PDA

View Full Version : What Is A Good Hourly Income?

Hava Gess
04-28-2012, 08:42 AM
Hi, I'm kind of new to the game, only been playing 4 days. I was just wondering what people think is a good hourly income? I'm at level 18 at the moment sitting on an hourly income of 1214 gold. I'm trying to increase that as much as possible now, and have stopped doing the quests and such so I don't level up. Which will allow me to save a little more. What are everyones thoughts on just consentrating on increasing hourly income for a week or so to make purchasing items easier.

NeonBlue
04-28-2012, 09:18 AM
You'll likely hear a lot of different answers to that question, Hava, but I'd say it's best to do what makes the game fun for you! :) I'm a "camper," meaning I'm leveling slowly, precisely so that I can raise my hourly. That's because for me, it's fun to be able to afford to buy anything I want.

I'm at level 12 with 1500/hour, and I want to get to 2000/hour before I go on a serious PvP run. That will let me equip my army with some very nice weapons and armor.

So my thoughts are, what you are considering is a great idea! But it's also completely valid to make do with less money and pursue PvE, PvP, or whatever draws you to the game.

Sorry, I don't mean to give a non-answer, but rather to validate your ideas. And whatever you try, please report back on how it's working out for you!

Vile Lynn
04-28-2012, 09:18 AM
I think that is a pretty good income for your level. Just make sure to upgrade your vault... Mine keeps getting too full & it has been constantly upgrading. I'm at lvl11 w/ an income of about 800; just started too.

I like how you did your signature, might have to copy you :)

TemplarX
04-28-2012, 11:42 AM
I am at level 12, income $1200/h. Been playing for 5 days, and my thoughts are:
(a) income in KA does not seem as important as in CC because you get v good unit drops from attacking peers... Even with a strong income, you won't be able to replace units as powerful as those you get from pvp drops until much later in the game. A berseker for example, is available only after you build a level 9 barracks. Similarly, items from quest drops are frequent and attractive. Essentially, it seems u can build a well-equipped powerful army just doing quest and pvp, without having a strong economy. Just my initial thoughts.
(b) income per hour may not be a useful matrix if you are not a high touch frequent login player. Someone building an economy based on 12/24/48 hour buildings may have low income/h but will not be worse off than someone relying on a fully upgraded cottage if he does not collect frequently enough. Depends on your style.
(c). Robbing buildings in KA seems like a waste of time and stamina. Rewards are poor compared to quests and pvp. I won't be looking to build defense structures. The flip side of this is that any economic buildings should be upgraded and not left at level 1. The main source of coins shd come from economy and not robberies. Save stamina for pvp attacks.
Welcome comments and thoughts.

eternalfire
04-28-2012, 12:47 PM
o_O lvl 18 with 800-1000 stats? must be a gem buyer :(

anything over 1k at lvl 18 is pretty much top 10%

TemplarX
04-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Not really, it's easy to get to 1000 by level 18. In fact, it should be closer to 4000 to be considered an elite non-gem player. Veterans pls correct me if I am mistaken on this point.

eternalfire
04-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Not really, it's easy to get to 1000 by level 18. In fact, it should be closer to 4000 to be considered an elite non-gem player. Veterans pls correct me if I am mistaken on this point.

Actually, I haven't asked his alliance size, that would explain it :P I was comparing it to myself where I haven't seen anyone with better stats at my level without gold units yet (assuming same unit size ofc). lvl 17 with 250-24 battle rec :D

Everson25
04-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Well, I can consider myself quite new around here. My incoming is 1274 per hour level 9, A710/D740. It's ok at the moment. But I always like to visit some of my allies to compare and see how I'm doing so far. One of my allies is over 4000 per hour. I still have a lot to do before I get there.

Everson25
04-28-2012, 02:21 PM
She is level 50, gold player.

Everson25
04-28-2012, 02:30 PM
It's an impressive base with impressive stats and even with that she lost 55 fights already. It makes me wonder how strong are other players.

Everson25
04-28-2012, 02:40 PM
What are her stats? Over 25k? A22.8k/D22.7k but if I'm not wrong she has just 250 allies.

Vile Lynn
04-28-2012, 02:53 PM
I am at level 12, income $1200/h. Been playing for 5 days, and my thoughts are:
(a) income in KA does not seem as important as in CC because you get v good unit drops from attacking peers... Even with a strong income, you won't be able to replace units as powerful as those you get from pvp drops until much later in the game. A berseker for example, is available only after you build a level 9 barracks. Similarly, items from quest drops are frequent and attractive. Essentially, it seems u can build a well-equipped powerful army just doing quest and pvp, without having a strong economy. Just my initial thoughts.
(b) income per hour may not be a useful matrix if you are not a high touch frequent login player. Someone building an economy based on 12/24/48 hour buildings may have low income/h but will not be worse off than someone relying on a fully upgraded cottage if he does not collect frequently enough. Depends on your style.
(c). Robbing buildings in KA seems like a waste of time and stamina. Rewards are poor compared to quests and pvp. I won't be looking to build defense structures. The flip side of this is that any economic buildings should be upgraded and not left at level 1. The main source of coins shd come from economy and not robberies. Save stamina for pvp attacks.
Welcome comments and thoughts.

