PDA

View Full Version : Why I saved my valor..

manbeast
05-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Pic of me sitting on almost 100k valor:
http://i45.tinypic.com/jjlh4x.png

At the time my att was 15k and def 20k. Now I've spent some and I'm down to 60k valor.

Here was my reasoning.. If I do all my PVP with expendable cash/loot units and build up valor, then I'm not losing any of my valuable valor units. I figured with these reduced valor losses, I would have more valor units at the end. In the mean time, I upgraded my infirmary so when I did dump my valor, losses would still be minimized.

However, when I hit lvl 80 or so, I ran out of valor missions, got impatient, and decided to buy some more sf's.

Anyways, just wanted to share that strategy with yall. Anybody else do this?

JohnnyR
05-01-2012, 09:05 PM
This is pretty smart. Always wondered what the purpose of saving 'em was, seemed most reasons didn't hold up IMO. I'd hold onto the rest however, it seems there may be some extremely high value valor units in the future, if plans haven't changed or if we haven't been led astray here by Funzio's little preview of things to come...

War Priest
05-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Another reason you should save your valor is because soon they will be releasing pvp ranking and the units are thousands of valor each. The highest being 100K.

Hellstorm
05-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Tell me more about pvp ranking? Have read something about it but can't remember.

War Priest
05-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Tell me more about pvp ranking? Have read something about it but can't remember.

We don't know about it. The devs said it will be coming and we seen images of the units. That's all we know.

manbeast
05-01-2012, 09:17 PM
This is pretty smart. Always wondered what the purpose of saving 'em was, seemed most reasons didn't hold up IMO. I'd hold onto the rest however, it seems there may be some extremely high value valor units in the future, if plans haven't changed or if we haven't been led astray here by Funzio's little preview of things to come...

Thanks Johnny.

yea i heard about the preview. Hopefully they increase valor drops, or valor missions or else it is going to be impossible

JMC
05-01-2012, 09:23 PM
With the losses i take, i struggle to get enough valor back to even replace lost units now. Also back at those levels i was amongst the strongest in the game, even compared to heavy gold spenders. Casualty rate was also zero against players who were weak enough. So i just spent all the valor i had to stay on top and didn't care about casualties because there were none.

After that, i still continued to spend valor as i got it, because i need to constantly build up strength or too many people will rise above and attack me.

manbeast
05-01-2012, 09:29 PM
With the losses i take, i struggle to get enough valor back to even replace lost units now. Also back at those levels i was amongst the strongest in the game, even compared to heavy gold spenders. Casualty rate was also zero against players who were weak enough. So i just spent all the valor i had to stay on top and didn't care about casualties because there were none.

After that, i still continued to spend valor as i got it, because i need to constantly build up strength or too many people will rise above and attack me.

your stats are amazing. which valor unit do you favor? how many of those do you have? do you buy a lot of cash units?

I chose the stealth frigate b/c it has the lowest casualty rate. have 300 of them. also have 100 SH. I buy a lot of cash units though. right now- mine launchers and destroyers. I plan to buy a lot of aircraft carriers to defend against ppl w/ a lot of super hornets.

ShawnBB
05-01-2012, 10:30 PM
At the time my att was 15k and def 20k. Now I've spent some and I'm down to 60k valor.

Here was my reasoning.. If I do all my PVP with expendable cash/loot units and build up valor, then I'm not losing any of my valuable valor units. I figured with these reduced valor losses, I would have more valor units at the end. In the mean time, I upgraded my infirmary so when I did dump my valor, losses would still be minimized.

However, when I hit lvl 80 or so, I ran out of valor missions, got impatient, and decided to buy some more sf's.

Thanks a lot for your posting, I have waited for this kind of topic for a long time. Most people didn't pay attention to the importance of doing this when I mentioned sometime ago. Speaking of the valor saving, here I am. :)

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w421/ShawnBBB/5d7ae454.jpg
Hopefully the rank item will bring some benefits.

