PDA

View Full Version : 2h 38 minute left... gold or no gold?

Gaming Will
04-30-2012, 09:22 PM
title says it....

deuces
04-30-2012, 09:23 PM
see where you're at in 2 hours and decide how lucky you feel! Bravo for holding out this long.

<3 Hz
04-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Meh, I say don't do it, you'll probably end up disappointed.

Dravak
04-30-2012, 09:29 PM
How many boxes do you have and if you spent gold make sure you are in for atleast 1 vault .
And can afford it .
So make sure you have that many boxes reset open mix of cash and gold opening .

So bottom line is how bad do you want it , if badly do not gamble small .

Dipstik
04-30-2012, 09:29 PM
I figure my play style requires this item more than the palms I was saving up for so I started using my tapjoy gold at six hours to go... Turning gold into $25000 feels bad man.

Pekersss
04-30-2012, 09:31 PM
No good unless it's something you couldn't live without... In which case I think you'd have it by now. : )

Does anyone else think it'd be kinda rad if you could trade final weapon stats (free bank, 65%, etc)? Might make for an insterersting game...

Gaming Will
04-30-2012, 09:33 PM
I figure my play style requires this item more than the palms I was saving up for so I started using my tapjoy gold at six hours to go... Turning gold into $25000 feels bad man.

Valid point... but seeing as I only have 1 of the end item events... I got the itch!

Maniaxe
04-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Its your money, blow it, save it its all up to you. I am at 9 with no end items ever...so I feel you on having the itch lol.

Pekersss
04-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Edited to add: I wouldn't go for it.

Dipstik
04-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Also at nine and never won... This item works for me since I plan on leveling nonstop to 200 and farming the **** out of the new bosses.

Gaming Will
04-30-2012, 09:41 PM
yea, I've spent about 100 gold already. But AARRGGHH, I got the gold and no patience...

Gaming Will
04-30-2012, 09:52 PM
And so I blasted through 6 crates... thinking I'm not wasting much more. Oh well, thanks and good luck to those that will be up for the last 2 hours.

Lionheart3239
04-30-2012, 10:09 PM
I spent over 300, no luck. Do you guys have enough crates left?

Gaming Will
04-30-2012, 10:13 PM
I played on the DL this event. I have 5 left, have stayed < 11 on this event. I did get some pretty good loot with the $ option. Not a total loss.

ruffy
04-30-2012, 10:31 PM
how many open attempts have u tried since the 9th?

i took me 50+ opened attempts from 9th using gold to get it...

are you prepared for it? you could need 50 x 2 x 15 old = 1 vault of gold and might still not get it...

which means should you pour more in to recoup some sunk cost?

if your pocket is deep, go for it...

if not dun bother..

Babytway
04-30-2012, 10:34 PM
i say if you gonna use gold you might as well keep using til you get it, otherwise you end up spending some and dont get it, it wouild be a waste

crates are the better option

Lionheart3239
04-30-2012, 10:39 PM
I only have five crates. I know I won't get it now, few days ago when I was on 9 I thought I was so close to getting #10 this time.

Lionheart3239
04-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Oh someone should change the topic of this thread or bring back time.

Shizolator
05-01-2012, 12:42 AM
This game is statistically rigged. Do not spend any $$ on gold. I set out to prove a theory and dropped almost $100 on gold for this latest event. You'd figure Funzio would at least tilt the odds in favor of customers using gold for crates. Nope. Even with gold, your odds drop dramatically as you get closer to 10 and the event comes to a close... All in an attempt to make you desperate, yet somehow optimistic.

What a bunch of scrotes, who are laughing all the way to the bank.

You may be one of the lucky few who did it without gold, well someone has to win the lottery once in a while to keep the other suckers paying out, so count yourself among the lucky folks who've won Vegas slot jackpots, been struck by lightening, or can suck their own schlong... Funzio can suck mine. I will make it a personal mission to post this wherever I can to keep peeps from falling into the spending trap these crate events create.

Dipstik
05-01-2012, 06:55 AM
The odds do tilt in your favor if you use gold... You never have failed opens and/or you get to open more crates. Exactly as advertised. You people kill me...

Maniaxe
05-01-2012, 07:21 AM
This game is statistically rigged. Do not spend any $$ on gold. I set out to prove a theory and dropped almost $100 on gold for this latest event. You'd figure Funzio would at least tilt the odds in favor of customers using gold for crates. Nope. Even with gold, your odds drop dramatically as you get closer to 10 and the event comes to a close... All in an attempt to make you desperate, yet somehow optimistic.

What a bunch of scrotes, who are laughing all the way to the bank.

You may be one of the lucky few who did it without gold, well someone has to win the lottery once in a while to keep the other suckers paying out, so count yourself among the lucky folks who've won Vegas slot jackpots, been struck by lightening, or can suck their own schlong... Funzio can suck mine. I will make it a personal mission to post this wherever I can to keep peeps from falling into the spending trap these crate events create.
....You also can open 5760 crates at one crate per a minute using the reset button for a four day event. That's only 86400 gold. I'm sure the odds will be stacked in your favoring if you can get over 5760 opens. Or you could use all 5760 opens with gold which is a additional 86400 gold. Perhaps you should do your research prior to investing your money into something that is the equivalent of a scratch lotto ticket. (hahah where are those btw?) You would have seen there is someone just like you after every event!

So in closing I am sure if you spend $17,280 in gold you will definitely get the end item. AMG got it with only 435 gold on the first day so.... ohhh yeah its called good luck.

Gaming Will
05-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Sheesh, people...it's just a game? I spend no more on this game than I would a night out at the bar? Get over it, I asked whether I should try or not.

Spent a little, didn't get it. No biggie, I'm still playing.

Maniaxe
05-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Ohhh no no man I apologize I was responding to a previous post, not you. Sorry about that should be fixed.:D I am all for spending a little gold if you want to its your money I spent a little last night too! I was so clooooose to number ten for the first time! O well hopefully we will both just get them next time, should only be a day or two lol.

beaux
05-01-2012, 10:24 AM
I've been on 9 for 4 days now. some good loot since but, no art.

Gaming Will
05-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Ohhh no no man I apologize I was responding to a previous post, not you. Sorry about that should be fixed.:D I am all for spending a little gold if you want to its your money I spent a little last night too! I was so clooooose to number ten for the first time! O well hopefully we will both just get them next time, should only be a day or two lol.

Wasn't directed specifically at you man. But rather all of the ones complaining, yada yada yada. No problem, nothing personal!