Extremely well said!
Regarding (a): I just lost a berserker (bummer!) & you explained that perfectly. It is going to take some time to upgrade to that level. PvP is the only way to get those for now & they are good!
...(b): As a frequent, day-long player, I noticed the low payouts for the 12/24/48 hr buildings. Seemed better for me to upgrade what I have; totally agree with you. I'll wait for the other 12/24/48 hr buildings.
...(c): After finishing a raid goal, the coins I banked were hardly worth it. I won't be raiding much unless it is for a goal. I make more coins from collecting 2xlvl4 cottages every 5 mins. Best, like you said, to save stamina for PVP.

Currently I'm lvl 11, 5th day of play, 737att-1020def, $1099/hr income.

eternalfire
04-28-2012, 03:24 PM
I just have someone attack me, fail and gave me 300 gold O___O i posted a thank you on his wall but no reply :/

im at 1.1k/hr 3rd day of play :D been upgrading nonstop =o how do people get 2k lol

Vile Lynn
04-28-2012, 04:43 PM
I just have someone attack me, fail and gave me 300 gold O___O i posted a thank you on his wall but no reply :/

im at 1.1k/hr 3rd day of play :D been upgrading nonstop =o how do people get 2k lol

Ummm... Did you mean gold coins? Not gold, right?

Sounds like a cheater that should be reported... It was a problem in CC, see thread... Maybe they are testing the cheat in KA.
In CC, I fell for it, too, and thanked the cheater before I knew what they were up to.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24589-Guys-don-t-do-it.-Seriously.

eternalfire
04-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Ummm... Did you mean gold coins? Not gold, right?

Sounds like a cheater that should be reported... It was a problem in CC, see thread... Maybe they are testing the cheat in KA.
In CC, I fell for it, too, and thanked the cheater before I knew what they were up to.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24589-Guys-don-t-do-it.-Seriously.

Not sure what that is. I have plenty of people attacking me when I float 4k gold. Most of them fail and around half of them lose gold to me when they fail attack. Just this one guy gave me the most... If thats an exploit then ill report it

MaverickMunkey
04-28-2012, 06:08 PM

This doesn't sound like cheating - just someone who decided to attack with alot of Un-Vaulted gold and paid the price for their stupidity.

I have done the same previously by winning a load in PvP, forgeting to vault it and giving it straight back!

Hava Gess
04-28-2012, 08:37 PM

Hey, no I'm not a gem buyer, and I don't intend on buying any. There are lots of players with way better stats than me. You also asked about my alliance size? It's sitting on 84 at the moment, I still need to buy heaps more units weapons and armour to reach capacity. As for upgrading my vault, it's upgrading to a 3,300 capacity at the moment. Also with the upgrading of money buildings, I've been upgrading the most frequent paying buildings first, but while they are upgrading I'll have another money building under construction. I've found that works best for what I'm doing. Buying more land, I've just been getting that when I need more room.

eternalfire
04-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Hey, no I'm not a gem buyer, and I don't intend on buying any. There are lots of players with way better stats than me. You also asked about my alliance size? It's sitting on 84 at the moment, I still need to buy heaps more units weapons and armour to reach capacity. As for upgrading my vault, it's upgrading to a 3,300 capacity at the moment. Also with the upgrading of money buildings, I've been upgrading the most frequent paying buildings first, but while they are upgrading I'll have another money building under construction. I've found that works best for what I'm doing. Buying more land, I've just been getting that when I need more room.

Yeah for some reason I was thinking you only had 5 (like myself) :P

Prankster
04-29-2012, 06:29 AM
its my 9th day of play and my stats as follows;

Level 7
Alliance Members: 3
Hourly Income (1451) - Attack (142) - Defence (168)
Battles W: 98 L:13

i went into the game luckily once it was released and after playing with MW & CC thought i'd go into the game quickly and build up defenses & money. at the same time i was hoping people wouldn't attack me but got 13 people so i was accepting a total of 15 when starting off.

I've managed to get my defense buildings, some upgraded money buildings at the start to quickly build up income and to buy units. now that I have a good defensive line, i'm upgrading the silo's so that I can just log into the game every morning instead of every 30 mins lol so I can keep bringing in the money and at the same time, fend off attacks and so far no-one has been able to break through so hopefully i'm doing alright this time around and learnt some lessons from MW & CC :)