JohnnyR
05-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Pretty mindblowing ShawnBB, impressed.

manbeast
05-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Hopefully the rank item will bring some benefits.

holy crap man. thats a lot of valor! what lvl are you?

ShawnBB
05-01-2012, 11:41 PM
holy crap man. thats a lot of valor! what lvl are you?

As you can find in the picture 111 now already.
Never feel any pressure up there.
Be gentle and polite with whale stalkers so they will end up being Allie with you.

:) johnny, thanks there. looted 120 venal fighters so far,lol

John Snow
05-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Your income levels are amazing.

Maverick50727
05-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Pic of me sitting on almost 100k valor:
http://i45.tinypic.com/jjlh4x.png

@JMC - I lose units but very low, so I'm still profitable in valor missions. I'm on force degradation Op 231

@manbeast - What do you mean valor missions ran out. Only some. You get 1 for each level (defeating X number of level #) and the remaining missions then have a 2K payout on a variation of defeat X with allies 499 or >.

FYI, I am also sitting on valor now. I have 252K in the bank. Waiting on the PvP ranking info.

I like going for a balanced approach so I don't just get the strongest unit. I get Super Hornets, Stealth Frigates and M270s. Yes you lose more M270's but are the strongest defense. If your lowest attack unit being taken to battle if > than 17 then you will only lose them in def but are much stronger there and add the 25% counter bonus against ground. While ground isn't considered a prime choice most people have them in their armies. They are more expensive than infantry and don't have good consumption rates, so people attacking may get discouraged by the cash value of lost units. JMO

Verdict is out for me on Strike Eagles, They do have an air counter unlike the SH, but low stats. I couldn't use them in def and hopefully not much longer in attack due to my lowest units. So I'm steering clear for now, but may add a few. Strike Eagles 19/11 are on second to Aircraft Carriers 27/46 in the counters air category. Aircraft Carriers just have the price tag of 5.4mil a pop. You decide.

Name Attack Defense Counters Consumption rate
M270 MLRS 17 37 ground 0.0075
Stealth Frigate 31 18 sea 0.0025
Super Hornet 36 26 0.003
Strike Eagle 19 11 air 0.0045

manbeast
05-02-2012, 08:22 AM
great post mav.

Here is what i meant... I leveled up from 1-50 doing mostly pve. then at lvl 50 I realized the importance of valor so I started pvp. I had so many valor missions to do, I was always working on 2 valor missions at once until lvl 80 when I ran out. Now I only get new valor missions when I level up. I'm trying to camp a little before I get to lvl 94. Give myself time to buy more cash units.

I feel like strike eagles and m270's are a waste of valor. the m270 bc you can buy tons of good defense units with cash, and with a the casualty rate.. just doesnt seem worth it.

the strike eagle.. I had 50 of those, 100 sh, and 100 sf. I did about 300 battles without buying anything to see how many of each I would lose. I lost 2 sf, 5 sh, and 13 strike eagles!!!!!! and I had half as many of them!! so i decided i'd never buy another one. the aircraft carrier may be expensive, but its casualty rate is really low.

side note- "strong against"
what does this mean? for instance- the aircraft carrier- "strong against air" and lets say you are going up against someone with 500 SH.
does this mean you are less likely to lose the aircraft carrier? or that they are more likely to lose a SH?

heath4pack
05-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Can u guys expound a little on what pvp rank will bring? Will it unlock units that can only be bought with valor points?

Sry, having trouble wrapping my brain around this.

JohnnyR
05-02-2012, 09:23 AM
There is and was basically nothing said about these items except that they are coming. There were huge valor price tags on the items in the few hours we were able to see them in the units list, however-I think this means nothing. My personal opinion is that the units we saw are the "epic" units L_Fizzle mentioned in her latest announcement, the units which are to be bought with our combined event objects (parts, vaccines, etc...), and that possibly the valor totals were a placeholder until they could fit the real values or whatever else in there.

If what we saw is going to be priced at those valor levels, I'm wondering if these would be like little valor income units, perhaps increasing valor per attack the more you get. It is all speculation.

heath4pack
05-02-2012, 09:26 AM
^thx man.

