PDA

View Full Version : Since funzio got sold....

Daniel2115
05-02-2012, 11:30 AM
For 220$M or w.e it was could we get like a 50% off gold sale. That'd be amazing :D

mnju_03
05-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Like! but not for like...29 more days. hahahahah

Fig Oni
05-02-2012, 12:08 PM
You people don't read between the line.
Can't you see, the only reason for funzio giving us events,crates & gold sale was to inflate there income.
They must of known that gree was looking to make an offer on the company so all this added new feature wasn't put there for us gamers.
It also make sense why KA was an exact clone of MW.
Another way of getting more income in.
As a gamer I feel like we are all getting fooled for the final big fall.

Dravak
05-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Fig calm down this was going to happen anyway , be realistic !
You can take the good or always see the negative .

In the end it is business as always , Lets be realistic , what you expect people do things without profit in there mind ?
Look if you want that , then you really have to stop playing freemium games .
Those are made to have profits in mind sooner or later , nothing is free in this world .
Anybody thinking so , are only deluding themself , if goverment could get away with air tax , bet you they would ;)

Fig Oni
05-02-2012, 12:29 PM
@ Dravak

Business is fine, I even buy gold and spend my time on the game so I do support it.
But I've notice after producing crime city the other 2 games don't hit the spot.
I assume that funzio have run out of idea to bring the company forward and are now ready to hand it over.
That could benefit us all.

QPR
05-02-2012, 12:36 PM
You people don't read between the line.
Can't you see, the only reason for funzio giving us events,crates & gold sale was to inflate there income.
They must of known that gree was looking to make an offer on the company so all this added new feature wasn't put there for us gamers.
It also make sense why KA was an exact clone of MW.
Another way of getting more income in.
As a gamer I feel like we are all getting fooled for the final big fall.

I also agree with what fig is saying.

Dravak
05-02-2012, 12:42 PM
I deleted the other two games Fig , if you feel strongly about it .
You should yoo, cause Crime City I can support cause infact of the 3 games , this one is truely free.
The other two are bully games if you don't want to invest money and you run into a RM user ,or you know what ;)

You get annihilated , I don't mind cash items being annihilated , but valor item too >.<
Remember more buildings you make the beter for the offender to annihilate you .

Yes MW and KA is the typical asian games philosophy , infact pay to avoid annihilation.
I played enough of those type of games , and within 48 hours , somebody who said he wouldn't spent RM on the game.
Did cause of my harrassement , so I know how those games work .
If MW was like CC or a bit more balanced , I wouldn't have deleted it , it now favors 2 kind campers (majority of the I want to be powerfull for free ) and the gold spenders ( I want to annihilate everybody)
Sorry Gree probaly bought it up for CC , but MW was a extra financiel reasons to motivate the push .

But cut out CC I don't think Gree would have bought it up .

Dravak
05-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Oh BTW Nicole you are reading a lot of our stuff , when are you making a introduction ?
Since you said you would .

mnju_03
05-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Anyone ever see that movie Enemy of the State???

Whoopdido1980
05-02-2012, 12:57 PM
@ Dravak

Business is fine, I even buy gold and spend my time on the game so I do support it.
But I've notice after producing crime city the other 2 games don't hit the spot.
I assume that funzio have run out of idea to bring the company forward and are now ready to hand it over.
That could benefit us all.

Most people that start a business have a dream or a goal to sell it. Most people aren't Steve Jobs or Bill Gates. The creators of Funzio (whoever they are) most likely started Funzio in their basement or something and through a combination of skill and luck built it into a business that's apparently worth over $200 million. Congratulations to them. They worked hard and now they're able to sell it for a massive amount of money and do whatever they want for the rest of their lives. Good for them and again, congratulations. 99.9% of all entrepreneurs wish the same thing will happen to them, but most businesses don't become valuable enough for a larger business to buy them.

I seriously doubt that it had anything to do with them running out of ideas and just calling it quits. A great opportunity came along and they took it. They would have been fools to pass it up. I sure hope I can sell my business someday. Unless you're planning on handing it over to your children, why else would you be in business if not to sell it for a lot of money someday?

Dravak
05-02-2012, 01:05 PM
No the point Fig makes , is probaly Funzio original idea , didn't bring in as enough profit as they wished.
I have to agree , maybe if they used events early on , or dailies or anything else .

They could have stick to the original concept , I think in a wierd way Funzio does like Free players .
See event timers , still not pushing people to buy the best stuff with gold (so nerf loft nerf night club)
The follow up games are nothing new on the freemium market , that is why he is disillusioned .
While nice it could have been beter MW especially, since from start it was a bit like CC , the casualty was much lower.
Instead it took a turn for the worst , well maybe with New management comes beter ideas , less greed invested.
But for that we need a crystal ball .

erik
05-02-2012, 01:19 PM
MNJU - I had to blow up my house because YOU made a phonecall!

Dipstik
05-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Anyone else read this and think "I can't believe someone spent that much on crime city?"

Dravak
05-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Why 14 million user even if 10% only pays 5$ a month is stil, 7 million a month :p ...
But we all know how much people can spent on events and crates ;)

Dipstik
05-02-2012, 05:46 PM
You think 10% of players spend $5 a month? I bet they're lucky if 5% of 14 million "users" even log in every month.

CounterSniper
05-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Anyone ever see that movie Enemy of the State???

Wish they would do a part 2 or a remake.

Dipstik
05-02-2012, 06:01 PM
...without will smith.

CounterSniper
05-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Agreed.......