PDA

View Full Version : Idea about Event 10th items!!!!!!

mnju_03
04-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Didn't get it? Spent a lot? Never slept? Wife left you? Boss fired you? ( if you answered yes, seek help. )

Seriously though...If an offer came out for a specific amount of time, with full notice given ... by update, pop up, forums...whatever

An offer that was for 10th items for sale at a price and or a bundle of all of them....
Maybe they can only be purchased and added if you don't already have them in your inventory, maybe not...

Heck, I'd pay a lot for this, a lot... like $50usd per item.
This is rough of course, I want people to share their thoughts on this...

Cloud4201
04-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Since I've gotten 0 of the 10th items so far I would definitely agree with this thread hahah

mdtacor
04-30-2012, 08:01 PM
I'll probably pay $50 usd for free banking deposits...for some reason that's like a missed opportunity to me :P

mnju_03
04-30-2012, 08:04 PM
I'd do it for every one of them that I don't already have and that's $150 on Michael $150 on mnju03....
That plus the 2 previous posts and we're talking $900 just from 3 people. This is a money maker!

mdtacor
04-30-2012, 08:08 PM
The diamond sig and emerald burner I'll probably maybe most definitely buy for an arm and a leg. Will see if they become available.

Maniaxe
04-30-2012, 08:11 PM
To bad you can't sell items to other players. I would be knocking on your door like a crackhead with stolen CDs ever day!

Hell no I don't want a damn Diana Ross CD get the hell of my porch!

If I start a crackhead Diana Ross stolen CD pyramid scheme and manage to make $300 extra dollars that I don't need and do not get stabbed and robbed by my employees, then yes I would buy all six items!

mdtacor
04-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Hey I got the bank buster...I'll go try to rob a bank with my I-phone and the bank buster and see if I can get us all enough cash to buy these items. If my I-phone fails on me and I get arrested and shot then killed, please donate a case of Stella Artois to my funeral.

ICEMAN0023
04-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Didn't get it? Spent a lot? Never slept? Wife left you? Boss fired you? ( if you answered yes, seek help. )

Seriously though...If an offer came out for a specific amount of time, with full notice given ... by update, pop up, forums...whatever

An offer that was for 10th items for sale at a price and or a bundle of all of them....
Maybe they can only be purchased and added if you don't already have them in your inventory, maybe not...

Heck, I'd pay a lot for this, a lot... like $50usd per item.
This is rough of course, I want people to share their thoughts on this...

While I like our idea and direction it is going.

I would prefer as soon as a event starts you have a total gold cost to opt out of the annoying hourly crate/ATM quest.
I spend a ton of gold refreshing the timer as my time is valuable and I have a "Have to have it need for the items"

Just tell me up front 2k gold and I end the event as soon as it starts I will pay happily.

mnju_03
04-30-2012, 08:25 PM
While I like our idea and direction it is going.

I would prefer as soon as a event starts you have a total gold cost to opt out of the annoying hourly crate/ATM quest.
I spend a ton of gold refreshing the timer as my time is valuable and I have a "Have to have it need for the items"

Just tell me up front 2k gold and I end the event as soon as it starts I will pay happily.

True but, goes against the whole "chance" theme they stick to..... I like it none the less. :)

Lionheart3239
04-30-2012, 08:25 PM
They should add like some guarantee, like 300 gold bars you will get the 10th item. Or try your luck with cash or less gold.

Cloud4201
04-30-2012, 08:26 PM
I like that idea as well. Although 2k may be a little rich for me but I'd definitely pay a vault of gold for the emerald burner, the loaded dice, and possibly the diamond sig. Each of course.

procsyzarc
04-30-2012, 08:40 PM
They should add like some guarantee, like 300 gold bars you will get the 10th item. Or try your luck with cash or less gold.

Although I would love this I can't see it happening, even ignoring the bonus stat wise these items far surpass even the most expensive items so 2000 gold is probably more realistic

mnju_03
05-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Although I would love this I can't see it happening, even ignoring the bonus stat wise these items far surpass even the most expensive items so 2000 gold is probably more realistic

I accept!

Either way... Bump bump bump it up!

Luciferianism
05-01-2012, 12:38 PM
The 10th event items are game breakingly unbalanced and I suspect difficult to obtain on purpose. There's a delicate balance between the game making money and people buying mass success. These things can single handedly make 50 upgraded defence buildings irrelevant and the bonus abilities on them give a monumental bonus over other players. I think it's best they be hugely difficult to get and as it stands paying customers are theoretically more likely to get them anyway.

Strawberry Cough
05-01-2012, 12:46 PM
I have 4/6. Couldn't get the Emerald Burner and the truck. How about trading a few hundred boxes for one of the 10 items we need to find. I usually end up with at least 200 boxes after each event.

mnju_03
05-01-2012, 01:53 PM
The 10th event items are game breakingly unbalanced and I suspect difficult to obtain on purpose. There's a delicate balance between the game making money and people buying mass success. These things can single handedly make 50 upgraded defence buildings irrelevant and the bonus abilities on them give a monumental bonus over other players. I think it's best they be hugely difficult to get and as it stands paying customers are theoretically more likely to get them anyway.

I respectfully disagree. ;)

Dravak
05-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Truth is till static shows what % of the people have 6/6 .
We cannot talk about imbalance yet , since basically this more like ad value to the account game .

