PDA

View Full Version : Is the Lumber Mill worth it?

Vile Lynn
05-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Wondering if I should build a Lumber Mill to cut construction costs...
How much does it help? Is it worth the land/space? Does it apply to upgrades or just initial builds?
Does the boost apply to land, too? (I'd guess, no.)

Vile Lynn
05-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Just multiply the cost of the Lumber Mill by 100 to see the type of buildings/upgrades you need to do to get your money back.
Ok... 1500x100?
Sorry, I'm slow... Don't exactly know what you mean...

So a lvl1 Lumber Mill takes 100coins off each build? Upgrade? ...15 builds/upgrades will recoup the LM cost, right?

Freekizh
05-02-2012, 11:50 AM
No, a Lumber Mill costs 4,500 and only saves you 1%. So to break even, you need to spend 4,500x100=450,000 in construction or upgrades to make it worthwhile. I bought it early anyway since i had plenty of land, but really only need it late in the game.

Vile Lynn
05-02-2012, 12:18 PM
No, a Lumber Mill costs 4,500 and only saves you 1%. So to break even, you need to spend 4,500x100=450,000 in construction or upgrades to make it worthwhile. I bought it early anyway since i had plenty of land, but really only need it late in the game.

Ooooh, ok! Yeah, 4,500; my mistake. Now it get it. Thanks for your help & reply!

Vile Lynn
05-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Sorry again... Not my mistake... "my" Lumber Mill does cost 1,500 coins, not 4,500. Just confirmed it. I guess different players have different prices. Lucky me! I'm gonna build it ASAP before the price increase... 4,500 is pricey!

Freekizh
05-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Sorry again... Not my mistake... "my" Lumber Mill does cost 1,500 coins, not 4,500. Just confirmed it. I guess different players have different prices. Lucky me! I'm gonna build it ASAP before the price increase... 4,500 is pricey!

Ok i am just going off the Fisk's KA spreadsheet.

Vile Lynn
05-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Ok i am just going off the Fisk's KA spreadsheet.
No problem :)
I make LOTS of mistakes!
That spreadsheet & your post is why I double-checked... LM is building. I don't think I would have built it if it was 4,500.

FisK
05-02-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't know why but some players get discount on some Units/buildings/Equipment
4500 Gold is the normal prices for the "Lumber Mill" but some players get it for only 3000 Gold while a the very lucky players can get it for only 1500 Gold

I have to pay 4500 for it, but at least I got 10-15% discounts on units instead.

To be honest I don't see this to bee fair to the players that do not get discounts.

I have not found any system in that or who get discount.

Freekizh
05-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Vile Lynn - what level are you? Lets swap accounts :)

Vile Lynn
05-02-2012, 01:24 PM
I don't know why but some players get discount on some Units/buildings/Equipment
4500 Gold is the normal prices for the "Lumber Mill" but some players get it for only 3000 Gold while a the very lucky players can get it for only 1500 Gold

I have to pay 4500 for it, but at least I got 10-15% discounts on units instead.

To be honest I don't see this to bee fair to the players that do not get discounts.

I have not found any system in that or who get discount.

I don't think it is fair either. In CC, many players were having to pay 32,000 for an explosive that cost me only 5,400 for several months; that is a Hugh difference! They cost me 32,000 now, but I stocked up before the price went up for me. I'll see what my LM rate is when it's done building.

Vile Lynn - what level are you? Lets swap accounts :)
I'm only at level 13, name is Clementine... I'll send you an invite in game :)

Vile Lynn
05-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks kindly for the invite - I will add you a little later as I am on max allies, and am in turtle mode for the MW event. Damn those things.
LOL, I know! I just finished CC's event & the MW... & now another MW?!? So far, got 2, but I'm tired... I like the extras from the events so I can't complain too much. Can hardly wait for a KA event! :D

Vile Lynn
05-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Agree its just too much. I got 5 from the MW event so far - but I cant do KA and MW at the same time to be honest.

Am waiting for a KA event/sale as well!

LOL, try CC, MW, & KA! It's fun! My MW game is 3rd favorite. I love CC, but über-hooked on KA. Playing MW took a lot of the initial confusion of KA. KA, to me, is like if CC & MW had a baby & KA, the baby, got all the best genes.
Yeah, a sale would be nice, too.
What level are you in KA?

Vile Lynn
05-02-2012, 02:14 PM
VL I am on level 28. I use to do something like 100 attacks a day on MW, and piled on like 3000 attacks, and then I kinda stopped playing it except for the events after I started KA. The MW forum people are very nice though.

Yeah, I met a really nice one from the MW forum who has a grumpy face, heh! MW was pretty easy for me to figure out so I haven't been a big reader or poster over there.

