PDA

View Full Version : A few questions from a new player

Ceridwin13
04-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Hi folks,

I've been playing KA for a week or two now and I have a couple of questions; I read through the beginners guides that I've found here and haven't seen any answers, so maybe you folks can help me out.

I think I understand about the benefit of having allies, but what I don't get is how I go about finding them. When I tap that button on my iPhone, it says "You don't have any members in your alliance yet. Go recruit some!" Well...where? Other than trolling for random numbers on these forums, is there some other way to recruit them? I feel weird just adding people I don't even know just to boost my numbers, and from what I've been reading it's not the best idea for someone at a relatively low level (10 at this point) to have tons of allies anyway because it makes you prey to players with a lot more strength than you. Is that right?

Also, where the heck do people get gems, other than buying them? I have yet to win a single gem from any monster I've defeated or building I've raided. Is paying for them the only way to get them or am I just not far enough along in the game yet?

Thanks in advance for your help!

~Ceridwin13

eternalfire
04-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Gem is only from purchases right now.

And you can get allies by sending an ally request or they send you one. You have to add the 9 digit number or vice versa.

Ceridwin13
04-30-2012, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the info about the gems; that was what I suspected. Guess I won't be getting many, then!

I understand how you would add an ally once you know their 9 digit number; I guess what I'm asking is where do people meet them? On forums like this one? I've seen threads where people post their numbers and say "Add me & I'll add you!" but is that it? I dunno, maybe I'm being too introverted but I feel weird adding a bunch of strangers.

omnus
04-30-2012, 06:58 AM
There is a sub-forum here where people list their codes, or some may have code in their signature.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?74-Add-Allies

Ghost818
04-30-2012, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the info about the gems; that was what I suspected. Guess I won't be getting many, then!

I understand how you would add an ally once you know their 9 digit number; I guess what I'm asking is where do people meet them? On forums like this one? I've seen threads where people post their numbers and say "Add me & I'll add you!" but is that it? I dunno, maybe I'm being too introverted but I feel weird adding a bunch of strangers.

That's how it works, don't worry there are no security issues, if they posted their code then they need the allies too.

I would suggest you post your code, and let people invite you, but then it would be up to you to decide how many of them you want to accept. In that case you wouldn't add anyone's code, they would add yours and you would see the request.

You can send me a request if you like, my code is in my signature :)