PDA

View Full Version : Funzio - Please release some more crates

The Billionaire
04-28-2012, 06:39 AM
So, with the first Epic Monster Event currently going on i thought i'd post a thread with everything i know about these events to help those who are new to Gree games. A lot of the below is solid information although a couple of bits might need tweeking over the next couple of events.

What We Know So Far...

Do not start the monster event until the goal has appeared in your "Goals" list. Any monster levels completed before the goal has appeared in your "Goals" list won't count towards winning the grand prize.

The monster events have a number of different tiers. However i'm guessing it's going to take a couple of events to work these out but below is the tier layout for Crime City boss events so it could well be similar.

Tier 1 - Levels 1 to 25
Tier 2 - Levels 26 to 50
Tier 3 - Levels 51 to 75
Tier 4 - Levels 76 to 100
Tier 5 - Levels 101 to 200

The prizes and the number of points needed to beat each monster is different for the above tiers. They increase as you move up through the tiers.

The Grand Prize is the same for all tiers.

Don't level up into the next tier if a monster event is close to starting because the points needed to beat each monster increases dramatically.

You have 3 different options when attacking a monster. See the "How It Works" section.

When your health is full you have 100 health points. Once you've attacked the monster your health regenerates at 1 point per minute.

When you attack the monster you use 25 of your health points or if you've got less than 25 health points then it takes whatever you have left. However, you don't lose any health during the final attack which kills the monster. So if you have 26 health when you kill the monster you only need to wait 74 minutes for your health to reach 100% again. This can be very beneficial for planning when you can next attack the monster with full health.

Everytime you defeat a monster you are awarded XP, Gold and a Monster (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Super Rare & Legendary).

Monster events use your attack skill points, your level and your profile attack score. See the "How It Works" section.

Buying a Professor's Elixir (10 Gems) refills your health. See the "Professor's Elixir" section.

Each monster level has 'X' amount of points needed to defeat the monster. The health of the monster does not increase whilst you are waiting to launch your next attack.

You can attack a monster 13 times for free. See "The Strategy" section.

How It Works

When you attack the monster it uses your "Profile Attack Stat" + your "Attack Skill Points" + your "level". Shown below is an example using my stats:

Profile Attack Stat (2116) + Attack Skill Points (10) + Level (8) = Your Attack score against the monster using the "Force" attack option (2133).

The above, is the calculation for selecting "Force Attack" when fighting a monster. The other two options are shown below:

Free Attack (Totally Free) - Uses the value from the above equation divided by 3 times by 2 and added to your level.
Mega Attack (20 Gems) - Uses the above equation multiplied by 4

You trigger the epic monster by doing a quest, fighting or raiding a rival trainer. The fight screen will appear and give you 3 fight options:

Free Attack (Free)
Force Attack (Gold)
Mega Attack (Gems)

When you attack the monster you use 25 of your health points or if you've got less than 25 health points then it takes whatever you have left. This is why it's vital that you wait 26 minutes before launching another attack because it enables you to hit him twice with only 26 health points.

Each monster level has a score which determines the number of points needed to beat each monster. This score increases as each monster level is completed. The scores are different for each of the 5 monster tiers.

The Strategy

It's possible to hit a monster 13 times for free. This is how it's done.

When you have full health trigger the monster. When the fight screen appears attack the monster 3 times using the "Force Attack" option. Wait one minute so that your health increases by one and then you'll be able to attack him 2 more times.

Wait 26 minutes and then you can attack the monster 2 more times.

Using the above strategy will tell you how many monster levels you can complete for free.

NOTE:- If you leave the monster fight screen with less than 25 health points it won't let you back in until you have 25 health points. Always make sure you enough gold on hand before fighting the monster.

Professor's Elixir

Once you reach the monster level where it's no longer possible to beat him with the 13 "Gold" hits you might need to start purchasing the Professor's Elixir (10 Gems).

The Elixir refills your health back to 100 which will allow you to hit the monster 5 more times if you hit him 3 times and then wait 1 minute and then hit him 2 more times.

Using this strategy means Elixir's are a better way of spending gems rather than mega attacks. A mega attack (20 Gems) is your attack score multiplied by 4 so in theory it's the equivilent of 4 hits against the monster. Using the above strategy means you can hit the monster 5 times rather than 4.

Monster Health

Each monster needs 'X' amount of points to be beaten. The points needed are different for each of the 5 tiers. The points needed to beat the monster increase as each monster level is completed.

I've reserved the next couple of posts so that once i've collected enough data from these events i can give you guys a table showing how many points will be needed to complete each monster level.

Conclusion

Monster events are awesome for strong players at the lower levels.

The "26 Minute" strategy must be used to hit the monster a maximum of 13 times for free.

Spending gems on Elixir's is much more beneficial than spending gems on Mega Attacks.

My work here is done........for now

AppleMacGuy
04-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Next week perhaps it might happen once this event is done?

doinkent
04-28-2012, 07:34 AM
i think they usually last 1.5-2 weeks so when the limited edition weapons change i think the crates will change with them