PDA

View Full Version : How much is your character worth?

617Pats
04-29-2012, 10:22 AM
So I was talking with my friend who is a pretty big dork because he is super addicted to World of Warcraft. Hes been playing for a few years now and trust me, a crime city addict is nothing compared to a WOW addict. Pays a monthly fee and spends moneey on expansions, graphics card, RAM, CPU fans, and pretty much anything for a computer. He has two characters each with over 150+ days logged and a ridiculous amount of equipment.

Anyways to get to the point, he was telling me that his cousin who he plays with sold his character for $4,000 US dollars. And that one of his characters is worth $8,000 and the other $9,500 if he ever wanted to sell them. ALl because of the experience and equipment he has obtained.

This got me to thinking, what is my CC character worth if I could transfer it to someone else. Ignoring if it is legal or even possible to do (im sure Funzio would not be to happy). I feel like it applies because people invest lots of time and real money. If people are going to spend real money on the game then why not buy someone elses character in which time and possibly money was invested. Same thinking as WOW characters.

So to pose an interesting question,

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR CHARACTER IS WORTH?

I am level 112,
# mafia:657
ATT:31,069
DEF:36,649
Income per hour:$190,731
Fights won:12,076
Fights lost:208
Robberies won:3597
Robberies lost:39
Distinct Features:Highly expanded hood (next expansion 10 mill), 1 Nightclub, 6 lvl 10 bodyguards, most of money buildings are high level 12,24,48hr for income collection, and I looted 290 M4A1s before nerfed.

I am probably not as impressive as others but I have not spend alot of money on gold ($16 rest free gold, tapjoy/survey). I feel I have done well for myself for where I am at. Also I have not gotten any of the grand prize event weapons (emarled burner, bank buster, etc..) but the majority of the weapons before the grand prize.

I would value my character personally at $250. I can imagine some people have spent far more then $250 on gold alone, but thats why I am posing this interesting question. To find out how much you worth.

mnju_03
04-29-2012, 10:31 AM
I can't put a price tag or a value on a virtual source of entertainment. Can you put such things on your time, interest, money? In an analytical sense, yes but, I find this to be a type of entertainment just like movies and TV are, just that.

The forums add a huge social aspect to it, I enjoy that a lot.

I'm not harping on you or your idea, I like it. Just how I see it for myself. :)

i need muney
04-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Selling for an ice cube!

617Pats
04-29-2012, 10:54 AM
I can't put a price tag or a value on a virtual source of entertainment. Can you put such things on your time, interest, money? In an analytical sense, yes but, I find this to be a type of entertainment just like movies and TV are, just that.

The forums add a huge social aspect to it, I enjoy that a lot.

I'm not harping on you or your idea, I like it. Just how I see it for myself. :)

I understand, agree, and respect your opinion. It is hard to quantify a value on a virtual character, I feel the poll results will give us a better idea of what the gaming society opinion is. I created this poll not only for intrigue but for fun. I am pretty excited to see what others views are. Thanks for commenting.

Ghost818
04-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Just the money I spent make this account almost worth 2K. Not including my stats, my status and my friends I have gained on here.

Dravak
04-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Worth more then ever could get back :p now who wants a 6 event pure pvp toon ?
Cause I feel like am trapped in a endless money pit , before I end up like xenoke .
muwhahhaa see am a realist ;)

<3 Hz
04-29-2012, 03:23 PM
About 2 cents, seriously.

QPR
04-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Interesting thread as it goes. Not sure guesstimates please !!! ???

Level 102 attack 8566 defence 13500, income 39k phr

617Pats
04-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Interesting thread as it goes. Not sure guesstimates please !!! ???

Level 102 attack 8566 defence 13500, income 39k phr

You my friend might have to pay someone to take your character. lol

Synergy
04-29-2012, 06:38 PM
I've played another game where accounts were regularly sold back and forth. Granted, that game has much more interactive in game player communication and players communicated regularly outside the game through chat rooms rather than a forum. You can't base how much an account is worth by how much money you have put into it. I mean of course that's where you start, but just know that you will probably never get near what you've put into it $ wise if you've got a pretty nice setup. I mean if you've gotten disinterested and just want to get something for it, I've sold accounts in another game for as cheap as $250 and as much as $1100.

Not sure what my current account would be worth. I'd have to do some calculations. Either way, it doesn't matter because I'm not interested in selling at the moment.

Synergy
04-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Just the money I spent make this account almost worth 2K. Not including my stats, my status and my friends I have gained on here.

Yeah all of those factors generally play a role. However when someone is looking to sell, they're usually either buying a better account or have become disinterested and just want to get what they can for it. Most of us, with as much as we're still into it, wouldn't even think about selling now. Maybe if you had a second account you were getting sick of maintaining? I dunno.

Nudie
04-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Can't sell my character, I enjoy my heart shape boxers too much.

Brosiss
04-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Cant put a price on continous time and effort spent.