PDA

View Full Version : Cash option on crate takes double the cash amount

cwracing
04-29-2012, 10:30 PM
So I have been on 9 paintings for two days now and since getting my ninth about every third to fourth try after I hit the cash option and its thinking it will tell me it connot reach the server. But yet I close it out and can attack or rob with no problems or deposit funds in the bank. Wifi is still connected for everything except opening that box. When I go back to see if it will let me retry the timer is counting and it always takes the funds without giving a response of win or better luck next time but twice today it has taken double the cash.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Is Funzio making sure non gold players dont get that tenth painting?

Cloud4201
04-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Yes it is a conspiracy. Spend gold or lose.

cwracing
04-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Hahaha, then I guess I lose.
Im glad I just rob more for the cash used during events but it still seems like a waste when the game takes twice the amount, especially when I cant even see the result.

Nicholost
04-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Yes it is a conspiracy. Spend gold or lose.

Or... it's a timeout problem. The client (your game) doesn't receive a response from the server in the allotted time and displays the "Sorry, you failed, son" message. However, the server actually does complete the request, updates the database with your results (including your cash deduction), and when you reload the game, or if the game syncs, the client is corrected by the server.

As for the case where you are missing double what you should have been, I would attribute that to multiple server calls being made before the results of the first has been handed back to the client. How you did that, I don't know since the client is supposed to account for this and lock you out of the UI, but I suspect it is possible. I don't know if this is true, but in theory, the client could resend your first request to the server if timeout has been reached. Since the relationship is asynchronous, the server could have just received the first call and it is in-process when the second rolls in. That would give you the results you are seeing. Why would it do that? Because once the request has been sent to the server and it fails, the client cannot manually try again, so the software does it for you. Just throwing that out there as a possibility, but in reality, I have no clue if it's coded that way.

Ultimately, it sounds like the root of this issue is a poor internet connection.

Ghost818
04-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Or... it's a timeout problem. The client (your game) doesn't receive a response from the server in the allotted time and displays the "Sorry, you failed, son" message. However, the server actually does complete the request, updates the database with your results (including your cash deduction), and when you reload the game, or if the game syncs, the client is corrected by the server.

As for the case where you are missing double what you should have been, I would attribute that to multiple server calls being made before the results of the first has been handed back to the client. How you did that, I don't know since the client is supposed to account for this and lock you out of the UI, but I suspect it is possible. I don't know if this is true, but in theory, the client could resend your first request to the server if timeout has been reached. Since the relationship is asynchronous, the server could have just received the first call and it is in-process when the second rolls in. That would give you the results you are seeing. Why would it do that? Because once the request has been sent to the server and it fails, the client cannot manually try again, so the software does it for you. Just throwing that out there as a possibility, but in reality, I have no clue if it's coded that way.

Ultimately, it sounds like the root of this issue is a poor internet connection.

I was totally gonna say that but not sound as geeky as you, but thats fine, I like it when you sound geeky. ღ♥ღ

Nicholost
04-29-2012, 11:05 PM
I was totally gonna say that but not sound as geeky as you, but thats fine, I like it when you sound geeky. ღ♥ღ

I like it when you sound creepy. Check. :p

Ghost818
04-29-2012, 11:10 PM
I. like. it. when. you. sound. creepy.. Check. :p
Oh em gee. :blush: