PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this?

crybaby
04-30-2012, 11:57 AM
So, I was thinking...60-80% of my income comes from robbing and attacking other hoods. So, wouldn't it be logical for me to leave my low lvl buildings in my hood where they are at and not upgrade them any more. Because honestly, when i get robbed....they get pretty much nothin lol 20 bux here 20 bux there...nowhere near what I'm getting when i go robbing. And when they come back for revenge after I've robbed them for a couple thousand, they get 20bux.....:p

dudeman
04-30-2012, 12:06 PM
You should aways be upgrading something. Use the upgrade resource as much as you can or it's just wasted time.

So you already get a lot of income from robbing, why would building your own income be a bad thing? Collect on time and you can't get robbed anyways.

You can also shift your focus to better buildings when they become available. I still have pawn shops and gun shops and a few other early buildings, but I don't touch them unless they have some money to give me. They were very useful to have and upgrade early on, but I can do better things now.

moparland
04-30-2012, 12:07 PM
I guess if thats how ur gonna make ur money then ya, when i rob i look for high lvl buildings or if they got lotta cash on hand

moparland
04-30-2012, 12:09 PM
i second what dude says also, cus eventually u gonna need ur own income to buy stuff, or u lvl too fast w/o having the right amount of good equipment

crybaby
04-30-2012, 12:12 PM
You should aways be upgrading something. Use the upgrade resource as much as you can or it's just wasted time.

So you already get a lot of income from robbing, why would building your own income be a bad thing? Collect on time and you can't get robbed anyways.

You can also shift your focus to better buildings when they become available. I still have pawn shops and gun shops and a few other early buildings, but I don't touch them unless they have some money to give me. They were very useful to have and upgrade early on, but I can do better things now. most of them collect at night time while I'm sleeping...I'm on east coast time in the states ad have noticed that my money buildings that collect at night time while I'm sleeping get blasted....can't stay awake 24/7. I make 100x more robbing then collecting...if I don't have them they can't rob them lol a hood full of defense buildings would not be a good idea?

nycpizzalover
04-30-2012, 12:13 PM
@crybaby

You could take it to extreme and just get rid of all of your buildings so that you don't have to worry about being robbed. That would be the ultimate frustration for the other player. Getting $20 from you would still give that robbed player some satisfaction.

moparland
04-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Cry, if ur worried bout that then just buy/upgrade 6-8-12-24 hr buildings and sync them to when u r awake. Also if u get ur defense up most ppl will lose to u. Add me and check out my hood. My 3 hr buildings hangout for at least 6 hrs when im sleepin but hasnt really got bothered. Mostly only ppl who can beat me at my lvl r peeps who buy gold, so if they want to use their real money to get my fake money im ok with it :)

dudeman
04-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Why do you have buildings to collect in your sleep? If you get robbed just let your buildings sit UNcollected until whatever time is convenient for your schedule.

If you don't want to be collecting from your house at 4am everyday, then collect from it at a time that isn't inconvenient, and then all you have to do is collect at the same time every day. This is called "synchronizing your hood". People who "synch" their hoods are more difficult to rob because it is easier for them to collect on time.

The majority of players in the higher levels play using the synched hood strategy, so you will most likely need to make some of your own cash by the time you get up to those levels. You can obviously still rob opponents, but it takes more time and effort.

Do whatever you want, but IMO you are working against yourself if you're not trying to upgrade your own money buildings. More income is always good.

Don't fall in love with defense buildings. They'll break your heart.

Maniaxe
04-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Also if you get the majority of your income from attacking/robbing your are going to be receiving more exp. and leveling faster. You are dependent on attacking/robbing as your income which makes you dependent on your stamina bar as well as a large amount of exp. This could put you at a disadvantage if you find yourself suddenly in a bracket with players who are playing at a slower pace and have better stats.

Everyone has different styles of playing, and I am sure someone could argue that more robs/attack results in more RP which buys the best non-gold weapons. I personally started like you with no regards to economy and just robbing/attacking then found I was outclassed and somewhat bored. I now prefer the medium pace crawl, I still rob but mainly attack for PvP goals but at a slower pace. Its also fun to grow your hood, I mean when that stamina bar is empty that's about all you can do,until it fills up. It adds a different aspect to the game IMO.

crybaby
04-30-2012, 12:22 PM
I guess if thats how ur gonna make ur money then ya, when i rob i look for high lvl buildings or if they got lotta cash on handthat's exactly the first thing I look for! And there stats to make sure I even have a shot...then bleed them dry, so to speak lol...and then when they come to my hood for revenge...there is no money on hand nor high money buildings except my warehouse that I try real hard to make sure I'm always on time to collect

nopenopenope
04-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Here's a side-fact to consider:

Matured economies will produce significantly higher return at a growing, exponential rate. The higher a building becomes, it is also mysteriously harder to rob by someone with like stats. In the land of level 10 NCs, you will be outearned, outspent, out-equipped, and thus will lose more attacks/robs.

