PDA

View Full Version : What's a camper?

Abbo
04-28-2012, 04:44 AM
New to the forum and keep seeing references to campers vs cheaters. Thanks

Bala82
04-28-2012, 04:45 AM
Campers are people level up very slowly so they try not to get any experience so in this game a camper would someone who just collect money from buildings and nothing else

Abbo
04-28-2012, 04:53 AM
Ok thanks, don't see any point to that but I'm used to that feeling

Bala82
04-28-2012, 05:03 AM
Well it depend on type of person some campers want purchase big ticket items like Movie theatre which unlock at 50 Mafia meaning that no matter what level you are you can get it once you get 50 Mafia members.

Personally i started off as a camper and now that i have got what i wanted i am following Game Goals.

CSxImperator
04-28-2012, 05:12 AM
A Camper is a Low lvl, with a ****load of Defense. They hope to get attacked in the low lvls of ppl with some Money.
Of that money they build up a really great economy. I've seen ppl at lvl 16-17 with 3k Defense. And Millions of cash they carryin around.

jaywalker
04-28-2012, 05:16 AM
There is a difference between a camper and a slow crawler.

A slow crawler does what bala said, a camper is.. Camping. Not leveling at all

Burn
04-28-2012, 05:25 AM
Staying in one place for too long can make you itchy.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01468/SNF11SANDY_532_1468266a.jpg

Hank
04-28-2012, 05:31 AM
[QUOTE=CSxImperator;193529]Of that money they build up a really great economy. QUOTE]

Thats debatable, I have never seen a low level camper with a great income/hr. The only good buildings they have access to are lofts and movie theatres. Those can only take you so far. If you camp for a really long time you can get a night club. But if you want a great economy in a reasonable amount of time its best grow your economy while leveling up so that you can have access to the other high income buildings. Also, campers miss out on huge amounts of money from robberies and jobs that could go into growing their hood further. But for some reason choose not to

white frog
04-28-2012, 05:41 AM
[QUOTE=CSxImperator;193529]Of that money they build up a really great economy. QUOTE]

Thats debatable, I have never seen a low level camper with a great income/hr. The only good buildings they have access to are lofts and movie theatres. Those can only take you so far. If you camp for a really long time you can get a night club. But if you want a great economy in a reasonable amount of time its best grow your economy while leveling up so that you can have access to the other high income buildings. Also, campers miss out on huge amounts of money from robberies and jobs that could go into growing their hood further. But for some reason choose not to
A "great" income/hr is completely different from a competitive, or astonishing, income/hr based on one's level. The point of having the latter is to be the best player at any given level. If you are an average player, you can definitely have a greater income gain than a camper, but you're going to get crushed at every level you rise to, probably by someone who camped for quite a while.
It's not about being the best at any level... but at your own level!
As far as "never seen a low level camper with a great income/hr," I think I've accomplished that. From the majority of those in my mob, I have a greater economy at level 41 than 90% of those over 140. But like I said, it's all about the current level that one is at!

Hank
04-28-2012, 05:49 AM
I disagree that level should be considered when determining if someone has an impressive economy or not. If you camp for months you are obviously going to have more money and upgraded buildings than others at you level. Its because the people you are comparing yourself to probably just started like 2 weeks ago (or less). My point was that its a very inefficient way to play if your goal is to have a great ecomony/hood. Leveling provides many more resources. Everyone is welcome to play the way they want. I just look at it differently. I think if you compared the ecomonmy of yourself with someone who started at about the same time as you, who has also been focused on their ecomony AND has been leveling at the whole time. You would find that your hood is way behind.

Burn
04-28-2012, 05:53 AM
OK seriously, I would only recommend camping to those with bundles of patience and self control.

Non-commital half-arsed camping is a waste of time.

I have never ever camped, I level up ASAP, and focused on gaining as much Att and Def as I could, through farming and fighting initially, then through Thug Life.

By getting up to higher levels my economy is then looked after by robbing, and by buying higher level buildings that make many of the early buildings completely redundant, even those that have been maxed.

If you have the ability to camp, or slow crawl properly, there is some merit, and you could own high level Movie Theatres and Lofts, as well as Nightclubs and Hotels, well before you get to the high levels. Most will fail, get bored, lose interest, and quit. It is a strategy that requires a compatible personality.

