PDA

View Full Version : Who is still playing the event?

Ram
05-01-2012, 11:01 AM
I have now ignored several phone calls and messages on my Iphone!

Nicholost
05-01-2012, 11:04 AM
You may be the only one raising your hand here, Ram. Everyone else is either smart enough to not admit they are or is no longer playing.

Gaming Will
05-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Cricket: chirp, chirp

Yahkin
05-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Buy an Ipad...no one calls. :p

Ram
05-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Buy an Ipad...no one calls. :p

Is the Ipad 3 any good?

Luciferianism
05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
A confession of exploitation, nice.

Yahkin
05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Is the Ipad 3 any good?
Not sure...still slumming with the 2. I've heard talk of overheating issues and that the current recommendation is to save $100 and pick up a 2.

<3 Hz
05-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Actually mine's still open tried 4 or 5 more opens since it ended with no luck. I have the feeling that even if I had 10,000 crates to open, none of them would contain a painting.

It's not an exploit b/c you don't have to modify game files/be jail broken, etc. I figure if they won't give me the item, I'll open crates as long as I can & at least get some decent stuff like cash or 500 respect.

Ram
05-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Not sure...still slumming with the 2. I've heard talk of overheating issues and that the current recommendation is to save $100 and pick up a 2.

They will most likely release the Ipad 4 in a year and a half anyways...

Nicholost
05-01-2012, 11:19 AM
It's not an exploit b/c you don't have to modify game files/be jail broken, etc. I figure if they won't give me the item, I'll open crates as long as I can & at least get some decent stuff like cash or 500 respect.
It's not a hack because you don't need to modify the game. Exploits and hacks are very different. Exploits are achieving gain while playing within the rules, but playing in a way that may not be intended. It's debatable whether this is even an exploit because if it were not intended, the server would prevent any and all opening after the clock has run out. That fact that it doesn't do this suggests that Funzio is okay with it.

Swifty
05-01-2012, 11:24 AM
As always, i got a handful of "fail to open" and then the app crashed.

iPad 2 wi-fi only.

ICEMAN0023
05-01-2012, 11:41 AM
I have now ignored several phone calls and messages on my Iphone!

More than likely all of those making all the threads on cheating lol.

Exploit cheat what have you all in the same.

Leaving your app open so you can continue a event that is over is no better than performing money glitch.

My opinion only take it for what it is.

Babytway
05-01-2012, 11:51 AM
mine ipad2 booted me off the game right after the event was over.

Yahkin
05-01-2012, 11:52 AM
It's not a hack because you don't need to modify the game. Exploits and hacks are very different. Exploits are achieving gain while playing within the rules, but playing in a way that may not be intended. It's debatable whether this is even an exploit because if it were not intended, the server would prevent any and all opening after the clock has run out. That fact that it doesn't do this suggests that Funzio is okay with it.

They may not be OK with it, but may not have the ability to stop it at this point due to limitations in either the game design, or the way Ipxx apps interact with their respective devices.

Of course the latter could simply be dealt with by making a written rule that states playing past the event timer is considered cheating and those accounts will be subject to repercussions.

QPR
05-01-2012, 11:54 AM

There is definitely a problem with overheating on the ipad 3. The first batch we had at work to be rolled out all had overheating issues. I would advise against getting one right now until apple are certain these issues are resolved.

Max Power
05-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Is the Ipad 3 any good?

There is no iPad 3.

Nicholost
05-01-2012, 12:07 PM
They may not be OK with it, but may not have the ability to stop it at this point due to limitations in either the game design, or the way Ipxx apps interact with their respective devices.

Sure they do. They know what time the event ends and so does the server. Every attempt at opening an event object requires a call to the server. If they don't want people to play past the event end, simply don't allow the server to return any loot.

So one of four things is happening that has convinced them not to turn off this functionality: 1) clock synchronization between the server and client is not precise, so there's a small use-case where a user's clock displays 1 minute left and the server has already ended the event. They keep this functionality open to account for that case. 2) They don't care and it's not a big deal if people play past the event because the unstable software will eventually force them to quite. 3) People feel as if they were given a second chance and frantically spend gold to get the last item in overtime. 4) Their admin tools are so limited that they cannot do anything about it, which is what you proposed. My suspicion is that's it's either #2 or #3.

