PDA

View Full Version : New threshold for whale territory?

Jp lfs
05-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Does anyone know if the level is still 94 before we are in whale territory?

War Priest
05-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Nervous buddy..? :p

Jp lfs
05-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Nervous buddy..? :p

Yes, and not afraid to admit it. I was hoping to level up a few more buildings first. I'm guessing those 12-15 million dollar upgrades are becoming less likely for me now.

Bronson
05-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Hey guys what's that smell???? Damn I think its JP's shorts lol

kentmoto
05-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Whats whale territory?

I was at level 92 when I had a phone swap and lost everything.

Sent a ticket and hoping to get it back.

War Priest

Haha, man that is funny and nasty.. :rolleyes:

Jp lfs

Bahaha!! Not quite THAT nervous... for about a level and a half at least!

War Priest
05-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Yes, and not afraid to admit it. I was hoping to level up a few more buildings first. I'm guessing those 12-15 million dollar upgrades are becoming less likely for me now.

Haha

Is your comp factory at 10?

Jp lfs
05-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Haha

Is your comp factory at 10?

Nope. Comp at 6 and Hangar at 5. Those 2 and my oil rigs were the ones I was hoping to have done by 94. Not gonna happen, so I'll be taking my lumps, I guess.

Jp lfs
05-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Also, my land expansions are at almost 10 mill a square, too. Was hoping for a few more of those before my time expired in the kiddie pool.

Aidan
05-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I think it's at L98 now. TC is at 95 n i dont think he's having any problem so far.

Besides jp, u hv a good stat. Why worry man? Btw, i dropped to 199 allies today n must say tht it was a bad move frm me. Lost 8 hornets n bunch of osprey in 25 attacks.

Jp lfs
05-01-2012, 01:39 PM
I think it's at L98 now. TC is at 95 n i dont think he's having any problem so far.

Besides jp, u hv a good stat. Why worry man? Btw, i dropped to 199 allies today n must say tht it was a bad move frm me. Lost 8 hornets n bunch of osprey in 25 attacks.

Wow. Thanks for the tip, man! I was gonna try to stay at my exact number of allies for as long as possible. Not saying I found the sweet spot, but not complaining, either.

Hellstorm
05-01-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm st lvl94... And nothing special. I think there isnt much to worry about those levels.

War Priest
05-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Wow. Thanks for the tip, man! I was gonna try to stay at my exact number of allies for as long as possible. Not saying I found the sweet spot, but not complaining, either.

Do you lose any fights at all?

Jp lfs
05-01-2012, 01:46 PM
I am still noticing a lot of players in the upper 80's and low 90's with 6-8k a/d, so I'm hoping all those "feeder fish" will give me more wiggle room. Maverick's posts about going over vault, even for a few minutes, are what have me concerned.

Jp lfs
05-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Do you lose any fights at all?

Not very often... knocking on wood...

War Priest
05-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Not very often... knocking on wood...

Really, you still lose some fights..?

I haven't lost a fight in forever. The only reason that ChronoFighter was beating me is because I attacked him back then he raised his ally count by almost 200.

Sugarymama
05-01-2012, 01:48 PM
I hope the level is raised, because I'm already at 91 now, and with this new event I'm sure to level up at least twice before it's over. That is, unless I win the unit quickly, which I doubt. The last event I didn't win until there was an hour left...smh.

Dreno33
05-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Lol Bronson. JP why not just drop the allies, upgrade those buildings, then continue? Camping won't hurt ;)

War Priest
05-01-2012, 01:49 PM
I am still noticing a lot of players in the upper 80's and low 90's with 6-8k a/d, so I'm hoping all those "feeder fish" will give me more wiggle room. Maverick's posts about going over vault, even for a few minutes, are what have me concerned.

I know right now is perfect. I can keep 30-40 million on hand and nobody can touch it. Really nice...

I am assuming you were at a higher level when you started buying gold.

Jp lfs
05-01-2012, 01:50 PM
I hope the level is raised, because I'm already at 91 now, and with this new event I'm sure to level up at least twice before it's over. That is, unless I win the unit quickly, which I doubt. The last event I didn't win until there was an hour left...smh.

Just sent you an invite. I thought we were already allies!

War Priest
05-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Lol Bronson. JP why not just drop the allies, upgrade those buildings, then continue? Camping won't hurt ;)

Once you reach whale territory, you pretty need the max allies otherwise you will get dominated.

Dreno33
05-01-2012, 01:53 PM
well... he hasn't reached it YET(:

Jp lfs
05-01-2012, 01:53 PM

Sorry, Dreno, I'm a lousy camper. Those 2 bars at the top of my screen start screaming at me when they stay full for too long.

Dreno33
05-01-2012, 01:54 PM
I haven't lost a fight in forever.