Will pvp rank be based on number of fights won or something similar?

Sry for all of the questions guys....

JohnnyR
05-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Your guess is as good as mine. They've released no info that I'm aware of.

Maverick50727
05-02-2012, 09:44 AM
There is and was basically nothing said about these items except that they are coming. There were huge valor price tags on the items in the few hours we were able to see them in the units list, however-I think this means nothing. My personal opinion is that the units we saw are the "epic" units L_Fizzle mentioned in her latest announcement, the units which are to be bought with our combined event objects (parts, vaccines, etc...), and that possibly the valor totals were a placeholder until they could fit the real values or whatever else in there.

If what we saw is going to be priced at those valor levels, I'm wondering if these would be like little valor income units, perhaps increasing valor per attack the more you get. It is all speculation.We have to wait. ANything is possible. I though maybe the valor cost might be real, but maybe as a result you get increased resturns in valor on attacks and/or different levels of pvp loot. We know there is different ranks/group of pvp loot already as we saw it in the past. You got either the snipers to moutain cititadel tanks or the grouping that had the predator subs, minisubs, iron bears, iron wings, etc.

I had expected to hear something this week but I'm sure they are busy since they were bought.

JohnnyR
05-02-2012, 09:52 AM
I though maybe the valor cost might be real, but maybe as a result you get increased resturns in valor on attacks and/or different levels of pvp loot. We know there is different ranks/group of pvp loot already as we saw it in the past. You got either the snipers to moutain cititadel tanks or the grouping that had the predator subs, minisubs, iron bears, iron wings, etc.

This makes a ton of sense, had totally forgot about our kick ass loots in the past, and the fact that they're drops seemed sort of transient. Wonder if some of us were tested as guinea pigs and given these PVP Rank items without even knowing, lol.

Maverick50727
05-02-2012, 10:45 AM
great post mav.

Here is what i meant... I leveled up from 1-50 doing mostly pve. then at lvl 50 I realized the importance of valor so I started pvp. I had so many valor missions to do, I was always working on 2 valor missions at once until lvl 80 when I ran out. Now I only get new valor missions when I level up. I'm trying to camp a little before I get to lvl 94. Give myself time to buy more cash units.

I feel like strike eagles and m270's are a waste of valor. the m270 bc you can buy tons of good defense units with cash, and with a the casualty rate.. just doesnt seem worth it.

the strike eagle.. I had 50 of those, 100 sh, and 100 sf. I did about 300 battles without buying anything to see how many of each I would lose. I lost 2 sf, 5 sh, and 13 strike eagles!!!!!! and I had half as many of them!! so i decided i'd never buy another one. the aircraft carrier may be expensive, but its casualty rate is really low.

side note- "strong against"
what does this mean? for instance- the aircraft carrier- "strong against air" and lets say you are going up against someone with 500 SH.
does this mean you are less likely to lose the aircraft carrier? or that they are more likely to lose a SH?it is another of the great unkonws like skills on how it works. From what people can tell if you have a lot of strong against the other side has seen greater losses on those.

I went back and checked a data file that someone had posted and all units have a .25 "diminish_percent" value associated with them. My guess is that by nature of the variable name, it means the value of the other sides unit is "diminished" 25%. Meaning, if you have a 10A that goes up against a 10D defense unit, then the result is 10A vs. 7.5D for those units. Just my guess. I don't think anyone knows how the battle dynamics work anyway. Are individual units "paired" up based on values and strong against? Or is the diminish value removed on the pairing, then the resulting total stats vs tolal status is used to determine losses. Or is it the individual unit to unit that is done. Or do they just use a formula and random dice roll to determine if a battle is won or lost then based on some formula deterimes the max # of units you can lose, the picks which. Only the devs know for sure.

There does appear to be a max # of units you can lost in a single attack and it appears it is related to the # of units you take to battle. That is why if you reduce ally counts you lose less. It could just be the simple fact if you have less in battle, you have less in the pool to lose. I did testing in March and dopped my ally count below 25% to 50. I did tests on each of these levels of % of max allies I could use. (see results below) I did a sampling of 15-50 attacks until I could see a pattern but increased to more by the time I hit bottom as the value lost was much less. Back them I was fairly low and using what I consider now garbage units that don't come into battle. I ate through 100's of units(subs, min-subs, TA, flamethrowers, seals, avengers, A10s, bradleys, etc) in testing to find that sweet spot which was very low. Once I found that sweet spot I did my goals to get valor, bought valor units and mine layers/cruisers/hovercraft. I feared to lose the sweet spot and slowly added allies back in groups of 5-10 to see if losses would jump significantly. 5 allies = 20 units, so I added allies and bought 10 SH, 5 SF and 5 M270. Rinse and reapeated. I stopped doing missions and only bought cash units to replace a loss of same type. I didn't buy almost a sinlge cash unit in 3 weeks but added 10K to my stats. I think my unit density helps on the losses as I still enjoy a much lower loss rate than others. I always kept 20-50K in banked valor to be able to bump up to get rid of pests since I had a low ally count. But I had 70-80K when the pvp ranking stuff appeared. I stopped buying as much valor items when adding allies since, that is whay I have 252k valor now. I'm just waiting for new content now whether it be PVP rank items or hopefully more expensive stronger valor units I asked the dev gods for.

Now don't go and try to repeat my results. Yours may vary as I coupled with other strategies also and adapted to changes like events.

Results of units lost per attack basedon % of max allies (my results, will vary by unit type, lowest unit, consume%, etc)
25% - 0-1 Units
50% - 1-2 Units
75% - 2-3 Units
100% - 3 Units

manbeast
05-02-2012, 11:14 AM
very informative post. I hope the "strong against" doesn't count item vs. item. i think it would be better to base it on points vs points.

for example: if i have 10 aircraft carriers (460 defense) and someone attacks me with 20 strike eagles (380 attack) my carriers would effect all 20 strike eagles instead of just 10. if thats the case i'm prob better off buying anti aircraft units.

and yea I have thought about cutting my units back for a while. right now i'm keeping it at 360. In the last month i've only seen 3 people with better stats than mine. but i'm tempted to drop it down to 50 just to build valor.

yesterday I attacked someone with 6k def. i have 23k atk so I figured i wouldnt lose much. WRONG. lose 2 super hornets!! i was so pissed. and they didnt have any big boost buildings, or anti aircraft units. thats just crazy to me.

i wonder what the competition is like down at 50 allies

Modern Warrior
05-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Very interesting thread guys, appreciate you sharing your knowledge/experience. I'm at level 72 with Att/Def @ 11k with 198 allies. Have been spending valour as I go along, but am now starting to think about saving it (have about 5k stashed :-) ). Did I just do a smiley with a double chin!! Anyway, I'm way behind you guys, but really starting to think about this, so am enjoying this post a lot. Thanks.

Maverick50727
05-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Very interesting thread guys, appreciate you sharing your knowledge/experience. I'm at level 72 with Att/Def @ 11k with 198 allies. Have been spending valour as I go along, but am now starting to think about saving it (have about 5k stashed :-) ). Did I just do a smiley with a double chin!! Anyway, I'm way behind you guys, but really starting to think about this, so am enjoying this post a lot. Thanks.
If you can afford it, IMO I don't think it hurts to save valor for the rainy day. The only constant is change with Funzio and MW. Add the fact they say something called pvp ranking and we saw a valor cost, it is probably worth waiting for a few weeks. As long as a that high valor price tag was just a place holder for somehting else as some speculated. You can follow me off the cliff though to the valley deep below or be ready with wings to let you soar before others. I hope high valor payoffs. It could even be the rank unlocks higher level or cash or valor units to purchase. So many ideas and no information forth coming.

manbeast
05-02-2012, 06:58 PM
question about saving valor-

if you dont have a valor mission to complete should you stop pvp, and go strictly pve to avoid losing/having to replace valor units? or should you keep doing pvp for loot drops