Swifty
04-30-2012, 12:28 PM
@crybaby

There is a psychological warfare aspect to this. It really bugs some people if you rob them, and then they come to your hood to get revenge and you have no upgraded buildings to rob. You can get some very entertaining posts on your wall.

crybaby
04-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Also if you get the majority of your income from attacking/robbing your are going to be receiving more exp. and leveling faster. You are dependent on attacking/robbing as your income which makes you dependent on your stamina bar as well as a large amount of exp. This could put you at a disadvantage if you find yourself suddenly in a bracket with players who are playing at a slower pace and have better stats.

Everyone has different styles of playing, and I am sure someone could argue that more robs/attack results in more RP which buys the best non-gold weapons. I personally started like you with no regards to economy and just robbing/attacking then found I was outclassed and somewhat bored. I now prefer the medium pace crawl, I still rob but mainly attack for PvP goals but at a slower pace. Its also fun to grow your hood, I mean when that stamina bar is empty that's about all you can do,until it fills up. It adds a different aspect to the game IMO.I also do jobs and complete goals, my stamina is now around 25, and I don't find that it takes to awful long to replenish....don't get me wrong, my hood is not completely bare, I have it alil "hooked up" lol and I'm sure I'll buy some cooler stuff later on in the game. But I'm think in that at the moment.....its kinda funny that when they come back for revenge after beimg robbed for over 10k they get 20 bux...and yes I have been saving up my RP and recently splurged to buy NVB and they took theRP and didn't give me my NVB ...can you say anurism...OMG and it wasn't for just one pair either

crybaby
04-30-2012, 12:33 PM
@crybaby

You could take it to extreme and just get rid of all of your buildings so that you don't have to worry about being robbed. That would be the ultimate frustration for the other player. Getting $20 from you would still give that robbed player some satisfaction.lol have thought of that...nothing but defence buildings

crybaby
04-30-2012, 12:34 PM
@crybaby

There is a psychological warfare aspect to this. It really bugs some people if you rob them, and then they come to your hood to get revenge and you have no upgraded buildings to rob. You can get some very entertaining posts on your wall.oh yes good for at least a giggle or two a day lol

Maniaxe
04-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Here's a side-fact to consider:

Matured economies will produce significantly higher return at a growing, exponential rate. The higher a building becomes, it is also mysteriously harder to rob by someone with like stats. In the land of level 10 NCs, you will be outearned, outspent, out-equipped, and thus will lose more attacks/robs.
+1.........Hundred......Million......Gazillion.... ....Okay maybe not a gazillion.
Well said, I always forget about higher level buildings being harder to rob. I feel like such a fool when I go in for a robbery with similar stats, and get that big ole failure slap across the face.
I also have found its harder to find people to rob as I get higher up in levels. Players who keep playing more seriously become smarter and adapt better strategies as they progress.

Crybaby did you send in a ticket for the NVB? I am sure support can help with that.

crybaby
04-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Why do you have buildings to collect in your sleep? If you get robbed just let your buildings sit UNcollected until whatever time is convenient for your schedule.

If you don't want to be collecting from your house at 4am everyday, then collect from it at a time that isn't inconvenient, and then all you have to do is collect at the same time every day. This is called "synchronizing your hood". People who "synch" their hoods are more difficult to rob because it is easier for them to collect on time.

The majority of players in the higher levels play using the synched hood strategy, so you will most likely need to make some of your own cash by the time you get up to those levels. You can obviously still rob opponents, but it takes more time and effort.

Do whatever you want, but IMO you are working against yourself if you're not trying to upgrade your own money buildings. More income is always good.

Don't fall in love with defense buildings. They'll break your heart.Than you! I did not know this^^^^

Daniel2115
04-30-2012, 12:40 PM
You must not have a high income then cause I rob a million$ + about everyday and I cant keep up with my income.

crybaby
04-30-2012, 12:40 PM
+1.........Hundred......Million......Gazillion.... ....Okay maybe not a gazillion.
Well said, I always forget about higher level buildings being harder to rob. I feel like such a fool when I go in for a robbery with similar stats, and get that big ole failure slap across the face.
I also have found its harder to find people to rob as I get higher up in levels. Players who keep playing more seriously become smarter and adapt better strategies as they progress.