I haven't lost a fight in ever(:

Jp lfs
05-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Once you reach whale territory, you pretty need the max allies otherwise you will get dominated.

I have upped my unit density quite a bit over the past month or so, but still don't want to be taking tree snipers and satellite trucks into battle!!

Sugarymama
05-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Just sent you an invite. I thought we were already allies!

Maybe you did, but I didn't accept because I don't know your handle. What is it? I have about 23 requests waiting, but I haven't been adding anyone really because I'm currently at 745, and that is a reduction from 1250. It took FOREVER to delete allies, because I was trying to be selective and keep the high-level ones. Once you delete one, the list goes back to the beginning and you have to scroll for days. I really wish the list could be sorted by level. Would help things a lot..

Now I'm not sure how low I should go, because I think at some point the ally/unit rule is going to change. While I don't think we will ever need 1000+, it can't hurt to have more just in case.

War Priest
05-01-2012, 01:56 PM
well... he hasn't reached it YET(:

With this event it is impossible to camp. Not worth missing out on the bonus.

Dreno33
05-01-2012, 02:01 PM
With this event it is impossible to camp. Not worth missing out on the bonus.

lol, as if many get it anyways... haha

War Priest
05-01-2012, 02:03 PM

I honestly don't see how you like playing Modern War when you just sit there. That would be so boring. I don't even have the patience to upgrade a building from 1 to 10 without being diverted to upgrade a different building...

Luke7676
05-01-2012, 02:10 PM

Dreno you know deep down you wanna join in on the fun. :)

Agent Orange
05-01-2012, 02:10 PM

Why did you drop to 199 allies? Granted one of my brothers is at 257 allies on L95 and he's quite powerful for that level and ally count. My other brother is at L91 with 460 allies and trying to reduce them back to around 275.

Sugarymama
05-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Why did you drop to 199 allies? Granted one of my brothers is at 257 allies on L95 and he's quite powerful for that level and ally count. My other brother is at L91 with 460 allies and trying to reduce them back to around 275.

Hey AO. Would you mind telling me why having a low ally count is so crucial starting at level 94? I'm currently at 91 and 745, and that is a reduction from 1245. I'm just trying to understand the game better. Right now, my rival list has allies ranging from as low as 300 to as high as 4000, so I'm curious to see what changes. Thanks.

Jp lfs
05-01-2012, 02:14 PM
I honestly don't see how you like playing Modern War when you just sit there. That would be so boring. I don't even have the patience to upgrade a building from 1 to 10 without being diverted to upgrade a different building...

He's not playing Modern War. He's playing Modern Economy.

Agent Orange
05-01-2012, 02:17 PM
I have upped my unit density quite a bit over the past month or so, but still don't want to be taking tree snipers and satellite trucks into battle!!

Unit density is your friend. Having tasty money buildings is actually going to make you a bigger target to those with attack and defense scores over 160,000 to 200,000. Why cloaking is such an important strategy.

In terms of where whale territory begins, it keeps moving up and that seems to be based on how many players fill a particular level, sort of like water pouring into a glass. The lowest level players I see are L102 right now but I think that could be more because I'm at L142. I think those closer to L102 probably see players a level or two below them and my brother at L95 is seeing players at L91 to L96.

In terms of loot items, oddly they seem to want to be lost first so actually having them might not be a completely bad thing plus the game seems to want to ferret out your Super Hornets and Stealth Frigates no matter what you try. I currently loose 10-20 sat trucks when I do a 30 hit attack.

Agent Orange
05-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Hey AO. Would you mind telling me why having a low ally count is so crucial starting at level 94? I'm currently at 91 and 745, and that is a reduction from 1245. I'm just trying to understand the game better. Right now, my rival list has allies ranging from as low as 300 to as high as 4000, so I'm curious to see what changes. Thanks.

Mainly gearing up for when you cross over into whale territory, if you walk in with 499 allies or over that is part of a 2000 valour goal so you are going to totally flattened by every player who has a slightly higher stat than you. Plus when he's always had a fairly low ally count and kept it low because he thought whale territory started at L90 which it did a while ago. Problem is the threshold keeps moving, so far upwards but wouldn't it be fun if suddenly the devs decided to drop it. I almost hope they do because a lot of players are now hiding below the 499 ally threshold in whale territory.

But to your question, oddly I'm finding that the lower ally count with a very high density army makes him fairly powerful at least right now since he's grouped in with players at his level and similar ally count.

Agent Orange
05-01-2012, 02:24 PM

The other thing is you are a sitting duck, I know that there is talk of a few golden players going LLP with all gold armies and wiping out the campers. This might be really interesting and won't cost a whole lot to pull off. Hmmmm.