So mnju want to buy 6/6 that can still grow to 85/90 without gold invested ;)

No you cannot have it muwhahahaha ;)

TenderPlacebo
05-01-2012, 04:29 PM
I would be happy just buying the perks: free banking,25% upgrade time, etc, it would be like buying good fellow. I could do without the stat part, might decrease price a bit that way, I mean stats alone on end items are worth 900 gold.

mnju_03
05-01-2012, 04:44 PM
I love how you guys are soaking this in and giving input... :)

Dipstik
05-01-2012, 05:16 PM
I love it too, but only for the schadenfreude.

Nudie
05-01-2012, 06:02 PM
If only they would let me trade all my butterfly knives for the emerald burner....

Paulio
05-01-2012, 06:55 PM
I would totally buy at least 2 items. However, many players, such as myself, spend gold on the events and have zero 10th items to show for it. If people knew they could simply purchase the item for a fixed price, they probably wouldn't gamble 15 bars at a time for an uncertain outcome. I doubt this will happen because funzio probably makes a fortune off of timer resets and opens. Either way, I completely support your idea ... Funzio, please take this suggestion into consideration.

Luke 3457
05-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Yea I'd pay 100.00 for burner and dice now!!! Do you need my card info? Lol

mnju_03
05-01-2012, 07:05 PM
What if it was an end of the year sale, offering specially the past years items? Or something in that sort of thingy mabobber...

Luke 3457
05-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Awesome idea never happen funzio cleans up with events y do think we have one once a week. Lol. Plus cause an up roar with everyone who spent several hundred on previous events to get item

mnju_03
05-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Why would it be so negative though if it was last years items, each and every new item seems to be much more powerful and or unique.

Quirt
05-01-2012, 07:57 PM
I spent a "Vault of Gold" on timer rests and opens during the last two days :( I'm not joking -- I wish I was --- it was one of those deals like --- well I've invested this much I might as well keep going until I get it --- thinking of course I have more than a better chance to get one --- but I did not :(
Soooo of course I would like to trade my vault of gold for a sure thing --- only problem is 1500 gold for one item is pretty pricey :P

ryusho
05-01-2012, 08:26 PM
It's funny how when the crates was introduced, everyone was saying how people should be buying crates for the chance to get rare items instead of paying extravagant sums for a high spec equipment. And yet, with the events also being a chance scenario, there are people asking about how they want to buy the final item.

Anyway, my point in this post is to use math to calculate what would be a fair cost IF Funzio decides to sell the bonus+items.

With the crates, rare items have a 10% chance of dropping.

Hence, it has a multiplication factor of 1/10% = 10

Since a crate costs 50 gold, based on the multiplication factor, the rare items gold cost is 500.
Based on their rare items stats, the actual cost is just about right, with one of the rare items usually costing more than 500 based on stats alone.

Now for the event item:

We cannot simply put a fixed cost (900 gold) to the item since we need to measure how much the bonus would also cost.

Let's assume that the chance of getting the first event token (diamond, credit card etc.) is 100% and decreases by 10% each time one token is found. By the time it reaches 9 tokens, the probability of getting the 10th token is then 10%. (Note: These figures are not accurately given by Funzio but rather just an assumption! Only fact we know is that the probability decreases per token obtained. Based on progress reports by forum members, the probability might actually be lower.)

Hence, the ASSUMED probability of getting all 10 tokens is:
100% x 90% x 80% x 70% x 60% x 50% x 40% x 30% x 20% x 10% = 0.036288%

This gives an ASSUMED multiplication factor of 100/0.036288% = 275573.1922

Since the cost of opening a event box is 15 gold, based on our assumed multiplication factor, the event items (unique items at 3, 5, 7, 9 & 10)+benefits should come up to 4,133,598 gold. That's 2755+ vaults of gold (over $200k even when purchased at 20% off).

As mentioned previously, the probability figures are just assumptions but based on collated reports thus far by our forum members, there are indications of the probability being lower especially around #8 and #9, hence the multiplication factor might even be higher.

It's simple enough to ask for the opportunity to buy the items and obtain the special benefits outright. But the prices people have brought up in the previous posts are either prices of a high stat equipment or the maximum of a vault of gold. Let's not pluck numbers out of thin air if we're serious about buying the event items.

Anyone willing to spend that much for a sure win?

Note: The cost stated above is for the entire group of event items (unique items at 3, 5, 7, 9 & 10). If there is a need to split them in order to measure the cost of just the 10th item + benefit, I believe one needs to measure the gold equivalent cost of the items at 3, 5, 7 and 9 and subtract them from the above cost (which is insignificant given the total cost).

mnju_03
05-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Nice info! :)

Dravak
05-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Think the events will return mnju , so people who missed it , probaly get another crack at it in a year time.
but with a improved version , since scaling of this game can go on for a long time .

That is my assumption .

mnju_03
05-02-2012, 03:36 AM
Think the events will return mnju , so people who missed it , probaly get another crack at it in a year time.
but with a improved version , since scaling of this game can go on for a long time .

That is my assumption .

That's also cool....

Max Power
05-02-2012, 04:43 AM
I was thinking I want guarantees in my gambling, so I should be able to buy my way to my desired result. Life should be fair and have no risk.

Heck, I think I would like to fork over $1000 and be declared king of this app. Game over. Done. I might even pay someone to play it for me. That would be awesome.

</sarcasm>

Plux
05-02-2012, 05:48 AM
2min spread 30 crates 900g use the countdown clock. 3mins didn't work for me, only, it did for others. 2mins should work.

mnju_03
05-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Interesting...