PDA

View Full Version : Don't Get It

bozdevil
05-02-2012, 03:25 AM
I am having a hard time understanding how this happens. I am constantly being attacked/robbed by people 40 levels higher with 30K+ attack power and defense higher than mine. When I check my rival list I NEVER see someone with more than 9 levels below me to attack/rob. Is this some feature you can pay for that I don't know about?

Bala82
05-02-2012, 03:28 AM
no depending on what level after a certain level it's open season :(

QPR
05-02-2012, 03:34 AM
How many people do you have in your mafia?

bozdevil
05-02-2012, 03:51 AM
Mafia size is 467. level is 147. attack is 20138, defense is 26739. Always a constant line of red in my "news" by people much higher level with tons more attack power and defense as previously mentioned. I don't mind being attacked really, but it is the robbing that is becoming annoying. I have a total of 24 money buildings with an hourly income of $6010, and these guys rob my level 1 tshirt stands, level 5 deli, level 5 gas station, etc. Come on!!

On another note, I didn't even know these forums existed until a few hours ago when my friend and work told me I should hit them up for some pointers. Because apparently I suck at this game according to him. haha

Jill
05-02-2012, 04:02 AM
Bozdevil, once you reach level 142 everyone up to level 200 can see you, thats why your being attached by players way above you in levels and stats. Your stats including your income per hour for your level is well below average.

Welcome to the forum, please feel free to ask whatever question you need answers to, a lot of guys here will give you good advise. I recommend you look at the Best of the Best thread.

CounterSniper
05-02-2012, 04:12 AM
Bozdevil, once you reach level 142 everyone up to level 200 can see you, thats why your being attached by players way above you in levels and stats. Your stats including your income per hour for your level is well below average.

Welcome to the forum, please feel free to ask whatever question you need answers to, a lot of guys here will give you good advise. I recommend you look at the Best of the Best thread.

+1 ... Listen to Jill for she is wise beyond her years. :cool:

Fig Oni
05-02-2012, 04:35 AM
@OP

If you in game name is devil then live with the beating as a hidden rule anyone with a silly game name will get battered,
so avoid names like devil, satan, god & offensive names, plus your stats for lvl 147 are way below the game average in the higher levels.

bozdevil
05-02-2012, 04:47 AM
Yes, I am seeing how drastically far I ran astray. I definitely should have been hitting the place that was giving me those M4A1s when I had the chance! Upgrading buildings will take forever now, and getting new ones started is going to be tough. Its like looking up at the top of a mountain and thinking "man, this is going to suck". About the only thing I did right was getting all of my 24 hour buildings on the same timer!

As far as the name goes, it isn't satan/devil related AT ALL. Its from Bozmaniandevil (nickname given to me in the Army many years ago) which was after Tazmanian Devil. A cute cartoon character from Warner Brothers. :)

Luciferianism
05-02-2012, 05:05 AM
Haha, if name really matters someone could call themselves 'IHateGodNascarSucks' just for the extra challenge. Personally, my in-game name is Lucifer, I'm an atheist and that's the name I've used for a lot of games.

Boom
05-02-2012, 05:23 AM
An atheist!!!

Uberdork
05-02-2012, 05:49 AM
@OP

..." as a hidden rule anyone with a silly game name will get battered...

LOL, I wish someone had told me that earlier.

upsman_17
05-02-2012, 06:46 AM
@OP

If you in game name is devil then live with the beating as a hidden rule anyone with a silly game name will get battered,
so avoid names like devil, satan, god & offensive names, plus your stats for lvl 147 are way below the game average in the higher levels.

I never thought about that before, but I think that does tend to be true. When scanning my rivals list unless I notice a name I know has a juicy hood, I do go for the ones that stand out. I've already got the gun for reaching L3, but it makes me think if I end up playing KA further I may regret the name I chose in that game......Sir Balls On Chin.

BOS
05-02-2012, 06:47 AM
Sir Balls On Chin.

Great name :D

<3 Hz
05-02-2012, 06:59 AM
@OP plus your stats for lvl 147 are way below the game average in the higher levels.

Probably a mostly cash player like me. He just needs to farm the heck out of loot items and try to get R from thug life goals to get better weapons. Things have changed a lot lately & there are level 50 players out there with stats similar to his now.

Gaming Will
05-02-2012, 07:00 AM
Mafia size is 467. level is 147. attack is 20138, defense is 26739. Always a constant line of red in my "news" by people much higher level with tons more attack power and defense as previously mentioned. I don't mind being attacked really, but it is the robbing that is becoming annoying. I have a total of 24 money buildings with an hourly income of $6010, and these guys rob my level 1 tshirt stands, level 5 deli, level 5 gas station, etc. Come on!!

On another note, I didn't even know these forums existed until a few hours ago when my friend and work told me I should hit them up for some pointers. Because apparently I suck at this game according to him. haha

Some of my forum folk may disagree but you should drop your mafia size to like 300 or so, it won't take you off the radar completely but it should lighten the load a little. It will give you time to grow your economy, and then when you are stronger go back up to 500. (Unless of course, you enjoy the beatings!)

Swifty
05-02-2012, 07:05 AM
+1 Gaming Will

drop mafia, find a better spot, use the bracketology to your advantage

blondealex
05-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Haha, if name really matters someone could call themselves 'IHateGodNascarSucks' just for the extra challenge. Personally, my in-game name is Lucifer, I'm an atheist and that's the name I've used for a lot of games.
LOL I'm confused, wouldn't believing in Lucifer contradict your disbelief in God?