And even with a boss economy, when you do get to where the big boys live, you will get all busted up anyway. Your riches will make you a target. A big target.

Plus, most 'amateur campers' I have seen have garbage Att and Defense stats - only the most outstanding of economies can subsequently rectify that. Plux is one example of such a player. Emcee and White Frog may join him one day. You are not them. You probably can not be them. You are a mortal.

Joeycool
04-28-2012, 07:13 AM
The problem with camping, in my opinion, is that you can only increase your economy by doing so. Therefore all you gain is a better in game cash income.

Unfortunately in game cash is the most worthless commodity in crime city... for me it is not worth spending all my effort increasing it.

I also find camping impossibly boring.

Max Power
04-28-2012, 07:19 AM
You have to keep in mind that many if not most campers are 2nd accounts for people who have an active game going. My camper is a diversion from my main game. I will spend money on the main, no money on the camper. It's just something different to do. In that case, it's not boring at all.

kaz
04-28-2012, 07:21 AM
The problem with camping, in my opinion, is that you can only increase your economy by doing so. Therefore all you gain is a better in game cash income.

Unfortunately in game cash is the most worthless commodity in crime city... for me it is not worth spending all my effort increasing it.
I also find camping impossibly boring.

Probably most of the people would say you right, but from my point of view I treat my income per hour like I treat my attack and defense power.
When I’ll reach higher level I want to be the strongest I can be, but I also want kickass economy.
It’s all about playing style.

Mr BigBenga
04-28-2012, 07:25 AM
I will probably camp(crawling actually) when i finish all the Tl goals.

TL goals are prob one of the most important missions in the game.

Joeycool
04-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Probably most of the people would say you right, but from my point of view I treat my income per hour like I treat my attack and defense power.
When I’ll reach higher level I want to be the strongest I can be, but I also want kickass economy.
It’s all about playing style.

What level are you Kaz?

Once you get into the higher levels having a good income will not help you as much as one may think.

Most in game cash weapons would add nothing at all to my stats.

Example - lamborghini, vehicle, 19/13 cost - £23mil. Would increase nothing.
helicopter - vehicle, 20/20 cost $35M - would give me an increase of 5 defence only.

Defence explosives - not worth buying because once you pass lvl 100 they get wiped out too quickly

Attack explosives - maybe worth it - but they are quite cheap. So not worth camping for.

Example - serin gas grenade £325k x 500 = 162.5M for boost of 15,000 attack points

You see my point?

In game money is pretty worthless.

Max Power
04-28-2012, 07:39 AM
What level are you Kaz?

Once you get into the higher levels having a good income will not help you as much as one may think.

Most in game cash weapons would add nothing at all to my stats.

Example - lamborghini, vehicle, 19/13 cost - £23mil. Would increase nothing.
helicopter - vehicle, 20/20 cost $35M - would give me an increase of 5 defence only.

Defence explosives - not worth buying because once you pass lvl 100 they get wiped out too quickly

Attack explosives - maybe worth it - but they are quite cheap. So not worth camping for.

Example - serin gas grenade £325k x 500 = 162.5M for boost of 15,000 attack points

You see my point?

You make valid points. For me, in game money makes me care a lot less when I do get robbed. Someone taps my taverns? Meh.....15 minutes income.

Joeycool
04-28-2012, 07:47 AM
You make valid points. For me, in game money makes me care a lot less when I do get robbed. Someone taps my taverns? Meh.....15 minutes income.

Yeah thats how I see it. Getting robbed really doesnt effect you that much if you have a high income.

I think it is much more beneficial when you are low level.

When you reach high level robbing other people for money even becomes pretty useless.

Plus a good income allows you to keep your explosives topped up. I am considering putting some cash into defence explosives soon.

Bala82
04-28-2012, 08:13 AM
Wow this is so crazy i thought in game cash was point of the game try earn enough so that you buy best weapons and upgrade building. As a low level player (Level 18) in game money is rather important to me but it nice to see player try to rob me and lose it makes me rather happy.

I find that when you get to a higher level you have to adjust your playing style that where player get screwed because it's hard to adaptable.

Joeycool
04-28-2012, 08:30 AM
Wow this is so crazy i thought in game cash was point of the game try earn enough so that you buy best weapons and upgrade building.

The best weapons are not bought with in game cash.

They are bought with gold.

