PDA

View Full Version : What's a better strategy for these events using gold

Daniel2115
04-30-2012, 01:20 PM
What's the best way to use ur gold during events?
Is it smarter to use 15 gold to skip the time And then use cash to open?
Or would it be better to wait out the clock and then use the gold for the 100% opening rate?

Iv got 75 gold so I don't really have enough to do both

Giedrius
04-30-2012, 01:42 PM
This event I used strategy to use gold for opening from nearly beggining. It was much cheaper then time resets. AppleMacGuy invented this strategy. Next event I probably start using gold openings then I reach 5 gems. First 5-7 normaly is prety easy, plus early on is hard to get "boxes".

Hank
04-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Or would it be better to wait out the clock and then use the gold for the 100% opening rate?

I got all the event end prizes except the first one, I would say never use gold to reset the timer unless there is only an hour left in the event and you absolutely HAVE to have the final item. Also, if you only have 75 gold, I wouldn't use it on this event. Chances are it will just get you a couple of slegehammers or colonels vests. It took me like 40 boxes to get from 9 to 10 paintings. Theres always the chance you could get lucky, but if your a lucky person, then you might as well use the cash option and save the gold

Robin Hood
04-30-2012, 01:58 PM

Buy a wedding chapel ... at least Funzio lets you known the odds of getting it. (100% btw)

Amber_
04-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah save your gold for sure. 75 gold won't get you anywhere in the events. Better buy a building or something!

<3 Hz
04-30-2012, 02:43 PM
There really is no strategy, it's totally random. Some have received the item by opening as few as 16 boxes, others (like me) have opened 100+ and have not got the item yet.

AppleMacGuy
04-30-2012, 03:27 PM
This event I used strategy to use gold for opening from nearly beggining. It was much cheaper then time resets. AppleMacGuy invented this strategy. Next event I probably start using gold openings then I reach 5 gems. First 5-7 normaly is prety easy, plus early on is hard to get "boxes".

Thanks for crediting me...just to mention that I originally started the discussion in this thread although it didn't really develop into anything useful unfortunately:

Discussing Strategies for Playing the Events (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?26522-Discussing-Strategies-for-Playing-the-Events&p=193399&viewfull=1#post193399)

i need muney
04-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Yeah save your gold for sure. 75 gold won't get you anywhere in the events. Better buy a building or something!
Got the +100 banana from 1 shot of tapjoy. So, yeah....

Sasha54
04-30-2012, 03:44 PM

I would save your gold for a building - you can get a wedding chapel for 75 and it wouldn't go far enough on the event so kind off a waste - IMO

Giedrius
04-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Girls you right, it's luck, but if you want to increase your chances and use gold you need to decide how to do it: wait until 8-9 then use it, wait until last hour then use it, use strategy 2 money openings - 2 gold and so on. For now it looks like smartest idea is use gold for openings not time reset, that means start using gold earlier and don't wait till last minute. This way you maximise gold profit. This event cost roughly 600 gold and I didn't stick to AMG strategy 100%, did few resets. I got item something like 3 days to go, so I wasted gold for time reset for no reason.