Whoopdido1980
05-01-2012, 12:10 PM
I kept mine open and tried about 5 times before I just closed it. In the past, my "overtime" open rate actually seemed much better than "regular time". I never got a diamond/emerald/painting or whatever, but I seemed to get loot more often. This time, after 5 fails in a row, I just said screw it and closed the app. Whether Funzio changed something to make it harder to get loot in overtime or not, 5 straight fails told me that it was obviously time to just call it quits.

Just waiting for the monsters and "new stuff" now.

Gaming Will
05-01-2012, 12:11 PM
I think it is both 2 and 3.

Dravak
05-01-2012, 12:16 PM
I didn't not even on MW where first event refused to close even with 3 app restart , maybe funzio wanted you to continue or maybe they just want to test your own resolve to stay fair .

At this point I do not care anymore just like Iceman said , you all know what is fair or not , so don't come moaning and *****ing about cheaters cause they abide by different rules ...
So take care all do what you have to do , I will just use the gold button lol , if things get frustrated .
If you cannot use the gold button too bad , real life is never fair .

Sorry Ram I can understand why you do it , doesn't mean I approve of it , but then again am in the minority :p

Nicholost
05-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Dravak, you are the most self-righteous person I have ever come across on any internet forum, ever. That's saying something too.

ICEMAN0023
05-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Sure they do. They know what time the event ends and so does the server. Every attempt at opening an event object requires a call to the server. If they don't want people to play past the event end, simply don't allow the server to return any loot.

So one of four things is happening that has convinced them not to turn off this functionality: 1) clock synchronization between the server and client is not precise, so there's a small use-case where a user's clock displays 1 minute left and the server has already ended the event. They keep this functionality open to account for that case. 2) They don't care and it's not a big deal if people play past the event because the unstable software will eventually force them to quite. 3) People feel as if they were given a second chance and frantically spend gold to get the last item in overtime. 4) Their admin tools are so limited that they cannot do anything about it, which is what you proposed. My suspicion is that's it's either #2 or #3.

While you are probably right in your assumptions why is this not a form of exploit or cheat? And as alot of people put it should get at least a slap on the wrist to let the masses know they are watching.

Exploit or cheat is exactly that and should be seen as such.same people that cry foul are ones leaving apps open to exploit event timer.

You cannot live on both sides of the street and point fingers as you cross back and forth.( no I am not directing this at you lol).

Just saying...

Nicholost
05-01-2012, 12:47 PM
...no I am not directing this at you lol...

Just saying...
Thank you for clarifying.

I do believe this qualifies as an exploit, but it isn't much of an exploit. The effort needed on the user's end is nothing. Technically, if you have opened an event object even a millisecond after the event end, you have exploited this. If you're a hardcore event object opener, it's almost hard not to have used this exploit, IMO.

Olly1
05-01-2012, 01:36 PM
I know a number of people that have done this, myself included. I had a 1 successful open after the timer ended which was my 2nd attempt.

It's not cheating as has already been stated, and it's not something Funzio will tell you off for. It is a minor gain to those who do it (whilst blocking all calls and messages) and to think others don't do it is naive, just as it is naive to feel annoyance to those who do.

Yahkin
05-01-2012, 02:23 PM
I know a number of people that have done this, myself included. I had a 1 successful open after the timer ended which was my 2nd attempt.

It's not cheating as has already been stated, and it's not something Funzio will tell you off for. It is a minor gain to those who do it (whilst blocking all calls and messages) and to think others don't do it is naive, just as it is naive to feel annoyance to those who do.

You do realize that this will become someone's signature someday. :) Just like the one about M4A1's never being nerfed.

Swingle007
05-01-2012, 02:53 PM
I played for 2 full days beyond the time that the contest ended on my 2nd account last contest (always got dropped quickly after the other ones but not this time). Disregarded my other 2 funzio games, phone calls, texts and emails, etc. and it was a waste. Must have opened 30 additional boxes in that time, and stayed stuck on 8. Got things like respect and weapons, but not a single item to help me get further towards 10. I wont do it again as it made me think that they turn that part of the contest off, but they at least allow you to take shots at other items inside crates you worked hard to earn until u ultimately exit/get dropped by the app. I've always thought we should get something for crates we didn't have time to open before the contest ended. Maybe a thousand bucks each for what was leftover? Or the ability to straight sell them outright immediately once you get the tenth item if you don't want to attempt the remaining 100+ packages u still have. What about trading 10 crates for 100 respect or something also? Would be cool!

Murda
05-01-2012, 03:06 PM
I got a few 500 R extra on the last event, which to me was great. I don't expect prize drops during the event so definitely not after, but I'll take the 500 R all day.