The second best tier of weapons are bought with respect points

3rd tier of weapons are bought with in game cash.

In game cash is the least effective way to level up your attack and defence.

Bala82
04-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Thanks joey i know gold are best but i prefer to be a non gold player certain make game more challenging.

Respect weapons are good but no guide as when each one unlocks until you reach a certain level

So that force use weapons are bought with in game cash since your saving respect coins for better ones coming up.

jinqs
04-28-2012, 09:36 AM
You make a lot of good points... and it's kind of making me want to quit the game. So far I'm having tons of fun focusing on my economy and keeping myself in a bracket where I can no bank and basically never get broken. What you're telling me is that, when I get to high levels, this becomes completely impossible unless I spend tons of real money on the game.

Isn't the whole point of this game to make in game cash? So if in game cash is useless... isn't there no point to this game? If you buy gold/respect items, what are you doing it for? As far as I knew, it was so you could increase your att/def stats so you could rob/attack people more and prevent yourself from being robbed/attacked. These actions contribute to increasing your... in game cash. But apparently that is useless. So... why am I playing the game again?

Oh right okay, I got it. I buy the gold/respect items so I can beef up my stats so it's easier to farm respect, not to get money. All right, we're back on track. So then I get all this awesome respect and I use it to buy awesome weapons to farm more respect until I'm done all the TL goals and have awesome attack and defence stats and I'm god-like... so I can... defend my hood that generates useless in-game money?

Dravak
04-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Campers stay put just build up your economy so maybe you hope to have beter benefit trough money purchased items

It is a valid strategy , just too bad aside from vechicles , all the top tier weapons armor are respect items .
But it does gain a huge benefit if done right .
It is not a flawed strategy , but it is still not the winning one .
Good thing about camping is that it gives others who can beat them a nice farm income .
Beats people who have 499 and no income in hoods lol .

jinqs
04-28-2012, 09:55 AM
It is not a flawed strategy , but it is still not the winning one .
You're saying the winning "strategy" is spend real money on the game...?

Dravak
04-28-2012, 09:56 AM
sadly yes lol , that is the winning strategy :p if you want to win .

Dravak
04-28-2012, 09:58 AM
ok the winning strategy without spending money , is a mix of camping , farming and respect items .
Now you can calculate in the free items from events and soon scratch cards and monsterhunt .

Find the right sweet spot where you avoid the big money spenders . and just fight the other campers :p

Bala82
04-28-2012, 10:06 AM
So what in game cash useless it has a purpose for those player who only care about their hood economics.

It's only useless to fighters and attackers ?

it's up to you to decide what you want to do

Too many opinions confuse players

Dravak
04-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Ingame cash is not useless , but since pvp and farming gives you beter items at lower levels .
The cash is invested to be put into exoanding your hood or buy offensive explosives .

But why not look up one of the guides , like the one Khung and Anubis made .
Since Anubis is still around says enough of his strategy , for economy look up tramp stamp .
You need a combination of all three to make a succesfull strategy that works for you .

Plus finding the sweet spot , that means dumping or raising mafia till you are at 90% win ratio .

Dravak
04-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Or bypass all that spent 5k real life money on crates , and become king of the world till 147 .
And then you are required to keep spending like real life war to stay king of the world :p.

erik
04-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Crap JC! Now you tell me in game cash is worthless! :)

Bala82
04-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Well you learn something new about this game everyday

Burn
04-28-2012, 11:07 AM
For anyone interested, for me this is the best guide on this forum, and it isn't linked in the Best of the Best Guides...

Getting Started: Power Level Guide (Gold Free, Zero Camping, 100% Active Play)

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?11993-Getting-Started-Power-Level-Guide-%28Gold-Free-Zero-Camping-100-Active-Play%29&highlight=camping

This is the play style I have loosely followed since I first found this forum, and I have found this method fun and effective.

It is the opposite to camping, it is all active play. And no Gold spend required unless you wish to.

Joeycool
04-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Folks... I'm not saying cash is worthless. I am saying that it is the least valuable commodity in the game for boosting your attack and defence.

Therefore for me camping is not a strategy I would choose.

For me it is about attacking other players to get the respect points to buy Respect weapons.

Still paying attention to economy to bolster your explosives and expand your hood etc. But camping as a strategy will only take you so far. And will only help you while you are low level.

