong. He appears to be using his head. You can tell a lot from people by just looking at their stats and units. You can see patterns but there are people like me that don't fit the standard. LOL

I'm more curious to see where he gets his data from for units only availalbe in certain maps. I haven't really seen anyone publish any full loot sheet yet, but he may just be looking looking at a select few. I've only mapped out 72 Loot units for boss missions so far, but slowly working on it as a side project. Looking for some good data sources to help me fill in the blanks.

Agent Orange
05-09-2012, 02:23 PM
I lose 1 high value valor unit, whether it be SF, SH or M270 like 1 out of every 3-5 units i lose. So im attacking people that will give me zero casualties sometimes. Then sometimes they will kill flamethrowers, but they still kill the valor units every few fights. So yeah, your losses are very low. I would be over 75K attk/def by now if i only lost 1 high value item every 50 fights.

I also loose SH and SF's on a very frequent basis, in some cases consecutively so as many as 5 - 10 in one round of attacks.

My guess other than PvP being totally screwed up is that I'm hitting a player with very high amounts of units that are strong against air. That is what I am doing with my defences but without being able to see the other players loss rates other than comments on my wall about how many valour units I nailed of theirs it's tough to say if this is actually the reason or not.

The other thing is those folks with low rates may be finding this because they are at lower levels than us. JMC is at L136 and I'm at L143 while my brothers are at lower levels and one has a very low ally count and is going up against players with similar stats and their loss rates are no where near as bad.

My gut feeling is that Funzio has rigged the game up in the highest levels so that players who wander into the mess are not completely wiped out.

JMC
05-09-2012, 02:24 PM
I also feel wierd, usually, I have to replace them regularly every time I attack 1 - 2 people..

This more applies to the higher levels, with high amounts of allies. It's well known that having very few allies, means very few units and very few losses.

JMC
05-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Sorry re-balance as they will lose their untis too. You are rights in many cases if all they bought were hornets they will end up with more, but most likely they didn't play smart and have a balance. Many others will have strong against air and they could see great losses. It won't happen overnight for sure. The wiser rivals will outlast those that had this glitch becuase they probably were just attacking and doing so without regards to losses, strategies or unit makeup. As a result, they will probably have higher losses once fixed that they won't be able to replace as fast as you (the wiser rival) due to poor planning. Sound strategies should win out in the end in most cases.

If the glitch is resolved, it will only re-balance itself assuming these players attack the same amount as they previously did and attack people of the same strength. Im quite sure they would very quickly catch on to the fact that they are now losing many units per battle and slow it down to choose targets more carefully after a few are lost. Either that or we could see them signing up on the forums complaining about how the casualty rate just got bad in MW and then quitting. Most of them are oblivious to how bad the normal casualty rate is. Could be fun to see them crying to us later on.

Maverick50727
05-09-2012, 08:25 PM
If the glitch is resolved, it will only re-balance itself assuming these players attack the same amount as they previously did and attack people of the same strength. Im quite sure they would very quickly catch on to the fact that they are now losing many units per battle and slow it down to choose targets more carefully after a few are lost. Either that or we could see them signing up on the forums complaining about how the casualty rate just got bad in MW and then quitting. Most of them are oblivious to how bad the normal casualty rate is. Could be fun to see them crying to us later on.
Look at the others sectione of that full post again. Notice there are many more units with attack greater than the hornet def. but. Of the other way around. They can't just hide. If it is fixed happy hunting is all I can say. ELOL

Maverick50727
05-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Agent Orange and JMC. You guys are still 10-20 levels above me. I still don't see too many people with aircraft carriers or any large number of them. Is this the same for you or maybe at your levels have more and that helps contribute to SH losses. Just might be a factor to consider if you get more losses against some vs others. Not a fix to the glitch.

JMC
05-09-2012, 08:32 PM
If it is fixed they are already of high enough strength to not get attacked that much.

And the casualty glitch doesn't only apply to valor units. These guys will be gathering many more high stat cash units and loot units as well, without losing any of them. Right now im stocking up on venal fighters since i have yet to see one of them die, even though i have almost 100 now.

Q Raider
05-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Message to self. Don't reply to threads at 2am when half asleep.

Correct the mini sub is off Emir Island (and he doesn't have it anyway) was just half asleep at the time and those popped into my head.

While I cannot explicitly state what map I can do some deductions.
He added both Trafficker Gunman (up to 28) and Flamethrower soldiers (up to 39).
He added to his Eagle Fighter jet count raising it from 15 to 20.

By my calcs Flamethrower soldiers do not make it into his Attack units therefore they can only be for PVE missions.

Conclusion: He is currently playing the Government area Map....

The fact that he has only one of items such as the Ship hand, Mine Ship, Tower Guard, Boneyard APC, Sandhill Sniper, etc,etc indicates to me that he is not repeating the maps.

Just checked his stats this morning, "predator Sub" loot item has been added.

21 missions
94 attacks
45 raids

Has not lost a single loot item (about half would still be in his attacks).
As above some unit numbers have been increased, looks like for Map missions.
He has lost a single Super Hornet from 97 down to 96.

Now he could be someone who religiously replaces every lost unit after each interaction but then he has missed replacing the Super Hornet.

Edit: Or he could be someone who is extremely lucky in having extraordinarily low losses......but somehow I don't think that is the answer.

Thanks for the tip JMC, never noticed it before...:o

Q Raider
05-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Last line should have actually said.

Someone who is extremely lucky in having extraordinarily low losses.....but somehow I don't think that is the answer.

JMC
05-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Last line should have actually said.

Someone who is extremely lucky in having extraordinarily low losses.....but somehow I don't think that is the answer.

Theres an edit button for mistakes like that :P

JohnnyR
05-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Hey JMC, is it wise to go through the maps like normal, or to just rush simply to Caribbean Straits for Venals? I'm on Capital City at the moment.

JMC
05-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Up to a certain point the maps are worth while to complete missions for. However the last 4 maps were severely nerfed after paying out a little bit too much. They are no longer worth doing and i have since just been loot farming venal fighters in the Caribbean straits and sometimes hitting up bosses trying to get high stat loot items. Have gotten one transport raider so far 283a/180d.

PvE isn't as much about the money as it is about the loot items now.

JohnnyR
05-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks JMC. Just got my first Venal, damn I wish I got that 65% faster energy refill!

JMC
05-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks JMC. Just got my first Venal, damn I wish I got that 65% faster energy refill!

Yeah i was really hoping for that. Best of the 5 rewards IMO. I would of needed to up my energy to like 3000-3500 in order to not overflow when sleeping in on weekends.