***disclaimer I am not trying to make this a religious post, just pointing out a "labeling" error

Yahkin
05-02-2012, 07:43 AM
I'm an atheist and that's the name I've used for a lot of games.

I don't believe in you!

CounterSniper
05-02-2012, 12:57 PM
LOL I'm confused, wouldn't believing in Lucifer contradict your disbelief in God?

***disclaimer I am not trying to make this a religious post, just pointing out a "labeling" error

+1 ........

TenderPlacebo
05-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Yes, being an atheist is absence of belief that any deities exist, God, Satan, Zeus etc.
I too go after people with names like that, don't know why I do it, but I do.

jobadass
05-02-2012, 04:31 PM
yeah, well I guess "jobadass" and his little wallet are gonna get beat the f up:)

CounterSniper
05-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Any unique and easily recognizable names are easy targets.

Why scan a bunch of vague names when the easy to see names expedite the process.

Profane or racist names are irresistible. IMO

jobadass
05-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Any unique and easily recognizable names are easy targets.

Why scan a bunch of vague names when the easy to see names expedite the process.

Profane or racist names are irresistible. IMO I haven't gotten along with Dipstik, but he has a great point; He has stated time and again, if he had to do it all over, he would be "Alex".

Maniaxe
05-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Really? Alex is the name I always check when scanning for victims. That and whoever else is on my ever rotating top ten "juicy hoods" list. Ohh and anyone else who describes the girth of their manhood, and vulgar statements about peoples "mamas" as their name, they get beat down as well.

jobadass
05-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Really? Alex is the name I always check when scanning for victims. That and whoever else is on my ever rotating top ten "juicy hoods" list. Ohh and anyone else who describes the girth of their manhood, and vulgar statements about peoples "mamas" as their name, they get beat down as well.
LOL
Best name I ever saw was, "Haywood Jablowme"
Would you really want to attack him? Get all kinds of viruses.

CounterSniper
05-02-2012, 04:53 PM
I haven't gotten along with Dipstik, but he has a great point; He has stated time and again, if he had to do it all over, he would be "Alex".

Yeah but when I'm bored I hunt Alex's and I know a lot of others who do the same.

Most of the time they are Alex cuz their name was reset for being profane or racist. A few are actually named Alex but a very few.

~Disclaimer a few old schoolers apparently had their names reset to Alex thru no fault of their own but they are a minority.

~Props to blondealex for that info. :cool:

jobadass
05-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Yeah but when I'm bored I hunt Alex's and I know a lot of others who do the same.

Most of the time they are Alex cuz their name was reset for being profane or racist. A few are actually named Alex but a very few.

~Disclaimer a few old schoolers apparently had their names reset to Alex thru no fault of their own but they are a minority.

Props to blondealex for that info. :cool:True enough CS! I feel sorry for the "innocent" Alexes that feel the pain. I usually just go after the ones that are in my news feed or are<500. You and Mani just gave me another goal

Jazz
05-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Well I have a mental list of the...

1) Juicy hoods with lots of cash to rob
2) Hoods with Collection Agencies and/or Laundromats
3) Hoods with Lofts (fall under #1 and #2)
4) Players I hate...
5) People with funny names... (RonArtesticles and more)

jobadass
05-02-2012, 05:04 PM
to the OP. I experienced this A LOT when I was around level 80-85. I don't know why, just happened all of the sudden. I was being attacked by people 40-100 levels above me. It just stopped and I never see anyone more than 5+/- my level. I'm at 137, and I guess that's soon to change

bozdevil
05-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Yes, I was thinking about dropping the mafia size down a bit. Wish I was a spread sheet guy, because some of that stuff looks interesting. Unfortunately, spreadsheets look like japanese too me. Never used a spread sheet in my life.

Are there any disadvantages to dropping mafia size down? Does the benefit of dropping down outweigh any negative aspects?

CounterSniper
05-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Yes, I was thinking about dropping the mafia size down a bit. Wish I was a spread sheet guy, because some of that stuff looks interesting. Unfortunately, spreadsheets look like japanese too me. Never used a spread sheet in my life.

Are there any disadvantages to dropping mafia size down? Does the benefit of dropping down outweigh any negative aspects?

Your A/D will reduce as well, you can watch the numbers go down as you delete each mafia. You gotta experiment till you find a sweet spot.

Maniaxe
05-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Sorry If we got a little off topic there OP, we all just like to gloat about who we prefer attack on the regular.
What Jill said are CC words of wisdom, as always. When you get to that 142+ pool its a jungle, or I am told. I still live in Crime City and haven't made the transition to the jungle.

Watch it bring you to your knnn knne knees, knees!
Sorry I couldn't resist.

When you drop mafia you will use less equipment which in turn means your attack/defense stats will drop. This shouldn't be a problem because you will be less likely to show up on others list and the people you do see will also have a lower mafia and lower stats. This should help you build you stats and economy with out worry of constant red in your news feed.
I know this is true for lower levels but I am not sure about once you get past that level 142 mark as I am not there. Can anyone who is above that level and has dropped mafia elaborate on this?

bozdevil
05-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Yes Maniaxe, you hit the nail on the head. I was wondering what would happen since I am past that 142 mark. I had no clue about this magical number being the "its on now biatch!" limit.

nopenopenope
05-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Yes Maniaxe, you hit the nail on the head. I was wondering what would happen since I am past that 142 mark. I had no clue about this magical number being the "its on now biatch!" limit.

there just arent enough players to create brackets at the higher levels. given the influx of new android players, in 6 months time there will be ample players to substantiate brackets at higher levels for an even keel