PDA

View Full Version : How do I restart the game?

AmonAmarth
04-29-2012, 08:33 AM
I screwed up when making my characte, how do I restart? I've tried deleting and re-installing.

schlumpf
04-29-2012, 09:20 AM
How did you screw up? Usually to reset you would need to ask support, unless you have a second ios device.

enahs1
04-29-2012, 09:22 AM
You can just edit the character...

AmonAmarth
04-29-2012, 09:41 AM
I mucked up the name and then rushed through the tutorial so I could get to the options menu, thinking there would be an option to reset. So now I have a crap name and No idea what to do.

I don't have another ios device.

enahs1
04-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Send funzio an email and say, can I change my name and say what name you want

FisK
04-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Another option is a little misuse of the games transfer function.
Go to Menu -> "More" -> "Funzio ID" and tell the game to transfer your game to another device then your game will be deleted on your current device even if it is never downloaded on a new device and you can start from the beginning again.
The downside with this method is that I don't think you will be able to transfer your new game before the old one have been downloaded some where else.

... when I think about it. Contacting support may be the best option in the long run.

Daruke373
05-05-2012, 07:18 PM
How do I delete charecter or how to get mail account
T

superdad
05-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Ghost has a step by step guide to resetting the game in his begginners guide that is stickied at the top of these forums.

FisK
05-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Link to Ghost guide (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?27020-Instructions-On-How-To-Reset-Game):
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?27020-Instructions-On-How-To-Reset-Game

Futon
05-05-2012, 08:51 PM
I put in a support ticket and they told me they can't reset it. :(

Freekizh
05-05-2012, 09:25 PM

Why do you wanna reset the game bud? Its a waste of time unless you wanna try to keep "clean" stats. But that's a waste of time too because when you get to level 40-50, your gonna get smashed anyway.

There is no mistake that a little bit of camping and TLC on your base that wont fix your problem.

Vile Lynn
05-05-2012, 10:31 PM

I think IF you can find any old device (or new), one that you can transfer your game onto & forget about it. IOWs, after the transfer, delete the app & no one will ever want to play KA on that device, THEN you can start another game on the device you use because the first game will have been transferred off of your device onto another. (I hope that made sense.) I think this is the closest thing to a reset as one can get.

You don't have to delete the app. Once you have transferred your first game, you have to start the tutorial over again... Just like with a "new" game.

(The only problem is IF someone decides to download KA, they will have to use your old game unless they have the password & can transfer it again... )

FisK
05-05-2012, 11:12 PM
The way that I reset my MW game on my work iPhone was to till the game to transfer my game to a now device without downloading it again:

1) You go to Menu >>
2) More >>
3) Funzio ID >>
4) Transfer Game >>
5) Make An Account (Funzio ID, Email, Password) >>
6) Log In >>
7) Click "Tranfer"
8) Close App
9) You will start with the tutorial again then you start the app again.

Note: You may not be able to transfer your new game before the old one has been downloaded somewhere else.

This works because a game has to be unregistered from one device before it can be re-registered to a new device since a game can not be registered to too devices at the same time.

Actually I was not trying to reset the game than I discovered this. We was upgrading our work phone to the new iPhone 4S, so I wonted to be sure I still have my game then I got the new phone. So I did the part of the transfer I have to do on the old device before I even had received the new phone.
I started the MW app again of habit afterwards and I was back at the tutorial again. And I hadn't even gotten the new phone yet. So even that the old game was not downloaded anywhere yet, it was un-registered form the old device.

Ghost818
05-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Please note, if you do the transferring method will lose all your gems if you have purchased any.