You talk about "wining" the game too. There really is no winning. You just compete. There will always be someone to kick your ass!

Unless... of course... your name is Xenoke. Then you are winning!! :)

Max Power
04-28-2012, 02:01 PM
sadly yes lol , that is the winning strategy :p if you want to win .

OK, when can I win? How will I know when I have won? How many people can win? When is the game over and said winners are declared?

Thanks!

jobadass
04-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Staying in one place for too long can make you itchy.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01468/SNF11SANDY_532_1468266a.jpg
LOL I NEVER want to go there.

Leopold Stotch
04-28-2012, 02:28 PM
there is always gonna be someone with more real money buying more advantages, this is a game meant to have fun with, not "camp" and just be boring so you can be a little bit stronger than people in like 2 years when you make it to over level 150. right now i am level 100 and I focus on robbing more for respect points and doing all the thug life goals and buying weapons with respect. I never spend any cash on weapons , they are so overpriced compared to respect weapons. I am also stronger than most people on my rivals list and usually have no problem robbing anyone and i have never employed any kind of camping or some kind of crazy slow strategy, just play the game and have fun with it , in another year they might add another 100 levels so camping now for people who are so low leveled is pointless

Dravak
04-28-2012, 02:46 PM
OK, when can I win? How will I know when I have won? How many people can win? When is the game over and said winners are declared?

Thanks!

When you can bully all others and just laugh at there insult , you can leave your buildings uncollected
And still see green , they write angry posts about you all day pure out of envy .

And you can do whatever you want whenever you want , without them moaning about you .
That is what in pay2win untouchable asseholes, reminds you about real life huh ;)

But honestly I think am at that stage where am like bored , while you are in the sharkpool max.

Leopold Stotch
04-28-2012, 03:14 PM
how long do you guys camp for ? Serious question too, like months ? if it is months of camping, its like so much boredom just so you can beat up fake people in a fake universe in the distant future, and then when someone who has spent 1000s of dollars on this game is still stronger than you and beating up on you, you can feel dumb for playing slow for so long

nopenopenope
04-28-2012, 03:16 PM
I've camped on my non-daily for over 2 months. Everyone has their own strategy. You knocking others for their strategy only makes you look dumb.

emcee
04-28-2012, 03:27 PM
In game cash is not useless provided you have lots to expand your hood at will. This is problematic if say by level 100 you only have an income of 200k/hr. An extreme camper will have top .1% of economy for their level and can rival those over level 185. A tortoise with top .1% income is not fool hardy and race up to level 185 with just top tiered in game cash items. My level 57 account with a fraction of the economy of my level 8 tortoise account is already hunkering down and only leveling with special events items. These items are better than respect items and are better than some gold items.
When my level 8 account levels up I will have an economy of over 1 million/hr and expand my hood at will. Buy 50 of each defense building and of course top defense explosives. Once at high levels I will have economy over 5 million/hr so even if defense explosives disappear often I can easily stock up on thousands before bedtime and replenish any the next morning.
Having top tiered economy is of course buying top in game cash items which is only helpful for low to mid level levels but more importantly to expand hood to accommodate all defense buildings and to replenish explosives without a thought.
Also, the best defense non gold vehicle in the game at the moment is a jet and not a respect item. At 84 mil per jet you get a defense boost of 36.
An extreme camper will have the benefits of the aforementioned items but will also maximize respect/experience gain. They will not waste respect on mid tiered items like yams or nvb. All respect will go towards end game items but can easily be saved for possible replacement respect items as top economy with large hood/max defense buildings should be enough for the foreseeable future.
My level 57 account does not even have close to the top tiered cash items, only bought 1 end game respect item (chain whip), 28k respect saved and counting, no banking since late last year, no loss to attacks since late last year, only two robberies since late last year and this account is only adopting a portion of the strategy what I suggest above.

Dravak
04-28-2012, 03:27 PM
But he is right , you can also level up and notice there are tons of target always stronger or weaker then you .
You try to get to the top 5% camping never allows you that . since cash weapons are not inherent superior .
Like MW or KA . where you camp you come out beter then people who don't camp get beaten up all day .

nopenopenope
04-28-2012, 03:29 PM
You couldn't have said it better emcee. Great post.

