PDA

View Full Version : What lengths have you gone to in order to come up with money to buy GOLD? Lol

Swingle007
04-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Let's hear some stories from people who blew their grocery budget and ate ramen noodles every night for 3 weeks straight, people who traded in their children's Nintendo 3ds or Xbox system at GameStop to get iTunes cards, maxed out all your credit cards at the itunes store, pawned your wedding ring, etc....

I for one can admit to the GameStop trip. :-) Also, whenever I'm asked by anybody what I want for a gift at holidays it's always an iTunes card now because Funzio controls me. Lol

C'mon peeps, what have you done to become more powerful or competitive on this uber-addicting game? Gotta be somebody out there manwhoring right now Deuce Bigalow style to buy their next vault of gold. Lol

Jazz
04-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Nothing. I only spent Tapjoy gold and some gift cards that were given to me as, you know, gifts. No blowing my savings on this game...

I'm actually saving up for a MacBook Air right now. My parents are in the process of deciding whether I actually need one or not... Hehe. :)

Sasha54
04-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Nothing - I'm an adult with a really good job - one of the only benefits of being old ....
But I'm not that dumb that I would spend too much on a game....

Ohaithere
04-29-2012, 02:58 PM
I sold my body..... ;(

Actually that's a lie... I sold my sisters body... But hey now I have a gents club XD

Dravak
04-29-2012, 02:59 PM
LOL ok +1 ohaithere , makes me laugh :p

mdtacor
04-29-2012, 03:35 PM
I spent $190 at one time to get the Bank Buster. Was lucky too. Was at 8/10 and only needed to open 85 ATMs.

I've spent more on other hobbies though. I'm also a serious coin collector and bought a 1856 Flying Eagle penny in almost uncirculated condition for $11,000. Free shipping :D

Sasha54
04-29-2012, 03:42 PM
I spent $190 at one time to get the Bank Buster. Was lucky too. Was at 8/10 and only needed to open 85 ATMs.

I've spent more on other hobbies though. I'm also a serious coin collector and bought a 1856 Flying Eagle penny in almost uncirculated condition for $11,000. Free shipping :D

So what would that penny get if you were to sell it - or would you not do that. I guess it would just increase

Max Power
04-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Let's hear some stories from people who blew their grocery budget and ate ramen noodles every night for 3 weeks straight, people who traded in their children's Nintendo 3ds or Xbox system at GameStop to get iTunes cards, maxed out all your credit cards at the itunes store, pawned your wedding ring, etc....

I for one can admit to the GameStop trip. :-) Also, whenever I'm asked by anybody what I want for a gift at holidays it's always an iTunes card now because Funzio controls me. Lol

C'mon peeps, what have you done to become more powerful or competitive on this uber-addicting game? Gotta be somebody out there manwhoring right now Deuce Bigalow style to buy their next vault of gold. Lol

Nothing. Its disposable income.

I am kind of into ancients, myself.

mdtacor
04-29-2012, 03:46 PM
So what would that penny get if you were to sell it - or would you not do that. I guess it would just increase

Between 1000 and 2000 were made of the 1856 Flying Eagle. Less than that available now.
A standard penny has millions (sometimes billions) minted yearly.
The 1857 Flying Eagle penny (for example) had about 17 million made and that coin is roughly worth $15 in good condition.
The value will continue to increase until the world or the US goes kaput.

G Wiz
04-29-2012, 04:18 PM
To get my gold I simply work 9-5....or 11 to 4...or 10 to 3...Whichever I feel :) I haven't much patience for tapjoy man.

mnju_03
04-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Nothing - I'm an adult with a really good job - one of the only benefits of being old ....
But I'm not that dumb that I would spend too much on a game....

LOL! Yes...me too.

ICEMAN0023
04-29-2012, 05:57 PM

I for one can admit to the GameStop trip. :-) Also, whenever I'm asked by anybody what I want for a gift at holidays it's always an iTunes card now because Funzio controls me. LolP

So let me get this straight you Sold your Childerns 3DS or XBox to get ITunes cards at GameStop?

And you admit to this? I am really hoping that you are joking as I do not believe someone could stoop that low and then make light of it by asking others what they have done to acquire CC gold.

Maybe you are hoping that someone else has done something far worse to make yourself feel better?

Euchred
04-29-2012, 06:01 PM
I work saturdays pretty insane I know

Nudie
04-29-2012, 06:32 PM
I have good income but I'm thrifty and basically a cheapskate. Besides, if I spent a lot of $$$ and got a lot of gold the game would get really boring and stale really really fast.

Synergy
04-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Everybody's got their own hustle, wether it be a legit 9-5 or whatever. Personally using Shroomery and DMT-Nexus (do a google search) methods for supplemental income (and a good time) at the moment. That's my cc funding :)

Swingle007
04-29-2012, 09:11 PM
So let me get this straight you Sold your Childerns 3DS or XBox to get ITunes cards at GameStop?

