PDA

View Full Version : Noobie questions

Feng1234
04-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Hi all. Just some really niobish q's...

1) the starting off mafia member is just one, this is me only isn't it?

2) when I attack, does it only use the weapons with the strongest attack and weakest defense? Likewise, when I get attacked, does my character use only the weapons with the strongest defense and weakest attack? Just curious..

3) when I add a mafia member, do they have to accept first or are they automatically added to my guild?

4) what does the loot tab represent? Is it just for my info or does it serve some purpose?

Thanks

jinqs
04-28-2012, 08:33 AM
1) Yes.
2) That's right. Any time you attack, each of your mafia uses the guns, melee, armor, explosive and car with the best attack you have. 1 of each item per mafia. Any time you defend, same deal except they use the best defense.
3) They have to accept. The only way to instantly boost your numbers is to stock pile requests. Go spread your mafia code around and don't accept the requests. Then when you want to increase your numbers really quickly, you just accept a whole bunch.
4) The loot tab is all the equipment that you didn't buy. This includes random drops from missions/pvp, rewards from goals, rewards from events, etc.

Feng1234
04-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Thanks jinqs. So when I am attacked, does it use weapons With the strongest Defense and weakest attack? Jus interested in the algorithm

As for the loot tab, so it doesn't do anything else does it?

jinqs
04-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Thanks jinqs. So when I am attacked, does it use weapons With the strongest Defense and weakest attack? Jus interested in the algorithm

When you defend attack doesn't matter at all. It uses items with the strongest defence. Attack doesn't even enter the equation. The loot tab does nothing else.

iteachem
04-28-2012, 08:55 AM

Not necessarily weakest attack, but when attacked the algorithm uses your best total defensive weapons per mafia member. It maximizes your stats based on the situation so you are always using your strongest defense.

Loot tab will show weapons accumulated throughout the game that are not purchased (ie won in robberies or PVP)

Feng1234
04-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks all for the quick responses. Just a few more..

I'm level 3 now so I can bring 15 mafia members to each battle. Does this 15 really mean 14 plus myself?

Also I have to manually collect income every time from my buildings before it starts generating again don't I?

If you're wondering why all these basic questions, just like to get to the bottom of each small stuff so I can moved up smoothly :)

iteachem
04-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Hey Feng.. one thing I have begun using when buying weapons etc is a spreadsheet made by white frog called the all in one spreadsheet and guide. It allows you to put in everything you own, all weapons, all buildings etc.

I use this to preview purchase to determine how a purchase will change my attack/defense. It helps a lot when you have a ton of weapons and are trying to maximize your purchases to best spend your money.

Its a little daunting at first but an awesome resource..

Here is the link

http://code.google.com/p/ccspreadsheet/downloads/list

jinqs
04-28-2012, 09:05 AM

I'm level 3 now so I can bring 15 mafia members to each battle. Does this 15 really mean 14 plus myself?

If you're wondering why all these basic questions, just like to get to the bottom of each small stuff so I can moved up smoothly :)
Number of mafia is literally based off the stat on your profile. Technically, yes, it means you plus 14 friends (and later on you will get "henchmen" too which raise the base state without friends). Regardless of all these variables, you can always check how many mafia you currently have on your profile and it will take all these things into account for you.

iteachem
04-28-2012, 09:08 AM

14 plus you...

Also don't add too many mafia too fast. Better to be stronger with less mafia. If at level 3 you only have like one mafia member added, most players won't see you minimizing attacks. Example at level 78 I have 266 mafia. I can only see up to players at my level with about 300. This means that although I am not bringing all of my weapons into a fight I am only bringing in my best 266 and I tend to be stronger than most because I have outfitted these 266 pretty well.

There is a thread around here called the bracketing hypothesis that explains how who you see is determined.

Feng1234
04-28-2012, 09:11 AM
Cool thanks and as for income, I think I gotta manually collect it each time don't I or I won't get it? I don't suppose there's any way for it to be collected auto when the times up?

jinqs
04-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Cool thanks and as for income, I think I gotta manually collect it each time don't I or I won't get it? I don't suppose there's any way for it to be collected auto when the times up?
You have to be online to collect it. It will sit there and wait for you, but until you collect it, it doesn't start generating more (so you're losing income)... plus, it's sitting there for someone to rob it.

iteachem
04-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Nope, but focusing on syncing your buildings helps. I have all of my 12/24/48 hour buildings pretty close to the same collection times to minimize the amount of collecting and avoiding robberies from others

Feng1234
04-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Perfect answers people, mucho appreciated. Now onto reading all those guides... Thanks again! For now hehe