Wait, I meant to say a friend of mine did this.......

procsyzarc
05-01-2012, 03:17 PM
I find it funny how people say this isn’t cheating because the game allows it and Funzio don’t stop you doing it and since you aren’t changing the client you aren’t doing anything wrong.

Well if my quick read through the cash cheat was correct (and if it’s not someone correct me and this post can be disregarded) it did not involve changing the client or jail breaking your device and was all technically within the limits of the game yet people are outraged people aren’t banned fast enough claiming it is the end of the game and Funzio ruined the game by not reacting fast enough.

So both situations are pretty much the same, no client changes, everything being done within the limits of the games programming and what the server will allow but not intended by Funzio. Yet we have one situation where most say it’s fine and you aren’t doing anything wrong and Funzio have no right to ban you and one where people are saying Funzio are crap for not banning fast enough.

Not trying to justify either one but you can’t have it both ways either both should be grounds for a ban or neither. As for one being a minor gain and one being game breaking that is certainly debatable since I would argue any one of the 10th items will give a far higher boost to stats than can ever been gained from in game cash and respect items (since respect can be gained from chests) are far superior to in game cash items

ICEMAN0023
05-01-2012, 07:40 PM
I find it funny how people say this isn’t cheating because the game allows it and Funzio don’t stop you doing it and since you aren’t changing the client you aren’t doing anything wrong.

Well if my quick read through the cash cheat was correct (and if it’s not someone correct me and this post can be disregarded) it did not involve changing the client or jail breaking your device and was all technically within the limits of the game yet people are outraged people aren’t banned fast enough claiming it is the end of the game and Funzio ruined the game by not reacting fast enough.

So both situations are pretty much the same, no client changes, everything being done within the limits of the games programming and what the server will allow but not intended by Funzio. Yet we have one situation where most say it’s fine and you aren’t doing anything wrong and Funzio have no right to ban you and one where people are saying Funzio are crap for not banning fast enough.

Not trying to justify either one but you can’t have it both ways either both should be grounds for a ban or neither. As for one being a minor gain and one being game breaking that is certainly debatable since I would argue any one of the 10th items will give a far higher boost to stats than can ever been gained from in game cash and respect items (since respect can be gained from chests) are far superior to in game cash items

Exactly what I was saying nicely put!

Reminds me of a saying my dad used to say "If you are willing to bend the rules for your self gain do not be quick to judge when others follow suit."

Either way you spin it both exploits give advantages that are not meant to be by Funzio.

If you choose to keep your phone/tablet open on the app to get a few extra days or you are exploiting your way to mega riches I am not here to judge you both are exploits.

Exploit away get billions of dollars by cheating! Maybe get that 10th item 3 days after event is over!

Have at it whatever floats your boat. I will be trying to get stronger the way the game was meant to be played I like a challenge (yes I have spent money to hit the nitro button!).

Just remember for every action there is a reaction.

Beardy
05-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Hang on....What's all this talk about cheating.

What if you never close crime city on your ipad? This would mean you would carry on untill you run out of crates. I think the countdown time is really the countdown till when the burners/atms/crates stop dropping and you are able to collect more.

I have sometime thought it would be good to have an iPad for JUST crime city, but that requires being rich...:(

Yahkin
05-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Reminds me of a saying my dad used to say "If you are willing to bend the rules for your self gain do not be quick to judge when others follow suit."

I have been consistent and have argued that neither the money exploit or playing beyond the event timer are cheating. That does not reflect on which if any of these exploits I have taken part in, nor does it matter.

Either way you spin it both exploits give advantages that are not meant to be by Funzio.
Actually, we don't know this to be true. Funzio gave their opinion on the money hack, but has not spoken up in regards to the longer event timers. I disagree that they are advantages over other players as all players have equal access to the things in question.

If you choose to keep your phone/tablet open on the app to get a few extra days or you are exploiting your way to mega riches I am not here to judge you both are exploits.

Exploit away get billions of dollars by cheating! Maybe get that 10th item 3 days after event is over!

Have at it whatever floats your boat. I will be trying to get stronger the way the game was meant to be played I like a challenge (yes I have spent money to hit the nitro button!).

This is inconsistent. You state in the first paragraph that you will not judge, but by paragraph 3 you are stating that you are better because you play the way it was "meant" to be played.

I would argue that this is a Crime game and lying, cheating, and stealing is exactly how it should be played. :)

Just remember for every action there is a reaction.