I play MW passively and mostly during events, too. I was a fairly aggressive CC player, but hanging low before I end up on the rivals list of the super high level players. I can't stand it when I lose an attack to a player 40-50 levels above me. Not that I really mind, it is a game, but it feels so unfair! lol! I had a really good fight win:loss ratio before I ended up with HLs attacking me. The brackets got raised since more players are populating the higher levels & I'm just under it now. I don't know if I'll ever be strong enough for the HL attacks, but I'm camping anyway.

Ghost818
05-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I met a really nice one from the MW forum who has a grumpy face, heh! MW was pretty easy for me to figure out so I haven't been a big reader or poster over there.

I play MW passively and mostly during events, too. I was a fairly aggressive CC player, but hanging low before I end up on the rivals list of the super high level players. I can't stand it when I lose an attack to a player 40-50 levels above me. Not that I really mind, it is a game, but it feels so unfair! lol! I had a really good fight win:loss ratio before I ended up with HLs attacking me. The brackets got raised since more players are populating the higher levels & I'm just under it now. I don't know if I'll ever be strong enough for the HL attacks, but I'm camping anyway.

Like me :D, aren't you above level 142? Thats when we see you.

Vile Lynn
05-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Like me :D, aren't you above level 142? Thats when we see you.
Yyeeessss, Ghost... like you :p
lol!
I'm only 140, but with the Devil's Take Down, I'll be seeing you guys soon. My fight win/loss stat is smashed anyway.

Ghost818
05-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Yyeeessss, Ghost... like you :p
lol!
I'm only 140, but with the Devil's Take Down, I'll be seeing you guys soon. My fight win/loss stat is smashed anyway.

:P dont worry I shall protect you fellow californian!

Vile Lynn
05-02-2012, 02:47 PM
:P dont worry I shall protect you fellow californian!
Thank you kindly... I'll need it! I do miss earthquakes, heh... Lived through all the bigges in California, LA, Northridge, SF, right place - wrong time. Not too many of them here in Texas, but I did feel a little one not too far from me. I thought my son was jumping on his bed, lol!

Ghost818
05-02-2012, 03:05 PM
I live in northridge lawl.

el_gringo
05-02-2012, 04:51 PM
The Lumber Mill seems well worth it for me. In fact I'm only lv 14 and have it going from 2-3%.

Vile Lynn
05-02-2012, 05:38 PM
I live in northridge lawl.
:) I grew up in Valencia & spent a lot of days at the Northridge Mall & Magic Mountain...dang, I miss Cali soooo much. Nothing against Texas, but it is a totally different culture. Can't get myself to say, "y'all" lol! I used to get laughed at for saying, "awesome"... Now, I hear everyone saying it... It's over used.
Don't fall in the ocean when the big one hits, Ghost! We need you here :D

The Lumber Mill seems well worth it for me. In fact I'm only lv 14 and have it going from 2-3%.

Cool, I have it building now. Will upgrade it ASAP, too. So it does cut upgrade costs, too? That's good if it does.

nizo industries
05-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Lumber Mill is listed at 1,500 for me. Why the difference? Is this based on class?
Also... has anyone notice any other discrepencies in building/unit costs?

Vile Lynn
05-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Lumber Mill is listed at 1,500 for me. Why the difference? Is this based on class?
Also... has anyone notice any other discrepencies in building/unit costs?

Hi Nizo, yeah there are a few other discrepencies mentioned in other threads, but it is not based on class or anything that we know of. Funzio will stabilize the prices sometime, but nobody knows when or if. It is just one of those things. Welcome to the forum! :)

el_gringo
05-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Cool, I have it building now. Will upgrade it ASAP, too. So it does cut upgrade costs, too? That's good if it does.

Yeah it cuts upgrade costs now. I was already about lv 30 when the MW equivalent was released and have that at 5 at lv43, its already showing big cuts, can only see it being the same in KA.

Vile Lynn
05-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah it cuts upgrade costs now. I was already about lv 30 when the MW equivalent was released and have that at 5 at lv43, its already showing big cuts, can only see it being the same in KA.
Good to know; I'll be sure to upgrade it. Thanks for posting :)

zsqysq
05-04-2012, 03:37 AM
Upgrading a Lumder Mill in early game is surely a waste of your precious upgrading time, unless you are a real camper. But building one might be wise, as it takes little space and small money.

frenda
05-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Upgrading a Lumder Mill in early game is surely a waste of your precious upgrading time, unless you are a real camper. But building one might be wise, as it takes little space and small money.

Gee, what a great non-answer. LOL. On one side, it's heads, but if you flip it over, it's tails... Just giving you crap bro. :) At least I'm not as grumpy as I was yesterday. From having played the other Funzio games, the earlier you add and upgrade buildings like the Lumber Mill, the more benefits you'll get longterm.

Freekizh
05-04-2012, 08:09 AM

You are right