And you admit to this? I am really hoping that you are joking as I do not believe someone could stoop that low and then make light of it by asking others what they have done to acquire CC gold.

Maybe you are hoping that someone else has done something far worse to make yourself feel better?

Don't get upset because you personally paid for half my buildings there Icey. ;-) Of course I've never taken stuff from a child to get crime city stuff. I have used GameStop to trade in my spare bedroom Xbox that never got any use though, and a bunch of games that were collecting dust. Made the most sense as I spend more hours on here then I ever did playing Xbox.

War Priest
04-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Haha, these are pretty funny stories.

I have 27,800 gold just sitting in Modern War, but don't want to tell that story. :)

duelblade
04-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Everybody's got their own hustle, wether it be a legit 9-5 or whatever. Personally using Shroomery and DMT-Nexus (do a google search) methods for supplemental income (and a good time) at the moment. That's my cc funding :)

wait, are you really a drug dealer? of just joking

also the worst I've done Is get my fuel tank on blinking light low and waited out the weekend till me next check came in to refill my tank....thats about it...

Ghost818
04-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Around $800 in Gift cards collecting dust in my drawers were spent
$50 gift card I won from an Arcade Game (Key Master) when i went bowling. Blew it on the Emerald Event with an additional $50 from my bank account.

another $800 or so from my bank account

Do I regret any of this? No. I am only 18 but I have a steady and good income, I still have money for going out, gas, insurance and more.

Nudie
04-29-2012, 10:33 PM
So I lied and misrepresented myself on the forum to get some pity and free gold.... wait, that wasn't me.

Ghost818
04-29-2012, 10:35 PM
wait, are you really a drug dealer? of just joking

also the worst I've done Is get my fuel tank on blinking light low and waited out the weekend till me next check came in to refill my tank....thats about it...

No drug dealer would ever admit it, let alone on the internet where everything can be tracked in a matter of seconds.

Nicholost
04-29-2012, 10:41 PM
I've considered letting Ohaithere manage and contract my services. Right now I'm just a sole proprietor and am not seeing the clientele nor revenue I had hoped to. Plus, I lack adequate protection from my sometimes volatile patrons. If anyone knows of a pimp with good connections and a light hand, PM me. I work for gold, baby.

Ghost818
04-29-2012, 10:43 PM
I've considered letting Ohaithere manage and contract my services. Right now I'm just a sole proprietor and am not seeing the clientele nor revenue I had hoped to. Plus, I lack adequate protection from my sometimes volatile patrons. If anyone knows of a pimp with good connections and a light hand, PM me. I work for gold, baby.

I got the connect, check your PMs minion.

Swingle007
04-29-2012, 11:21 PM
You See! Let the manwhoring for gold commence! Hahaha

Namenovn
04-30-2012, 12:30 AM
I play this game with my new iPad for only one month recently. I spent 1000 $ to buy gold and now I'm king of my level: atk 23200; def 20120; level 73. I rob every one, but my city is poor, only got 49000 $/h.

With the events, I win 2, one by cash only and one by gold.

I think put money in game is not bad. We kept the game live for every one. Any thing in this world need money to alive. That s all

procsyzarc
04-30-2012, 02:21 AM
I spent 3000 gold on fighting Irish in modern war (would have been a lot more but kept saying I had to contact iTunes for the transaction to work) so to justify it to myself that Friday I brought a bottle of johnny walker black label instead of blue label.......talk about sacrifices.

But seriously if buying gold means you are going without you probably shouldn't be buying it

mnju_03
04-30-2012, 02:40 AM

What's up? ;)

I spent 3000 gold on fighting Irish in modern war (would have been a lot more but kept saying I had to contact iTunes for the transaction to work) so to justify it to myself that Friday I brought a bottle of johnny walker black label instead of blue label.......talk about sacrifices.

But seriously if buying gold means you are going without you probably shouldn't be buying it

That's rough, I'd rather have jwb! :/

ICEMAN0023
04-30-2012, 03:05 AM
Don't get upset because you personally paid for half my buildings there Icey. ;-) Of course I've never taken stuff from a child to get crime city stuff. I have used GameStop to trade in my spare bedroom Xbox that never got any use though, and a bunch of games that were collecting dust. Made the most sense as I spend more hours on here then I ever did playing Xbox.

Don't ever remember seeing you on my rivals list but if I did help in your quest to better your economy then I am happy to help.Sometimes I go days without collecting consider it my own personal "Obama Care"!

If I misspoke concerning your Game Stop trips I only commented on what you postd.

Ghost818
04-30-2012, 03:18 AM

WOAH! black vs blue? that one sucks bro :/