ICEMAN0023
05-01-2012, 08:29 PM
I have been consistent and have argued that neither the money exploit or playing beyond the event timer are cheating. That does not reflect on which if any of these exploits I have taken part in, nor does it matter.

Actually, we don't know this to be true. Funzio gave their opinion on the money hack, but has not spoken up in regards to the longer event timers. I disagree that they are advantages over other players as all players have equal access to the things in question.

This is inconsistent. You state in the first paragraph that you will not judge, but by paragraph 3 you are stating that you are better because you play the way it was "meant" to be played.

I would argue that this is a Crime game and lying, cheating, and stealing is exactly how it should be played. :)

Thank you for you nicely displayed response!

I never claim to better in anyone of the above Paragraphs. I made a statement I would play the game the way it was meant to be played because I like the challenge.

Your play on my words is a weak attempt to get a rise.

No Soup for you!

wupuck
05-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Just got the 10 painting, lil surprised really. Considering this prize makes players increase levels faster and increases the odds folks will spend real $, I would have thought this prize wouldst been a little easier to get really.

To those who think my leaving this game on is cheating, ur an idiot. The ONLY thing that matters is Funzio can money so they can get acquired. Rules change all the time (m4 anyone? ) That's the ONLY consistent rule. Considering how unstable this game is, folks need to be very careful and disciplined to do something that might crash the game. So quit ur whining.

Nicholost
05-01-2012, 10:01 PM
I think the countdown time is really the countdown till when the burners/atms/crates stop dropping and you are [not] able to collect more.

Actually, I bet that's exactly what that means. The timer doesn't signify when you should stop opening even objects, it signifies when event objects will stop dropping from PvP and PvE. When the timer runs out, it says "Event Ending: Soon!" not "event over." Plus, we are still able to open event objects after the timer has ended. I strongly doubt that's an oversight. The timer doesn't end the event, existing the game after the time reaches zero ends the event.

If memory serves me right, skeeball works this way. You keep getting balls, and therefore attempts, until the timer is up. After that, you stop getting more balls, but you are able to continue trying with the balls you do have until you are out of balls. Once you are out of balls, the game is over and you collect your tickets. If you choose to walk away from the game while you have balls left because the timer ran out, well, that's your call.

Unless Funzio says otherwise, I contend that playing past the event timer isn't cheating, or even an exploit, at all.

dudeman
05-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Actually, I bet that's exactly what that means. The timer doesn't signify when you should stop opening even objects, it signifies when event objects will stop dropping from PvP and PvE. When the timer runs out, it says "Event Ending: Soon!" not "event over." Plus, we are still able to open event objects after the timer has ended. I strongly doubt that's an oversight. The timer doesn't end the event, existing the game after the time reaches zero ends the event.

If memory serves me right, skeeball works this way. You keep getting balls, and therefore attempts, until the timer is up. After that, you stop getting more balls, but you are able to continue trying with the balls you do have until you are out of balls. Once you are out of balls, the game is over and you collect your tickets. If you choose to walk away from the game while you have balls left because the timer ran out, well, that's your call.

Unless Funzio says otherwise, I contend that playing past the event timer isn't cheating, or even an exploit, at all.

+1 jnfjrjenviemobtrkunga

CounterSniper
05-01-2012, 10:40 PM

+2. ..........

Ram
05-01-2012, 11:25 PM
24 hours later and the game is still open on my phone lulz

Walter
05-01-2012, 11:29 PM
24 hours later and the game is still open on my phone lulz

Any significant luck?

ruffy
05-02-2012, 05:45 AM
why r u still on this event? didn't you say everyone including you will sure get this 10th item?

u make me laugh real hard...

Nicholost
05-02-2012, 07:11 AM
I play on iPad but my Internet resets at 12 am meaning it disconnects for a few seconds at that time so it won't work.
Actually, it will. You can hop between networks and the game will pick up the new connection like nothing happened. I do this during events between home and work.

Regarding the topic, it isn't a cheat but it promotes unfairness to majority that play fairly.
I'm not following how it promotes unfairness. Where's the unfairness?

upsman_17
05-02-2012, 07:52 AM
In all of the events I have opened crates after the timer has ended. Never got a contraband item, but have gotten plenty of 500 RP and other loot items. This past event thought, I never answered a call or text, the app didn't crash, and I never closed out of it, but after the 3rd open after the timer ended I came back an hour later and the while the game was still up, the event was gone. Other events it seems I was able to go further until I closed it out myself. Maybe Funzio is slowly fixing this as events go on. On on the topic of cheating. I in no way feel that taking advantage of a glitch/exploit is cheating. If it's available to everyone than bravo to those smart enough to take advantage. This is a game, a crime game at that. I am concerned with my progress and success in this game, not yours. Those that disagree, well then :,( BOO HOO. Cry me a river. Your continued whining and i-sulking will change NOTHING. Just play your game and move on.