Leopold Stotch
04-28-2012, 03:36 PM
but how long does it take to get to the point where u are making over $1 million per hour? i play the game all the time, i am level 100 right now, and never once have i come across anyone with an hourly income even over 100k ??

jobadass
04-28-2012, 03:40 PM
but how long does it take to get to the point where u are making over $1 million per hour? i play the game all the time, i am level 100 right now, and never once have i come across anyone with an hourly income even over 100k ??
Get ready! 1 million is rare, but 100k is not enough. emcee made all of the points that hindsight has taught me.

Joeycool
04-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Well like I say... Its all very well speculating how good camping is when you are low level. I am at level 189.

I am telling you that in game cash is not very useful up here.

Remember that people up these levels have good economies too. And by the time you get to 142 every player up to 200 will see you. Then all your camping will mean nothing.

One of the strongest players in the game is Noodles. I dont think he has a single money building. Proof that you do not need a good economy to be a top player.

You play the game how you like and enjoy it. Thats whats so good about CC. You play it how you like. And everyone plays differently.

My take on it... camping is good at low level. But it wont help you as much as you think later on.

nopenopenope
04-28-2012, 03:43 PM
If you follow alongside White Frog, Duder's, and others' strategies, you can easily obtain NCs between lvls 3-8 within the first 180 days dependant on one's OCD.

Joeycool
04-28-2012, 03:43 PM
ps. I have an hourly income of £525k and I have not camped once. Very soon I will hit £1m as I have just started my second casino.

Then all my money goes on upgrades.

jobadass
04-28-2012, 03:49 PM
Well like I say... Its all very well speculating how good camping is when you are low level. I am at level 189.

Remember that people up these levels have good economies too. And by the time you get to 142 every player up to 200 will see you. Then all your camping will mean nothing.

One of the strongest players in the game is Noodles. I dont think he has a single money building. Proof that you do not need a good economy to be a top player.

You play the game how you like and enjoy it. Thats whats so good about CC. You play it how you like. And everyone plays differently.

My take on it... camping is good at low level. But it wont help you as much as you think later on.
Plz have mercy on me in another 5 levels... I'm approaching that area where all of you bad mofos can start kicking my ass again.

emcee
04-28-2012, 03:52 PM

Joey you have to keep in mind your experience is based on current circumstance. By the time my level 57 reaches your level and we are not even talking about my level 8 tortoise account the level brackets will tighten up even further.
There will be a lot more players in the high levels compared to the tip of the iceberg now.

My level 57 account has already the ninth open reward for the last 4 special events and the atm crusher as well adding an extra 100 attack. I will have close to 600 attack come high levels with many gold equivalent special event items by that time coupled with a massive hood with 50 of each defense buildings and best explosives.
I am not competiting with the noodles and payam but probably the 99% of all other players at high levels once I get there as I know the brackets will tighten up further by then. Also I will not blindly attack players and will analyze each rival to ensure success.

Dreno33
04-28-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm a camper

Joeycool
04-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Sure mate... camping will help you. Not as much as you hope. But a bit.

You will be surprised at how high peoples stats are because of gold spends once you start to level up.

nopenopenope
04-28-2012, 04:03 PM
I agree with you Joeycool ultimately that there will come a time when the general mass at lvl 142+ will all make millions/hr and in-game cash will lose some of it's value; but from a camper's perspective, I fully expect it to take a year plus for my level 6 to even reach level 50, let alone 142. As everyone knows, there is no time limit to this game so leveling at all on my secondary account is not my goal. I can't change the fact that best case it will take 82,000 hours to build/upgrade all money buildings to 10 x2, but I can affect the resistance I encounter along the way.

Joeycool
04-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Also consider how long the game will remain live for!

If you camp too long you may never reach those levels! :)

Please dont get me wrong... I am not trying to tell anyone how to play the game. I just dont really think camping is for me. Lots of people enjoy it. Good for you.

You should all enter the Cool Oni iTunes card giveaway! Get some gold to camp with! :)

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?26600-The-%A315-iTunes-Cool-Oni-Competition....

nopenopenope
04-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Also consider how long the game will remain live for!

