PDA

View Full Version : Number of army, units and weapons brought to battle.. Non-obvious answer

Leonidas
04-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Hi, I know that the game is supposed to bring 3 units, 3 armor and 3 weapons to each fight per ally, however my total units used is far less than this.

I am level 11, have 21 allies, thus a unit cap of 66 which shows on my profile. In theory, if I have this right, I should be able to bring into every battle:

66 units
66 weapons
66 armor

Total = 198 units and items in my attacks.

Last attack I made on someone my level with alliance size of 22 (not that this should bare any relevance, just of extra note) I brought a total of 123 units and items. Opponent used about 138.

Previous battle against someone else stated 117 total units and items used by me.

Answer to obvious points:
Yes I have more than 66 attacking units to be used (interestingly, my attack force should be 1x executioner and 65x battering ram things. Other units seem to be listed in the battle review as well, except not with a number next to them (other lesser powerful units) e.g. illusionist.

I have more than 66 weapons, all of them with at least 1 unit of damage so should be usable

I have more than 66 armour equipment which have at least 1 unit of damage.. so should be usable.

Can someone please explain what's going on here and why not all of my units seem to be used.

Thanks

FisK
04-29-2012, 05:00 PM
I’m not a developer of this game.

First: I think KA has the same display bug as MW and CC where the battle overview do not show all the used items but only the first 45 or something like that.

But if KA works the same way as MW and CC then you can have 1000th of allies but only 5x your level of allies are helping in battle. You are nowhere near that limit so I don't think that is stopping you.

I think (but I’m not 100% sure) it uses the units/equipments with the highest Attack number then you are attacking/raiding. But then you are using the units/equipment with the highest defence number then defending.

They may have made it the same way as CC where each units/equipments attack and defence score are added together before the units/equipments are compared. (I’m not sure if it still works this way in CC, but at least it did sometime back) If this is the case then a Ballista (7/9 = 16) for example have a higher rank then a Battering Ram (8/1 = 9) even that it has a lower attack score.

Sorry but I'm a bit of a camper my self so I have not done that many battles to confirm anything

eternalfire
04-30-2012, 12:04 AM
Actually that is incorrect. I have more than sufficient amount of armor and weapons. Yet for some reason my army wouldn't register any armor less than 3 attack. I have scattered armor mostly between 9 and 3 attack. I noticed this "bug" because I'm not bringing as much stuff as I'm suppose to. So as a test I bought another armor 4 attack and welp... my attack increased and it showed up as being used in battle from 52 used to 53 o_O

Ghost818
04-30-2012, 02:12 AM
That # you see is the total of the 45 items you are using (add the #s next to each item of the 45). That is what it is "supposed" to be, but at the moment their calculations are incorrect. However you still get the full benefit of the things you use, just a visual bug which will be fixed soon as I have reported this to the devs.

Leonidas
04-30-2012, 03:34 AM
Yeah, I get that it only shows 45 as it would be fairly pointless to show every thing you bring, but it's the number at the top that specifies how much you use that is bugging me. An attack this morning used only 113, I haven't bought or added any units since last time so really don't see why this number should at all fluctuate? If I'm doing the attack as is stated on my profile then I don't really mind too much if it's just a visual bug in the battle review, however would like to know for sure

Ghost818
04-30-2012, 03:41 AM
I am going to say this again. That top # you see, is the total of the 45 items shown. You may have 5 of each then that # would be 225 but then if you got 1 better weapon than all of those. That number would go down by 4 because it replaced a slot in the 45 that was taken up by 5 of the same item. More clear now :)?

Leonidas
04-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Aahhh ok, apologies if I came across abrasive. Cheers, you give a lot of good advice and solutions on the forum. Keep it up :)