Aidan
05-01-2012, 02:31 PM

I was trying to find new pool of target. I dropped gradually from 465 n ended up at 199. At L93 with full allies, there r not many targets around. I'm only raiding nowadays with lil bit attack here n there. At 199 allies, i did found many soft target n had lots of zero casualties battles. Problem is whenever i lose unit it's almost certain will be SH. My lowest is spectre gunship which i'm hoping will be the meat shields here (190 of them brought to battle). So far only lose 3 of them.

Jp lfs
05-01-2012, 02:31 PM
The other thing is you are a sitting duck, I know that there is talk of a few golden players going LLP with all gold armies and wiping out the campers. This might be really interesting and won't cost a whole lot to pull off. Hmmmm.

That's awesome! I was joking about doing that last week!

Aidan
05-01-2012, 02:33 PM

I'm doing tht right now with my LLP. So much fun. Lol. All crates army with some B-52 bomber.

SeqWins
05-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Aidan what level is your llp?

Aidan
05-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Aidan what level is your llp?

She's (my wife's account initially) at L38 now. Will go camping for a while at L40 to get composites n adv airfield to max

SeqWins
05-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Oh I thought you meant like really llp lol my wife is lvl 7 with all gold army

Aidan
05-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Well, my LLP leveld up too fast eventho i only play at night after work (in my wife's phone).
So, how is she doing seq? Good?

SeqWins
05-01-2012, 02:54 PM
She is good enjoying me now that I'm back, she going to Miami next week for mothers day her mom and her grandma are both over there and of course she's taking the fourth generation minion with her lol

Maverick50727
05-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Yes, and not afraid to admit it. I was hoping to level up a few more buildings first. I'm guessing those 12-15 million dollar upgrades are becoming less likely for me now.You know that whole L90 thing is a myth right and we have just been pulling you leg right? Come in the water is fine buddy. The sharks don't bite and I don't know what that color red is in the water either. Trust me. ELOL.

FYI, I had given up on the event ever starting and made a run for the nano before I was really ready. I needed to time it so I could level to get another run on energy for cash, but I went for it anyway. I though I could generate the additional 9 mil and leave unprotected for 1 hour max without an event going on in the middle of a work day. My cash payoffs on the adv destroyed sucked and got 500K less than I expected. I raided what I could, got to 18 mil and had at least 3 mil in trees to cover the rest. Didn't want to sell that building you know. Money process for 9 mil took 40 minutes. Had maybe 5 minutes to go in selling trees and my pulse was pounding. I started to see my money drop as I was selling them. Tried for a last ditch mission. Abandoned the thought of selling the nuclear plant or space center and buying the nano, in fear that the money would drop to fast. Bought a quick land expansion to stop the blood. Lost 1.5 Mil in 1 minunte when I was so close for the nano.

Right afterwards I found the event had started and the attacks had resumed. Oh well maybe next time. I didn't really care. Expansion was 17min and saved the other 7mil from the expected frenzy. I think it may have been team pirates, not sure who all is a member there now. But just wasn't taking the chance.

Of course I used all my energy and then can't get a med kit now. My luck to time the event just right. Next time I might just sell a building but at some point what will I do for upgrades and the time to rebuild those that I sold.

Nervous???

Sugarymama
05-01-2012, 02:59 PM

I've been saying that since I started playing the game. I definitely understand and respect forming a strategy, but when my energy and stamina are full, I want to PLAY. It's so boring to me to just collect from buildings and increase land/upgrade. I get antsy and have to blow something up...lol.

I guess that's why I'm at the level I am now. And the events do not help one stay still..

Jp lfs
05-01-2012, 03:06 PM
You know that whole L90 thing is a myth right and we have just been pulling you leg right? Come in the water is fine buddy. The sharks don't bite and I don't know what that color red is in the water either. Trust me. ELOL.

FYI, I had given up on the event ever starting and made a run for the nano before I was really ready. I needed to time it so I could level to get another run on energy for cash, but I went for it anyway. I though I could generate the additional 9 mil and leave unprotected for 1 hour max without an event going on in the middle of a work day. My cash payoffs on the adv destroyed sucked and got 500K less than I expected. I raided what I could, got to 18 mil and had at least 3 mil in trees to cover the rest. Didn't want to sell that building you know. Money process for 9 mil took 40 minutes. Had maybe 5 minutes to go in selling trees and my pulse was pounding. I started to see my money drop as I was selling them. Tried for a last ditch mission. Abandoned the thought of selling the nuclear plant or space center and buying the nano, in fear that the money would drop to fast. Bought a quick land expansion to stop the blood. Lost 1.5 Mil in 1 minunte when I was so close for the nano.

Right afterwards I found the event had started and the attacks had resumed. Oh well maybe next time. I didn't really care. Expansion was 17min and saved the other 7mil from the expected frenzy. I think it may have been team pirates, not sure who all is a member there now. But just wasn't taking the chance.

Of course I used all my energy and then can't get a med kit now. My luck to time the event just right. Next time I might just sell a building but at some point what will I do for upgrades and the time to rebuild those that I sold.