Crybaby did you send in a ticket for the NVB? I am sure support can help with that.yes I sent in a ticket after I picked myself up off the floor...lol

Paulio
04-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Crybaby, If you're focusing on robbing and doing map jobs, then you'll find yourself leveling up too quickly and it will become difficult to rob players in higher levels, as higher income = better weapons. I kept a similar strategy as you until level 50-something. After that I focused on my economy and now I'm in a much better position. It sucks getting robbed, but as a forum member once said, I think it was upsman, that 20% of something is better than 20% of nothing.

nopenopenope
04-30-2012, 12:57 PM
It sucks getting robbed, but as a forum member once said, I think it was upsman, that 20% of something is better than 20% of nothing.

40% =)

crybaby
04-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Crybaby, If you're focusing on robbing and doing map jobs, then you'll find yourself leveling up too quickly and it will become difficult to rob players in higher levels, as higher income = better weapons. I kept a similar strategy as you until level 50-something. After that I focused on my economy and now I'm in a much better position. It sucks getting robbed, but as a forum member once said, I think it was upsman, that 20% of something is better than 20% of nothing.OK so then for the time being on lvl36 about to lvl to 37...which since finding the forum, I have slowed down my leveling a bunch. I was leveling3-4/day. But for now..robbing and sync my buildings to get economy up. I do have a nice assortment of weapons/armor I think but understand that I need more to advance my game! Thank you guys so much for your opinions and input! Its greatly appreciated :D

moparland
04-30-2012, 02:48 PM
No problem. This forum is awesome. Such wealth of info, the vets really put some time into their research so check out the best of the best section if u havent already. I check it every couple days just to reread. Seems like if find new stuff each time

sexkitteh
04-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Just out of curiosity... has anyone ever done/seen someone ignore income properties and JUST build defensive buildings??

And I mean at a higher level of course... like lvl100+ with hundreds of defensive buildings

Paulio
04-30-2012, 02:54 PM
40% =)

Oops...40%

crybaby
04-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Just out of curiosity... has anyone ever done/seen someone ignore income properties and JUST build defensive buildings??

And I mean at a higher level of course... like lvl100+ with hundreds of defensive buildingssk, I have seen people on or around my lvl, with nothing but def buildings.....always with a buttload of cash but low total attack...I never touch them lol there total defense is usually through the roof

Synergy
04-30-2012, 03:22 PM
So, I was thinking...60-80% of my income comes from robbing and attacking other hoods. So, wouldn't it be logical for me to leave my low lvl buildings in my hood where they are at and not upgrade them any more. Because honestly, when i get robbed....they get pretty much nothin lol 20 bux here 20 bux there...nowhere near what I'm getting when i go robbing. And when they come back for revenge after I've robbed them for a couple thousand, they get 20bux.....:p

I haven't read this whole thread, but commenting on the OP, I'm going to say no it wouldnt be logical if you're trying to maximize your income. You can make WAY more from your own hood than you would ever be able to make by robbing and attacking. Even if I was robbed 100% of the time, I still probably wouldn't be able to make the 40% I'd be left with hourly from only attacking and robbing. If I do collect on time, I know there's no way I'd even be able to get close. Also, I've noticed that most HL players keep up with their collections a bit better than lower level players.

Maybe at lower levels you are able to, but I assure you if you start upgrading your money buildings now and continue, once you advance a little in the game there's no other source of $ that can compare.

Sasha54
04-30-2012, 03:56 PM

You know like others have said - you can play this game in so many different ways. I haven't been playing long but if I hadn't found the forum I don't think I would still be playing -- or if I was I would really suck at it....

To me - it's multi faceted - I like the robbing and TL but I also really like the purchasing of items and re-arranging my hood. I don't want a crappy looking hood so that involves going for the HL buildings rather than a bunch of pizza palours and laundromats - hey just like RL......lol

And I like the fact that you can be strategic - well I guess to a point until all hell breaks loose at lvl 142 or so!

If you want to invest time into the game my suggestion would be to go to the stickies about Best of the Best threads and do that research - if you haven't already.

And also White Frogs spreadsheet is very helpful.
But if you just want to play the game without going into all that - as long as you're enjoying it that's fine.