If you camp too long you may never reach those levels! :)

exactly. that's why it's my secondary! =) Have fun all.

emcee
04-28-2012, 04:25 PM
I agree with you Joeycool ultimately that there will come a time when the general mass at lvl 142+ will all make millions/hr and in-game cash will lose some of it's value; but from a camper's perspective, I fully expect it to take a year plus for my level 6 to even reach level 50, let alone 142. As everyone knows, there is no time limit to this game so leveling at all on my secondary account is not my goal. I can't change the fact that best case it will take 82,000 hours to build/upgrade all money buildings to 10 x2, but I can affect the resistance I encounter along the way.I predict by the time you get to level 142 you will probably see only people +1/-1 and even up to 180s. The key to in game cash is not items other than the jet and explosives but more importantly buying all defense buildings across the board. We are talking about 50 of each. This will require a massive hood.
My level 57 account next expansion is 10 mil and I only have 43 gatlings and 23 guard towers. This is not even close to max defense buildings.
How many high level players have 50 sniper dens, 50 security centers, 50 surveillance centers and 50 missile turrets? These add 12850 extra defense at level 1 tycoon.

nopenopenope
04-28-2012, 04:34 PM
A missed point, thanks emcee. I am also employing the 50 def bldg strategy on my daily, but starting with smallest footprint first. I am well into the +$5M expansions/per already, and it's getting pricey to the point I'm looking forward to those costs on my camper with better sustaining income. I'm curiously following the HL players in their expansion experiences after #26/$35m.

Joeycool
04-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Yes... very good emcee. If you have the patience to do that it will be of benefit to you.

Although I'm not sure where you get your +1 / -1 at 142 from. That seems to be completely plucked out of the air.

Lots of people get bored of the game and quit never getting past 150 or so. Thats why the level is set at 142. Because there are very few players at that level. I was once told by support that I was in the top 0.8 % of players for level. That is when I was level 140.

Joeycool
04-28-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm curiously following the HL players in their expansion experiences after #26/$35m.

My next expansion is 40M. Also... I believe that expansions are finite. May be worth considering that If you are hoping to fill your hood with defence building. Not sure you would be able to do it.

emcee
04-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Yes... very good emcee. If you have the patience to do that it will be of benefit to you.

Although I'm not sure where you get your +1 / -1 at 142 from. That seems to be completely plucked out of the air.

Lots of people get bored of the game and quit never getting past 150 or so. Thats why the level is set at 142. Because there are very few players at that level. I was once told by support that I was in the top 0.8 % of players for level. That is when I was level 140.

With new players especially from Android devices I know more people are playing these days. With special events and new TL goals people will level up quicker so we should see more people at HL with time. Once mafia threshold brackets are reached the game will place you with like level opponents. At present there isn't so thats why level 200 can see level 142.

emcee
04-28-2012, 04:44 PM
My next expansion is 40M. Also... I believe that expansions are finite. May be worth considering that If you are hoping to fill your hood with defence building. Not sure you would be able to do it.
My only concern is that expansions will be finite. If so the guard towers will be first to go.

nopenopenope
04-28-2012, 04:50 PM

I along with emcee fear that, but I have to go forward thinking it can be done. IIRC you mentioned your views on this potential limitation elsewhere and there were comments attributed to the app's limitations, which IMO will not be the factor, rather the device's capacity to render the extra information in memory without crashing.

emcee
04-28-2012, 04:54 PM
I along with emcee fear that, but I have to go forward thinking it can be done. IIRC you mentioned your views on this potential limitation elsehwere and there were comments attributed to the app's limitations, which IMO will not be the factor, rather the device's capacity to render the extra information in memory without crashing.
By that time the iPhone 10s should have that fixed :)

Mitinho87
04-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Camping is pointless imo. I'm at level 129 and surely I find players much stronger than me, but by levelling up it gives me the opportunity to make much more money from robberies. At this moment, I'm close to 3.2M for the day on robberies ALONE. And that includes the 12,800 for opening up the crates for paintings every hour.

Spending time camping so you can have a great economy is pointless. Level up so you can make REAL money from robberies WHILE upgrading your defense/money buildings.

jinqs
04-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Camping is pointless imo. I'm at level 129 and surely I find players much stronger than me, but by levelling up it gives me the opportunity to make much more money from robberies. At this moment, I'm close to 3.2M for the day on robberies ALONE. And that includes the 12,800 for opening up the crates for paintings every hour.