Nervous???

I love your insight, and I'm even happier that we are allies!!

Ascent
05-01-2012, 03:07 PM
I am at Level 98, almost 99. With 875 allies.

Still nothing special, except one thing: the rival list started to show a slightly larger spread.

It used to be all L98 and L99 (meaning same level as I am or one up) but now it has a few 100s and 101s showing as well.

Based on the enemies' stats it is still not whale territory.

Maybe they are all mythological whales ;)

Jp lfs
05-01-2012, 04:07 PM
I am at Level 98, almost 99. With 875 allies.

Still nothing special, except one thing: the rival list started to show a slightly larger spread.

It used to be all L98 and L99 (meaning same level as I am or one up) but now it has a few 100s and 101s showing as well.

Based on the enemies' stats it is still not whale territory.

Maybe they are all mythological whales ;)

I've actually been seeing that since Lvl 89. A 2-3 level spread and about 100 allies either way from me.

JMC
05-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Right now the lowest levels i've seen for a while is 99, if you guys keep cowering just below the threshold you will keep on missing it. If you guys are hiding for that long, you don't need to **** your pants when you hit the supposed threshold as it's probably moved on by then.

If the pirates attack it is almost always for a reason. When they do attack, they go all out on you for a week at least. that was not a pirate.

@the people talking about dreno camping. I also don't like that playstyle and think it's really boring, but aren't half of you just camping at other levels? That would explain why so many people are 'scared' of leveling up from events. Some of you guys can't really talk down on his playstyle when you've all been in the 40-60 range for like months now.

Jp lfs
05-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Right now the lowest levels i've seen for a while is 99, if you guys keep cowering just below the threshold you will keep on missing it. If you guys are hiding for that long, you don't need to **** your pants when you hit the supposed threshold as it's probably moved on by then.

Much respect, JMC for basically calling EVERYONE out and making some good points. I will no longer cower under the threshold. I've been pretty curious about the higher levels for a long time anyway. I guess it's time I jump in and find out for myself. Thank you.

JMC
05-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Just checked again, it's actually 101 now.

CAPT.GIN
05-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Wow this like a level 90 and up thread lol... I dont know anything you guys are talking about, but it sounds interesting...

Warfiend
05-01-2012, 11:09 PM
@the people talking about dreno camping. I also don't like that playstyle and think it's really boring, but aren't half of you just camping at other levels? That would explain why so many people are 'scared' of leveling up from events. Some of you guys can't really talk down on his playstyle when you've all been in the 40-60 range for like months now.

Some of those guys actually encourage newbies to camp by the expression of their own fears of leveling and they don't even realize it. While I definetly don't camp like dreno does(neither do I knock him for his style), I incorporated periods of camping into my own strategy based on what high level players here have said about their experiences at higher levels.

Why would I want to be in a hurry to experience all the problems they talk about? I'm not a masochist.

War Priest
05-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Don't ever recall reading about this but in whale territory, can somebody with 500 allies see someone with like 700, 900 and 1000 allies?

Sugarymama
05-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Don't ever recall reading about this but in whale territory, can somebody with 500 allies see someone with like 700, 900 and 1000 allies?

I guess I wonder that about lower levels as well.

Yes. I'm at level 96, and I have rivals with allies between 300 - 4000. But I've been saying this all along. The rivals list is based on level range, not allies.

And I'm starting to believe there is no real " whale territory". There are whales at every level. People at your level consider you a whale..

War Priest
05-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Yes. I'm at level 96, and I have rivals with allies between 300 - 4000. But I've been saying this all along. The rivals list is based on level range, not allies.

And I'm starting to believe there is no real " whale territory". There are whales at every level. People at your level consider you a whale..

I just go with the flow and call it "whale terrirtory".

Those damn non forum players keeping 4000 allies...

Sugarymama
05-09-2012, 06:15 PM
I just go with the flow and call it "whale terrirtory".

Those damn non forum players keeping 4000 allies...

Lol...it doesn't help them. When I attack those rivals, we bring the same number of units into battle. And i win 99% of the time. So I don't sweat the ally number right now.

However, maybe in the much higher levels ( over 120) you can bring as any units as allies. Why else would Funzio allow players to have an unlimited number of allies?

War Priest
05-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Lol...it doesn't help them. When I attack those rivals, we bring the same number of units into battle. And i win 99% of the time. So I don't sweat the ally number right now.

However, maybe in the much higher levels ( over 120) you can bring as any units as allies. Why else would Funzio allow players to have an unlimited number of allies?

You cannot bring more than 2000 units into battle. That is the cap no matter the ally count.

Sugarymama
05-09-2012, 07:03 PM
You cannot bring more than 2000 units into battle. That is the cap no matter the ally count.

Well that's good to know.