Shaf.ch
12-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Has anyone else noticed, when we have the events, there are a few people (like 20-30) that seam to be on like 50 box's/crates/pictures, or whatever is being collected, and 1 or 2 peop on over a 100, thats within the 1st hour or 2. How is it possible.
I have since been on the net seeing how it is possible, and was shocked to read, there are exploits and stuff people can run on iphones, which allows them to speed up stuff and multiple hacks.
Just wondering, why Gree/ the mods have not picked up on this, as this dishearts other players, As im now just get 20 items for the stuff i can get, and dont even bother trying to hit the top 25, as it seams to me that people maybe cheating to get that many items in such a short time.

Ragmondino
12-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Epic necro.
Well played sir

Ramshutu
12-01-2012, 10:37 AM
IBTL.

Also taking bets as to whether this thread will be locked, but there will be no official update on the android issue.

Steve0
12-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Wow upsman still banned, still playing ingame though

Ragmondino
12-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Ill bet it's not locked tonight. Ill lay 2 augs and 3 low riders

Dravak
12-01-2012, 12:00 PM
That is mine you lost the bet raggy hand it over :p

They have to pretend they are not here ;) ... Nobody is reading the forums ....

dudeman
12-01-2012, 01:27 PM
In before "you-know-who"* shows up with his "Don't necro threads" brown nosing.

http://www.a1gifts.co.uk/images/prodimages/DP0367L-2.jpg

the_dude
12-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Is that mr hankey?

dudeman
12-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Is that mr hankey?

No, it's SantaPikaJazzaquim, the Zero of Time. He brown noses so hard that he actually gets right in there, and I imagine that when he's finished, that's what he looks like.

:cool:

You mean this guy...

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag96/qwerty9702/95D7E672-6FC7-43C4-900F-E50A1A27B736-2838-000003ED76E2C1C2_zps9c944ee0.jpg

Yes. ;)

Honey Boo Boo
12-01-2012, 01:42 PM
In before "you-know-who"* shows up with his "Don't necro threads" brown nosing.

http://www.a1gifts.co.uk/images/prodimages/DP0367L-2.jpg

You mean this guy...

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag96/qwerty9702/95D7E672-6FC7-43C4-900F-E50A1A27B736-2838-000003ED76E2C1C2_zps9c944ee0.jpg

the_dude
12-01-2012, 01:48 PM
I know, i just didn't want to get put on his naughty list this year. You better watch out, he's gonna find out. :)

Hero of Time
12-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Don't necro threads.

dudeman
12-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Don't necro threads.

Don't bump necro threads.

the_dude
12-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Oh no! Santa Claws has come to town.

Labradorite
12-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Oh no! Santa Claws has come to town.

Please don't blame him. He's not a bad person. His real name is Jack Skellington.
On Feb 29, 2012, he opens a portal to Crime City and the nightmare continues...

marebear
12-01-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm 99.9 percent sure we asked CCMark about this (playing in ot) and he knew and didn't care. I have searched for the thread but can't find it. Sorry All I know was it was in the MW section and "might" have been on a AMA thread.

Ragmondino
12-02-2012, 02:35 AM
That is mine you lost the bet raggy hand it over :p

They have to pretend they are not here ;) ... Nobody is reading the forums ....

I won it never got locked...
You owe me 500 gold and a top event prize. That was what you offered right??

Bea
12-02-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm 99.9 percent sure we asked CCMark about this (playing in ot) and he knew and didn't care. I have searched for the thread but can't find it. Sorry All I know was it was in the MW section and "might" have been on a AMA thread.

Yes, I remember him saying that OT was OK.

Dravak
12-03-2012, 04:30 AM
I won it never got locked...
You owe me 500 gold and a top event prize. That was what you offered right??

you know you owe me a steyr aug and some other worthless junk ;) I tend to collect them from you :p

Now you are offering 500 gold and a top event prize too :D muwhahhaa , you are cornoring yourself ;)
See no CCM or any mod intervening whole weekend long .

they are all on "holiday" mode