Spending time camping so you can have a great economy is pointless. Level up so you can make REAL money from robberies WHILE upgrading your defense/money buildings.
Wow. He signed up just to say that. :)

Thanks for the opinions all, this has been a very useful discussion for those of us who are newer to the game.

murf
04-30-2012, 08:56 AM

I think emcee has a point of the +1/-1 at 142...it wasn't that long ago that I think level ~124 could see 200...as more people advance in the game, I think they will continue to narrow the top band.

Also, I never considered the expansion cost in the economy argument, always answered the question with FBI shields, Jets, etc...but that is a great point. I'm currently doing my $30mm expansion and it's 100% for defensive buildings. I will quickly fill in the extra space with Muay Thai, and replace them slowly with Missile turrets...and then rinse and repeat for my $35mm expansion when I need the space.

Sasha54
04-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Get ready! 1 million is rare, but 100k is not enough. emcee made all of the points that hindsight has taught me.

Well just as a ballpark figure - what is a reasonably good hourly income at say level 100?

sexkitteh
04-30-2012, 09:03 AM
I've read page one and I thought I'd input my 2cents...

I'm currently camping because the first time I played this I got to lvl38 and I didn't have enough money to buy my guys all the good stuff and my economy sucked... so I'm camping till I got a steady economy, buy a descent amount of stuff (I'd like to have about 100 guns/cars/melee/armor) and then start growing... I expect this to take me a few weeks... but I think it's worth it. I'd like to NOT have to spend gold in the long run... and I feel to NOT spend gold in the long run, taking some time to invest at the start might prolong the need to spend rlm... though I probably will when I hit lvl100~

That's my 2cents... (you can see my current stats in my sigy)

I currently make almost as much as I was at lvl 38 lolzzz

Joeycool
04-30-2012, 09:44 AM
@ sexkitten - Another thing to consider... the best early weapons are gained from loot drops.

If you want to equip your mafia with the best weapons... Fight! Dont do jobs. Just fight. You will get a loot drop for about every 10 fights.

example - the steyr aug 7atk 6 def.
closest bought weapon assault rifle - cost 36, 000
So thats 7 hours worth of income... or 3 minutes to fight. Plus with fighting you get R points and cash.

Steyr aug is the worst gun too... you could get much higher rated ones like bloody AK, Skull shotgun or M72.

By far best way to improve your weapons in my opinion. Certainly better than just camping.

Plus you can be improving your economy at the same time.

Sasha54
04-30-2012, 09:44 AM
For anyone interested, for me this is the best guide on this forum, and it isn't linked in the Best of the Best Guides...

Getting Started: Power Level Guide (Gold Free, Zero Camping, 100% Active Play)

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?11993-Getting-Started-Power-Level-Guide-%28Gold-Free-Zero-Camping-100-Active-Play%29&highlight=camping

This is the play style I have loosely followed since I first found this forum, and I have found this method fun and effective.

It is the opposite to camping, it is all active play. And no Gold spend required unless you wish to.

interesting read - I notice he doesn't post on the forum anymore - wonder if he quit the game.

sexkitteh
04-30-2012, 09:48 AM
interesting read - I notice he doesn't post on the forum anymore - wonder if he quit the game.

Well considering that this is what he considered good:
Level 76
9500 Offense
9400 Defense
$21000 per hour income

I was seeing def/att in those numbers at lvl 38 almost all the time and peoples incomes where in the 50k plus... (which is why I restarted... it would have taken me for ever to catch up...)

So I don't think that guide is exactly awesome...

Or maybe I missed something... I just skimmed over it...

Joeycool
04-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Well considering that this is what he considered good:
Level 76
9500 Offense
9400 Defense
$21000 per hour income

I was seeing def/att in those numbers at lvl 38 almost all the time and peoples incomes where in the 50k plus... (which is why I restarted... it would have taken me for ever to catch up...)

So I don't think that guide is exactly awesome...

Or maybe I missed something... I just skimmed over it...

The date... its from nov 2011. People were still learning to play the game then. He probably wrote that after 3 or 4 months of playing.

The people you talk of seeing may have followed this advice from the start of the game.

sexkitteh
04-30-2012, 09:59 AM
yeah good call... I suppose it is possible... I still think taking a moment to camp at beginning of game is important (unless you have money to burn)

And yes - farming players is the best farming you can do...

I like mnju's 70~ stamina stat... the odds of farming good items and earning respect is way high...

70 may be a little hardcore...