PDA

View Full Version : Attack and Defense Math Question

John Snow
05-02-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm currently lvl 12 with 5 allies. Based on my understanding of the Funzio algorithm, when I attack I bring the 15 best attack rated units, weapons, and armor to a battle. From my current inventory I should bring the following to the battle:

Units (total attack - 168)
1 siege tower - 23A
6 catapults - 14A ea
5 battering rams - 8A ea
3 ballistas - 7A ea

Weapons (total attack - 75)
2 honed broadswords - 6A ea
11 Tome of Winter - 5A ea
2 Mountain Hammer - 4A ea

Armor (total attack - 57)
10 Caster robe - 4A ea
2 Garrison armor - 4A ea
3 Conscript plate - 3A ea

Total attack points = 300.

How do army attack skill points factor into the total attack score? And how do army defense skill points factor into the total defense score?

Freekizh
05-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Search the CC thread for this - it is an additive black box factor, and is a function of your level.

Vile Lynn
05-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Nobody really knows :)
As far as I know from playing CC & reading the CC forum, it is a Funzio mystery factor... Many think it is a multiplier, like 1SP adds 0.1% to your attack stat, but IDK for sure. Whenever I add a point, nothing changes with my stats, so I just trust that I'm not wasting my SP & it does make a difference when I'm attacking or defending.
(Sorry that really doesn't answer your answer your question.)

John Snow
05-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks. I suspected a "black box" scenario...

Ghost818
05-02-2012, 12:44 PM
This topic is covered in the guide, attack points arent directly added to your attack score, they just increase the chances of winning a fight/raid, but by how much? we are clueless.

Ghost818
05-02-2012, 01:05 PM
We were told on the CC forum, that the skill points are added * a random factor. The random factor is what makes it the we dont know how much is added.

Perhaps they are directly added and I may be wrong? but the random factor is the unknown :/ sorry for the confusion.

TemplarX
05-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Search the CC thread for this - it is an additive black box factor, and is a function of your level.
Freekizh is right, in CC it was a level multiplier added to your army attack points. In KA, defense and attack skills seem to play an even more important role based on my experience so far. I have players with much higher attack who failed to win against me, maybe because I have high defense skills. But I am now adding to my attack skills because the reverse is also true and I don't want to be losing units through casualties. In CC, the skills influence doesn't seem so great.

Vile Lynn
05-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Freekizh is right, in CC it was a level multiplier added to your army attack points. In KA, defense and attack skills seem to play an even more important role based on my experience so far. I have players with much higher attack who failed to win against me, maybe because I have high defense skills. But I am now adding to my attack skills because the reverse is also true and I don't want to be losing units through casualties. In CC, the skills influence doesn't seem so great.

Good to know. Now I don't feel so bad for putting a lot of SPs into att & def.
Sent you an invite, Katniss, thx for the message :)